Jump to content
eclipse

Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

She is still in the summoning pool. It just happens, I guess. It took me almost a year for my first Cordelia.

Alright, guess I'm just unlucky...

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

She's as common as any other 3-4* unit, but the number of those units is getting so large, each one ends up with smaller and smaller odds over time.

If you're getting a bunch of copies of Lissa, Virion, and Rebecca, could it just be that you've been pulling colorless more than green?

I think it's just that colorless have been giving me those old units with some regularity, but green isn't. Have plenty of Arturs, Cherches, Merrics, Sheenas and Sorens but sadly no Cecilia.

Edited by Lanko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I ended up getting two Thrasirs, one +Atk -Def, one +Spd -Def. I think I'll just pick the +Spd one and listen to you. Hmph.

Or you could run them both on your Anima defense team and make the people who attack you regret their life decisions.

For Thrasir, I'm pretty sure my claim was that the two assets are competitive (which I've verified to my own satisfaction through combat simulation and actual practical experience). I do have a strong preference for +Spd, but I honestly don't think you'd observe a significant difference either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lanko said:

So were some units removed or are harder to acquire anymore?

For example, I wanted to build a Cecilia (the cavalier mage) as one of my favs from FE6 but in almost a year or more I never actually pulled a single one, all the copies I have are the neutral ones given by the game. I actually still open Lyssas, Virions and Rebeccas, but never a Cecilia. I'm wondering...

it took me a year to get Est. i feel your pain and about that much to get the best iv i wanted for my Caaeda. it can be VERY tough).

 

 

47 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

 

@daisy jane Was this you? The team was Altina, Naga, Caeda, Camilla and Peony.

GVPMtd4.jpg

yeah that's me!! i'm so sorry i gave you a loss! 😞 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

yeah that's me!! i'm so sorry i gave you a loss! 😞

Lol no prob, this season was pretty meh for me anyway. I'll probably go rematch later. But I'll send you a friend req after it. :]

5 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Or you could run them both on your Anima defense team and make the people who attack you regret their life decisions.

For Thrasir, I'm pretty sure my claim was that the two assets are competitive (which I've verified to my own satisfaction through combat simulation and actual practical experience). I do have a strong preference for +Spd, but I honestly don't think you'd observe a significant difference either way.

I'm not that terrible. Except I'm going to fodder one of these Thrasirs to Kagero for Panic Smoke and put her on my defense team, and with her Prf's damage reduction it's almost impossible to prevent her Smoke on Enemy Phase, especially if I give her Hardy Bearing to make BIke sad.

I just thought that 39 Spd looked a bit shaky if I wanted to keep using Flashing Blade 4. It's fine with buffs, but I don't think I'd always be able to buff her since she probably won't be in tailored teams often.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Lol no prob, this season was pretty meh for me anyway. I'll probably go rematch later. But I'll send you a friend req after it. :]

 

 

okie dokes!! 🙂 
just let me know who your lead is, so i know it is you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

 

okie dokes!! 🙂 
just let me know who your lead is, so i know it is you.

It's my Brave Celica, +10 with Armorsmasher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm not that terrible. Except I'm going to fodder one of these Thrasirs to Kagero for Panic Smoke and put her on my defense team, and with her Prf's damage reduction it's almost impossible to prevent her Smoke on Enemy Phase, especially if I give her Hardy Bearing to make BIke sad.

I just thought that 39 Spd looked a bit shaky if I wanted to keep using Flashing Blade 4. It's fine with buffs, but I don't think I'd always be able to buff her since she probably won't be in tailored teams often.

Oh, don't worry. I can be that terrible on behalf of both of us, though that Kagero set sounds pretty evil too.

Good point on the Flashing Blade thing. She does effectively get +9 when Ífingr and Killing Intent are active, but then again fast tanks are slowly becoming more of a thing...I think Winter Sothis has 46 Spd at neutral +0 with her weapon effect active?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LordFrigid said:

Oh, don't worry. I can be that terrible on behalf of both of us, though that Kagero set sounds pretty evil too.

