Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, XRay said:

His Atk is still really low for Vantage though. Reaching 79 Atk at max investment with Summoner Support, bonus stats, and full Tactics is too low for reliability in my opinion, especially with how bulky units can get lately. Tharja and Tailtiu can reach 87 Atk will full Tactics at +0+0 with no Summoner Support, and Nino is slightly higher at 88.

I'm aware he might not be the best, but he is definitely the best budget one. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

33 minutes ago, Nym said:

I'm aware he might not be the best, but he is definitely the best budget one. 

Blade mages are just as cheap though.

Maybe they're just waiting for a moment where using the Askr isn't an inherited advantage, which I imagine it'll still take a wild, also, I think merges for Alfonse and Sharena should be locked behind story mode acomplishments or something like that.

At this point in the game the Askr trio deserves a definitive upgrade. We could go the merge route with manuals but I think on top of that we could do something a little special for the trio themselves. We could do manuals plus a story mode upgrade but only if you've cleared a certain chapter in Book V (yes, next book) and all story chapters beforehand. So newer players have access to it, but it'll take a long time.

As for the upgrades, the manuals would allow for you to eventually +10 them all so that's 4 stats, then the story upgrade would give them new skills and prfs along with +2 for all stats and new art ala resplendent making for +6 to all stats which I think isn't bad at all. With that their statlines would be a lot more respectable, though still a bit dated. It's like them promoting.

Along with that we'd get a new toys and upgrades for each one. As usual I'll spitball out of my own head. 

• Alfonse: 49/41/31/38/28
  • Weapon: Folkvangr (Awakened): Grants weapon-triangle advantage against colorless foes, and inflicts weapon-triangle disadvantage on colorless foes during combat.
    At start of combat, if unit's HP ≤ 80%, grants ATK/DEF +7 during combat. If unit's HP > 50% at start of combat unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack and foe cannot make a follow-up attack.
  • Special: Open The Future (3 Cooldown): Boosts damage by 50% of unit's Def. Restores HP = 25% of damage dealt.
  • Prf B Skill: Gustav's BlessingGives Atk+20% if weapon-triangle advantage, If affinity disadvantage exists, weapon triangle affinity granted by foe's color and skills is reversed. 

• Sharena: 49/38/38/35/28
  • Weapon: Fensalir (Awakened)Neutralizes foe's bonuses during combat (fortify, rally, etc), if unit is within 2 spaces of an ally, grants ATK/SPD/DEF/RES +4 during combat and Special cooldown charge +1 per attack.
  • Assist: Accel: Grants +4 to ATK/SPD/DEF/RES  to target ally for 1 turn, grants Special cooldown charge +1 to target ally.
  • Prf C Skill: Rejuvinate: At start of turn, if unit is adjacent to an ally, removes all penalties and negative status effects for unit and adjacent allies. Grants effective damage to unit and adjacent allies against foes of the same movement type. (IE, Armors get armor effective damage).

• Anna: 47/35/44/28/34
  • Weapon: Noatun (Awakened): Accelerates Special Trigger (Cooldown count -1), If unit's HP ≤ 50%, unit can move to a space adjacent to any ally. If unit's HP ≥ 50%, unit can move to a space adjacent to any ally within 2 spaces. Calculate's damage using the lower of foe's DEF or RES.
  • Special: 2nd Act (4 Cooldown): If unit initiates combat, grants another action to unit after combat. (Once per turn.) When Special triggers, inflicts "restricts movement to 1 space" on unit and Pair Up cohort through their next action. If special is ready at start of combat, grant's Special cooldown charge +1 per attack.
  • Prf A Skill: Commander's Charge: If unit initiates combat, grants Atk+6, Def+10 during combat and foe cannot make a follow-up attack.and inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 on foe per attack. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)

I pretty much busted the trio wide open. If you TL:DR then they all get +6 to all stats and a short paragraph for each.

Alfonse gets an onmi-breaker if he's above half health, the raven tome effect on his sword along with triangle adept so 40% ATK against greens and colorless and Cancel Affinity 4 against blues. Giving him +40% ATK against greens and greys and a neutral matchup against reds and blues. He's an omni-tank at this point. He still gets oneshot by strong mages though. He also gets Open the Future because duh.

Sharena gets an a spectrum rally along with the first assist that gives +1 to cooldown. She also neutralizes all buffs and gets +4 to all stats and  gets a breath effect if she's near an ally. She also neutralizes all negative effects and stat debuffs and grants effective damage to herself and allies against units of the same movement type.

Anna gets adaptive damage (which she always needed) and a killer effect on top of her warping and gets Sturdy Impact with a Guard effect tacked on for good measure. She gets Leif's prf galeforce at 4 CD instead of 3, but with the added effect of +1 cooldown if she starts combat with the special already ready.

