Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

this pretty much. I slap close foil on ranged units with high def and low res. they have no business fighting dragons in the first place. Close Counter is decent on ranged units that have mixed bulk like Norne.  Close Foil is also very decent on units that have lowish Def, it patches that up. I would arguably say that Close Foil is miles ahead then Close Counter in terms of usefulness. Close Counter really was only viable on a selected few units.

Pretty much. 

Norne's got enough spd/res that even though she can't hit back. she's not iin danger of dying to any dragon that she can't hit back and then she can take care of them the next turn. Distant/Ward/Distant Foil (as mentioned) is kinda weird. but I think personally i'd be popping Distant Foil on someone who shouldn't be facing dragons anyway (I know someone who has Distant Foil on Edelgard and she's crazy with it.). 

though i've been seeing a LOT of people giving it on units with mehish defense too i think beacuse it gives about 5 extra defense points it does allow some squishier units to take that one hit, then get obliterated on the counter attack

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Isn't Close Counter better than Close Foil? And regardless, Kaze doesn't want to go against physical units, which most melee units are. His Def is bad.

I didn't realise that. 🙂
I just also wanted to say - again since it's such a good bow/skill. it would be nice just in case to have if that archer you like Shinon? came into the game with a low rarity with great bulk to use it or something but i totally understand wanting to merge up your favourites irregardless of the fodder. Favourites trump Fodder.  🙂

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I didn't realise that. 🙂
I just also wanted to say - again since it's such a good bow/skill. it would be nice just in case to have if that archer you like Shinon? came into the game with a low rarity with great bulk to use it or something but i totally understand wanting to merge up your favourites irregardless of the fodder. Favourites trump Fodder.  🙂

Yeah, but I don't know if that's gonna happen with Shinon. And yeah, I like Midori enough to merge her instead of fodder her.

How many Banner spaces we got in the last update?

Spoiler

On Gamepress, it says 13 spaces... but it doesn't match in my math here...

1. BHB revival 5 (Aug 6th)
  2. BHB revival 6 (Aug 7th)
  3. Pirate Banner (Aug 7th)
  4. BHB revival 7 (Aug 8th)
  5. Weekly Banner (Aug 9th)
  6. BHB revival 8 (Aug 9th)
  7. New Power (Aug 10th)
  8. BHB revival 9 (Aug 10th)
  9. Forsyth and Python BHB (Aug 11th)
  10. BHB revival 10 (Aug 11th)
  11. BHB revival 11 (Aug 12th)
  12. BHB revival 12 (Aug 13th)
  13. BHB revival 13 (Aug 14th)

We still have at least a Weekly Banner coming on August 16th, so that's 14 banners. And I wouldn't be surprised if they make a Double Special this week as well.

The data in this update ends on August 17th, with the next banner being on August 18th (probably).

Edit: I decided to put in spoilers, because... why not. lol

Edited by Diovani Bressan

NEW RECIPES! NEW RECIPES!

They added two new ingredients! I completed the cook book months ago, so finally I can go back to show off my cooking skills!

21 minutes ago, Jave said:

NEW RECIPES! NEW RECIPES!

They added two new ingredients! I completed the cook book months ago, so finally I can go back to show off my cooking skills!

Yeah, I am planting a ton of Tomatoes over the next few weeks. Now I am just waiting for the Spices to catch up in quantity.

Still trying to figure out how to get stuff to 5* easily, but the chances of getting single ingredient dish to 5* seem rather low no matter what Secret Ingredient you use. The 3 and 4 ingredient dishes seems to have a much higher 5* rate when you use Choice/Gourmet ingredients.

Edited by XRay

I did my planting last week before the tomatoes were added and I didn't get any spices this week, so I can't do any new recipes yet, but I just planted all tomatoes so I'll be able to start this month's cooking next week. 

CYL is begins on the 18th so the detailed banner trailer will be on the 17th. So when can we expect the second Feh Channel to drop and other than the Brave banner and the features of the update what else do you think it can talk about? 

