Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

On 12/23/2019 at 11:15 PM, Ice Dragon said:

Jedah's damage immunity was based on turn number in Gaiden, so it could also make sense to give him a percentage damage mitigation on odd-numbered turns, for example.

That would make more sense and I guess a first hit damage reduction could work since one is an odd number. No, I will not prove why one is an odd number. A semester of proofs is enough for now. I was curious about who could have a resistance check version of Close Call and have it fit.

I wonder if it would be possible for them to program an effect that reduces damage for odd number hits. We have effects that reduce damage for the first hit (of a specific damage source), consecutive hits, or all hits (Close Call), but odd number hits or even number hits for that matter I wonder if it would be possible. Essentially, damage reduction on odd number hits would be like first hit damage reduction that also covers the third hit of anyone capable of a follow-up attack with a Brave weapon or effect in the cases of Alm with his unique refined Falchion's Double Lion effect and CYL Celica's Double Lion B passive. Jedah being slow or slow-ish works, so at the very least him getting doubled, hit on an even number, could work. That said, I figure Jedah being an armor mage would make sense and that means he would have access to Wary Fighter, so a unit without the appropriate Tomebreaker or Null Follow-Up or a similar effect and 5 more speed than him or a Brave weapon would not be able to land a second hit, an even number, hit on him.

Or they could go all in and make it so his tome's effect grants him damage immunity every four turns. And so, Aether Raids was ruined.

And speaking of a resistance check version of Close Call...

Edited by Kaden

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Updated legendary schedule:

• January:
    • Eliwood
    • Ephraim/Lucina
    • Yune/Hector
    • Leif
  • February:
    • Eirika/Sothis/Marth
    • Azura/Julia
    • Gunnthra/Lyn
    • Alm/Duma
  • March:
    • Altina/Roy
    • Tiki/Fjorm/Peony
    • Thrasir
    • Robin
  • April:
    • Ryoma/Hrid
    • Naga
    • Celica
    • Eir
  • May:
    • Ike
    • (none)
    • (none)
    • (none)

I have to endure till February. At the moment I have 300 orbs. And would maybe hit 800-900 until then and could merge Julia. But on the other hand if Rinkah appears or another "most" wanted until then the plan will be crashed anyway. But getting 1-3 merges of Julia there would be nice. Also green on this legendary now is still bait. 

3 hours ago, Othin said:

Eyvel did not demote. Unfortunate.

Ugh... that means she is permanently in 5* and I do not want pull that crap. I guess Guard Sword is nice for Enemy Phase players.

Edited by XRay

12 hours ago, XRay said:

I see you are an East Coastian. I still need about 2 more hours here in California. @eclipse will probably be last to experience Christmas I think.

Unless someone closer to the wrong end of the date line signed up, we in Hawaii will be the last.

Merry Christmas to all!  Now go beat up Celica's maps again!

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

Mareeta's mom didn't demote?

I guess they didn't want chill atk/form skills in the 3-4 pool. 

Nope, which makes that 4.75% (I think, what I do know for sure is that I never pulled a 5* from that banner) rate I left behind on that banner sting even worse. 

Regardless, good riddance to that banner all the same.

12 hours ago, Othin said:

Updated legendary schedule:

• January:
    • Eliwood
    • Ephraim/Lucina
    • Yune/Hector
    • Leif
  • February:
    • Eirika/Sothis/Marth
    • Azura/Julia
    • Gunnthra/Lyn
    • Alm/Duma
  • March:
    • Altina/Roy
    • Tiki/Fjorm/Peony
    • Thrasir
    • Robin
  • April:
    • Ryoma/Hrid
    • Naga
    • Celica
    • Eir
  • May:
    • Ike
    • (none)
    • (none)
    • (none)

The lack of Reds in January pretty much screams: "The new Hero is here"

I wonder if they'll ever just ... you know, stop releasing mythic and legendary heroes. Assuming that we don't start up a new group of legendaries, there are four empty spots that have yet to be filled (second water and wind pair up legendaries, earth-resistance, and fire-speed). I don't actually think we're going to end with only four more legendaries, since we still have a lot of potential legendaries including the new TH lords, but I really wish they'd finish up that first block of sixteen heroes already!

8 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I wonder if they'll ever just ... you know, stop releasing mythic and legendary heroes. Assuming that we don't start up a new group of legendaries, there are four empty spots that have yet to be filled (second water and wind pair up legendaries, earth-resistance, and fire-speed). I don't actually think we're going to end with only four more legendaries, since we still have a lot of potential legendaries including the new TH lords, but I really wish they'd finish up that first block of sixteen heroes already!