I don't think even all these things make any of them best-in-class but it certainly makes them forces of nature. I'd see it as Book V going back to Embla, Veronica returning as the villain and the Trio all promoting for one final assault to close the story (at least the Embla era of it). This would be a free upgrade but you would need Dew for their weapons and you'd have to have completed every chapter of every book up to the current one.

Edited by Zeo

Noticed I have been fighting almost nothing but armor units in Arena Assault lately. I really should invest in giving some of my units armor effective weapons. Started by giving Cormag and Heath Slaying Spears since that seems to be the best niche those two can fill and I would like to use them for something. I'm thinking of giving Armorsmasher to Xander and Helpful Chrom since they are not getting much use out of Siegfried and Sealed Falchion these days and they have the defense to tank a hit from most armor units. Might also give Marisa Armorsmasher as well and once I do they will probably give her Shamshir or something as her prf weapon. I'm also considering putting Pain+ on more staff units like Lachesis, Ethlyn and Sakura but that's a lot of feathers to use and unlike my orbs it doesn't take long for me to use my feather on something.

2 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

I'm also considering putting Pain+ on more staff units like Lachesis, Ethlyn and Sakura but that's a lot of feathers to use and unlike my orbs it doesn't take long for me to use my feather on something.

Depending on how you play, it might be more useful to use Gravity+ instead of Pain+. You won't do as much damage, but it nullifies Armor March and Solitary Dream's movement bonus, which makes it much easier to deal with positioning.

Also, if you're not already using them, you can set up Oboro, Bartre, and Frederick with their exclusive weapons (even without refine is okay) with simple Death Blow + Weaponbreaker builds.

So, in regards to FEH pass, I think there are some alternative benefits they can implement, in exchange for giving the Summoner Support, stats, auto chain, and rewind to everyone.

Freely reassign assets for +10 Heroes

Though honestly, this should probably be free for everyone.

Add feathers, dragonflowers, and sacred coins to FEH Pass Quests.

Add stamina potions to FEH pass quests.

Important because auto chain encourages burning a lot more stamina pots.

Biweekly FEH Pass Banner

The resplendent hero on rotation appears in a new FEH pass exclusive banner, alongside other existing heroes from the same game. As with any other banner, the first spin is free. Hell, they could even add summon tickets to the FEH pass quests if they're feeling generous.

In the event that the resplendent hero is a GHB or TT unit, it can just be heroes from the same game without that unit. As locking assets for GHB heroes behind FEH pass would be rather dirty.

Edited by Etheus

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Depending on how you play, it might be more useful to use Gravity+ instead of Pain+. You won't do as much damage, but it nullifies Armor March and Solitary Dream's movement bonus, which makes it much easier to deal with positioning.

Also, if you're not already using them, you can set up Oboro, Bartre, and Frederick with their exclusive weapons (even without refine is okay) with simple Death Blow + Weaponbreaker builds.

Yeah, Gravity is useful but I was thinking Pain + Savage Blow would be helpful in whittling down HP of the more tankier units you come across in Arena Assault.

Oh yeah, I suppose Oboro, Bartre and Frederick do come with armorslaying prfs. But I don't know, I prefer to use units I actually like if possible even if I have to use up more resources to accomplish it.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

That is a good one. I agree that freely assigning assets on +10 Heroes should be for everyone, but they can let Feh Pass members assign any Assets that their non+10 unit has eaten. They can also allow Feh Pass users to keep and switch Flaws (-HP, -Atk, and -Spd are the most useful), and turn Resplendent stats on or off.

I like that asset switching idea. Especially if it means we can switch more than once on the same unit. That would make me more inclined than I already am to build a second skillset on my Frederick that uses his prf and unique refine. It's still a meh weapon overall unfortunately, but it can be useful in certain situations since it would blow up any armor to pieces.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I like that asset switching idea. Especially if it means we can switch more than once on the same unit. That would make me more inclined than I already am to build a second skillset on my Frederick that uses his prf and unique refine. It's still a meh weapon overall unfortunately, but it can be useful in certain situations since it would blow up any armor to pieces.

Yep, it's great for any situation in which x asset is meta, then a change makes y asset better.

For example, right now, I have a +10 Spd Brave Ike with Close Combat. If a defense version of Close Combat or Repel comes out, suddenly my Brave Ike becomes obsolete and needs to be updated.

3 hours ago, Etheus said:

So, in regards to FEH pass, I think there are some alternative benefits they can implement, in exchange for giving the Summoner Support, stats, auto chain, and rewind to everyone.

Add feathers, dragonflowers, and sacred coins to FEH Pass Quests.

Add stamina potions to FEH pass quests.

Important because auto chain encourages burning a lot more stamina pots.

Biweekly FEH Pass Banner

The resplendent hero on rotation appears in a new FEH pass exclusive banner, alongside other existing heroes from the same game. As with any other banner, the first spin is free. Hell, they could even add summon tickets to the FEH pass quests if they're feeling generous.

In the event that the resplendent hero is a GHB or TT unit, it can just be heroes from the same game without that unit. As locking assets for GHB heroes behind FEH pass would be rather dirty.

