Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

45 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, so, I want to fodder Itsuki because I don't care about these idol/popstar or whatever characters from TMS since that game's concept is not my cup of tea at all (even if the gameplay actually does look good). But I'm not sure he has anything worth foddering a 5 star character for. But I don't want to use him either, since, as I said, I don't like these TMS characters.

Maybe if he was...I think it's Touma? The guy with the Cain mirage. I'd keep him. He actually looked cool to me. But of course, IS hates men in this game and had to throw in all the women and tack on one free male character instead of do proper gender balance on a banner.

But anyway, I'm just not sure what to do with Itsuki and I don't want to just let him clutter up my barracks.

Itsuki is pretty much useless for Skill Inheritance. Atk/Def Link is not particularly valuable and is already found on Mordecai. Drive Def can be found on Nanna without needing to promote her to 5-star rarity and is also a Sacred Seal.

I don't really see why clutter is an issue. Unless you're getting extremely close to your barracks limit to the point where you're having trouble pulling, there's really no harm in leaving a unit in your barracks.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I've got several dragon-slaying units already though, and a lot are red because of being Falchion users. So I don't think Itsuki's going to be much use to me even in that department.

Having more options is never really a bad thing. Redundancy is useful for game modes like Arena Assault and Chain Challenges.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

11 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Most of the male characters released have higher bst.
most of the male characters have more freedom with their kits
most of the male characters are easier to accquire and/or merge (as you need grails vs you know. a butt freaking tonne of luck or money summoning).

but yeup. you're right. sooo unfair.. 

hopefully this year they can start being unfair to some of my favourite units who are girls and make them easier to acquire and customize their builds. 

Higher BST doesn't equal good stat spreads or good skills.

Free means IS doesn't think they'd make them much money on a banner, obviously. And more free units have been male.

Though I can't complain about a favorite character being easy to merge up or build. I love my +10 Freddy.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Itsuki is pretty much useless for Skill Inheritance. Atk/Def Link is not particularly valuable and is already found on Mordecai. Drive Def can be found on Nanna without needing to promote her to 5-star rarity and is also a Sacred Seal.

I don't really see why clutter is an issue. Unless you're getting extremely close to your barracks limit to the point where you're having trouble pulling, there's really no harm in leaving a unit in your barracks.

Having more options is never really a bad thing. Redundancy is useful for game modes like Arena Assault and Chain Challenges.

I've been close to my limit a lot lately. I keep expanding, but I just keep filling it up fast again.

But having more options isn't bad, I guess. Even if I have a lot already.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

But having more options isn't bad, I guess. Even if I have a lot already.

Itsuki should be an arena bonus unit, if you don't have someone else already.

He can be used as partial fodder - have some level of Drive Def and Sol on someone, then have Chrom finish off Aether.  Or use him as Drive Def 2 fodder while Nanna donates her staff/Drive Def 3 to someone who deserves it.  I have uses for Atk/Def Link, too.

---

I haven't had this much fun in Illusory Dungeons in a LONG time, whether it be jamming out to Reincarnation, or the units used in the first three Extra stages (especially Lucius).

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Itsuki should be an arena bonus unit, if you don't have someone else already.

He can be used as partial fodder - have some level of Drive Def and Sol on someone, then have Chrom finish off Aether.  Or use him as Drive Def 2 fodder while Nanna donates her staff/Drive Def 3 to someone who deserves it.  I have uses for Atk/Def Link, too.

---

I haven't had this much fun in Illusory Dungeons in a LONG time, whether it be jamming out to Reincarnation, or the units used in the first three Extra stages (especially Lucius).

He's not a bonus unit though. Not this week anyway. Next week, probably. But I'm not sure who else will be one at that time yet, so we'll see.

And I see, I can think about that.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

He's not a bonus unit though. Not this week anyway. Next week, probably. But I'm not sure who else will be one at that time yet, so we'll see.

Technically right.  😛

I don't know what your roster looks like, but I do know that Itsuki will most likely score higher than the Askr Trio.  Not sure how much you care about arena score, though!

A lot of the time when I play Heroes, I just leave the volume and animations off, but I've been turning them both on sometimes (particularly for the current TT) and it's so much more rewarding. Helps me recognize and care about the units I'm using, rather than them just being "sword infantry number whatever" and the like.

Just now, eclipse said:

Technically right.  😛

I don't know what your roster looks like, but I do know that Itsuki will most likely score higher than the Askr Trio.  Not sure how much you care about arena score, though!

I float between tiers 18-20, and I'm fine with that, so I don't care too much about getting the highest score.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I've been close to my limit a lot lately. I keep expanding, but I just keep filling it up fast again.

