Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Resplendents I'd like to see:

Ljosalfheimr Elincia - She'd fit a fairy outfit PERFECTLY. She's so beautiful and would look so cute in it.

Ljosalfheimr Mist - She'd look super cute in this too! I'd also say Mist could pull off Dokkalfheimr as well. I like her and want to see her join her brother in the resplendent club.

Askr Titania - Greil Mercs are always great and I just feel like she'd fit this best.

Muspell Ephraim - Because Ephraim is awesome and he's already got Fire for his legendary hero element.

Muspell or Askr Frederick - Frederick likes fire, but he also said the Askr garb is striking. And of course, I absolutely love him. XD

Embla Soren - Yeah, this would work for him, I think. I'm not a huge fan of Soren, but he ought to join his best friend in this club.

Nifl Oscar - Oscar's not a cold dude at all, but I feel like he'd rock this attire and I'm not sure we're going to get many guys in Nifl garb anyway.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

12 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

It wouldn't feel great for people who invested in Marthed Mask with the assumption he was the same in terms of performance as Lucina to suddenly have Lucina become clearly better. I mean, sure, Lucina is a lot harder to +10 and that, but a lot of Masks would have been built up with premium fodder and all that with the assumption of losing nothing except enforced neutrality.

It would feel worse for people who invested in Lucina to have her never get a Resplendent as a result of that. 

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

It would feel worse for people who invested in Lucina to have her never get a Resplendent as a result of that. 

Wonder if it'd be too generous to give the stat boost to both at the same time. Whether with or without the ability to change the art of both to the (presumable) one piece of new art. It's not like handing out one extra grail unit with zero fodder would be that generous. And people might have two of their AA teams boosted instead of one, doesn't seem a big deal either.

Just now, Humanoid said:

It wouldn't feel great for people who invested in Marthed Mask with the assumption he was the same in terms of performance as Lucina to suddenly have Lucina become clearly better. I mean, sure, Lucina is a lot harder to +10 and that, but a lot of Masks would have been built up with premium fodder and all that with the assumption of losing nothing except enforced neutrality.

Hmm... Now with Trait Fruits, Masked Marth can be considered better than Lucina because being easier to +10 and being free as well... But if Lucina gets a Resplendent Attire, she will be superior in stats.

Well, not everyone have a high merged Lucina, and even if she gets a Resplendent I am not sure if I would recommend investing on a Lucina now.

And for players that prefered to invest on Masked instead of OG Lucina, they were able to use the orbs that would go for Lucina in others heroes so they are not losing anything.

7 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Wonder if it'd be too generous to give the stat boost to both at the same time. Whether with or without the ability to change the art of both to the (presumable) one piece of new art. It's not like handing out one extra grail unit with zero fodder would be that generous. And people might have two of their AA teams boosted instead of one, doesn't seem a big deal either.

I think they'd be more likely to give them separate Resplendents over time. 

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

As cool as Alm looks here, I'm disappointed it isn't a colorless unit. 😕 When are we going to get a colorless resplendent? Heck, any other color would've been better than red right now. There are so many red ones already.

Yeah, I feel the same. Rebecca, Klein, Mist, Felicia, Gaius, Gordin, Kagero, Sakura, Elise, Matthew...there's no shortage of colorless options from Book I, and all of them could use it.

5 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Yeah, I feel the same. Rebecca, Klein, Mist, Felicia, Gaius, Gordin, Kagero, Sakura, Elise, Matthew...there's no shortage of colorless options from Book I, and all of them could use it.

Don't forget Niles!

He'd be my second pick after Takumi, personally. 

...ah, forgot there was supposed to be a new Resplendent announced. I only remembered when I logged into the game and got Eirika.

...oh dear. Alm gives me a grab bag of feelings. On the one hand, yay one of my earliest and still oft used +10 units is getting a spotlight and boost! On the other, the fact is that I already +10ed him, and I have very few units who want Windsweep right now. Maybe one of the base Byleths, but otherwise I'll just have an Alm book gathering mold. In my head, there are now 8 Red Resplendent heroes out of the currently existing 15 (counting Alm), and 6 of them are Swords. I know we had an overabundance of Swords in the early days of Feh, but come on.
And in my wallet... well, there goes another ten dollars...

29 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

In my head, there are now 8 Red Resplendent heroes out of the currently existing 15 (counting Alm), and 6 of them are Swords. I know we had an overabundance of Swords in the early days of Feh, but come on.

