Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

14 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I think the trailer will be Monday.  They have never released a trailer on Saturday (Sunday in Japan) plus they tend to release trailers on the day VG ends.  I figure they really don't care about the datamine, if they did then the game would be updated at different times then it has been.

Yeah, there have been several times where the characters have leaked through a datamine before the trailer went up. Enough that it seems like they must have known to expect it.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

IIRC the phrase Sparking comes from Granblue Fantasy, another gacha game, for that is the terminology they use ("Sparks") when they summon/accumulate to get their guaranteed 5* equivalents. 

Why is my card suddenly being declined when I try to buy orbs? It was working fine just a few minutes ago and now all of a sudden it keeps being declined. I can't buy orbs anymore if this keeps up.

43 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why is my card suddenly being declined when I try to buy orbs? It was working fine just a few minutes ago and now all of a sudden it keeps being declined. I can't buy orbs anymore if this keeps up.

you probably bought too much in a small period of time so your bank put a stop on it.

5 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

you probably bought too much in a small period of time so your bank put a stop on it.

Why would any bank be allowed to do that? That's absolutely shitty and controlling. It's my money and account, not theirs. And even if they were allowed to do such a dumb thing, shouldn't the message actually tell me that instead of just saying the card is simply declined?

Also, I've bought a bunch of orb packs at one time before and this didn't happen.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why would any bank be allowed to do that? That's absolutely shitty and controlling. It's my money and account, not theirs. And even if they were allowed to do such a dumb thing, shouldn't the message actually tell me that instead of just saying the card is simply declined?

Also, I've bought a bunch of orb packs at one time before and this didn't happen.

If I were you I would call your bank about this issue. I don't think it's necessarily the game's fault.

1 minute ago, Michelaar said:

If I were you I would call your bank about this issue. I don't think it's necessarily the game's fault.

I know that now, I tried my card in another game I play that has in-game purchases and I got the same problem. And my bank is closed today since it's Sunday. I can't call them.

I had a connection issue right before the problem started, so I think that caused the card to become corrupted. And that really sucks because this would be the second time in the last year and a half that I'd have to get a new card (there's no fixing a corrupted card, I think). I had to get a new one before because it got hacked.

Edited by Anacybele

32 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

they are allowed to do it beause they are protecting you. If someone stole your card, would you want the bank to be all "Well, it's Ana's account who gives a poop?" or lock it down so you don't lose that much money if it's fraudulent? It's a default message. I've had that happened to me when I've done a big sale on an independent book website. the bank allowed a few charges, then because it was a new place and i spent more than i usually spend in a day it shut it down. (now my bank is pretty good and they called me and i explained and the girl laughed).

it isn't a dumb thing. 

8 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

they are allowed to do it beause they are protecting you. If someone stole your card, would you want the bank to be all "Well, it's Ana's account who gives a poop?" or lock it down so you don't lose that much money if it's fraudulent? It's a default message. I've had that happened to me when I've done a big sale on an independent book website. the bank allowed a few charges, then because it was a new place and i spent more than i usually spend in a day it shut it down. (now my bank is pretty good and they called me and i explained and the girl laughed).

it isn't a dumb thing. 

Except the one time my card did get hacked, I was called and notified that a strange purchase was made. My card didn't just suddenly get declined. And I've gotten no phone calls today. So that would have nothing to do with this problem.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Except the one time my card did get hacked, I was called and notified that a strange purchase was made. My card didn't just suddenly get declined. And I've gotten no phone calls today. So that would have nothing to do with this problem.

because there's a difference between being hacked vs buying something that you buy all the time. again you spent too much.and probably hit your daily limit. call tomorrow and figure it out it's not that big of a deal. also - isn't it like a holiday or something? it was the 4th yesterday so people are taking long holiday anyway. 

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

because there's a difference between being hacked vs buying something that you buy all the time. again you spent too much.and probably hit your daily limit. call tomorrow and figure it out it's not that big of a deal. also - isn't it like a holiday or something? it was the 4th yesterday so people are taking long holiday anyway. 

If I hit my daily limit, then I would've spent far more. I used the same account to spend $1000 on furniture once. And that didn't cause any problems.

That's got nothing to do with it, the bank is always closed on Sunday.

Do you have an iPhone? A long time ago, I tried buying a lot of music on iTunes (yes, that far back lol) and my purchases were "declined," but I also did not get a call from my bank either. I contacted Apple Support and it was actually /their/ doing, they stopped my purchases fearing that I was not necessarily hacked, but maybe someone else (ie, a family member) was using my account far too excessively than I would actually allow for. I assume that my bank found nothing suspicious about my purchases because I did/do it often, though Apple thought it was more than usual for me at the time, so they took precautions. A quick exchange of emails, though, and I was back in business the next day, using my Apple ID. 

But this is just me; moreover, the holiday/weekend could indeed also be affecting your case.

50 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Maybe it's a Divine force, telling you to not whale? I heard it happens sometimes...