I would just keep expanding. There is no need to clear out your Barracks until you are near the 1,100 limit. Having a bigger Barracks also lets you keep more alternative natures as back ups. Like, who knew we needed a +HP copy of Virion until his Weapon Refinery came out? I booked all my +HPs as Manuals before that, and I just regained a +HP copy recently, so it has taken me like 3 months for me to nab one. If I was not capped at the 1,100 limit, I would keep a copy every alternative Asset.

As for Itsuki, I do not think he will be that useful, but keeping at least 1 copy of everything is a good back up plan in my opinion. I have not used guides a lot lately, but I never know when I will need to use one, and if it requires Itsuki, I will be screwed if I do not have him, and it is always nice to have options for modes like Arena Assault.

Edited by XRay

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would just keep expanding. There is no need to clear out your Barracks until you are near the 1,100 limit. Having a bigger Barracks also lets you keep more alternative natures as back ups. Like, who knew we needed a +HP copy of Virion until his Weapon Refinery came out? I booked all my +HPs as Manuals before that, and I just regained a +HP copy recently, so it has taken me like 3 months for me to nab one. If I was not capped at the 1,100 limit, I would keep a copy every alternative Asset.

As for Itsuki, I do not think he will be that useful, but keeping at least 1 copy of everything is a good back up plan in my opinion. I have not used guides a lot lately, but I never know when I will need to use one, and if it requires Itsuki, I will be screwed if I do not have him, and it is always nice to have options for modes like Arena Assault.

Yeah, that's true. I'm just hesitant to use my orbs for expanding much at once because I want to use them to summon. But yeah, I'll definitely keep expanding regardless.

And some guides might use Itsuki, yeah. Probably if the maps have dragons.

I’ve still got 300 spaces in my barracks, because I find it’s more than enough, and it’s easy as long as you’re decisive in your culling.

For me, Itsuki is another sword without anything particularly special, so I booked him. He is two copies of Atk/Def Link 3, and Mordecai only has ADL2 at 4*.

Itsuki+death blow 3+dragon effectiveness = dragons go to die

As much as I'm not into #TMS or idols, I'm having a lot of fun using Itsuki to 1HKO everything. If only I could get extra steady impact fodder!

EDIT: Also, I can see Anacybele's point about Heroes being unfair to male units. BST and freedom with kits are not the full story. After all, if BST was the full story, blue Reinhardt would not be so stupid powerful even now, about three years after launch. And whether having more freedom with skillsets than a character whose base skillset lets them do what they do like ... REALLY well is a very variable opinion.

Male units are also less likely to show up in the game in general. Or we're likely to see the same male units than new ones. Why did we get a Catria alt in the latest SoV banner instead of another dude? They already had Silque who stayed as a 5-star, so we already had our obligatory female unit to carry the banner. (Note, I don't actually mind the Whitewings getting SoV alts, I just don't think we needed Catria to help carry a banner that Silque was already carrying.) Why did we have no men on the #TMS banner? Why is its main character, the only version of that main character in this game, a TT reward? Why didn't we get one of the two guys as a direct 5-star injection? Will we even get Touma and Yashiro now that they've used up the playable women? Why do we get more female characters on seasonal banners than male characters overall? Summer is particularly bad about this. Why did we get a Duo Ephraim (a character who doesn't NEED any more alts) instead of a new character in the latest Sacred Stones banner? Ephraim and Lyon are the only non-seasonal duo alts so far too. Did we really need 'em? Why did we even need duo Hector and duo Marth? Do we even need duo alts in general, a more stupid way to break the game and give male characters who already have a shitton of alts more alts?

The fact that these questions exist and are not easily answered suggests that there may be an issue. Ana's not wrong just because you happen to disagree with her and see things differently.

Edited by Sunwoo

34 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

EDIT: Also, I can see Anacybele's point about Heroes being unfair to male units. BST and freedom with kits are not the full story. After all, if BST was the full story, blue Reinhardt would not be so stupid powerful even now, about three years after launch. And whether having more freedom with skillsets than a character whose base skillset lets them do what they do like ... REALLY well is a very variable opinion.

