• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Resplendent versions of even New Heroes alts seems really strange to me. Especially since Roy, Ike, and Lyn all already have regular Resplendent versions, and Lucina is likely to follow.

That doesn't mean it won't happen, but considering their power level (especially Brave Ike), I certainly hope it doesn't happen anytime soon.

Now I remember what resplendent Olwen's art reminded me of: Blazblue. I think. The art style and her Askran outfit reminds me of someone and I can't think of exactly who or from where. Regardless, I think her resplendent art, overall and not just the outfit, is probably my favorite now along with Azura's, Lyn's, Minerva's, and Sophia's. The others' outfits are fine, but I do not like the attacking arts of Eliwood's and Ike's, Ito Misei's Hector lacks the aggression of AKIRA's, and granted, Azura, Minerva, and Olwen's attack are fanservice-y or looks weird with how their spines? are contorted. Roy's art looks good, but I think it's the color clash for me that makes me not like his Nifl outfit as much as his regular one.

What is a bit interesting to me is that unless the character is noticeably pale like Byleth and Rhea and even then like with Kagero who seems like she has a fair-ish complexion in her official art for Fates, cuboon gives a less, I don't know, not pale skin color to the character's art he has done which include Kagero, Olwen, Palla, Reinhardt, and Tana. At least with Tana you could say it's because her summer self is in the sun and being a pegasus knight probably means she's outside more than her pasty brother Innes.

On 7/22/2020 at 2:24 AM, Humanoid said:

Not knocking the art - indeed it's probably the best one of recent times - but I probably wouldn't have recognised it as being Olwen without someone telling me.

Now announce Dire Thunderblade for next month's batch of refines and I'll buy. 😛

Same thing with me. When I saw the thumbnail on the notification board, it almost made me think we were getting a new hero, but that made no sense. I had to look at the other heroes, but I think with just the thumbnail being a close-up of her face, she could pass for Ayra, Karla, Kjelle, or Larcei.

On another note, I really want to see another Cordelia, Lon'qu, or Karla introduced; another low defenses, but high defenses melee infantry. We are getting all these fast sword infantry with good attack and decent defenses, but we haven't gotten anyone who dumped their defenses for attack and I guess HP. To "waste" as much stats as possible, suppose this unit has 49 HP which leaves around 123 stat points for their other stats. Suppose they 35/40 offenses like Karla and that leaves 48 stat points left and just divide it so they don't have a "high" defensive stat and they would get a stat spread of 49 HP, 35 Atk, 40 Spd, 24 Def, and 24 Res. Lowering the defenses to 22 like Lon'qu would give 4 more points to play around with and they could have a stat spread of 49 HP, 37 Atk, 42 Spd, 22 Def, and 22 Res. That would be pretty fun if they had some stupid ass damage reduction skill on their prf in addition to having Close Call/Repel/Spurn/whatever or maybe a unique special that reduces damage against units at any range.

Hopefully we get a lance infantry with L&D3 on their weapon. Would be stellar if they were the demote like the crazy demotes of Reinhardt, Ares, and kind of Altena.

Huh, I was not expecting Fallen Heroes on a skill banner this soon. Corrin+Perceval sharing blue is certainly tempting, but my orb supply is pretty tight right now... Maybe if I don't end up spending much or anything on the legendary banner. It'll be around for a while, even past the start of the upcoming seasonal banner, so I guess there's a while to make the decision.

48 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Since Fallen Lyon and Fallen Corrin were reran today already, I hope Fallen Ike gets one soon too. xP

Hmm. It looks like skill banners could be challenging for him: he's currently the only unit in the regular summoning pool with an Oath skill, and one of just two with a Breath skill. There are several units with "Close Call"-type skills, but for them to do one of those and not have it be all red, we'd have to wait at least a couple of months for Kris F or a later unit to become a skill banner candidate. They could go with a legendary banner instead, although red slots on those are tight and July is already full on red units. So maybe something like a Voting Gauntlet or TT or BHB banner?

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Hmm. It looks like skill banners could be challenging for him: he's currently the only unit in the regular summoning pool with an Oath skill, and one of just two with a Breath skill. There are several units with "Close Call"-type skills, but for them to do one of those and not have it be all red, we'd have to wait at least a couple of months for Kris F or a later unit to become a skill banner candidate. They could go with a legendary banner instead, although red slots on those are tight and July is already full on red units. So maybe something like a Voting Gauntlet or TT or BHB banner?

