• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Isn't Lull Def/Res inferior to the other Def and Res variants most of the time? Most units only target one defensive stat so only those with adaptive damage would benefit from Lull Def/Res unless I've missed something.    

37 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Isn't Lull Def/Res inferior to the other Def and Res variants most of the time? Most units only target one defensive stat so only those with adaptive damage would benefit from Lull Def/Res unless I've missed something.    

Pretty much yeah, there are very few scenarios where a unit would want to lower BOTH Def and Res. Even adaptive damage dealers are a little iffy in that regard, since they also lose out on the extra boons of Lull Atk/Xxx or Lull Spd/Xxx, so if such a skill ever came out... honestly, I'd be almost disappointed if it wasn't a 4* demote skill.

Female Kana has adaptive damage, but she benefits from Lull Def/Res even against enemies where her adaptive damage isn't active, because her weapon's effect wants her to cancel all bonuses on the enemy.

27 minutes ago, Othin said:

Female Kana has adaptive damage, but she benefits from Lull Def/Res even against enemies where her adaptive damage isn't active, because her weapon's effect wants her to cancel all bonuses on the enemy.

I kind of question if that counts tbh, considering the effect triggers if foe initiates. Kind of the same of most other Prfs asking for one thing like "Foes HP is 100%" or "If units HP is greater than 50%", but then also asks for "if foe initiates" or "if unit initiates" which in most contexts is all the unit was asking for in the first place.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

I kind of question if that counts tbh, considering the effect triggers if foe initiates. Kind of the same of most other Prfs asking for one thing like "Foes HP is 100%" or "If units HP is greater than 50%", but then also asks for "if foe initiates" or "if unit initiates" which in most contexts is all the unit was asking for in the first place.

Her unique refinement is simply Lull Atk/Spd. With Lull Def/Res as her B passive, she negates all field buffs on her foe. The base effect of her weapon is just Spectrum Stance with another way to activate it like how Balmung, Crimson Axe's unique refinement, Dark Royal Spear, the Krises' weapons, etc., work. In this case, the other way to activate it is if her foe has no field buffs active, so having Lull Def/Res with the Lull Atk/Spd unique refinement would ensure that.

Speaking of, Lull Spd/Res could also benefit Berkut and Hawkeye who have Lull Atk/Def as their unique refinement for their weapons by allowing them to negate all field buffs like F!Kana could with Lull Def/Res, but they don't really benefit from more speed and they won't be able to take advantage of the resistance debuff without someone giving them an adaptive damage effect which at least for Hawkeye he could run Sorcery Blade as his A passive or his seal at the cost of something more practical.

There's also Luke who would appreciate the ability to negate his foe's field buffs. Problem is we need a Dull or Lull seal before he can cover everything. Dull Close or Dull Ranged or a Lull that only covers half of all foes stats.

Edited by Kaden

Not knocking the art - indeed it's probably the best one of recent times - but I probably wouldn't have recognised it as being Olwen without someone telling me.

Now announce Dire Thunderblade for next month's batch of refines and I'll buy. 😛

So, I guess Reinhardt is definitely getting Embla now if he ever gets a Resplendent.

5 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Now announce Dire Thunderblade for next month's batch of refines and I'll buy. 😛

Given that Azura still does not have a Prf at all, I wouldn’t count on that one.

21 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Not knocking the art - indeed it's probably the best one of recent times - but I probably wouldn't have recognised it as being Olwen without someone telling me.

I kinda get that sentiment, I don't think I recognized her as Olwen right off the bat myself. But hey, she did really need something. It probably won't help her out THAT much since she is still 5-star locked and stuff but ... I mean. It's something.

9 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I kinda get that sentiment, I don't think I recognized her as Olwen right off the bat myself. But hey, she did really need something. It probably won't help her out THAT much since she is still 5-star locked and stuff but ... I mean. It's something.

She definitly needs a different built then Reinhardt for PVP. But a +Atk +10 Olwen with +5 dragonflowers can reach 41 Spd and 37 attack and sits at 37 Res, not baring any skills.
+9 atk from her weapon and
+10 atk from swift sparrow 3 and seal
+6 spd from (-5 from the weapon)

and you are looking at 49 atk and 47 spd, tack on windsweep or desperation

a +Atk Reinhardt has 3 more Attack, which is huge for brave weapons (no resplendant stats), 10 if you count in he runs rather deathblows and lull atk/res, which makes it even a bigger difference. Different playstyles, but yeah if you have reinhardt no need to invest in olwen.