It's a very odd situation. The last legendary hero with a stat bonus was a full year ago - it seems like another one now would come off as underwhelming. For a while I was speculating that they could release them as new book OCs, but we got Peony as a mythic instead. Maybe something else off-pattern?

Regular legendaries seem like they could just keep adding more pair up cycles as long as they want to keep making them, but I'm curious what will happen to mythics in the long run. So far we've only gotten mythics in the stat boost cycle, so if they want more, they'll have to either repeat the cycle or make some other type.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's a very odd situation. The last legendary hero with a stat bonus was a full year ago - it seems like another one now would come off as underwhelming. For a while I was speculating that they could release them as new book OCs, but we got Peony as a mythic instead. Maybe something else off-pattern?

Regular legendaries seem like they could just keep adding more pair up cycles as long as they want to keep making them, but I'm curious what will happen to mythics in the long run. So far we've only gotten mythics in the stat boost cycle, so if they want more, they'll have to either repeat the cycle or make some other type.

Yeah, but it also seems really dumb to just ... you know, not finish that first group of 16 and leave two empty spots so I really hope we get them eventually somehow. Also, no more OCs as legendaries, imo. Fjorm, Gunnthra, and Hrid could've easily been actual lords who should've gotten a legendary more than they did. I don't even think Ryoma, Azura, Grima, and Tiki should've been legendaries either tbh.

The mythic units are ... well, I mean ... I don't mind having Altina as a playable unit, but she shouldn't have been a mythic imo. Neither should've Thrasir. Without Altina, the eligible candidates would've been a lot smaller and more focused, and we could've finished mythic units within reason. Altina opens up the door for Anri, Soan, the 12 Crusaders, and more and really had no reason being the "first" of those types of units to get in either other than being an attractive girl with a sword. Maybe if they made a separate classification for these not-divine-but-still-legends characters (or made THEM the actual legendary heroes) it'd be one thing, but Altina and Thrasir being mythic heroes just presents all sorts of new problems. ALSO DUMA IS STILL THE ONLY MALE MYTHIC.

1 hour ago, Troykv said:

The lack of Reds in January pretty much screams: "The new Hero is here"

Líf is coming

I don't know who can be... after Altina, I have no idea who can appear. It will probably be Dark or Anima, since we got 2 offensive ones in a row (Altina and Peony).

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

The mythic units are ... well, I mean ... I don't mind having Altina as a playable unit, but she shouldn't have been a mythic imo.

It makes no sense to me why people still try to force the association of "Mythic" with "mythic" when they understand the difference between "Hero" and "hero." The term Mythic with a capital M is a technical term for a gameplay mechanic; the background of the character does not matter. Heroes can be Mythic even if they are not gods or some kind of divinity.

Edited by XRay

Just now, Diovani Bressan said:

Like Thrasir, who is just a Jelly girl that for some random reason IntSys decided to make her Mythic Hero.

Jelly waifus are great. Jelly waifus might not be particularly mythical or heroic, but that should not stop them from being Mythic Heroes.

37 minutes ago, XRay said:

It makes no sense to me why people still try to force the association of "Mythic" with "mythic" when they understand the difference between "Hero" and "hero." The term Mythic with a capital M is a technical term for a gameplay mechanic; the background of the character does not matter. Heroes can be Mythic even if they are not gods or some kind of divinity.

Yeah, and I personally don't think they should've done that. If you're cool with that, then that's your thing and don't tell me I'm wrong for feeling otherwise.

January is a mythic hero month, red is suspiciously empty, there's a lack of male mythics outside of Duma... 

This can only mean one thing - Anri is coming!

Kidding, it's probably Lif, which means I'll have to hope the third red isn't a dud AND be super careful about not spending on the new year duo.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Yeah, and I personally don't think they should've done that. If you're cool with that, then that's your thing and don't tell me I'm wrong for feeling otherwise.

I did not say you were wrong to feel the way you do. However, getting hung up on trivial stuff like terminology just seems like people are trying to find something negative just for the sake of being negative. If it was about your favorite unit getting crappy vanilla skills or worse a shit stat distribution, I think that makes total sense to be angry and disappointed. However, nitpicking on technical terminology just seems overly excessive in my opinion.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I did not say you were wrong to feel the way you do. However, getting hung up on trivial stuff like terminology just seems like people are trying to find something negative just for the sake of being negative. If it was about your favorite unit getting crappy vanilla skills or worse a shit stat distribution, I think that makes total sense to be angry and disappointed. However, nitpicking on technical terminology just seems overly excessive in my opinion.

I don't think you actually read my post if you think I'm being negative for the sake of being negative.

