• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

What the hell is wrong with Mjolnir's Strike now? I can no longer do anything on Shield phase. My units die easily. I used to win on advanced just fine and now I can't. Did IS add some sort of needless stat inflation to the enemy units?

Whatever it is, this mode sucks now.

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What the hell is wrong with Mjolnir's Strike now? I can no longer do anything on Shield phase. My units die easily. I used to win on advanced just fine and now I can't. Did IS add some sort of needless stat inflation to the enemy units?

Whatever it is, this mode sucks now.

I think stats have gradually been increasing since the mode has always been pretty easy. I still didn't find this round too bad, but I did need a second attempt and more use of my structures than usual.

It gives unlimited attempts and a bunch of options for how to tackle it, so I'd suggest just trying different approaches.

Yeah, I still manage Mjolnir battles on Advanced for the time being, but do have to admit it's getting a bit annoying with some formerly-viable options now off the table. I need to rethink my offensive pairing of Leif and Oscar for example - Leif still does great but Oscar has slowly turned into dead weight. He can barely double anything anymore, and the units he can double are the bulky type that will simply demolish him on the counter. Heavy Blade doesn't even proc anymore because just about every enemy has higher Atk than Oscar these days.

Maybe Raven - my other core Galeforce unit - could do better due to his better raw stats, but if that doesn't work, then I stop seeing any reason to ever even switch the pair-up from Leif in front. Maybe a Brave melee unit I guess for those rare situations where a ranged unit would destroy Leif on the counter.

I suppose the complaints could be generalised to other modes where stat inflation has a disproportionately detrimental effect on the gameplay. I know I get really irritated when HoF keeps offering me skills that involve stat comparisons because the player is never going to win those checks on the final few chambers.

Edited by Humanoid

I haven’t been keeping track of stats, but I recall HP values In Mjolnir’s Strike have been around 60 or so for a while. The current enemies are Tellius, maybe they’re harder than other sets? Beasts can be nasty if they end up in a good formation.

@Humanoid I pair L Leif with Caeda as my front unit. Any Galeforce unit is good for that role, especially if you have the structure that reduces cool down count.

Edited by Baldrick

11 minutes ago, Othin said:

I think stats have gradually been increasing since the mode has always been pretty easy. I still didn't find this round too bad, but I did need a second attempt and more use of my structures than usual.

It gives unlimited attempts and a bunch of options for how to tackle it, so I'd suggest just trying different approaches.

I see then. That would explain it. I had to change some of my backup team to get it done, yeah. I still lost some units though.

15 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

I pair L Leif with Caeda as my front unit. Any Galeforce unit is good for that role, especially if you have the structure that reduces cool down count.

Regular Caeda? Can she still reliably pass the speed check for Flashing Blade? I suppose it's still a fair bit more likely than my +Spd Oscar passing his Atk checks. And I suppose another factor is the green units she's likely to face are generally slower than the powercreep swords Oscar is facing, and she also has effective damage to fall back on. My experience is that lately he hits even red units once for 30-40 damage and that's it, which is never worth it versus just attacking again with Leif. Swordbreaker would probably be better than Desperation in this scenario I suppose but I'd probably just screw myself over by forgetting to change it back.

Admittedly I'm also hamstrung by being unable to buff him, activate his Prf, and not having an open seal slot, so it seems some Galeforce builds are a hell of a lot better than others in this situation, and his particular build makes him one of the lesser ones. My other options are Raven and Eliwood, who would probably activate more reliably.

Edited by Humanoid

26 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Regular Caeda? Can she still reliably pass the speed check for Flashing Blade? I suppose it's still a fair bit more likely than my +Spd Oscar passing his Atk checks. And I suppose another factor is the green units she's likely to face are generally slower than the powercreep swords Oscar is facing, and she also has effective damage to fall back on. My experience is that lately he hits even red units once for 30-40 damage and that's it, which is never worth it versus just attacking again with Leif. Swordbreaker would probably be better than Desperation in this scenario I suppose but I'd probably just screw myself over by forgetting to change it back.

Admittedly I'm also hamstrung by being unable to buff him, activate his Prf, and not having an open seal slot, so it seems some Galeforce builds are a hell of a lot better than others in this situation, and his particular build makes him one of the lesser ones. My other options are Raven and Eliwood, who would probably activate more reliably.

She works against armours, at least, which is usually the enemies Leif can’t safely attack. Flashing Blade is certainly one of the more reliable methods of cool down acceleration, since it’s basically the same condition as doubling.

For Mjolnir, my buildings are Nifl Icicle  near the top and muspell on the right. Bonus structure in the back, lasts pot is filler. 

I have Bold fighter Sheena on offense with Blazing wind Kronya paired up. Sheena forces doubles and is there to soften up certain enemies for Kronya. Then, Kronya, with G duel Flying Reyson supporting her just spams blazing wind on the enemies. It’s a rare occasion that one of the enemies slips I am looking to change Kronya for Brunnya since she has Atk/Spd solo 4 and can have higher dmg output. Though colourless is nice to have. Might look at some other unit.

9 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I see then. That would explain it. I had to change some of my backup team to get it done, yeah. I still lost some units though.

What units do you use on MS? 

For example, in the offensive slot (the one that stays in the top), I use Nanna with Pain+ Double Savage Blow, so she can lower foe's HP to make easier for the others to kill. Alongside her, I use a debuffed like Saizo, so I can decide if I want to deal damage using Pain+ or debuff using Saizo's smoke dagger.