Edited by SuperNova125

11 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

CYL is begins on the 18th so the detailed banner trailer will be on the 17th. So when can we expect the second Feh Channel to drop and other than the Brave banner and the features of the update what else do you think it can talk about? 

The detailed banner trailer will probably be either 28 or 52 hours before the banner launches. So in my timezone (Eastern time), that's shortly before midnight on either the 15th or 16th. Probably the 16th, since the 15th is Saturday and I think the usually avoid those.

This means the Feh Channel should be up by Saturday, so it could be either tonight, tomorrow night, or Friday night. Which one is anyone's guess.

IIRC, past CYL Feh Channels have tended to be pretty focused on CYL. They're probably a pretty good frame of reference.

Today I got my two free Sothis. Since they're both neutral, I haven't decided if merging or saving one for fodder. Time's Pulse is crazy tempting to give to someone.

42 minutes ago, Jave said:

Today I got my two free Sothis. Since they're both neutral, I haven't decided if merging or saving one for fodder. Time's Pulse is crazy tempting to give to someone.

Tell me about it. I got one (with a spd flaw) that I'm just chomping at the bit to have someone inherit Time's Pulse off of. But I'm holding off on doing so, since she is my only one of late.

Saw a live event from the Nintendo mobile channel while scrolling through YouTube. I don't know Japanese but seeing Fehnix during the middle of August makes it pretty obvious that this is the second Feh Channel that was mentioned earlier this month. It is in about 22 hours from now. Is that the case? 

Edited by SuperNova125

3 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Saw a live event from the Nintendo mobile channel while scrolling through YouTube. I don't know Japanese but seeing Fehnix during the middle of August makes it pretty obvious that this is the second Feh Channel that was mentioned earlier this month. It is in about 22 hours from now. Is that the case? 

Talking about this? Apparently it's a general FE retrospective and they explicitly say it won't have any new FEH news.

37 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Talking about this? Apparently it's a general FE retrospective and they explicitly say it won't have any new FEH news.

Perhaps, well not knowing Japanese and being thirsty for info doesn't help. I wonder why it's Japanese only. 

Edited by SuperNova125

26 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Perhaps, well not knowing Japanese and being thirsty for info doesn't help. I wonder why it's Japanese only. 

Translating live, unscripted, conversational chatter on the fly is no easy task.

3 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

The Serenes Forest page says that "there will be NO new information related to Fire Emblem Heroes" in this livestream.

Since all  cast in this stream are Three Houses VAs (Takehito Koyasu, Fehnix's VA, is also Seteth's VA in 3H), I expect something like "what is your opinion about FE after one year since the release of 3H" and talk about FE in general.

8 minutes ago, Rinco said:

If we were to get a surprise Feh Channel tonight, how many hours from now would it be? Just for me to get the time frame right. 
I think tomorrow is more likely than today, tho.

A little under 3.5 hours from now assuming it's the same time they post banner trailers.

19 minutes ago, Rinco said:

If we were to get a surprise Feh Channel tonight, how many hours from now would it be? Just for me to get the time frame right. 
I think tomorrow is more likely than today, tho.

It wouldn't be much of a surprise, it's like a 50% chance.

But yeah, about 3 hours now.

39 minutes ago, Rinco said:

"Surprise" in the way that they do not announce it before releasing it.

Ahh, okay.

That seems to be just how they do most Feh Channels nowadays.

ieWh9Cz.png

WcC0H4E.png

I put together a chart showing out the rate of adding new characters to Heroes has varied over time. I think it's pretty interesting.

I defined separate characters based on the CYL classifications, of who had their votes merged and who didn't.

Edited by Othin

I was doing my daily arena with the free matches and I don't have any swords however, out of habit I bought 3 matches using an orb. At least some the damage will be mitigated from the Rokkr Sieges. However, the worst thing is that none of the matches were good scoring. 

2 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

I was doing my daily arena with the free matches and I don't have any swords however, out of habit I bought 3 matches using an orb. At least some the damage will be mitigated from the Rokkr Sieges. However, the worst thing is that none of the matches were good scoring. 

You can buy some Arena Crests with My Nintendo points.