Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just because Tharja completely outclasses Raigh on player phase does not mean Raigh should use his weak exclusive tome if they want to use Raigh as a player phase nuke.

If a player wants to use the best red Blade mage, they should not use Raigh and instead use Tharja.

BH!Lyn should still use Brave Bow over Mulagir regardless of how well other player phase nukes perform, since this is not about whether a player should use one unit over another, but it is about whether a unit should use Brave Bow over their exclusive Weapon.

Unless the player explicitly does not want to use other nukes, the alternatives are a factor that should be considered.

The guy with the +10 Lyn has already made a decision, that he will try both weapon and see which one he prefers. There's no longer any point in discussing the latter and disregarding the former.

Edited by Baldrick

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Chaos Ragnel stacks with Unity A slots. I wonder if that means that if he has a -7 Atk debuff and he meets the conditions he receives 33 Atk (7*2 + 7*2 +5) so effectively +26 Atk (33 - 7). That's crazy, definitely will hunt down the Spd/Res version of the skill for F.Ike and maybe will save one for Freya when she arrives. 

Would it be worth giving B!Claude Bracing Stance 3 intead of his usual Fury 4? I was considering giving him Cancel 3 in the B skill due to his insane healing, but having it in the A slot means trading 4 atk/spd for no HP treeshold (idk if I wrote the word correctly). Also, if I could change his asset to +Atk, what would be his better flaw?

51 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I wonder if that means that if he has a -7 Atk debuff and he meets the conditions he receives 33 Atk (7*2 + 7*2 +5) so effectively +26 Atk (33 - 7).

Yes, it definitely would, just like how Bonus Doubler, Exalted Falchion, and the Bonus Doubler status effect all stack with each other.

4 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Would it be worth giving B!Claude Bracing Stance 3 intead of his usual Fury 4? I was considering giving him Cancel 3 in the B skill due to his insane healing, but having it in the A slot means trading 4 atk/spd for no HP treeshold (idk if I wrote the word correctly). Also, if I could change his asset to +Atk, what would be his better flaw?

What phase are you using ANF!Claude in? Player phase, enemy phase, dual phase? Bracing Stance is only active on enemy phase, and so it would not make sense to use Bracing Stance if you want to use ANF!Claude as a dual phase unit.

I do not think Cancel Affinity is necessary since I do not see Raven mages with Triangle Adept a lot.

Again, what Trait you pick depends on what phase you want to use him in. Personally, I would not bother with changing his Trait since he can pity break you in the future to fix whatever Flaws he has, and while having the ideal Asset is good, I do not think it is necessary. If the 5* exclusive unit is a Special, Legendary, or Mythic Hero, I think using a Trait Fruit is a bit more reasonable since those units do not come around often or are more difficult/expensive to snipe for those units, but I would not bother using Fruits on regular 5* units.

27 minutes ago, XRay said:

What phase are you using ANF!Claude in? Player phase, enemy phase, dual phase? Bracing Stance is only active on enemy phase, and so it would not make sense to use Bracing Stance if you want to use ANF!Claude as a dual phase unit.

I do not think Cancel Affinity is necessary since I do not see Raven mages with Triangle Adept a lot.

Again, what Trait you pick depends on what phase you want to use him in. Personally, I would not bother with changing his Trait since he can pity break you in the future to fix whatever Flaws he has, and while having the ideal Asset is good, I do not think it is necessary. If the 5* exclusive unit is a Special, Legendary, or Mythic Hero, I think using a Trait Fruit is a bit more reasonable since those units do not come around often or are more difficult/expensive to snipe for those units, but I would not bother using Fruits on regular 5* units.

I think "Cancel" was supposed to be "Guard", due to the talk about having it in the A slot.

Just checked the wiki and Guard is called Cancelar in the Spanish version, so that checks out. It's also Cancel in Japan so I guess it's a more faithful translation if anything.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Sorry, I meant Guard (it is translated as ‘Cancel’ in Spanish). I’m not sure if I’d be using him dual phase, as I tend to play almost always using Enemy Phase builds 🤔

Just now, Javi Blizz said:

Sorry, I meant Guard (it is translated as ‘Cancel’ in Spanish). I’m not sure if I’d be using him dual phase, as I tend to play almost always using Enemy Phase builds 🤔

For Enemy Phase, I would go with the following if he is not needed to counter melee enemies:

+Spd
Wing Parthia
Reposition — Swap
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Spd/Def Unity — Spd/Res Unity — Steady Posture — Swift Stance
Dull Ranged — Guard
Atk/Spd Rein — Panic Smoke — Pulse Smoke
Swift Stance — Steady Posture — Iote's Shield

Since ANF!Claude is pretty fast, he has less need for Guard compared to a slow tank. If he is not getting doubled, enemies are much less likely to trigger a Special against him. If you still want Guard somewhere on his build, I would move it to the C slot as Pulse Smoke, as that will help him deal with enemies with precharged Specials too.