What? Really? Wow. It doesn't sound like he'll be rerun anytime soon at all then. Unless IS wants to force him on a legendary/mythic banner regardless of the demand for red on them. This really sucks.

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What? Really? Wow. It doesn't sound like he'll be rerun anytime soon at all then. Unless IS wants to force him on a legendary/mythic banner regardless of the demand for red on them. This really sucks.

They could cheat a little and either put him on a new Heroes with Luna banner (he does have Luna in his base kit) or a new Stance skill banner (since the -Breath skills branch off of the -Stance skills).

That, or have a more broad banner like the Cooldown Bonuses one that had Mia (Flashing Blade), Nephenee (Wrath), and Brave Ike (Steady Breath).

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

They could cheat a little and either put him on a new Heroes with Luna banner (he does have Luna in his base kit) or a new Stance skill banner (since the -Breath skills branch off of the -Stance skills).

That, or have a more broad banner like the Cooldown Bonuses one that had Mia (Flashing Blade), Nephenee (Wrath), and Brave Ike (Steady Breath).

I don't really see them cheating... But that second idea seems plausible, yeah.

I expect a Feh Channel this week, mainly to give us info about the 6-month anniversary (and maybe CYL info).

Would be nice if they announce a Book 2 weekly revival, since we got the 20ty banner of the rotation this week and next week is when usually we get the six months event, so would be a nice time to start it. I don't believe it will happen, but would be nice.

6 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I expect a Feh Channel this week, mainly to give us info about the 6-month anniversary (and maybe CYL info).

Would be nice if they announce a Book 2 weekly revival, since we got the 20ty banner of the rotation this week and next week is when usually we get the six months event, so would be a nice time to start it. I don't believe it will happen, but would be nice.

Being able to save for Karla would be nice.  I am mostly wondering about the newest set of refines. My feathers wonder about Cecilia and (highly unlikely since staff unit) Priscilla. 

I also am keeping so many units around because I am waiting for an HM cap increase. I am maxed out right now and could use a boost of 1000 or even better, 2000 feathers per unit.

Kicking out the Book 2 pitybreakers from the CYL banner would be nice, yes. Looking at the list of them now and of the ones I don't already have, I don't want any of them.

But yeah, refines are the last thing left this month for me to look forward to. Really hopeful for Cecilia, especially as I've recently done a stocktake and see I have 1300 dew and 2300 stones to spend.

Personally, I'm looking forward to finding out about any possible Grand Hero Parties this August. The original lineup was the same time last year, and I really want Astram to get another rerun so I can get him to +10 for just 1350 grails.

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Book 2 revivals would be nice, but only in addition to Book 1. I really like having Book 1 revivals around. They've helped me max out multiple legacy characters, and I still have plans to do so with several more.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

That, or just demote book 1 5-stars already and give us book 2 5-stars in rotation.

I would be fine with some of the Book 1 being demoted. I understand why some of them are 5*, but no point to have Heroes like Sanaki, Mist and Luke there as well. Just keep some in the 5* pool, like Hector, Takumi and the CYL 1 units, and put them alongside the Book 2 rotation.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I would be fine with some of the Book 1 being demoted. I understand why some of them are 5*, but no point to have Heroes like Sanaki, Mist and Luke there as well. Just keep some in the 5* pool, like Hector, Takumi and the CYL 1 units, and put them alongside the Book 2 rotation.

Luke is an exceptionally bad case of "why the fuck is he even 5-star anymore", imo. Characters like Lyn and Lucina don't deserve 5-star rarity as units or fodder anymore, but I could see why they're still there -- because they're still popular even now. And I agree that the CYL units shouldn't be demoted, I probably wouldn't demote Sigurd and Ayra either.

But Luke ... man. He isn't popular, he never was popular, and his best fodder has been given out on free units and as the 4-star unlock too. Having a personal brave sword isn't enough to keep him 5-star locked either. Why is he there?

Demoting some of the Book 1 5*s while having the others join the Book 2 units in a new weekly rotation could split the difference nicely. Anyone pre-CYL1 not named Hector, Takumi, or Amelia seems safe enough, and I think that'd let them keep the rotation at 20 weeks since the number of red units in the rotation, the limiting factor, would stay at 20.

I'm not optimistic enough to expect that, but it doesn't seem too outlandish.