Those sound good to me, they're all things I'd be a lot less bothered by missing out on than the current features while still sounding like they'd keep the pass a good deal for people who want to spend money on the game.

It'd be nice if they could implement "switch to any asset of a unit that's been used for a previous merge", but it might not be feasible if they haven't already been tracking that information from merges. (They could make it only work on merges from implementation onward, but that could lead to a lot of frustration from people who already have +10s.) So I think making it specifically "+10s can switch to any asset available to the unit" (so GHB/TT units still can't get assets) would be best.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

Yep, it's great for any situation in which x asset is meta, then a change makes y asset better.

For example, right now, I have a +10 Spd Brave Ike with Close Combat. If a defense version of Close Combat or Repel comes out, suddenly my Brave Ike becomes obsolete and needs to be updated.

Yeah, precisely.

I don't remember a Close Combat skill existing. I must've never pulled a unit that has it or I just forgot entirely that it exists. But it's funny you should give that skill to Ike, since in Smash Wii U/3DS, one of his possible custom moves is called Close Combat. XD

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, precisely.

I don't remember a Close Combat skill existing. I must've never pulled a unit that has it or I just forgot entirely that it exists. But it's funny you should give that skill to Ike, since in Smash Wii U/3DS, one of his possible custom moves is called Close Combat. XD

The skill is called Close Call.  The other one of it's kind is called Repel.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

It'd be nice if they could implement "switch to any asset of a unit that's been used for a previous merge", but it might not be feasible if they haven't already been tracking that information from merges. (They could make it only work on merges from implementation onward, but that could lead to a lot of frustration from people who already have +10s.) So I think making it specifically "+10s can switch to any asset available to the unit" (so GHB/TT units still can't get assets) would be best.

They can just grandfather in all units with merge+5 or higher to have all Assets available.

And they can also grandfather in any units with merges between +1 and +4 to have certain Assets based on their stat line. So a Chrom +2 can choose between its current Asset, +HP, and +Atk, since those two Assets are the highest at level 1. Chrom +4 will have all Assets except for neutral.

And for units with +10 merges, they should be given a perk to have any Asset the player wants, regardless of what Assets they have or have not eaten previously. The player already spent several hundred dollars already, might as well throw them a bone.

Edited by XRay

Yeah, letting people switch the Asset of their merged characters would be a very nice feature. But, unfortunately, I feel like they'd deem that too generous or something, I don't see them allowing it any time soon.

As for characters...yeah, Lyn was the one that made me want it, she was that character for me. So...she's merged more now than she was before! XD

Well I now have Ferdinand at 5* +5 with + atk boon and I have given him the skill set: Shell lance +spd refine, sturdy blow 2, dull close 3, rouse spd/def 3 and the Swift sparrow 2 sacred seal.  This is a fun build and I am quite happy with it.

I pulled Ferdinand four times when I was trying to get Shanna or L'Arachel.  Second biggest waste of orbs ever, after spending 280 orbs on trying to get B! Lucina but not getting any five stars.I should have saved for more close/distant counter fodder.

32 minutes ago, Benice said:

I pulled Ferdinand four times when I was trying to get Shanna or L'Arachel.  Second biggest waste of orbs ever, after spending 280 orbs on trying to get B! Lucina but not getting any five stars.I should have saved for more close/distant counter fodder.

Sorry you ended up with someone you didn't want:(  I personally really like Ferdinand, but I know there are plenty of people who don't and who don't want him.  To each their own, hopefully your pulls go better the next time you do several summons.  I just felt like sharing my build.

Edited by EricaofRenais

I guess to continue the topic of Freddy from one of my previous posts:

aaTaSWH.jpg

FREDDY BEARS! 😍

It's so much fun having actual teddy bear accessories at last. :3 And I am always gonna love this man!

Edited by Anacybele

12 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Sorry you ended up with someone you didn't want:(  I personally really like Ferdinand, but I know there are plenty of people who don't and who don't want him.  To each their own, hopefully your pulls go better the next time you do several summons.  I just felt like sharing my build.

Sorry, I didn't mean to critisize anyone; I just needed to either pull Lysithea as a 5 star or L'Arachel and Shanna as 4 stars; I kept pulling 5 star Ferdie instead, though, I do like Ferdinand as a character , but I'm not in need of a lance calvary right now. Sorry.

...Where are the bunny silhouettes? The banner comes in four days, meaning the trailer would appear tomorrow and the silhouettes tonight. This was typically what happened with seasonal units/special heroes.

They usually don't show anything on Saturday nights. Tomorrow is more likely for the silhouettes to show up and the trailer can be Monday night.

Edited by NSSKG151

4 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

They usually don't show anything on Saturday nights. Tomorrow is more likely for the silhouettes to show up and the trailer can be Monday night.

Are you sure? I don't really remember this being the case. But then again, I don't remember it not being the case either, so I suppose I just never noticed.