Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

We didn't get bride/groom silhouettes. I could've sworn they'd show tonight because the banner comes on the 20th, meaning the trailer would be tomorrow night just three days before.

The Tempest Trial announcement and banner goes up on the 19th, so I'm pretty sure the silhouettes have to go up tomorrow if they're still doing those. Regardless of that, the trailer itself has to go up before the 19th (so probably Monday night at the latest).

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

The Tempest Trial announcement and banner goes up on the 19th, so I'm pretty sure the silhouettes have to go up tomorrow if they're still doing those. Regardless of that, the trailer itself has to go up before the 19th (so probably Monday night at the latest).

I see, yeah. You're right, then. We got silhouettes for the previous bunny and Valentine banners though, so I can't imagine that we won't get any for the next bride/groom set. The only reason we didn't get them for the anniversary banner is because half of them got revealed already. It would've been kinda redundant.

Edited by Anacybele

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

We didn't get bride/groom silhouettes. I could've sworn they'd show tonight because the banner comes on the 20th, meaning the trailer would be tomorrow night just three days before.

Today is Sunday in Japan, so no updates today. Tomorrow for sure if they still continue the silhouettes. 

Just now, SockPuppet said:

Today is Sunday in Japan, so no updates today. Tomorrow for sure if they still continue the silhouettes. 

Oh yeah, that's true. I always forget that Japan is technically a day ahead.

12 hours ago, Anacybele said:

We could get the silhouettes on May 18th, the trailer on May 19th, and the banner that is already scheduled to May 20th.

For example... The Spring Banner of this year (Familial Festivities):  the silhouettes were in March 16th, the trailer was in March 17th, and the banner started on March 18th.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

22 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

We could get the silhouettes on May 18th, the trailer on May 19th, and the banner that is already scheduled to May 20th.

For example... The Spring Banner of this year (Familial Festivities):  the silhouettes were in March 16th, the trailer was in March 17th, and the banner started on March 18th.

But as pointed out, the TT banner starts on the 19th. So the entire bride/groom banner has to be revealed before that. Or else we're learning what the bride/groom banner is before we get a trailer.

Edited by Anacybele

50 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But as pointed out, the TT banner starts on the 19th. So the entire bride/groom banner has to be revealed before that. Or else we're learning what the bride/groom banner is before we get a trailer.

The trailer happens normally 4-5 hours before the reset, that is when we get the info about the TT and it's banner.

With that said, the silhouettes can happen tomorrow without problems, with the reset of May 18th.

The trailer can be hours before the reset of May 19th. This already happened before.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

11 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The trailer happens normally 4-5 hours before the reset, that is when we get the info about the TT and it's banner.

With that said, the silhouettes can happen tomorrow without problems, with the reset of May 18th.

The trailer can be hours before the reset of May 19th. This already happened before.

Hours before the reset of May 19th means the trailer goes up on May 18th and the silhouettes go up tonight.

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

Hours before the reset of May 19th means the trailer goes up on May 18th and the silhouettes go up tonight.

Yeah. We could get the silhouettes tomorrow, May 18th, with the reset, and the trailer hours before the reset of May 19th.

This wouldn't be a surprise, since it already happened before, in previous years.

Of course they could just skip the silhouettes and release the trailer tonight.

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah. We could get the silhouettes tomorrow, May 18th, with the reset, and the trailer hours before the reset of May 19th.

This wouldn't be a surprise, since it already happened before, in previous years.

Of course they could just skip the silhouettes and release the trailer tonight.

No. Silhouettes don't come at the reset, they come 4 hours before the reset, like trailers. Getting the silhouettes tonight means getting them May 17.

37 minutes ago, Othin said:

I think you're getting confused what he meant. Timezones are a thing, and for me for example, 4 hours before the reset is 5am, while in the United States it's in the evening of the previous day.

1 hour ago, Michelaar said:

I think you're getting confused what he meant. Timezones are a thing, and for me for example, 4 hours before the reset is 5am, while in the United States it's in the evening of the previous day.

Fair enough. What it boils down to is, the trailer can't be later than tomorrow night, so if we get silhouettes they have to be tonight.

omg i finally finished all Chain Challenges, Chain Assault etc. that i haven touched since mid Book II on all Difficultys. That was a hefty amount of Feathers and Orbs!

Good on ya 😄

Great news:  Noticed that I had enough resources to merge Eliwood to +10, so went ahead and did it!