Male units are also less likely to show up in the game in general. Or we're likely to see the same male units than new ones. Why did we get a Catria alt in the latest SoV banner instead of another dude? They already had Silque who stayed as a 5-star, so we already had our obligatory female unit to carry the banner. (Note, I don't actually mind the Whitewings getting SoV alts, I just don't think we needed Catria to help carry a banner that Silque was already carrying.) Why did we have no men on the #TMS banner? Why is its main character, the only version of that main character in this game, a TT reward? Why didn't we get one of the two guys as a direct 5-star injection? Will we even get Touma and Yashiro now that they've used up the playable women? Why do we get more female characters on seasonal banners than male characters overall? Summer is particularly bad about this. Why did we get a Duo Ephraim (a character who doesn't NEED any more alts) instead of a new character in the latest Sacred Stones banner? Ephraim and Lyon are the only non-seasonal duo alts so far too. Did we really need 'em? Why did we even need duo Hector and duo Marth? Do we even need duo alts in general, a more stupid way to break the game and give male characters who already have a shitton of alts more alts?

The fact that these questions exist and are not easily answered suggests that there may be an issue. Ana's not wrong just because you happen to disagree with her and see things differently.

Yeah, all this is my point exactly. It hurts me and other huge fans of male characters since I tend to like male characters more than female, though that's not simply because they're male. I just feel like more males get better characterization and designs, more or less. But I can still enjoy some females. I love Elincia and Marcia the most, and I also like Jill, Fiora, Palla, Linde, Ingrid, Annette, and Dorothea. But my top favorites are just more often males and when I keep seeing them shafted in favor of females...yeah, it just annoys me.

It's hard being an Ike fangirl most of all when it comes to Heroes, because I have to keep wondering why he doesn't get as many alts as Camilla and Lyn if they're allowed to have so many when all three are extremely popular and money makers. Not that I think Ike needs seven versions, though. I'd be happy with just one more seasonal Ike, especially if it was Summer RD Ike. 😛

Personally, I'm up to 775 barracks spots as of yesterday. I keep a big enough orb stockpile that any given expansion is easy, and lets me keep holding on to a good range of natures as my unique unit count (338 now) keeps going up over time.

I think this has been discussed many times, but the simple reason female units are more often 5 star locked and banner units is cause they make more $$$.  It isn't fair or right.  However considering gacha games are dependent on people spending money to pull more and more, and especially on whales it is highly dependent on their tastes.  Early in the game's cycle (unless my memory fails me) it seems there was a more even distribution between male and female who got demoted, who got good skills, etc.  However as data came in likely the females were selling much much better and thus it has heavily tilted that way.

I really think the simple answer is that devs just really like girls. It wouldn't shock me but I do have to wonder how much of heroes's fanbase/dev team is made up of Otaku cause that's really the main contributor to these sorts of things and Otaku are usually the ones who shill out the most money for their hobby. There's a reason why trash light novels do so well simply because they pander to that market even if the story itself is just trash. Cute anime girls just sell really well and they want to capitalize on that market.

On the topic about alts, I'm going to be completely honest. If I were to choose between a banner with alts of my favorite characters or a banner with new characters I don't care about, I'll choose the former for sure. I don't care if I'm part of a problem, that's simply how I feel about it. If they were to release Bride Micaiah I'm not gonna lie to myself and claim I'd rather have new muscle dude with a axe.

Maybe... I've just accepted the game for what it is. Maybe I just don't care about analyzing every banner that comes out. Maybe I'm too old for this shit. I just turned 37, after all.

Edited by Jave

7 minutes ago, Jave said:

On the topic about alts, I'm going to be completely honest. If I were to choose between a banner with alts of my favorite characters or a banner with new characters I don't care about, I'll choose the former for sure. I don't care if I'm part of a problem, that's simply how I feel about it. If they were to release Bride Micaiah I'm not gonna lie to myself and claim I'd rather have new muscle dude with a axe.

Maybe... I've just accepted the game for what it is. Maybe I just don't care about analyzing every banner that comes out. Maybe I'm too old for this shit. I just turned 37, after all.

I'm interested in seeing how that would look... heheh.

Damn, I already lose too many orbs trying to get Sakura xD

Edited by Troykv

All I have to say about Itsuki is that he will now be the Falchion user I +10 first since I have been undecided on who to +10 since I like them all about the same.  I like Ituski better then the rest simple.  I do get mad that most of my favorite units end up as grail units since they tend to get meh skills to start with and take a lot of investment to shine (looks at Haar and others sadly).  I mean I am happy to have a copy of them for free and I am glad they are in the game at all since IS tends to be really slow on adding the units I really like (glares at last FE 6 banner with no Elffin in sight), but once in a while I would like to see a personal favorite added to the general pool.  I am also a little mad at the TMS banner since there was no Touma and Yashiro since the guys are my favorites from TMS and my main team ends up being those three every playthough, and now the likely hood of those 2 getting in is pretty low so I have to content myself with just Itsuki.

14 hours ago, Jave said:

i'm the same way. 
though i'll even put it a step further. 

