Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

9 hours ago, Xenomata said:

...oooh. OOOOH. Idea... made...

Fluid Dream (Assist)
If used on ally who has yet to act, restores HP equal to 50% of units Atk +10. If used on ally who has already acted, grants another action to target ally and restores HP equal to 30% of units Atk +5. (Cannot target an ally who has already acted and with Sing or Dance.) Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res +3 to targeted ally.

It's really not the most creative thing I've come up with, but it does put the two skills into the same skill.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

I am just going to make a slight adjustment to make her more overpowered usable with Player Phase units.

Hmm, yeah, this could work, provided IS are able to implement such a thing.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

The text still there says, verbatim, "Fire Emblem Echoes: Blazing Blade" which would be a strange place to start the next remake.

Would it really be all that strange though? Blazing Sword is an iconic game, one of the most important games in the franchise as the first localized title, and it's a prequel to Binding Blade if their goal is to remake those games in linear story order.

6 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Would it really be all that strange though? Blazing Sword is an iconic game, one of the most important games in the franchise as the first localized title, and it's a prequel to Binding Blade if their goal is to remake those games in linear story order.

Well, not strange as such perhaps, but it'd represent a change in direction after remaking FE2 which I understand had a minimal following. If Nintendo ended up dissatisfied with SoV's performance from a financial standpoint then I suppose going for the lowest hanging fruit next is not improbable.

Just now, Humanoid said:

Well, not strange as such perhaps, but it'd represent a change in direction after remaking FE2 which I understand had a minimal following. If Nintendo ended up dissatisfied with SoV's performance from a financial standpoint then I suppose going for the lowest hanging fruit next is not improbable.

I'd also note that Blazing Sword represents fertile ground for a remake. It has a simplistic story that they could flesh out with the Echoes treatment. It has branching paths, which are all the rage with IS right now. It is loaded with popular characters. And it could really benefit from modern QoL updates.

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

I'd also note that Blazing Sword represents fertile ground for a remake. It has a simplistic story that they could flesh out with the Echoes treatment. It has branching paths, which are all the rage with IS right now. It is loaded with popular characters. And it could really benefit from modern QoL updates.

that and they could expand on it with Binding Blade and a child system! Basicly putting 2 games into 1.

Just now, Hilda said:

that and they could expand on it with Binding Blade and a child system! Basicly putting 2 games into 1.

If they do that, the only way I see that making business sense is if they still separate the game into two titles, but give you a save data transfer like what PoR/RD did. Which would actually be pretty cool. I wouldn't want to have to play both campaigns back to back, and I certainly wouldn't want inheritance to be a mandatory mechanic, but having it as a cross-game option would be interesting.

From a selfish perspective, I'd be a little disappointed if they skipped over games I haven't played in favour of remaking one that I have, though it's true that I'll probably end up playing it anyway.

That said, if I had my time again I probably wouldn't spend it on SoV which was just an exercise in frustration.

Edited by Humanoid

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

If they do that, the only way I see that making business sense is if they still separate the game into two titles, but give you a save data transfer like what PoR/RD did. Which would actually be pretty cool. I wouldn't want to have to play both campaigns back to back, and I certainly wouldn't want inheritance to be a mandatory mechanic, but having it as a cross-game option would be interesting.

think of it like a new game+ you can use if you want, but dont have to. The 2 campagins would still be seperated. But you have the possiblity to do first 1 and thus have unique combined skill inheritance/child appearance (as in aestheatics) or you can just start it without a finished save file from the previous campagin.

2 minutes ago, Hilda said:

think of it like a new game+ you can use if you want, but dont have to. The 2 campagins would still be seperated. But you have the possiblity to do first 1 and thus have unique combined skill inheritance/child appearance (as in aestheatics) or you can just start it without a finished save file from the previous campagin.

My other question is, does this mean adding in new characters for Binding Blade? Certainly, it has some children of BS characters (Roy, Lilina, Wolt, Fir, Clarine, and Klein are the ones I can think of), but hardly a full second generation, and two of those have 100% canon parents (Pent and Louise).

Edited by Etheus

55 minutes ago, Etheus said:

My other question is, does this mean adding in new characters for Binding Blade? Certainly, it has some children of BS characters (Roy, Lilina, Wolt, Fir, Clarine, and Klein are the ones I can think of), but hardly a full second generation, and two of those have 100% canon parents (Pent and Louise).

That guy that I always just kill instead of paying him to sit on the bench Hugh is Canas’s son. You also have Igrene (Hawkeye’s daughter) and Sue (Rath’s daughter).

Edit: And Nino’s twins as well (Lugh and Raigh).