...Actually, this may not be far from the truth. I went and got more orbs with my Google play points and the first thing I got with them was that final Elincia merge that I'd been spending some money trying to get in the first place. So it does seem like it was telling me to just go get some play points orbs instead. lol

And now I have plenty left to use on the summer banner! Because I'm 99.99% sure those silhouettes are my favorite redhead and Ingrid!

58 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Actually, this may not be far from the truth. I went and got more orbs with my Google play points and the first thing I got with them was that final Elincia merge that I'd been spending some money trying to get in the first place. So it does seem like it was telling me to just go get some play points orbs instead. lol

And now I have plenty left to use on the summer banner! Because I'm 99.99% sure those silhouettes are my favorite redhead and Ingrid!

Nice! Congrats on Elincia.

See? Divine intervention helping you to spend less orbs than you need to. 

Also, good luck in fixing the credit card as soon as possible. I never had a problem like that, so I don't know how much time it takes to be fixed.

42 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Nice! Congrats on Elincia.

See? Divine intervention helping you to spend less orbs than you need to. 

Also, good luck in fixing the credit card as soon as possible. I never had a problem like that, so I don't know how much time it takes to be fixed.

Thanks! And yeah. lol

Me too. I don't know how long it'll take either...

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Thanks! And yeah. lol

Me too. I don't know how long it'll take either...

Tip: If it was the bank that blocked your card for too many consecutive purchases (as mentioned above by daisy jane) this is not going to be something that will fix on its own. It's very important you give the bank a call tomorrow to see what happened and how can you solve it. Best case they unblock the card through the phone call or worst case you have to go to the bank to get a new card.

Just now, Jave said:

Tip: If it was the bank that blocked your card for too many consecutive purchases (as mentioned above by daisy jane) this is not going to be something that will fix on its own. It's very important you give the bank a call tomorrow to see what happened and how can you solve it. Best case they unblock the card through the phone call or worst case you have to go to the bank to get a new card.

If that's the case, then they're idiots for thinking that a number of consecutive purchases automatically means something suspicious.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If that's the case, then they're idiots for thinking that a number of consecutive purchases automatically means something suspicious.

Banks have been operating on a "Better Safe than Sorry" style for years now, since Stealing/Cloning/Hacking cards and accounts have become more of a serious issue as time goes by, so nowadays any sort of suspicious activity is immediately blocked. It's either that or letting everything slide, and since banks can't tell what purchases are legit or not, they'd rather deal with the inconveniences of costumers getting their cards temporarily locked, but also catching the majority of fraudulent purchases, before they escalate into something worse.

Just now, Jave said:

Banks have been operating on a "Better Safe than Sorry" style for years now, since Stealing/Cloning/Hacking cards and accounts have become more of a serious issue as time goes by, so nowadays any sort of suspicious activity is immediately blocked. It's either that or letting everything slide, and since banks can't tell what purchases are legit or not, they'd rather deal with the inconveniences of costumers getting their cards temporarily locked, but also catching the majority of fraudulent purchases, before they escalate into something worse.

Oh. Yeah, that is a pretty fair point. And my account was hacked once before, though all the hacker got was a dollar or two before my bank blocked my card and had me get a new one.

The analytics for stuff like this is fairly sophisticated, whether it be by the bank or by the payment processor (Apple/Google). There's still a fairly sizeable gap between someone trying to use your card in Nigeria or what they might think might a little kid getting their hands on their parents' phone and spamming a bunch of microtransactions.

And if it's a credit card and not a debit card, then technically it's still the bank's money being spent, so it's them protecting themselves as much as protecting you. And that's the thing about credit card protections: if it does turn out to be a fraudulent transaction, it's not the customer who ends up out of pocket so it's a much higher risk of loss to the bank than if someone was spending their own money via debit, bank transfer, cash, etc.

28 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

The analytics for stuff like this is fairly sophisticated, whether it be by the bank or by the payment processor (Apple/Google). There's still a fairly sizeable gap between someone trying to use your card in Nigeria or what they might think might a little kid getting their hands on their parents' phone and spamming a bunch of microtransactions.

And if it's a credit card and not a debit card, then technically it's still the bank's money being spent, so it's them protecting themselves as much as protecting you. And that's the thing about credit card protections: if it does turn out to be a fraudulent transaction, it's not the customer who ends up out of pocket so it's a much higher risk of loss to the bank than if someone was spending their own money via debit, bank transfer, cash, etc.

Hmm... Yeah, now that you bring that little kid scenario up, I do recall my niece ended up doing something similar with our cable. She mistakenly bought movies and stuff. So yeah, I understand it more now.

Hopefully it runs long enough so that we know the units on the late July banner before deciding which of them to spark. Would be disappointing if these re-runs had a shorter duration than a normal New Heroes banner.

21 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Hopefully it runs long enough so that we know the units on the late July banner before deciding which of them to spark. Would be disappointing if these re-runs had a shorter duration than a normal New Heroes banner.

[DATAMINE SPOILERS]

Spoiler

It'll only last a week (until the 18th) according to the datamine.

Edited by Tybrosion