I don't think Altina and Thrasir were good additions to mythic hero because it opens the door to a bunch of characters who may not get added into the game also being eligible for being mythic heroes. What makes Altina a better choice for mythic hero than Anri? They're both characters in their games' lores with little defined personality. But one of them got into Heroes as an OP unit. So is Anri going to get in? Why not put him in first in that case? What about Soan? Will he get in too, being Altina's equal and also being present only in the game's lore? Are they going to put in any of the 12 Crusaders or any of Elibe's heroes or any of Magvel's heroes? Maybe the important ones only, or will they be ignored because there's too many of them? What about Fodlan's legendary founders, whoever they are? Why release Altina last month anyway when we still don't have obvious choices like Anankos or Mila or Ashera or Medeus? Anankos or Medeus being added would make him only the second male mythic hero anyway. Why haven't they added Lif if they put in Thrasir? Do we need a spot for Hel as well?

Basically, putting Altina as a mythic hero opens up the door for a bunch of other candidates who are in the same boat as her. If we don't get the important ones alongside her, or if the ones who get in are predominantly or entirely female, then comes the salt and the cynicism of "they only put Altina/these characters in because waifu". Thrasir and Lif could've also easily been part of a 2-person banner like Surtr and Ylgr were.

Basically, I'm cynical and getting sick of waifus and I want the legendary and mythic cycles to have a foreseeable END instead of continuously clogging up the game with overpowered 5-stars continuously powercreeping each other whom I'll probably never get because mythic/legendary banners aren't around long enough anyway but are the only stupid way of getting these characters.

35 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Basically, I'm cynical and getting sick of waifus

That is a legitimate concern and I get that some players want more males in the game. However, there is not much they can do outside of sending feedback to the developers and outspend players who spend on waifus.

35 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

and I want the legendary and mythic cycles to have a foreseeable END instead of continuously clogging up the game with overpowered 5-stars continuously powercreeping each other whom I'll probably never get because mythic/legendary banners aren't around long enough anyway but are the only stupid way of getting these characters.

I honestly do not see Legendary and Mythic Heroes ending, and I think they have become a permanent part of the summoning experience, just like how Special Heroes are. Power creep is unavoidable and there is no way to avoid it if the game was to survive financially.

As for Legendary and Mythic Heroes being good though, only a few of them are actually top tier. Eir, Altina, and Peony are great, but other Mythic Heroes are just okay at best if not downright detrimental without a specific team composition to make it work. For Legendary Heroes, the only top tier ones are VS!Azura, UOT!Leif, BK!Eliwood, and MOO!Hector; SK!Alm and QOV!Celica are good, but they are not really meta defining or necessary, and you can achieve similar levels of performance with cheaper options.

Edited by XRay

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

SK!Alm and QOV!Celica are good, but they are not really meta defining or necessary, and you can achieve similar levels of performance with cheaper options.

It's probably worth clarifying that they are not meta-defining as units in player hands. They are most certainly meta-defining as enemy-controlled units.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's probably worth clarifying that they are not meta-defining as units in player hands. They are most certainly meta-defining as enemy-controlled units.

I guess that is true, since they pretty much force your super tanks to have decent Spd to avoid being completely shitted on. However, getting super tanks enough Spd is not that difficult, so while they are meta defining, they are not bonkers like Infantry Pulse teams.

To think of non-Lif possibilities for a Red Mythic:

• Anri
  • Baldr
  • Od- highly unlikely since we don't even have Shannan yet.
  • Hodr
  • Fjalar
  • Roland
  • Hartmut
  • Athos
  • Bramimond
  • Unnamed Renais mythic with Sieglinde.
  • Unnamed Jehanna mythic with Audulhma.
  • Grado with Gleipnir
  • First Exalt

Me want Brami, or Athos. Fjalar is a female that looks sorta pretty:

heroescrusaders-217x300.jpg

The woman right in the middle with flowing hair, Arvis's ancestor.

Lif just seems like the easier pick though.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

However, getting super tanks enough Spd is not that difficult, so while they are meta defining, they are not bonkers like Infantry Pulse teams.

Getting tanks with enough Spd is only easy now because we finally have tanks with extremely high base Spd. While it is on paper easy to just add buffs to a slow unit until you get 50+ Spd, those buffs require specific team compositions, usually requiring extremely specific units and positioning requirements.

I don't know what kind of teams you tend to run into, but I personally have much fewer issues dealing with Infantry Pulse than I do dealing with Alm and Thrasir. You can block Infantry Pulse teams by simply stacking absurd amounts of Def and Res.

Edited by Ice Dragon