• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

13 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If they're doing something to Allegiance Battles, it better be the deletion of that damn map with the giant breakable wall in the middle. I hate that thing so much.

It is annoying, but I do not worry about ranking in Allegiance Battles too much, since the only difference is just a few Flowers. Flowers are important, but it does not feel like it is as important of a resource as others. The units most in need of Flowers are super tanks, and once a player has maxed their super tanks, no one else really needs them to the same degree as super tanks. Enemy Phase units do want Flowers, but it is not super crucial. Player Phase units as usual can just cheap out on a lot of things and can completely go without it.

Most veteran players also should have enough Synergy Bonus points by now to offset poor scoring and lack of perfect kills and still get the 5 Orbs.

20 minutes ago, XRay said:

It is annoying, but I do not worry about ranking in Allegiance Battles too much, since the only difference is just a few Flowers. Flowers are important, but it does not feel like it is as important of a resource as others. The units most in need of Flowers are super tanks, and once a player has maxed their super tanks, no one else really needs them to the same degree as super tanks. Enemy Phase units do want Flowers, but it is not super crucial. Player Phase units as usual can just cheap out on a lot of things and can completely go without it.

Most veteran players also should have enough Synergy Bonus points by now to offset poor scoring and lack of perfect kills and still get the 5 Orbs.

Yeah I know, but that map still pisses me off due to how cramped it is. That, and I'm overly anal in regards to getting every perfect kill and will get annoyed if I cannot achieve that even if I don't need to.

a new mode is definitely on the horizons, it’s just more so a matter of when this month... if it IS in a week, it would align to the start of the new summer banner... hmm... 

Anyway, tomorrow should be comic day. Let’s see if they post it as promised, let alone if they tweet it...

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Selling everyone a bunch of pair-up legendaries then removing the only mode in which they're relevant. That'd be a classy move.

There are still Coliseum quests that require the completion of AB so it would make no sense to remove them in that context. Though I suppose there was that incident with the Aether Resort "build a plot" quest, so it can't be ruled out completely I suppose.

Well Pair up is also good for Arena itself, not just AB. so even if they did scrap it, it's not like the pairup legendaries are useless all of a sudden. 

Wow, and just when I got two extra pair-up legendaries and was able to score 950+ with a full team of +0 units.

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Well Pair up is also good for Arena itself, not just AB. so even if they did scrap it, it's not like the pairup legendaries are useless all of a sudden. 

You can only Pair Up in Main Story, Paralogues, Training Tower, Allegiance Battles, and Røkkr Sieges.

Out of all those modes though, only Allegiance Battles somewhat matters.

Main Story, Paralogues, and Training Tower is whatever. Røkkr Sieges is pretty easy, it just takes lots of Feathers for Galeforce and promoting 4* units to 5*, so Pair Up is not really necessary, although it does help.

What's a pair-up?

(actually, I don't use it, so my Allegiance Battles score is lower, but it's not a huge difference)

16 minutes ago, XRay said:

You can only Pair Up in Main Story, Paralogues, Training Tower, Allegiance Battles, and Røkkr Sieges.

Out of all those modes though, only Allegiance Battles somewhat matters.

Main Story, Paralogues, and Training Tower is whatever. Røkkr Sieges is pretty easy, it just takes lots of Feathers for Galeforce and promoting 4* units to 5*, so Pair Up is not really necessary, although it does help.

The Pair up Legendary still works in Arena. they still have the high bst. it's not just for AB

Only pair up Legendary I ever got was Alm since sniping for characters on Legendary banners is not fun nor is it a good investment for my orbs most of the time so I tend to skip them. So it's not like I would be bothered if Allegiance Battles suddenly became a bi-weekly event that is swapped around with a different new mode (unless that new mode ends up not being fun to play).

Though AB isn't gone I do believe that a new mode is coming soon enough and it may even be linked with that new hero type the datamine revealed. It being a weekly rotation would be weird but if the rewards were nearly the same, I really don't mind it. I just hope that they give a free unit of the new hero type somewhere down the line to help players get started in the mode or give them a small boost, similar to how there aren't any free pair up legends something that at the beginning of AB crippled my ability to score high. 

Regardless in the following days I expect a channel to release similar to how it happened in October (it also was in the middle of the month I believe). They will talk about the seasonals, the new mode and the new hero type. Channels happen every two months meaning that a new one is probably around the corner and afterwards in August the CYL one will take place. 

Edited by SuperNova125

17 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Regardless in the following days I expect a channel to release similar to how it happened in October (it also was in the middle of the month I believe). They will talk about the seasonals, the new mode and the new hero type. Channels happen every two months meaning that a new one is probably around the corner and afterwards in August the CYL one will take place. 

That channel was not in the middle of October. That one happened on the 3rd.

the order of the Colosseum buttons are back to normal.

Also I just found this out but if you go to the Forma Allies menu (even if you aren't buying one) you get 500 free feathers just for completing the event! I remember reading something about it but forgot 

Yes, everyone! Don’t forget to claim your 500 feathers! 🙂  just gotta click the screen.

My take on AB: it’s gotten a LOT easier ever since I picked up several Pair Up legendaries. It’s never been the hardest mode, but pair up makes the mode SUCH a breeze. Leif and Edelgard in particular are so strong on their own with their Galeforce-like shenanigans that they, in a way, cut through whatever source of challenge was left. I also bring along Roy and Chrom, whose assist skill adds to the ease.

