Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

The June's 5* limited manuals have a unit from the first summer banner of 2017 and a unit from the first summer banner of 2018. This makes me believe that in July we may get one unit from the second summer banner or 2017 and a unit from the second summer banner of 2018.

I am hoping for Summer Elise, because I don't have G Tome Valor, and Summer Takumi, because I would like to have an extra Fishie Bow.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

23 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The June's 5* limited manuals have a unit from the first summer banner of 2017 and a unit from the first summer banner of 2018. This makes me believe that in July we may get one unit from the second summer banner or 2017 and a unit from the second summer banner of 2018.

I am hoping for Summer Elise, because I don't have G Tome Valor, and Summer Takumi, because I would like to have an extra Fishie Bow.

Ooh, I would love a Takumi merge!!

Although it’s interesting that we might end up “breaking” the “pattern” of game order next month. From Binding Blade, to Blazing Blade, to Sacred Stones... next month should be Path of Radiance, but there’s like no summer units from that game aside from dancing Elincia and Micaiah technically, which FEH classifies as RD units at that lol

6 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

Although it’s interesting that we might end up “breaking” the “pattern” of game order next month. From Binding Blade, to Blazing Blade, to Sacred Stones... next month should be Path of Radiance, but there’s like no summer units from that game aside from dancing Elincia and Micaiah technically, which FEH classifies as RD units at that lol

Is there a pattern with the 5* limited combat manuals based on games? The only pattern I know is with Banners released on that month.

• In March we got Spring Camilla, who was released in March 2017, and Spring Kagero, who was released in March 2018.
  • In April we got Alm, who was released in a New Heroes banner on April 2017, and Green Olwen, who was released in a New Heroes banner on April 2018.
  • In May we got Bride Cordelia, released in May 2017, and Bride Ninian, released in May 2018.
  • Now in June, we are getting Summer Robin, released on June 2017, and Summer Innes, that was released on June 2018.

With the next batch, I genuinely do not have any use for either of the 5 star manuals. Seasonals with no worthwhile fodder. So I'll probably just stock up on the 4 stars.

That actually gives me the last Ares I need. Does anyone think he'll get a Resplendent version in the forseeable future, or should I just finish that merge now.

2 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

That actually gives me the last Ares I need. Does anyone think he'll get a Resplendent version in the forseeable future, or should I just finish that merge now.

You should finish to merge him. We are only getting Book 1 Resplendents for now, and may take a while for Book 2 Resplendents to appear.

18 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

With the next batch, I genuinely do not have any use for either of the 5 star manuals. Seasonals with no worthwhile fodder. So I'll probably just stock up on the 4 stars.

Unless you already have it, Lance Valor is invaluable for farming SP. Saves a lot of time.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Not really,  Sophia and Sanaki both got resplendents and neither of them, especially Sanaki were ones someone would expect to be candidates. You could say Sophia seemed like one because she needed the stats, but that same arguement could be made for Matthew. Sophia is a bit more popular, but the amount by which she is is pretty irrelevant if CYL 3-4 is anything to go by.

Resplendents are units that should fill at least 3 of these criteria: Needs a boost in performance, needs better art, is popular to an extent. Matt fills at least 2 of these, his art is pretty great already, doesn't really need an update.

Providing points aside... it would be nice to get more resplendents that aren't red, even if Chrom could use a boost to his stats.

Sanaki is at least a pretty major character.

30 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Is there a pattern with the 5* limited combat manuals based on games? The only pattern I know is with Banners released on that month.

• In March we got Spring Camilla, who was released in March 2017, and Spring Kagero, who was released in March 2018.
  • In April we got Alm, who was released in a New Heroes banner on April 2017, and Green Olwen, who was released in a New Heroes banner on April 2018.
  • In May we got Bride Cordelia, released in May 2017, and Bride Ninian, released in May 2018.
  • Now in June, we are getting Summer Robin, released on June 2017, and Summer Innes, that was released on June 2018.

Yeah, it seems to be a rare unit released each of the first two years - generally seasonals, with April as the exception because it didn't have any those years.

42 minutes ago, Othin said:

Sanaki is at least a pretty major character.

Yeah, and they've given her preferential treatment before by making her the first Tellius character added and the first Tellius character to get a Special Heroes alt.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Unless you already have it, Lance Valor is invaluable for farming SP. Saves a lot of time.

I don't personally place any value on farming skills whatsoever. I have no problem farming sp through autobattling TT, FB, etc., and I'll usually do so to merit grind anyway.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Oh yeah, the seasonals are definitely aligning! I just noticed that with Green Olwen, we got her manual then she was a hall of form unit. Now we have Bride Ninian as a manual before being a Forma, and now we have Summer Innes coming up as a manual. We haven’t had a SS themed HoF yet, so I’m kinda expecting to see him as a Forma if the next Hall is SS themed.

7 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, and they've given her preferential treatment before by making her the first Tellius character added and the first Tellius character to get a Special Heroes alt.

