Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

So I just wanted to come here to say that Lu Bu came out with a build idea that's really broken. I used it, and oh gods it's amazing.

First, you need Byleth. Male or female is fine, but male may be preferred because he doesn't need to inherit Distant Counter. Next, have them inherit DC (female only, like I said), Miracle, and Mystic Boost, and give them either Heavy Blade or Flashing Blade in their Seal slot. With Miracle at 4 cooldown, and HB/FB's ability to charge their special by 2 each attack, all that's needed to get Miracle ready is 2 attacks. When Miracle triggers from the opponent's attack (and most of the time it will be attack, not attacks, because of her high Spd and Creator Sword's NFU effect), she can charge it back to full again in 2 attacks. And again, because of her high Spd she'll most likely be doing so. After combat, Mystic Boost will heal her for 6 HP, and if Miracle's fully charged at the time then the next attack she takes will trigger Miracle, yadda-yadda, the cycle continues.

You can indeed make any decent unit with a Killer/Slaying weapon effect (exclusive or not) work with this. The Byleths, however, happen to work a lot better because of the effects Creator Sword has built into it, as well as having their own above-average BST.

Yes, there are several weaknesses. It's broken, but not game-breaking. Brave weapons (especially Brave Lances and especially Dire Thunder) are her worst enemies, since their inherent doubling ability can make Miracle useless. The opponent can have a higher Atk and/or Spd than her, preventing her from fully charging Miracle before she dies (although this isn't really a problem if you have a Brave!Lucina with her refined Geirskogul on the team). Firesweep users, especially with NCD, can prevent her from counterattacking and therefore slow down her own charging of Miracle. Burn damage from Pain+ and Savage Blow can force her to 1 HP, making Miracle useless.

Still, with pretty much everything else they have no problem. I took my unmerged F-Byleth to Abyssal Xander a few hours ago and she solo'd him. I realize he's not insanely difficult to deal with, but I'm talking about soloing an Abyssal map with an unmerged unit. She has a Spd bane and I still solo'd him.

Thought I'd get that off my chest here, since this is the right place to put it in and I didn't think it should've had its own topic.

I saw this video as well, I was laughing like a maniac the entire time. I kinda wish I had a Saber, because he’d also work pretty well with this build (because his DC is conditional on having a charged special, which is the entire point of the build, he can run something like Steady Breath in the a slot, so he doesn’t have to bother with flashing/heavy blade). Unfortunately, I do not, so I was thinking maybe Linus, just because I’m building him anyway for Black Fang emblem. I need MB fodder first though.

On that topic, is Eir coming back on the next legendary banner?

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

8 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

So, uh, the next set of Arena bonus units sure is a thing [DATAMINE]:

Hide contents

Post image

What, were Osian and Tanya too busy bickering with each other as usual to show up here or something?

Sure, just cram the last two banners into the same group even if you can't fit all of them in. I'm sure those who went out of their way to get and build Osian and/or Tanya will be thrilled by this.

Wow, yeah, that's just rude. I was looking forward to using him as a bonus.

Ok, there is something curious in the datamine. @daisy jane told me about it.

Spoiler

l00ieb2oix441.png

There are red numbered free summo tickets in the datamine, which is weird.

Daisy told me about the red tickets, my first thought was the rerun winter banners, since they are in the same day. But then, we also have the number 3 ticket...

According to the datamine, we have 5 banners until the legendary banner, and according to the calendar, they are:

• Dec 16th - Special Heroes (Winter Seasonal Banner);
  • Dec 21st - Heroes with Rally Skills;
  • Dec 22nd - Weekly Banner 9 (Alm, Delthea, Faye);
  • Dec 24th - Winter's Envoy;
  • Dec 24th - Gifts of Winter.

My other thought is: The Red Numbered tickets are for the New Year Banners (the two reruns and the new banner), since all 3 banners start in the same day (Jan 1st).

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Ok, there is something curious in the datamine. @daisy jane told me about it.

Hide contents

l00ieb2oix441.png

There are red numbered free summo tickets in the datamine, which is weird.

Daisy told me about the red tickets, my first thought was the rerun winter banners, since they are in the same day. But then, we also have the number 3 ticket...

According to the datamine, we have 5 banners until the legendary banner, and according to the calendar, they are:

• Dec 16th - Special Heroes (Winter Seasonal Banner);
  • Dec 21st - Heroes with Rally Skills;
  • Dec 22nd - Weekly Banner 9 (Alm, Delthea, Faye);
  • Dec 24th - Winter's Envoy;
  • Dec 24th - Gifts of Winter.

My other thought is: The Red Numbered tickets are for the New Year Banners (the two reruns and the new banner), since all 3 banners start in the same day (Jan 1st).

Spoiler

Why give us tickets for the NY banners and not any of the Christmas ones though? I'm going to assume it's for an anniversary-related thing, because the 3 year anniversary is not that far off. Though it still is far enough for it to be kind of odd for anything related to it to be in the code now. But even so. Three years, three tickets, three banners. It fits.

46 minutes ago, Anacybele said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Why give us tickets for the NY banners and not any of the Christmas ones though? I'm going to assume it's for an anniversary-related thing, because the 3 year anniversary is not that far off. Though it still is far enough for it to be kind of odd for anything related to it to be in the code now. But even so. Three years, three tickets, three banners. It fits.

Spoiler

I didn't consider the Anniversary because it is still far away. That's why I considered the New Years Banner. They did some promotions in others New Years: The Burger King Black Knight pack in 2017, and the NY Fjorm/Laevatein pack in 2018. So instead of making another pack, since we got some during the Black Friday, maybe they will give us some tickets for the banners.