I like Lyn - and I don't care that she has a bunch of alts. (I'd ideally like to get Summer Lyn - but that's my flying fetish kicking in).
I Like Camilla and i think it's cool that she has a bunch of alts. 

# of alts means zippo to mean. 
if the alt has skills i can put on my unit - great. 
if the alt is a cool movement type i want. cool
if the new unit is the same (male or female) - awesome. 

and i'll restate it - if "being on the banner and having a jacked kit" means being loved/ or not - being hated - i wish that IS would start "hating" on some of my favourites who are girls so they'd be demoted or in the grail pool. I don't mind if they are neutralish ivs because arena/GC/whatever shows all the time all you need is some tender loving skill inheritance and you can make anyone great. for most of my units anyway, i have to go and hope i get pity broken or i have to go hunt for the skills i want anyway.(Ie: dear someone with Fortress Def/Res PLEASE COME TO ME SOON - and yes i know Kliff is on a banner, but Maribelle could be on the valour one and i need her more than i need Kliff right now but that's my point). 

Saying "I'm fine with getting a bunch of alts of my favorites over new characters I don't give a shit about" is easy to say when all or most or even a good number of your favorite characters are in the game.

It's fine if you feel that way, but failing to understand why some people are not okay with alts or frustrated by their favorites being upstaged by alts of characters that already exist in the shitton does not make one very sympathetic or likable. I don't think most people have an issue with those who are happy with their favorite characters getting alts, even if those characters have too much in general, but that doesn't mean people whose favorites are getting the shaft are wrong for complaining about it either.

8 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Saying "I'm fine with getting a bunch of alts of my favorites over new characters I don't give a shit about" is easy to say when all or most or even a good number of your favorite characters are in the game.

It's fine if you feel that way, but failing to understand why some people are not okay with alts or frustrated by their favorites being upstaged by alts of characters that already exist in the shitton does not make one very sympathetic or likable. I don't think most people have an issue with those who are happy with their favorite characters getting alts, even if those characters have too much in general, but that doesn't mean people whose favorites are getting the shaft are wrong for complaining about it either.

This captures the divide pretty well.  If one has most of their favorites in the game, they are much less likely to care about alts (to those favorites) or even in general.  However if one has only a few of their favorites or even terribly none of their favorites it is likely alts are going to piss them off.  Characters that get multiple alts will seem that much more offensive.

Anyways they've done an infinitely better job last year, so I'm personally happy. 

I can probably name 50 characters off the top of my head that are favorites of mine that aren't in the game yet. Half of them are probably never getting added.

I'm just at the point in life where I can't say I even care about them getting added anymore. Because what's the point? I'd rather make the best of what the game gives me instead of feeling bad about myself every week when a favorite of mine doesn't get into the game.

If you're frustrated with how IntSys is handling the game, by all means complain. Voice your opinion. Make yourself heard. Send feedback. Do what you feel the need to do to let them hear you. I'm just done with that stuff. I used to complain about stuff like this a lot until I noticed it was affecting me more than I thought it was (I'm talking actual health issues, here), which is why I took a passive stance towards this stuff.

And that's my last post on the matter. Anyone interested can talk to me in private, but I've made my position on this matter quite clear, I hope.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

actually, there are a lot of my favourite units not in the game yet. 

heck. there are a tonne of favourites in the game that i don't have yet. (not for the lack of trying either might i add). most of my favourites never even get banners, so for me, it's like it's like they are not in the game either. (because you're gonna have to super hope to be super lucky on a good iv). 

I just don't get super upset about it for the most part because i also know  the game hits different strokes for different people. It doesn't mean i don't understand why people can/are frustrated. I do and I get it but i don't think people are wrong for wanting their favourites to also have alts etc. again. I just take what the game gives me and work with it.but i suppose it's an each their own.

Caineghis is in the voting gauntlet.

Caineghis is not on the voting gauntlet banner.

Everyone else in the gauntlet is either a freebie or currently represented in a banner.

Therefore, Caineghis is going to be on the legendary banner, confirmed. Maybe.

24 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Caineghis is in the voting gauntlet.

Caineghis is not on the voting gauntlet banner.

Everyone else in the gauntlet is either a freebie or currently represented in a banner.

Therefore, Caineghis is going to be on the legendary banner, confirmed. Maybe.

That does seem pretty likely. We haven't gotten repeat legendary banner appearances from any New Heroes units that recent so far, but he seems like a good candidate for it, especially since he's colorless - those have been the most common. And colorless is lacking in both New Heroes and seasonals from around the same time as the other colors from the current legendary timeframe, so it'd be a good time for it.

Edited by Othin