Good point on the Flashing Blade thing. She does effectively get +9 when Ífingr and Killing Intent are active, but then again fast tanks are slowly becoming more of a thing...I think Winter Sothis has 46 Spd at neutral +0 with her weapon effect active?

She has NFU too, in case you thought you could kill her in two hits. Or not get hit twice.

Sothis is pretty disgusting like that, yeah. I remember when 39 Spd from +Spd Lucina used to be ridiculously fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

She has NFU too, in case you thought you could kill her in two hits. Or not get hit twice.

Sothis is pretty disgusting like that, yeah. I remember when 39 Spd from +Spd Lucina used to be ridiculously fast.

Sothis is kinda funny since its like both of the incarnation is busted unit but the color shes in made it easier to ease up yourself to handle her

 

I guess that can be said for everyone at this point since the biggest threat are not preparing for them but i mean Rein can handle the OG, and Red have several strong stuff and Tharja who can just blow her up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Sothis is kinda funny since its like both of the incarnation is busted unit but the color shes in made it easier to ease up yourself to handle her

 

I guess that can be said for everyone at this point since the biggest threat are not preparing for them but i mean Rein can handle the OG, and Red have several strong stuff and Tharja who can just blow her up.

I mean, there is busted stuff that can beat her, but at the same time she can straight up make a lot of Reds lose by even trying to fight her without an Armorsmasher or Blade tome etc.

Surtr does the exact same thing with his default set, but Sothis can do it by virtue of just being too fast instead of relying on Wary. And she's also bulky, extended further by her Prf special.

 

@daisy jane I rematched, and oof I lost normally lol. My Astra stuff just straight up sucks; no green to cover blues (I dropped Fae because I kept running into Thrasir, but I guess she would've worked for your map), and my best shot was WCecilia who couldn't kill Est after Bolt Tower. gg. Sent the friend req.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

 

@daisy jane I rematched, and oof I lost normally lol. My Astra stuff just straight up sucks; no green to cover blues (I dropped Fae because I kept running into Thrasir, but I guess she would've worked for your map), and my best shot was WCecilia who couldn't kill Est after Bolt Tower. gg. Sent the friend req.

added! 🙂 

I really have to make some tweaks to my team too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you guys think an infinite supply of sacred coins will be bad for IS? I personally don't think so as sacred coins are plentiful for veterans but too few for new players so the current system makes it hard for new players to pick up the game so I suggest making it grindable is a good thing. Most sacred seals are not worth upgrading so there's no reason why having 100 seals is going to be a pain for other players compared to having 20 seals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Do you guys think an infinite supply of sacred coins will be bad for IS? I personally don't think so as sacred coins are plentiful for veterans but too few for new players so the current system makes it hard for new players to pick up the game so I suggest making it grindable is a good thing. Most sacred seals are not worth upgrading so there's no reason why having 100 seals is going to be a pain for other players compared to having 20 seals. 

I think it would be fine to make them farmable. In fact, I think it would be healthier for the game if they were farmable.

The thing about Sacred Coins is that veteran players are currently at a spot where they have enough Sacred Coins to upgrade all of the important Sacred Seals plus a decent number of niche Seals. Veterans don't actually have much to gain from the resource being made infinite other than just completing all of the Squad Ace, Seal, Threaten, etc. Seals that they probably won't actually use anyways.

On the other hand, newer players are at a severe (I can't bold this word enough) disadvantage compared to veteran players, not only because they won't have as many career total Sacred Coins to spend, but also because they need to spend a portion of those Sacred Coins to make the Sacred Seals that they missed, which actually puts them even more behind. This is effectively taxing newer players for being new and is a horrible system.

 

What I'd do to fix this is to make Sacred Coins farmable as well as give newer players some kind of catch-up mechanic to make it easier to buy missed Sacred Seals.

