Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

35 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

The maligned Aether Pass thing is pretty much FEH's equivalent of paid DLC as it is. Stuff like upgrading the castle for the XP bonus would have been if the feature was added post-release.

Oh yeah. I guess Aether Pass does count, although it feels kind of weird to have to buy it again every week.

It would be nice if they gave out additional Castle makeovers, but those double SP instead.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I just googled Alfador now and apparently it's basically one of Odin's nickname. Lol, when IS realized they fucked up after giving the name Odin to someone else....

As xenologues counts as paralogues, if they want to keep the paralogue-story chapter one each per month pattern, they can just give us xenologue instead of what banner like the bath or the picnic banner... I hope they realize or there is many feedback about this.

Managed to crack 4,000,000 points in the final round of the current Rokkr Siege. Was able to do it with Elincia and three dancers supporting her. Nice to be No.1 for something in this game.

kSGiAF1.png

Hopefully something interesting gets announced next week. The game has kind of been in a state of limbo for me for the last six weeks with nothing of note interesting me. At the very least I hope the dataminers can confirm or deny something for me in next week's update.

Edited by NSSKG151

7 hours ago, XRay said:

I just realizef something. Since we got DLCs for the main games, I wonder how long will it take for Heroes to release their own DLCs. I guess summoning Foci are basically DLCs, but Heroes can potentially release paid content that is not about summoning Heroes.

I am imagining buying a DLC mode that allows easy farming for SP, Hero Merit, and maybe even Grail units, kind of like the grinding maps for levels and weapons in the main games' DLCs. They can also release paid side stories to satisfy those who want better writing, so players can pay for better writing directly. And add a cosmetic shop for the Accessories too for those of us who like to dress up our characters.

I always thought it would be a good idea to bring "heroes" versions of the main game as optional (paid) modules in feh, to replay their stories in the feh engine. 

Lost lore is something like the minimal version of that idea, but completely without gameplay. 

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I always thought it would be a good idea to bring "heroes" versions of the main game as optional (paid) modules in feh, to replay their stories in the feh engine. 

Lost lore is something like the minimal version of that idea, but completely without gameplay. 

Oh yeah, that is a pretty good idea. It would be great to play the super old games.

It's just me or lately they are pushing more of offensive tier 4 skills than the defensive ones lately? June we got Swift Sparrow  3,  July Brazen Atk Spd 4, August atk spd push 4, october atk spd bond 4, and now life and death 4... I wonder how long it will take them to give us  atk spd solo or form 4 or desperation 4. 

And Tharja/Gordin's PRF refine effect, weakening aura, I wonder if we ever will get that as a C skill on its own.

5 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

It's just me or lately they are pushing more of offensive tier 4 skills than the defensive ones lately? June we got Swift Sparrow  3,  July Brazen Atk Spd 4, August atk spd push 4, october atk spd bond 4, and now life and death 4... I wonder how long it will take them to give us  atk spd solo or form 4 or desperation 4. 

And Tharja/Gordin's PRF refine effect, weakening aura, I wonder if we ever will get that as a C skill on its own.

KINDA par of the course since games often want to push offense more than defense by nature

I'd like to note that defensive Tier 4, or rather defensive skills power level is fairly strong all around atm, if nothing else.

Stacking stuff such as Refine(+5 HP +4 of chosen area of defense), Lull ATKs, Bonus Doubler on Defensive area, Stance 4, Proximity Defense 4

Offense growth in this game is actually slower than some might think at times. Berserk Armads is still the most powerful weapon in the game. Nameless Blade is still one of the most absurd weapon in the game. On Pure Raw power, Lunar Arc and Durandal remains the king of unconditional power, with Ragnarok as the king of raw power at optimal condition. A lot of those are old, with Durandal and Lunar Arc as the newest i believe

Theres stuff like Missiletain which goes towards enabling offense instead of going on raw power but yeah

11 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Managed to crack 4,000,000 points in the final round of the current Rokkr Siege. Was able to do it with Elincia and three dancers supporting her. Nice to be No.1 for something in this game.

kSGiAF1.png

Hopefully something interesting gets announced next week. The game has kind of been in a state of limbo for me for the last six weeks with nothing of note interesting me. At the very least I hope the dataminers can confirm or deny something for me in next week's update.

1999 orbs wow that's a lot! I have 659 which I'm quite proud of but that pales in comparison to what you have. 

7 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

They already introduced most relevant tier 4 Enemy Phase style skills, with the only ones missing now are Close Def, Bracing Stance, and Darting Breath. Most Bonds are missing too, but but bonds are kind of crap for high pressure modes right now.

I would also argue Bonds and Forms are defensive rather than offensive. Having positioning requirements to be near allies does not work in practice for Player Phase combat.

5 hours ago, Icelerate said:

1999 orbs wow that's a lot! I have 659 which I'm quite proud of but that pales in comparison to what you have. 