Just now, Hilda said:

She definitly needs a different built then Reinhardt for PVP. But a +Atk +10 Olwen with +5 dragonflowers can reach 41 Spd and 37 attack and sits at 37 Res, not baring any skills.
+9 atk from her weapon and
+10 atk from swift sparrow 3 and seal
+6 spd from (-5 from the weapon)

and you are looking at 49 atk and 47 spd, tack on windsweep or desperation

a +Atk Reinhardt has 3 more Attack, which is huge for brave weapons (no resplendant stats), 10 if you count in he runs rather deathblows and lull atk/res, which makes it even a bigger difference. Different playstyles, but yeah if you have reinhardt no need to invest in olwen.

It also doesn't help that Olwen is harder to +10 by virtue of being a 5-star for anyone who isn't a whale/likes Olwen enough to whale for her.

All artwork for Olwen.

Spoiler

chara_img_00011002000106_01.png?time=159chara_img_00011002000106_02.png?time=159chara_img_00011002000106_03.png?time=159chara_img_00011002000106_04.png?time=159

Not gonna lie, I think she's holding the book upside down in her attack and special art. I have no proof of this, but it just looks like it to me.

...since we're not telling lies right now, I dunno why but it's actually kinda tempting to restart my subscription for her. I barely even use her and when I do she's absolutely useless, but... I dunno...

Edited by Xenomata

I didn't expect a Resplendent reveal this early, and I didn't expect Olwen as well! Being Askr also surprised me. But honestly, I am fine will all of these things because I didn't have Olwen yet!

Keep addind units that I don't have, IntSys! Do Katarina next, please. lol

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

All artwork for Olwen.

Hide contents

chara_img_00011002000106_01.png?time=159chara_img_00011002000106_02.png?time=159chara_img_00011002000106_03.png?time=159chara_img_00011002000106_04.png?time=159

Not gonna lie, I think she's holding the book upside down in her attack and special art. I have no proof of this, but it just looks like it to me.

...since we're not telling lies right now, I dunno why but it's actually kinda tempting to restart my subscription for her. I barely even use her and when I do she's absolutely useless, but... I dunno...

I think it's not that the book is upside down, but that the perspective on it is screwy. The way it's pointed, it's strange for the pages to be visible at the bottom rather than at the top.

56 minutes ago, Othin said:

I think it's not that the book is upside down, but that the perspective on it is screwy. The way it's pointed, it's strange for the pages to be visible at the bottom rather than at the top.

Nah, it definitely looks upside down. Or it reads backwards like a manga XD

Olwen is looking fine!

3 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

It also doesn't help that Olwen is harder to +10 by virtue of being a 5-star for anyone who isn't a whale/likes Olwen enough to whale for her.

Well, being a Book 1 5 star exclusive does make for easier merging than regular ones due to a set rotation with a higher summon rate. I've already merged Julia, Sigurd, Brave Ike, and Brave Lucina, with plans to merge Hector and Ephraim.

fuck it. Just went for it.

Screenshot-2020-07-22-07-39-05.png

Not too sure if I'm doing this right. I obviously gave her Push 4 so she can be a good combat healer, but you also want them to be good at supporting your other units.

Resplendent Olwen looks so cute omg. Kinda feel bad that her brother probably won't be joining her in this little club for some time. He's still super good and doesn't need it. XD

EDIT: Oh, the tweet was already posted. 😕 I knew people would have already seen it, but...

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Resplendent Olwen looks so cute omg. Kinda feel bad that her brother probably won't be joining her in this little club for some time.

Oh, I think an Embla Reinhardt is inevitable at this point. Maybe not right after this but soon enough. 

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Resplendent Olwen looks so cute omg. Kinda feel bad that her brother probably won't be joining her in this little club for some time. He's still super good and doesn't need it. XD

EDIT: Oh, the tweet was already posted. 😕 I knew people would have already seen it, but...

I'm sure we'll probably see Embla Reinhardt eventually. He's a homegrown Heroes meme, and they probably aren't concerned with what effectively equates to giving him +2 attack, and then a bunch of stats he doesn't care about. Being already strong didn't stop Eliwood from getting one.