Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

There is a chance that the post-CYL4 New Heroes banner could be Valentia because of a pattern they've had going with the BHBs starting with the Sigurd & Lewyn one: 

Heir of Light (1/9) -> Sigurd & Lewyn BHB (1/19)
Lyn & Florina BHB (2/10) -> The Dread Isle (2/17)
Harmony amid Chaos (3/6) -> Edelgard & Dimitri BHB (3/19)
Journey Begins (4/8) -> Ryoma & Sakura BHB (4/22)
Dark Burdens (5/8) -> Fallen M!Robin & Fallen F!Corrin BHB (5/16)
Mirabilis and More (6/5) -> Stahl & Sully BHB (6/17)
Heroes, Light and Shadow (7/20) -> Y!Tiki & Nagi BHB (8/3)
Forsyth & Python BHB (8/11) -> ???

That, or the upcoming Forsyth & Python BHB is just there to fill space in the Special Map schedule.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

FIve more months and basically five games to make a banner with. I would argue 3H's next banner might be January.

Hmmm...maybe. Even though CYL4 ended up being all Three Houses characters I can still see that game getting another proper New Heroes banner in November or December even just for the sole purpose of having a banner full of popular characters to bait people before the Christmas/New Year seasonal banners.

6 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Trying to look ahead and predict which games might be on New Heroes banners in the future, especially since the banners after August should start being influenced by CYL4 results. Personally I hope the next few new heroes banners end up going to Tellius, Three Houses, Genealogy's Gen 1 cast or even Tokyo Mirage Session since they could all use an opportunity for more of their characters to get added. The New Heroes banners of June, July and potentially this month has drained me of my orbs and I am hoping for banners that I can safely ignore so I can save up orbs again.

Really the only game that can threaten my orb saving plan is Echoes (also Fates but they are unlikely to get another new banner this year) since it is currently the second game behind Tellius that has gone the longest without a New Heroes banner and there are still plenty of characters from that game that I like that they could still add (Luthier, Zeke, Tatiana, even a Valentian Palla if they wanted to). Though hopefully they hold off on the next Echoes new heroes banner and dedicate some of their characters already in the game to other banners like Halloween perhaps.

FE9, Three Houses, and FE4 Gen 1 are certainly my hopes for three of the four remaining Book 4 chapters, although who knows if the pirate banner could throw a wrench into the last of those three.

FE2 is in an odd state of having the smallest number of missing playable characters now, at 8: Luthier, Zeke, Tatiana, and Mycen for Alm's route, and Kamui, Atlas, Deen, and Nomah for Celica's route. They could wrap that up with two New Heroes banners, although I think they're more likely to mix in others like Palla and some of the witches, and introduce some of them as seasonals. Either way, I don't think it's a priority just yet.

The other games that last got attention in late 2019 are FE8, FE6, and FE5, which I think are also probably not their highest priorities right now. That in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if the last Book 4 chapter revisits FE7 or Fates, since those still have some notable options.

6 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

There is a chance that the post-CYL4 New Heroes banner could be Valentia because of a pattern they've had going with the BHBs starting with the Sigurd & Lewyn one: 

Heir of Light (1/9) -> Sigurd & Lewyn BHB (1/19)
Lyn & Florina BHB (2/10) -> The Dread Isle (2/17)
Harmony amid Chaos (3/6) -> Edelgard & Dimitri BHB (3/19)
Journey Begins (4/8) -> Ryoma & Sakura BHB (4/22)
Dark Burdens (5/8) -> Fallen M!Robin & Fallen F!Corrin BHB (5/16)
Mirabilis and More (6/5) -> Stahl & Sully BHB (6/17)
Heroes, Light and Shadow (7/20) -> Y!Tiki & Nagi BHB (8/3)
Forsyth & Python BHB (8/11) -> ???

That, or the upcoming Forsyth & Python BHB is just there to fill space in the Special Map schedule.

If anything, that seems to me like evidence against another FE2 banner anytime soon. All of those are following their respective New Heroes banners, so I'd expect September to get a BHB themed to its New Heroes, while Forsyth/Python isn't following something connected to its theme at all. So either way, it's breaking the pattern.

Although I guess it's possible that they're using that slot to get ahead of the pattern to account for an upcoming month with two New Heroes banners?

I didn't see this documented anywhere, but the last update added English voice lines for Say'ri (although the Japanese VA is still credited in the non-Japanese versions).

If we are getting five more New Hero banners with five more story chapters, then I hope the games they cover next are Path of Radiance, Genealogy Gen 1, Sacred Stones, Binding Blade, and Echoes. Three Houses is obviously missing a lot since it's the newest game in the franchise, but those other games have gone longer without a banner. TH can wait until after those five.