For farming, I'd like a new "infinite Tempest Trial" mode where you pay a fixed amount of Stamina and simply see how many maps you can clear in a row with only 1 team as enemies slowly increase in difficulty. Rewards would increase based on how many floors you can clear at once with earlier floors rewarding resources less valuable to veteran players (like Sacred Coins) and later floors rewarding resources less valuable to newer players (like Divine Dew and eventually maybe Dragonflowers in a year once the resource is not as new and shiny).

For a catch-up mechanic, it would be nice for events or monthly quests to add coupons for creating Sacred Seals that veterans can trade in for feathers or some other consolation prize if they have no need for them. Maybe like 2 per month or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, they really need to do something newer players. I've been playing since October, so I literally only have 3 seals maxed out. It sucks when I go to use a "F2P No SI" YouTube guide for an abyssal map or something, and it requires a bunch of level 3 seals and I don't even have level 1 of the seal in question. Also sucks that I have to spend grails to get the initial copies of GHB/TT units that everyone else got for free... 😪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Also sucks that I have to spend grails to get the initial copies of GHB/TT units that everyone else got for free... 😪

Yeah, it's a problem in TT cases, but with GHB revivals new player have the chance of getting those 3 copies that old players already got, plus the extra copy in the quests. For the 2017's GHBs, they are available in the GHB rotation, but you are going to miss the 2018's GHBs, and early 2019's GHBs. Normally, once we get all the revivals of that year, IntSys does a new revival of the same heroes during a month, changing the GHB each 2 days, so I believe you will be able to get the 2019's GHB that you are missing without spending grails.

We had TT units revivals in the past (We got, like... 4 TT that Masked Marth was the TT unit), but IntSys stop doing it once we got the Grails Shop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering IS likes to upload the banner trailers on the same night as the final round of Voting Gauntlets tonight seems very likely for the New Heroes banner to go up. I think the next update should be tomorrow as well since they usually do the early month update sooner (but really I just want those 10 free apology orbs and see what Cordelia's new weapon does). Also starting to wonder if we are getting two New Heroes banners this month considered there are google achievements for Chapters 3 and 4 already up. Wouldn't mind them shelving Hot Springs and hopefully we never see it again in favor of more new characters being added to the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, I want more GHB rotations ... 

omg YES PLEASE. Arvis Abyssal!!!! Valter Abyssal!!!

While we are at it please throw in the Book 2 and Book 3 GHbs in there too with Abyssal maps!!!

And a Rotation with Book 1 and Book 2 BHB with Abyssal maps!!!

It would be so delicious *_*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hilda said:

omg YES PLEASE. Arvis Abyssal!!!! Valter Abyssal!!!

While we are at it please throw in the Book 2 and Book 3 GHbs in there too with Abyssal maps!!!

And a Rotation with Book 1 and Book 2 BHB with Abyssal maps!!!

It would be so delicious *_*

Abyssal Valter, oh Lord

I'd be here for it, though~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The mere thought of an Abyssal Shadow Takumi makes me physically ill and so just based on that, I'd be perfectly OK if we never get anymore GHB rotations. The Grail system kinda defeats the point of them anyways that and I've barely bothered with Abyssal maps for about the past year now anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

The mere thought of an Abyssal Shadow Takumi makes me physically ill and so just based on that, I'd be perfectly OK if we never get anymore GHB rotations. The Grail system kinda defeats the point of them anyways that and I've barely bothered with Abyssal maps for about the past year now anyways.

But Abyssals didnt reward the unit, they just rewarded Accessoires and besides noone forces anyone to do Abyssal, but it would be nice for those people that actually like to tackle on Abyssal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Hilda said:

It would be so delicious *_*

Indeed!

I'm not asking for Infernal story maps (think of all the orbs... ), but I think even Infernal TTs are overdue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...