Maybe something like this can be useful for you. Giving a Smoke Dagger for your Summer Fred, for example.

42 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

What units do you use on MS? 

For example, in the offensive slot (the one that stays in the top), I use Nanna with Pain+ Double Savage Blow, so she can lower foe's HP to make easier for the others to kill. Alongside her, I use a debuffed like Saizo, so I can decide if I want to deal damage using Pain+ or debuff using Saizo's smoke dagger.

Maybe something like this can be useful for you. Giving a Smoke Dagger for your Summer Fred, for example.

I use my mixed tanks because they could just tank near everything coming their way. Particularly Brave Ike. But that's not working as well anymore. Brave Ike still takes a bit longer to kill than Fallen Ike or NY Alfonse/Sharena, but they all still get beat at some point now. I switched my backup units to some other tanks who aren't as mixed, but could still help, like Frederick and Silas. Those two are my ultimate physical tanks (besides Brave Ike), at least.

Altina is in the offensive slot because she can one-round a lot of things, so she typically can take out a unit right away. That double Savage Blow idea is pretty good though, I'll have to try it sometime. I'd have to use Mist who isn't on a horse though, because she's my only built healer whom I gave Pain+ to.

Edited by Anacybele

47 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I use my mixed tanks because they could just tank near everything coming their way. Particularly Brave Ike. But that's not working as well anymore. Brave Ike still takes a bit longer to kill than Fallen Ike or NY Alfonse/Sharena, but they all still get beat at some point now. I switched my backup units to some other tanks who aren't as mixed, but could still help, like Frederick and Silas. Those two are my ultimate physical tanks (besides Brave Ike), at least.

Altina is in the offensive slot because she can one-round a lot of things, so she typically can take out a unit right away. That double Savage Blow idea is pretty good though, I'll have to try it sometime. I'd have to use Mist who isn't on a horse though, because she's my only built healer whom I gave Pain+ to.

Maybe you can pair the Mixed Tank units with offensive units. I have my Marth as tank, but he is paired with Yune. So I can attack with unit in player phase and change to Marth in enemy phase. Since only one unit of each column is required to score, you can run a unit with the Arena build and other is any build. Something like Using Brave Ike paired with a double Death Blow Reinhardt, so Reinhardt can deal with the red units, and then change to Ike in enemy phase.

I think Mist can work fine.

Some players also use Galeforce units as offensive. Maybe Legendary Ephraim can do the job, with Galeforce and Heavy Blade, since being alone there allows him to double without problems.

28 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Maybe you can pair the Mixed Tank units with offensive units. I have my Marth as tank, but he is paired with Yune. So I can attack with unit in player phase and change to Marth in enemy phase. Since only one unit of each column is required to score, you can run a unit with the Arena build and other is any build. Something like Using Brave Ike paired with a double Death Blow Reinhardt, so Reinhardt can deal with the red units, and then change to Ike in enemy phase.

I think Mist can work fine.

Some players also use Galeforce units as offensive. Maybe Legendary Ephraim can do the job, with Galeforce and Heavy Blade, since being alone there allows him to double without problems.

Wait, you can change to the backup units in the middle of a turn? How did I not realize that. I figured you could only switch before attacking/moving or when one character got KO'd. Good to know then. I still don't know how I missed such a detail, but yeah.

Unfortunately, I don't have the feathers to give legendary Ephraim Galeforce right now. I burned them all making Sylvain +10. xP

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Wait, you can change to the backup units in the middle of a turn? How did I not realize that. I figured you could only switch before attacking/moving or when one character got KO'd. Good to know then. I still don't know how I missed such a detail, but yeah.

Yeah. You can move and attack with one unit, and then change to the paired up unit after the combat and before ending turn. So you can have one unit in player phase and another for enemy phase.

I hope this new strat works for you.

I'm using Galeforce Eliwood as the front unit with the mythic of the season as his pair. Then on the back lines I have Reinhardt, B!Lyn and Ares, the three of them paired with my arena core (Aversa, Flame Emperor, W!Cecilia). That way I have player phase units in the back with the possibility to swap for enemy phase units (Ares is kinda mixed phase with his Vantage build), the horses have great mobility to go any side I need them on and they can buff themselves with Hone Cav. It's working well for me

Be sure to set the "Smart End" setting to "Excl Pair/Duo" to ensure you can still switch to your tanky unit even if it's the last one you move. It might be the default behaviour anyway, dunno.

I'm using an Aoe Sothe with Special Spiral with a Flame Emperor to back him up in case of Vantage units.

I use the Emblean Seal on the right and the Muspell bolt tower in the bottom left, bonus structure in the bottom right. No structure in the middle because he would block my dancers movement.

14 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah. You can move and attack with one unit, and then change to the paired up unit after the combat and before ending turn. So you can have one unit in player phase and another for enemy phase.

I hope this new strat works for you.

I see then. Thanks for letting me know. I hope it works too!

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

Be sure to set the "Smart End" setting to "Excl Pair/Duo" to ensure you can still switch to your tanky unit even if it's the last one you move. It might be the default behaviour anyway, dunno.

I don't think it's the default, but it sure comes in handy.

By winning the poll, Heirs of Light will return in September alongside a Forging Bonds revival. This is a pretty good banner, both for units and for fodder. Also, it may have Altena as a 4* Focus, making easier to get copies of her.