Not-so-great news: I failed to notice that the Resplendent copy of any given Hero is neutral, so THAT Eliwood I do have (the rest have been turned into manuals) is more vanilla than the bean. Thankfully, he appears frequently, and I'll be able to get a +Atk or +Spd as long as I pull red orbs.

Edited by Karimlan

...hey wait a... aren't we short a new Picnic banner? Did the Legacy banner take that slot up?

Huh... I completely forgot the picnic banner was a thing, even during the rerun... how bout that.

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

...hey wait a... aren't we short a new Picnic banner? Did the Legacy banner take that slot up?

Huh... I completely forgot the picnic banner was a thing, even during the rerun... how bout that.

Yeah, both of the seasonal banners that were newly added in 2019 did not return this year. Picnic was replaced by the anniversary banner, Hot Springs by TMS.

I won't miss Hot springs. Not fan of that concept (in this game or any forms of media, especially anime).

Picnic was okay, but I don't think they could repeat that theme yearly before it gets old really quickly.

Hot Spring didn't leave that much of an impact on me. The units themselves were overall eh, even at the time. Hinoka was probably the best only because she had such a good dragon-killing weapon, but I don't think she was that remarkable as a flying Green dagger otherwise. And if I completely forgot it existed... yeah.
Picnic was neater. Yeah probably not a theme they could reuse every year, but there was still something kinda charming about units who were in more comfortable clothing without literally wearing nothing. Plus the units still have niches even a year later.

...if they were to use the January and May special banner months for wildcard seasonal banners (or wildcard New Hero banners (Next year FE Warriors?)), I'd be down for some sort of dreamy banner, like everyone is in pajamas and there's starry nights and pillows and blankets and everyone's sleepy and such.

Edited by Xenomata

Ignoring the character lineup for hot springs, I still think it's a pretty weak banner overall because ... I mean, if you want scantily clad heroes about to take a dip in some water, we have TWO SUMMER BANNERS every year as it is. The swimsuits also get pretty nice and varied designs as well. Meanwhile, in hot springs, every girl was wearing a towel. Sure, it wasn't identical, but it's still a fucking towel and not much variability to it. Ryoma's outfit was different, sure, but make a few modifications to it and it could still pass as a swimsuit. He was also the only dude on it. I'd only accept hot springs as a recurring banner if we got rid of one of the summer banners because in the end, it's basically summer but with worse outfits.

As for the picnic banner, I don't think it's impressive enough to get continuously rerun, it feels like an extension of spring or something, but the actual long-running spring banner is just bunnies. If Heroes wanted to alternate between a bunny banner and a picnic banner for spring on different years, I could accept picnic as another type of spring banner. But with both picnic and bunnies ... it just doesn't do anything for me. Picnic isn't a season, and we get armor spam on Christmas and Halloween.

Wedding banners don't represent a holiday either, sure, but apparently they're such a mainstay in gachas generally I don't even try to understand it. The dancer banners at least add in new dancers and have a different dance-related theme at least.

That was a pleasant experience. This banner came out swinging with a big F you to me. No greens in the first full summon while the second one resulted in a Beruka who I already have an abundant of copies already and a 3* +Spd Gunter. I think the best thing I got out of two full summons was a 4* Bantu (+Res, -Spd). Everyone else was either a 3* or had not that great asset and bane combinations or I already had a previous copy with the same asset. Boy, I sure would love to have a +HP Setsuna.

I don't even think I'm going to try again for bride Nailah with how those two summons went and seeing bride Oboro's stats makes me not want her as much. If only she were more like Itsuki and Lif instead of CYL Alm and Shannan. In other words, if she actually had resistance like her regular self.

Something I've been wondering about is Gurgurant since it was introduced with Ashnard in his second battle form. If they were to introduce Ashnard in his first battle form, his regular not as mad self, what would they do with Gurgurant? Gurgurant is the first weapon to be introduced to a fallen, "alternate" version of a character before their regular self, right? Camus had Gradivus first before Hardin, Beloved Zofia is Celica's, but regular Celica was decided to be a mage and witch Celica I guess became sword Celica before CYL Celica became a thing, and the other weapons belong to the character or entity possessing the character, used at the time when they were fallen, or were made up.

Edited by Kaden

Oh boy, Micaiah and Sothe’ Duo skill seems to grant True Damage. That’s even stronger than Broadleaf fan, since it disregards defense entirely. Cc vantage just got a massive upgrade.

Looks like the suspend feature for Arena Assault is broken and isn't distributing points like it's supposed to. At least we are getting compensation orbs out of it. I will happily take more free orbs.