For his A slot, I lean towards Unity, but Stances are fine too if you really want to keep Guard in the build with Atk/Spd Rein. As a Spd tank, his most important stat is Spd in my opinion, as avoiding doubles means he will be taking less damage overall, so I would make sure most or all of his skills boost Spd.

I would also try to balance his bulk, so if you are running Steady Posture or Spd/Def Unity on this A slot, I would run Swift Stance on his Sacred Seal slot. He will need Iote's Shield if you need him to go against archers though.

22 hours ago, Arhuhamel said:

Thank you, also, i have a question, what is the best male swordmaster character tô invest? (The grail ones) To put astra and distant counter, right now i only have Navarre and Lon'qu

Either Astram or Rutger. Astram has higher BST, but Rutger can run Distant Counter and Spurn pretty well. Astra isn't that great of a special since it takes so long to charge, but I guess Navarre could spam it with his refine, Special Spiral, and Time's Pulse. 

Actually Time's Pulse doesn't work that way so probably Draconic Aura if you want to run that type of set.

Edited by LoneStar

11 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

Actually Time's Pulse doesn't work that way so probably Draconic Aura if you want to run that type of set.

Time's Pulse does not work with Special Spiral, since Special Spiral will always give 2 cooldown counts after combat and Time's Pulse only works when there are no cooldown counts.

The best uses of Time's Pulse in my opinion are to allow Galeforcers use a non-Slaying Weapon; combo it with a Slaying Weapon and have nukes spam Moonbow/Ruptured Sky; or combo it with a Slaying Weapon and Wrath to spam Luna.

6 hours ago, XRay said:

For Enemy Phase, I would go with the following if he is not needed to counter melee enemies:

+Spd
Wing Parthia
Reposition — Swap
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Spd/Def Unity — Spd/Res Unity — Steady Posture — Swift Stance
Dull Ranged — Guard
Atk/Spd Rein — Panic Smoke — Pulse Smoke
Swift Stance — Steady Posture — Iote's Shield

Since ANF!Claude is pretty fast, he has less need for Guard compared to a slow tank. If he is not getting doubled, enemies are much less likely to trigger a Special against him. If you still want Guard somewhere on his build, I would move it to the C slot as Pulse Smoke, as that will help him deal with enemies with precharged Specials too.

For his A slot, I lean towards Unity, but Stances are fine too if you really want to keep Guard in the build with Atk/Spd Rein. As a Spd tank, his most important stat is Spd in my opinion, as avoiding doubles means he will be taking less damage overall, so I would make sure most or all of his skills boost Spd.

I would also try to balance his bulk, so if you are running Steady Posture or Spd/Def Unity on this A slot, I would run Swift Stance on his Sacred Seal slot. He will need Iote's Shield if you need him to go against archers though.

Dismissing Guard on a unit that cant prevent automatic follow ups is asking for trouble, even if its a fast unit. Especially when planing to use him as a Tank in AR, which Claude has good potential. But you definitly need Guard in some form or manner and Pulse Smoke to deal competently with Infantry Pulse Teams that have Bramimond or any other kind of autofollow-up attacker. Pulse Smoke alone will not allways cut it.

Btw there is no Spd/Def Unity in existence, neither is SPD/Res Unity in existence, only Dimitris Atk/Def Unity exists. If you meant Forms, than that depends on the Team composition, because it restricts the placement of 3 of your allies heavy.

For PVE it really doesnt matter much.

27 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I have been thinking, do enemy OCs have coded level 40 stats before they get added to the game? Or does every chapter change their stats? I am wondering what what Freyr and Freya have according to the game at level 40.

All units have base stats and growth rates. The game uses those to determine what their stats should be at a given level, both for ally and enemy units. However, OCs that initially appear as enemies may have a different set of base stats and growth rates than the one that will be used for them as playable units. For example, Surtr's stats were much higher as an enemy. So looking at the stats Freyr and Freyja have in their current chapters won't tell us what they'll have as playable characters.

54 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I have been thinking, do enemy OCs have coded level 40 stats before they get added to the game? Or does every chapter change their stats? I am wondering what what Freyr and Freya have according to the game at level 40.