The Anniversary is still a possibility, though.

16 hours ago, Anathaco said:

I saw this video as well, I was laughing like a maniac the entire time. I kinda wish I had a Saber, because he’d also work pretty well with this build (because his DC is conditional on having a charged special, which is the entire point of the build, he can run something like Steady Breath in the a slot, so he doesn’t have to bother with flashing/heavy blade). Unfortunately, I do not, so I was thinking maybe Linus, just because I’m building him anyway for Black Fang emblem. I need MB fodder first though.

On that topic, is Eir coming back on the next legendary banner?

I also saw the video (I love listening to Lu Bu's play-by-play videos, he's hilarious) and I thought it was a really cool build. I like sustain builds anyway, so I really want to try it as I have three Male Byleth's (saving for fodder or merges, not sure yet),  but I unfortunately only have one Eir. And if/when I pull another Eir I really want to keep the second copy for double bonus stats in AR. Maybe if I get a bunch of gift cards fr Christmas I'll splurge and buy a bunch of orbs when Eir is on a banner and try and whale her? Maybe? I also have a Saber, but haven't done his refine yet. That's cool the build works with him too, I never thought of that. 

Do you guys think Awakening will get New Year's alts? I don't think it has gotten any seasonals this year, unlike I believe every other game (besides Genealogy?). Kimonos are serious business and my favorite alt outfit so my hopes are high. 

2 hours ago, Thane said:

Do you guys think Awakening will get New Year's alts? I don't think it has gotten any seasonals this year, unlike I believe every other game (besides Genealogy?). Kimonos are serious business and my favorite alt outfit so my hopes are high. 

Clearly the New Years alts will go to Hel, Eir, Lif and Thrasir with Gustav as our TT unit. But on a more serious note I'm guessing Awakening or Three Houses will get New Years this year though I do wonder if they might split it among different games or have the characters all be from a single game.

12 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Clearly the New Years alts will go to Hel, Eir, Lif and Thrasir with Gustav as our TT unit. 

d67.jpg

It's seriously my biggest fear. Book II wasn't my favorite but I guess I can see why the OC's there would be featured on a banner together. I can't say the same about Book III.

I'm not sure if anyone brought this up before, but I just realized it myself.

Paralogue 27, "Adrift", was the first instance we saw of Ljosalfheimr's influence in FEH. And Loki seems to have a large influence in Ljosalfheimr, there's no other way to put it. Not only that, but Loki is able to affect multiple realms at the same time and put them in the same "dream", having been capable of bringing an Azura separate from Askr into the same location she brought the Askr Trio and Kiran themselves.

The question, however...exactly what kind of power does Loki control? Does she actually command the power of dreams as well as illusions? Dreams are considered illusions of the subconscious, and Loki is a goddess just as her sister is the goddess of war. Or could Loki actually command the power of dreams, and illusions are just a part of that power?

It makes me theorize something. What if Loki is actually Freyr/Freya? I realize that's stretching it a bit, but doesn't it make you think? Loki just seems to have way too much governance over dreams and illusions for me to think otherwise.

Looks like IS will be handing out 10 free orbs because of an issue with the description on Igrene's Guardian Bow. Well, I don't have Igrene nor have I ever seen one but I will never say no to free orbs.

Edited by NSSKG151

43 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Huh, your team for shield phase gets randomly swapped each time. How thoughtful of them to ruin my work. But I guess I can't complain. That mode is easy peesy.

It might not be all fun and games at higher tiers. There might be a chance that it could be as bad as Relay Defense.

At least with the tier system the maximum difficulty is theoretically adaptable to the player's power level, unlike Relay Defense which was the same difficulty even for players who started the day before.

8 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Huh, your team for shield phase gets randomly swapped each time. How thoughtful of them to ruin my work. But I guess I can't complain. That mode is easy peesy.

When does your team get swapped? I made one map and one team (with locked skills) and I didn't have problems. 

7 hours ago, Humanoid said:

At least with the tier system the maximum difficulty is theoretically adaptable to the player's power level, unlike Relay Defense which was the same difficulty even for players who started the day before.

I don't think fixing the highest difficulty to players who have highly merged mythic heroes is a good thing. 

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I don't think fixing the highest difficulty to players who have highly merged mythic heroes is a good thing. 

It's not ideal but in line with most competitive modes. The alternative is fixed difficulty for everyone which I think is more harmful as it outright locks out people from doing certain content, as it was in Relay Defense.

3 hours ago, Humanoid said:

It's not ideal but in line with most competitive modes. The alternative is fixed difficulty for everyone which I think is more harmful as it outright locks out people from doing certain content, as it was in Relay Defense.

In AR (at this moment the most competitive mode imo), merges affect scoring less than in AB/AA/arena and MS. You can reach top 1k without +10 mythics (i.e. @Maaka and others), but not the top 10. 

Relay defense had other issues that an easy accessible high difficulty. 

19 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Looks like IS will be handing out 10 free orbs because of an issue with the description on Igrene's Guardian Bow. Well, I don't have Igrene nor have I ever seen one but I will never say no to free orbs.

have Igrene, and i had no idea this was even an issue. but thanks for 10 extra orbs. (that will live in my feh bank until feb. blegh). 

The selection of the new Hall of Forms is... interestings,,, It's cool that we will get seasonal in this event.

My only issue here is Draug, being the only armored unit. He basically needs armored boots.

And this time, only 1 unit has a prf weapon, which in my opinion is good. Last time I went with their prf weapon instead of using generic ones.