I think her preferential treatment is fine because she isn't getting spammed alts and isn't a particularly strong unit in either her alt or original. 

5 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I think her preferential treatment is fine because she isn't getting spammed alts and isn't a particularly strong unit in either her alt or original. 

I don’t have any issues with her getting preferential treatment.

I simply pointed out those facts to show that her getting a Resplendent really isn’t that strange.

19 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

You should finish to merge him. We are only getting Book 1 Resplendents for now, and may take a while for Book 2 Resplendents to appear.

You're probably right. We have yet to finish Book 1 refines and they happen at least twice as fast as Resplendents. Book 2 resplendents may well not happen within the game's lifespan, assuming they complete Book 1 first.

1 minute ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Book 2 resplendents may well not happen within the game's lifespan, assuming they complete Book 1 first.

Not really. I don't expect Resplendent Attires to all Book 1 Heroes... Maybe we start to get Book 2 Heroes next year, for example.

20 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Not really. I don't expect Resplendent Attires to all Book 1 Heroes... Maybe we start to get Book 2 Heroes next year, for example.

I think the truth is somewhere inbetween. Since they intend to make the most money they can, really popular book 1 heroes like the Whitewings, lords, etc. will almost definitely be prioritized (possibly also characters with bad art that they can sell an improvement to). Whereas a lot of unpopular book 1 heroes will probably never see a Resplendent before they move to Book 2. And of course, we still don't know if grail units can receive one (I see no reason why not).

2 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I think the truth is somewhere inbetween. Since they intend to make the most money they can, really popular book 1 heroes like the Whitewings, lords, etc. will almost definitely be prioritized (possibly also characters with bad art that they can sell an improvement to). Whereas a lot of unpopular book 1 heroes will probably never see a Resplendent before they move to Book 2. And of course, we still don't know if grail units can receive one (I see no reason why not).

Yeah. I hope Grail units can have Resplendent attires as well. I am hoping Xander gets one.

9 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

the Whitewings

*Palla and Catria

Est isn't nearly popular enough to deserve that. It's already bad enough that she got an alt purely from mooching off of her superior sisters.

19 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

*Palla and Catria

Est isn't nearly popular enough to deserve that. It's already bad enough that she got an alt purely from mooching off of her superior sisters.

The problem with the Whitewings is that if they give it to one, people will expect to all three.

I will say: give a Resplendent Attire to all three, or to none of them.

And I would like it for Est. Est is not my favorite whitewing based on personality, but she is my favorite whitewing as a unit. She is very strong and her Whitewings Spear is great.

58 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

There's a total of like 150 (non-seasonal) Book 1 heroes, and we're set to get 24 Resplendents per year. Starting Book 2 Resplendents before the end of 2021 would mean doing so before we get even a third of the Book 1 ones, I hope that doesn't happen. 

I really hope they don't turn their backs on the not-so-popular Book 1 characters. That'd really suck. I really would love to see Merric and Maria get something, Florina and the other FE7 characters, Klein, etc.

As for Grail units, please just...fix Lloyd's art. That has to be the single biggest blunder in art Heroes has ever produced.

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

There's a total of like 150 (non-seasonal) Book 1 heroes, and we're set to get 24 Resplendents per year. Starting Book 2 Resplendents before the end of 2021 would mean doing so before we get even a third of the Book 1 ones, I hope that doesn't happen. 

Well, they could have Book 1 and Book 2 Resplendents at the same time. They don't need to finish all Book 1 before starting on Book 2, or stop giving us Book 1 to give Book 2 instead.

We could get a Book 1 Resplendent Hero on 10th of the month, and a Book 2 Resplendent Hero on the 25th of the month, for example.

7 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Well, they could have Book 1 and Book 2 Resplendents at the same time. They don't need to finish all Book 1 before starting on Book 2, or stop giving us Book 1 to give Book 2 instead.

We could get a Book 1 Resplendent Hero on 10th of the month, and a Book 2 Resplendent Hero on the 25th of the month, for example.

They could, but later Resplendents sound like an awful thing for the game and I want to avoid them for as long as possible. Even post-CYL1 is something I'd prefer to avoid, since that's where Gen 2 stats start showing up. 

23 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Fixed it for you. 😋

That's fine, because Narcian actually is more popular than Est. In fact, Est only has more CYL votes than just two other characters that also have multiple versions (Helbindi and Bartre, and she probably wouldn't even have more than the former if he was around for all 4 CYLs).

And yes, that does mean she loses to Ylgr and Hrid (among others) which is a special kind of pathetic.

14 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The problem with the Whitewings is that if they give it to one, people will expect to all three.

I will say: give a Resplendent Attire to all three, or to none of them.

And I would like it for Est. Est is not my favorite whitewing based on personality, but she is my favorite whitewing as a unit. She is very strong and her Whitewings Spear is great.

Yeah, and that's complete horseshit. Est (and honestly Palla too to a lesser extent) should not get to benefit from Catria's popularity.