Yeah, there weren't many banners this year that interested me so there were several months I spent just stockpiling orbs. There's nothing I really want to spend orbs on anyways since most of the characters I like are already in the game at this point and I have most of them so...

14 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

The reason for this is the fact that there are a lot of Tier 3 offensive skills and they are all extremely similar to each other in stats and are all relevant. The release of Swift Sparrow 3 rendered all of the other Tier 3 offensive skills obsolete, so they all needed a Tier 4 version to compete.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Yay, a Tap Battle that gives orbs. The pace feels really slow though, feels like 1x speed instead of 2x. Must be some real funereal music going on, not that I can hear it because my music is permanently off.

Hearing Owain's special lines is so fun. I also realized that his Missiletainn's special charge effect works on either phase. For some reason, I thought it only worked on enemy phase like a Breath. Y'know, if they ever decide his sword should gain he ability to be refined, inflicting Guard would be interesting. So, the total effects being "Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). Grants Special cooldown charge +1 per foe's attack during combat. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack. Special cooldown charge granted even if foe's attack deals 0 damage.) [Unique refinement] Inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 on foe per attack during combat. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)"

And I guess the best thing they could do for Dark Mystletainn is a Wo Dao effect or Wrath if they ever feel like it needs to be stronger. Special Spiral and Wrath would mean Ares and Eldigan would be able to get charged Ignis and deal 10 damage when they're at <= 75% HP and that would be hilarious.

Anyway, I just noticed that Igrene's Guardian's Bow's effect doesn't have the "At start of combat" condition like the effects of Kagero's Dart, Kliff's Saggitae, CYL Lyn's unique refined Mulagir, Selena's Blade, and Ylgr's Sylgr. It's the same wording and the same kind of speed check on Red-Hot Ducks, Karla's Vassal Blade, Naesala's Raven King Beak, and flying Nino's Giga Excalibur, except instead of dealing damage: "If unit's Spd > foe's Spd, deals damage = 70% of difference between stats. (Maximum bonus of +7 damage. Combos with Phantom Spd.)", it inflicts Atk/Spd/Def-5 on her foe.

Setsuna's a creature, but I wonder if having the same effect would be okay on her. She has the same base speed as Igrene and which still ties her for the fastest colorless infantry archer along with Saint-King Alm, summer Gaius, and Nina. That said, Setsuna's base attack is below-average, 9 less than Saint-King Alm and Igrene, so maybe dealing damage like Giga Excalibur, Raven King Beak, Red-Hot Ducks, and Vassal Blade would be better as she would have guaranteed damage so long as she's that faster than her foe. Watch her get a personal Shining Bow and the speed check, deal damage effect. Guaranteed damage on top of guaranteed damage.

PSA: There are currently 34 non-staff refines that we haven't gotten in FEH yet. So based on an average of 4 refines/prfs per month we would have them all by this time next year. Or dipping into 2021 around February/March to account for months where we only get 3.

Ugh... imagine refines for your favorites being the very last ones (Shivers at the thought of 2021 refines for Ninian, M!Morgan and Fae).

5 hours ago, Kaden said:

And I guess the best thing they could do for Dark Mystletainn is a Wo Dao effect or Wrath if they ever feel like it needs to be stronger. Special Spiral and Wrath would mean Ares and Eldigan would be able to get charged Ignis and deal 10 damage when they're at <= 75% HP and that would be hilarious.

If Dark Mystletainn ever ends up needing a refine (which it shouldn't for at least another 2 years considering how ridiculous the weapon is), I'd imagine it would get Vantage or Quick Riposte as a refine to reference Ares's skills in Genealogy (he has Follow-Up, Adept, and Vantage).

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

Was there ever an incident in Tap battle, where non playable characters showed up as boss units?

Not until now.

So I did some mass summoning and got a lot of DC fodder as well as two Idouns. 

I gave Surtr one of my Nagis and now he has special fighter and DC. I also pulled two Nailahs, one of which I gave to Sharena and the other to Micaiah. Is it worth giving DC and Null C disrupt to Anna as well? 

I gave Corrin fortress def/res 3 to make him tanky in case he gets attacked instead of Surtr. I have one more, I can keep Idoun or I can fodder her off to another unit like Fjorm. For now I'll keep her. 

2 hours ago, Icelerate said:

I gave Surtr one of my Nagis and now he has special fighter and DC. I also pulled two Nailahs, one of which I gave to Sharena and the other to Micaiah. Is it worth giving DC and Null C disrupt to Anna as well? 

Assuming you are using Anna for Aether Raids, her Atk is pretty low (and that is factoring in her bonus stats into account), so I am not sure she got enough power to kill anything in that mode unless you turn her into a super tank, so I do not think Null C-Disrupt is that great on her. If you are turning her into a super tank, there is no point in running Null C-Disrupt in my opinion since Firesweepers do not deal a lot of damage and it is better to just wall them and run something like Lull Atk/Spd so she can better fight off raw damage nukes.