Yeah, they do have general stat spreads (according to Gamepedia, they're obtained by reading the unit's data in /assets/Common/SRPG/Enemy/ and no, don't ask me what that means. In the case of these two, they have:

Freyja: HP 40, Atk 38, Spd 44, Def 24, Res 22, Total 168
Freyr: HP 41, Atk 40, Spd 16, Def 32, Res 40, Total 169

And I suppose I'll also list the spreads for the other NPC enemies: 

Veronica: HP 41, Atk 35, Spd 22, Def 29, Res 21, Total 148 lol Gen 1 stats
Bruno: HP 33, Atk 29, Spd 35, Def 22, Res 25, Total 144 lol Gen 1 stats
Gustav: HP 42, Atk 37, Spd 26, Def 35, Res 22, Total 162
Triandra: HP 38, Atk 34, Spd 35, Def 16, Res 22, Total 145
Plumeria: HP 39, Atk 38, Spd 18, Def 16, Res 34, Total 145

Edit: The above stat spreads are exactly what each character will have when the appear in a map that sets them as a Lv. 40 5*. However, if they're a Lv. 40+ 5*, then they'll have additional points added to their spread. In Freyr's case for example, he gets +3 HP, +4 Atk, +1 Spd, +3 Def, and +4 Res in his appearance in the last map of Chapter IV-10.

Edited by Tybrosion

39 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Dismissing Guard on a unit that cant prevent automatic follow ups is asking for trouble, even if its a fast unit. Especially when planing to use him as a Tank in AR, which Claude has good potential. But you definitly need Guard in some form or manner and Pulse Smoke to deal competently with Infantry Pulse Teams that have Bramimond or any other kind of autofollow-up attacker. Pulse Smoke alone will not allways cut it.

Outside of armors, the only automatic ranged follow-ups I see are Yune and Bramimond. I do not remember seeing a lot of ranged armors, although they do pop up from time to time. Yune can be one shotted with effectiveness and Moonbow, so she is not really big deal. Bramimond is common though, so I guess Guard is good to help counter him.

Being able to preserve stats and use bonus buffs with Unity is a pretty big deal in my opinion, as the unit is essentially immune to Panic for two stats and can take advantage of both in combat buffs and bonus buffs.

36 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Btw there is no Spd/Def Unity in existence, neither is SPD/Res Unity in existence, only Dimitris Atk/Def Unity exists. If you meant Forms, than that depends on the Team composition, because it restricts the placement of 3 of your allies heavy.

Outside of Steady Posture, those skills do not exist yet, but I am mentioning them anyways since I expect them to come out relatively soon over the next year.

5 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

When Atk/Spd Unity comes, that will be a great skill for my Catria. Great synergy with her weapon.

when Distant Unity comes it will replace all Distant Counter skills

If anyone cares, sukwindallinrush and apparently KumaTheta will be using CYL Dimitri for their guides. Like Pheonixmaster1, sukwindallinrush made a poll and CYL Dimitri won for both of their polls. sukwindallinrush's post on this: https://www.youtube.com/post/UgwhEXotbo29B6ACUr94AaABCQ.

I cannot read Japanese and Google Translate does not always give the most accurate translations, so I don't know exactly if さるGames is doing or did a fun poll to see who people picked as their free CYL4 unit or it is a poll on who should be used for guides. If it's the latter, then this would be interesting as CYL Edelgard was leading in votes.

Edited by Kaden

38 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I cannot read Japanese and Google Translate does not always give the most accurate translations, so I don't know exactly if さるGames is doing or did a fun poll to see who people picked as their free CYL4 unit or it is a poll on who should be used for guides. If it's the latter, then this would be interesting as CYL Edelgard was leading in votes.

Not 100% sure, but it sounds like the former and they're picking Edelgard as their free unit and Lysithea as their spark.

51 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Not 100% sure, but it sounds like the former and they're picking Edelgard as their free unit and Lysithea as their spark.

That could still lead situation where one of them gets used for guides if either remains neutral or unmerged because otherwise, three other guide makers are using CYL Dimitri and さるGames I think would not have him.

So who do we think will get the next resplendent? And do we think that any kind of theme rotation is still in order after they skipped Embla and inserted Hel & Fairy themes? 

Anyway, if rotation holds and the next is Nifl, I'm going to guess Catria will be our next one. If it doesn't hold, I'm going to throw Raven, Celica, and Lucina as ones that just feel right. I'm probably way off the mark as ever.