Part of me wonders if they would have the guts to drop Dive Bomb 4 on a CYL4 unit which probably would have to be Claude. I can't imagine the chaos and outrage from people who just summoned for pirate Tibarn only to be met with Dive Bomb 4 being introduced immediately after.

Anyway, I can't find it in myself to want to summon on the Hero Fest or upcoming pirate banner. Part of it is because of CYL4 and the other is my barracks space issue is increasingly becoming stupid with what feels like no way out other than increase barracks size which itself is kind of dumb to me because 775 slot spaces is already way too damn much. Every time a GHB or TT unit lands, it's another unit to has to stay in case for F2P strategies and every time a 5* or new 4* or 3* demote I didn't already have shows up, it's another space getting occupied. Everything else is keeping units with different assets and being paralyzed on which to choose.

There are two units I have know I want to get rid of, but they have to wait until the September update when CYL2 units get their ability to refine their weapon. CYL Celica showed up twice as +Spd on her debut banner with the difference being the first was -HP and the second -Def. I made the -HP one the base and kept the -Def just because. I don't really care that much about being able to inherit Galeforce, Death Blow 4, and Atk Tactics 3 all at once onto someone, but I can't get rid of her yet. She's around 200-some SP away from 400 SP and a month away from being able to get whatever the hell Royal Sword's unique refinement ends up being exactly -- all we know is that it has an after combat heal and Special Spiral-like effect. Do that and merge her into the base one and I'd save myself 400 SP that could be put to use for other skills. CYL Ephraim first showed up as +Atk, -Res which is nice and then a second showed up as +Def, -Spd. Player phase armors are possible, but enemy phase is easier. Considering Garm's unique refinement has the 7 HP heal per attack, perhaps he might need that much bulk, but raw bulk is still better and his isn't as good as Forsyth's much less Sol Lance healing 10 HP per attack unlike 7 HP for the other prf weapons with the same effect or 5 HP for the inheritable ones introduced in the Glorious Gifts banner.

770/775 units. Darros takes up one space since I'm making the 4* one a manual which I started doing about a month ago to make space because goddamn. One dastard needs to be sent to the Shadow Realm for me to be able to do a full summon without having to go back to my godforsaken barracks.

Edited by Kaden

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Part of me wonders if they would have the guts to drop Dive Bomb 4 on a CYL4 unit which probably would have to be Claude. I can't imagine the chaos and outrage from people who just summoned for pirate Tibarn only to be met with Dive Bomb 4 being introduced immediately after.

I am hesitant at foddering Special Heroes for skills since they are so limited. The only reason I felt comfortable sacrificing a lot of BB!Lyns was because I had enough copies to get her to +10, and still have a lot of leftover from trying to get the perfect nature for BB!Cordelia back then. If CYL Claude has it, I feel much more comfortable foddering him though.

Dive-Bomb is a bit niche in my opinion, so I do not feel compelled to summon him just to fodder him for Dive-Bomb.

Edited by XRay

4 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

If we are getting five more New Hero banners with five more story chapters, then I hope the games they cover next are Path of Radiance, Genealogy Gen 1, Sacred Stones, Binding Blade, and Echoes. Three Houses is obviously missing a lot since it's the newest game in the franchise, but those other games have gone longer without a banner. TH can wait until after those five.

I feel like it'd be unnecessarily restrictive for them to always do the games that have gone longest without a banner, even if those aren't the games most in need of more representation. What happens when FE2 runs out of playable characters entirely? 

7 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I might not know who the best Resplendent Hero is, but I now know who is the worst.

You kidding, man? She looks beautiful! Might finally buy Feh Pass for her!

Eirika looks too cutesy and I'm not into the fairies. Even if I subscribed to the FEH Pass (which I don't), I'd skip her even if she's one of my favorite characters.

That outfit could work for TMS and for some reason, it also made me think of Kingdom Hearts. Olwen, Eirika, and an unknown. I wonder who's next?

Edited by Kaden

I don't mind the fairy theme, and I swore to myself that I'd buy a month of FEH pass for Eirika and Tailtiu, guess this makes 1 out of 2 unless they come back to back (too unlikely). 

Very disappointed as an Ephraim fan and Eirika hater.

But I do love her outfit, I admit, so I'm actually kinda conflicted here...

Edited by Anacybele

32 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Well, I hope they don't go for dokklfar with Ephraim for synergy. That would look really bad on him. 

That would be lovely.

I think if we ever get a male character using attires from those realms, they will probably have something similar to Freyr's attire.