Edited by Tybrosion

I hope they focus on games that haven't been released outside of Japan before getting to the ones that have. Particularly FE4 and FE5, but also FE6 and even FE3 again. Given the criticisms of Shadow Dragon, they could do an FE1+3 remake (in one game, like original FE3) with a new approach.

Jugdral should still really come first as it's the only continent now that is literally in no western release. So FE4 and 5 should be top priority.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Jugdral should still really come first as it's the only continent now that is literally in no western release. So FE4 and 5 should be top priority.

Yeah, I certainly hope so. 

26 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm at the point where any remake would make me happy. Even New Mystery with the full Echoes treatment.

I certainly would like to see FE4, because Lewyn and Sigurd are among my franchise favorites. And my +10 Julia and Sigurd speak for themselves.

I would really like an Echoes version of Mystery of the Emblem since it is one of my favorite FE games and it nor New Mystery ever got an official western release. Plus their characters could always benefit from having new life breathed into them like the Valentian characters got. Really all they need to do is cut out almost half the roster (since a lot of characters were forgettable) and focus on the important and/or iconic characters to flesh out since SOV and Three Houses seems to have benefited from having a smaller cast of characters to work with. Plus to be perfectly honest I don't really care about Jugdral and Elibe.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Please, also remakes so far come in the order they released originally if you think about it. First were the Marth games for the DS and then Echoes. So with that logic should be Jugdral next. 

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

This what I think as well.  my favorite character in the series maybe Elphin, but I want an FE 4 and 5 remake before 6 and I will be very peeved if 7 gets remade first.  Not to mention FEH has made FE 4 and 5 characters more known then before and I think that Jugdral would end up selling fairly well if they promoted it in FEH.

I could see Elibe getting remade before Jugdral due to the games being "simpler".

However, FE6 should definitely come before FE7.

2 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

I want an FE 4 and 5 remake before 6 and I will be very peeved if 7 gets remade first.

Man, I totally agree. I will be mad if Elibe is remade first too. Though for me, it's because I find that saga boring.

Considering 7 was the first FE to come out in the states and a lot of people's introduction to FE as a whole, it would make perfect sense for them to remake that next.

I think they should take liberties though. Instead of 6 and 7 individually they should just merge the games into generations ala' awakening. Would be nice to get a canonical stamp on some things like certain characters' children, their fate from 7 to 6, ETC.

"Fire Emblem: The Elibian Saga" would be pretty nice. Stuff like Hector marrying Florina and Lillina getting an actual SPD stat would be really nice. That and Roy... you know... 

Spoiler

promoting before the final chapter.

In other news... my orbs are in serious trouble... between the picnic banner I'm still stockpiling tickets for, the weekly revival banner coming up and the fallen heroes banner dropping tomorrow I have a total of 21 free summons coming up. That also means 21 chances of spending orbs on additional colors. I'm frankly terrified for my orbs given my new budget. I have the restraint that I won't be doing any pulling until the 10th (when we get the 15th ticket) but after that all bets are off. I have no idea what's going to happen on that day.

I'm also extremely jealous of my nephew who pulled his 10th Ross yesterday whereas I've been stuck on 6 for the past month. My nephew could +9 Ross if he wanted to. I like that I'm only interested in green on the picnic banner though, that's 15 chances to pull a Ross even if I get *3's.

I can understand truly why FE4-FE5 wouldn't be next. it's very similar to 3H in theme/nature . I'd LOVE those games, but i can see why they'd be skipped. 

i would expect it to be Roy/Eliwood's game, or the Tellius games to get the next remake. 

Skipped or not, Jugdral shouldn't just be ignored completely. They should be remade at some point at all so western fans can actually play and enjoy them without emulation and roms and shit.

Couldn't Lilina get some Spd from Lyn as her mom too? Lyn's supposed to be fast. I prefer Hector x Lyn anyway and feel they are the most "canon" pair for those two.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Skipped or not, Jugdral shouldn't just be ignored completely. They should be remade at some point at all so western fans can actually play and enjoy them without emulation and roms and shit.

Couldn't Lilina get some Spd from Lyn as her mom too? Lyn's supposed to be fast. I prefer Hector x Lyn anyway and feel they are the most "canon" pair for those two.

well I didn't say it shouldn't be remade. all I am saying is - I wouldn't expect them to remake it now, thematically it's too similar to 3H, so breathing room is needed

7 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Even though I never played Genealogy and wanting a remake someday, I kinda want a Binding Blade remake more.

Combining Binding with Blazing would be perfect.

i saw some YT videos saying why this isn't a good idea.

but really, Roy/Eliwood game would be really awesome. i keep hearing great things about it.