Yup, and we still have Marth, Seliph, Sigurd, Chrom, Lucina, and M!Corrin all waiting for their Resplendents. Oh and if you want to include prominent and/or popular non-lords, then we also have (at minimum) Caeda, Ayra, Eldigan, Mia, Elincia, Olivia, and Ryoma as potential Resplendents too (I'd include Joshua and Xander if we knew for certain if grail units are eligible for Resplendents).

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Yup, and we still have Marth, Seliph, Sigurd, Chrom, Lucina, and M!Corrin all waiting for their Resplendents. Oh and if you want to include prominent and/or popular non-lords, then we also have (at minimum) Caeda, Ayra, Eldigan, Mia, Elincia, Olivia, and Ryoma as potential Resplendents too (I'd include Joshua and Xander if we knew for certain if grail units are eligible for Resplendents).

...oh god, and knowing intsys those people aren't even close to the last possible Resplendents, if freaking Olwen has anything to say on the matter...

So I'm levelling DanielJorge in FB at the moment and his 😬 face in his attacking art makes me wince every time I see it. Dunno why but it makes me feel especially uncomfortable for some reason: it's definitely not a good look but there's plenty of other bad faces around and they don't have the same effect. I wish we could override which picture is shown on each screen. I have no problem with his neutral art.

And yeah, I keep thinking he's called Daniel because he has a Cyril-esque obsession with saying the name.

Edited by Humanoid

I just realized something EXCITING!!! At least for me and players who like Dancers/Singers anyway. Assuming the pattern holds true, the next Special Hero Focus should be one with Duo Heroes. And if the next Special Heroes Focus is the Dancer/Singer Special Hero Focus, then that would like CRAZY AMAZING!!! I am hoping for a Duo Hero Dancer/Singer with a Duo Skill that Dances/Sings to the entire team! IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES!!!

Traps, Tactics Room (D), BB!Fjorms? What are those things again? Who cares!!!

YOU get a Galeforce! YOU get a Galeforce! And YOU get a Galeforce! Even Dancers/Singers get a Galeforce! EVERYONE GETS A GALEFORCE!!!!!!

FE!Edelgard can "Galeforce" AGAIN without being "Danced/Sung to" directly.

Armor units can move like infantry, infantry and fliers can outrun cavalry, and cavalry can travel the full width of a map from East to West or vice versa in a single turn.

Edited by XRay

37 minutes ago, XRay said:

I just realized something EXCITING!!! At least for me and players who like Dancers/Singers anyway. Assuming the pattern holds true, the next Special Hero Focus should be one with Duo Heroes. And if the next Special Heroes Focus is the Dancer/Singer Special Hero Focus, then that would like CRAZY AMAZING!!! I am hoping for a Duo Hero Dancer/Singer with a Duo Skill that Dances/Sings to the entire team! IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES!!!

Traps, Tactics Room (D), BB!Fjorms? What are those things again? Who cares!!!

YOU get a Galeforce! YOU get a Galeforce! And YOU get a Galeforce! Even Dancers/Singers get a Galeforce! EVERYONE GETS A GALEFORCE!!!!!!

FE!Edelgard can "Galeforce" AGAIN without being "Danced/Sung to" directly.

Armor units can move like infantry, infantry and fliers can outrun cavalry, and cavalry can travel the full width of a map from East to West or vice versa in a single turn.

It probably won't be the entire team. So far, only Harmonic Heroes have had unlimited range, and those are still limited by game. I also wouldn't expect it to work on other dancers. But I could see something like, 3x3 radius dance for non-dancer allies. That'd still be pretty big.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

It probably won't be the entire team. So far, only Harmonic Heroes have had unlimited range, and those are still limited by game. I also wouldn't expect it to work on other dancers. But I could see something like, 3x3 radius dance for non-dancer allies. That'd still be pretty big.

Hm... That is true. Maybe I should hope for Harmonized Hero Dancers/Singers instead because they have UNLIMITED range!

The game restriction would suck, but you can duplicate common roles across most games. With enough Harmonized Dancers/Singers across all games, a Heroes player phase team and an Awakening player phase team should not be all that different from each other in terms of play style. I think the game with the most unique playstyle might be Thracia because they have a ton of Brave mages, and like half of them are freaking FLYING DANCERS/SINGERS which is like totally awesome, and they get a freaking ranged cavalry Brave archer that can GALEFORCE like a total badass.