However, I think Distant Counter is worth it if you plan to use Anna as a bonus unit in Arena. It helps her take out ranged units quickly. My Anna is supported by full Tactics and this is the build I am using:
Slaying Hammer (Def)
Repositoin
Aether
Distant Counter
Renewal
Atk Smoke
Atk/Spd Bond
Even with 6/6/6/6 bonus buffs, Anna is still pretty shit in getting bonus kills. With Alfonse, I aim for 19/20 kills, and I can often get a full 20/20 kills; with Sharena, I aim for 18/20 kills; with Anna, I will be satisfied if she gets 15/20 kills.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Assuming you are using Anna for Aether Raids, her Atk is pretty low (and that is factoring in her bonus stats into account), so I am not sure she got enough power to kill anything in that mode unless you turn her into a super tank, so I do not think Null C-Disrupt is that great on her. If you are turning her into a super tank, there is no point in running Null C-Disrupt in my opinion since Firesweepers do not deal a lot of damage and it is better to just wall them and run something like Lull Atk/Spd so she can better fight off raw damage nukes.

However, I think Distant Counter is worth it if you plan to use Anna as a bonus unit in Arena. It helps her take out ranged units quickly. My Anna is supported by full Tactics and this is the build I am using:
Slaying Hammer (Def)
Repositoin
Aether
Distant Counter
Renewal
Atk Smoke
Atk/Spd Bond
Even with 6/6/6/6 bonus buffs, Anna is still pretty shit in getting bonus kills. With Alfonse, I aim for 19/20 kills, and I can often get a full 20/20 kills; with Sharena, I aim for 18/20 kills; with Anna, I will be satisfied if she gets 15/20 kills.

I supported her with Oscar who gives her +3 atk and +3 speed from his lance and I can add additional drive attack if need be. Maybe I should give her wrath instead so that when she drops low with her low durability, she can get +10 true damage. I'll test it out eventually. 

Marth is going to support Sharena. 

Corrin supports Surtr.

I'm going to save orbs for Brave Lucina but I'm not sure who she should support. Probably Edelgard. 

20 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I supported her with Oscar who gives her +3 atk and +3 speed from his lance and I can add additional drive attack if need be. Maybe I should give her wrath instead so that when she drops low with her low durability, she can get +10 true damage. I'll test it out eventually. 

Wrath would definitely be best then, and I would run Hardy Bearing too, just in case you encounter some pesky Vantage units.
Slaying Axe (Def) — Wo Gùn (Def)
Reposition
Ruptured Sky
Distant Counter
Wrath — Special Spiral
Atk Smoke
Hardy Bearing
If you have a Firesweeper to whittle down enemies, Anna can then kill a lot of things. It seems better than my setup which is basically just praying she can outlast enemies.

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

Wrath would definitely be best then, and I would run Hardy Bearing too, just in case you encounter some pesky Vantage units.
Slaying Axe (Def) — Wo Gùn (Def)
Reposition
Ruptured Sky
Distant Counter
Wrath — Special Spiral
Atk Smoke
Hardy Bearing
If you have a Firesweeper to whittle down enemies, Anna can then kill a lot of things. It seems better than my setup which is basically just praying she can outlast enemies.

Most of AR is full of glass canons who hit hard so I'm not sure why I would go for ruptured sky when Anna will need to heal as her durability is poor. 

Just got a notification for a Distant Counter Meisterschwert yo! Altina looks insane.

Anyways, back to what I was saying...

3 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Most of AR is full of glass canons who hit hard so I'm not sure why I would go for ruptured sky when Anna will need to heal as her durability is poor. 

Oh, I thought you meant using Wrath for Arena.

If you need healing on Anna, I would just run a healer instead. In my opinion, the healing from any healing Special or skill on the combat unit itself is not strong enough to warrant losing out on dealing extra damage. Making sure whatever nuke that is attacking you is dead helps keep Anna and the back line safe.

If you are using Anna as a supertank, I do not think Oscar will cut it since Anna needs a lot of stat stacking. Even if it is a bit tedious, I would just switch M!Corrin's Ally Support to whatever supertank you are using for that week. Anna also want a skill to disable enemy buffs and ideally Specials too.
Hack-o'- Lantern — Handbell
Def Refine — Res Refine
Reposition
Ruptured Sky
Distant Counter
Lull Atk/Spd
Atk Smoke — Pulse Smoke
Distant Def
If you are running her in Astra Season, so she is without Eir, then I would just give M!Corrins Reciprocal Aid or Sacrifice to act as a healer.

Edited by XRay

Meet the Heroes has added five older Binding Blade characters, along with Altina of course. This time we got fully clothed Lilina, Cecilia, Zephiel, Narcian and Fae. Guinivere is one of Zephiel's associated characters (and is also pictured in smol form along with young Zephiel), while Galle cameos in this rather glorious image:

Spoiler

narcian_wyvern_general_info02.png