There are some question maps, however, yes...

I have six pair-up Legendaries. Of them I only use Leif (+3) in AB, and I used Roy (+0) before I got Leif. They are the only two I actually gave partners to. Julia (+2), Alm (+2), Celica (+1) and Eliwood (+0) I've never bothered giving partners because I haven't yet found a reason to do so. To be fair, the only ones of those I've pulled for intentionally are Leif and Julia.

I've said since the day pair-ups launched that I'd much rather have a regular stat-boosting Legendary than any other type of Legendary or Mythic hero, and that remains true. I'm never going to be able to merge any of them sufficiently that their arena scoring bonus becomes relevant, and I get all the score I need in AB from Leif, leaving the other units with no purpose.

For what it's worth I always use Leif+Ares, Oscar+Friend, Lazura and Palla as my AB squad. Palla might seem an odd pick but she's there as a Repo (Wo)man, and ticks the boxes of having excellent mobility (flight plus WoM) and good mixed bulk while being unlikely to accidentally kill things. They're good enough to get a perfect score on the first attempt most weeks.

Edited by Humanoid

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

the order of the Colosseum buttons are back to normal.

Also I just found this out but if you go to the Forma Allies menu (even if you aren't buying one) you get 500 free feathers just for completing the event! I remember reading something about it but forgot 

So that's how you get that! I'd been confused in the past.

We have the datamine from the next Rokkr Sieges event. I will put the info in the Spoiler Tab below, for the people that are interested to know.

Spoiler

jLsv26k.png

Round 1 starts on June 12th, with Chrom and Lucina.
Round 2 starts on June 14th, with Camilla and Beruka.
Round 3 starts on June 16th, with Ylgr and Eir.

My opinion is: The first two rounds look to be very easy. The 3rd round can be a little annoying for being two ranged units that can debuff foes. At least Eir is weak against bows, which helps Legendary Leif's users a lot. Too bad Daggerbreaker doesn't work on Ylgr. The Nifl Princess also has Chill Spd, which allow her to debuff a unit in 3 stats.

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

We have the datamine from the next Rokkr Sieges event. I will put the info in the Spoiler Tab below, for the people that are interested to know.

Hide contents

jLsv26k.png

Round 1 starts on June 12th, with Chrom and Lucina.
Round 2 starts on June 14th, with Camilla and Beruka.
Round 3 starts on June 16th, with Ylgr and Eir.

My opinion is: The first two rounds look to be very easy. The 3rd round can be a little annoying for being two ranged units that can debuff foes. At least Eir is weak against bows, which helps Legendary Leif's users a lot. Too bad Daggerbreaker doesn't work on Ylgr. The Nifl Princess also has Chill Spd, which allow her to debuff a unit in 3 stats.

Interesting. 

The first two rounds should be easy for me. Eir might be a pain, but at least Ylgr is weak to green units.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Interesting.

Hide contents

The first two rounds should be easy for me. Eir might be a pain, but at least Ylgr is weak to green units.

Spoiler

I gave some breaker skills to Leif (Sword, Axe and Dagger, at least against Eir it works). He will need some help if he wants to quad.

Against Chrom and Lucina, Young Palla and OG Est will do great. For the Axe Fliers, OG Palla and Leif will be enough. Still planning against the dagger bosses, but Leif and Edelgard may be used. Well... Leif will be used in all rounds though thanks to Pair Up.

All teams will have a Witchy Wand healer and a Flying Heron (probaly Leanne for Round 1 and Reyson for Rounds 2 and 3).

The arena order changes and blackout AB is very strange.

All I can think is that some of their content is 'binned' to update automatically at certain times.  There are some rumors about how we were supposed to have a feh channel but due to the protests (social media blackout), they may have cancelled or postponed since they couldn't market it on twitter and whatnot.  I think there's some justification with this as it could be that there were some lingering events/changes that may have been 'binned' to update that they could not change in time or forgot about.  Often times in a feh channel we get immediate changes like event rewards (akin to Book IV Midpoint) and then drastic changes like new game modes and what not a few weeks later - perhaps the midpoint celebration event was binned and the other content is either still on schedule for release or postponed.

I'm still hoping for AB being replaced with something else or simply removed w/ a new way to get the rewards.  I don't think anyone cares about pair up heroes which is the whole focus of the game mode...Only one I really like is L!Eliwood b/c he's such a great support unit.

Edited by Lycan

47 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

If any mode should be removed, it should be the godawful and under-rewarding Arena Assault. Certainly not AB.

I think AA can be saved - it is kind of a waste of time considering the rewards and how long it takes but the concept is good as it requires you to build multiple teams to succeed and not just have one that dominates every time.  

On a separate note, I've always liked the idea of an actually challenging mode where you can use heroes until they die and have to replace them with other heroes but not punish you for having them die.  Idea would be that it is hard enough that you should be expected to lose a lot of units and very difficult to reach the top of the 'tower' - rewards vary depending on how far you progressed up the 'tower'.

Game really needs something challenging that has nothing to do with having 3 +10 Mythics sit in the back with a bonus unit while your 5th unit solos....

14 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Did not know this was a thing until I saw this.

Was this ever mentioned via an in-game notification? 

Edited by Flying Shogi