But yeah, Duo Dance/Sing in a small area would still be pretty bonkers.

Huh, I didn't even know Harmonised heroes got different abilities to each other, I just glossed over it assuming they'd all be the same except for the restrictions on the units they affect.

Unless they change it so that clicking the button ends your turn, it's hard to see any multi-dance ability being allowed on them. Even if it was restricted to only adjacent allies, it probably wouldn't be too hard to refresh two, then run off and manually refresh the third ally on the same turn. I think I'd prefer to see the inverse: the Duo ability inflicts isolation on the enemy team for the next turn.

31 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Huh, I didn't even know Harmonised heroes got different abilities to each other, I just glossed over it assuming they'd all be the same except for the restrictions on the units they affect.

Unless they change it so that clicking the button ends your turn, it's hard to see any multi-dance ability being allowed on them. Even if it was restricted to only adjacent allies, it probably wouldn't be too hard to refresh two, then run off and manually refresh the third ally on the same turn. I think I'd prefer to see the inverse: the Duo ability inflicts isolation on the enemy team for the next turn.

Yeah, all Duo/Harmonized Heros got different Duo/Harmonized skills from each other.

And by default I believe, the game does not let allow auto end turn if you still have a Duo/Harmonized skill available for use, since the Duo/Harmonized Hero still have an "action" left to use.

If you got the Orbs to spend, I highly recommend getting Duo/Harmonized Heroes since a lot of them are just so fun to use. My personal favorites are TSOIA!Palla due to her raw power and BB!Micaiah for Counter-Vantage. PP!Veronica is also really strong dual phaser and she basically got limited Impact/Wary Fighter.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah, all Duo/Harmonized Heros got different Duo/Harmonized skills from each other.

And by default I believe, the game does not let allow auto end turn if you still have a Duo/Harmonized skill available for use, since the Duo/Harmonized Hero still have an "action" left to use.

If you got the Orbs to spend, I highly recommend getting Duo/Harmonized Heroes since a lot of them are just so fun to use. My personal favorites are TSOIA!Palla due to her raw power and BB!Micaiah for Counter-Vantage. PP!Veronica is also really strong dual phaser and she basically got limited Impact/Wary Fighter.

Yeah, I mean they'd have to make an exception and forcibly end that unit's turn when the Duo skill is used to prevent them dancing again (manually) on the same turn. Unless of course the special Duo dance is the only dance they have access to and their assist slow has to be a regular Rally or Movement assist.

I've got a decent lineup of Duos now with Palla, Ephraim and now Alm (who I'm yet to level). I will be trying for Micaiah and Byleth when they're re-run. I'm a bit reluctant on Harmonics though as I suspect I'll never remember to field them in the correct teams that can actually benefit from the buff. That, and I will always follow the PM1 guide for Resonant Battles, so using a Harmonic would put me into a different Interval from the guide, which might cause issues.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

That, and I will always follow the PM1 guide for Resonant Battles, so using a Harmonic would put me into a different Interval from the guide, which might cause issues.

I still use his guides, but a lot of his units can be easily replaced with Harmonizers. Even if I cannot copy his strategy exactly, the mode is still relatively easy that I can figure the rest out myself, especially with how overpowered Harmonizers are in terms of raw combat performance.

I run double PP!Veronicas and they can tank and oftentimes kill stat inflated units, so it makes hunting down thieves a lot easier without having to worry about your hunter suddenly dying. I would still have PP!Veronica avoid certain red units, but she can generally take care of herself as long as you remember to pop her skill.

14 minutes ago, XRay said:

I still use his guides, but a lot of his units can be easily replaced with Harmonizers. Even if I cannot copy his strategy exactly, the mode is still relatively easy that I can figure the rest out myself, especially with how overpowered Harmonizers are in terms of raw combat performance.

I run double PP!Veronicas and they can tank and oftentimes kill stat inflated units, so it makes hunting down thieves a lot easier without having to worry about your hunter suddenly dying. I would still have PP!Veronica avoid certain red units, but she can generally take care of herself as long as you remember to pop her skill.

Yeah, the individual guides for any given week can easily accommodate for a Harmonised hero to be subbed in. But someone ending up a few intervals above PM1 due to the extra points may end up finding the strategy unsuitable due to the extra enemy stats. Still a minor factor overall though, granted, but I've wound back my commitments to the game in general and am essentially putting in minimal effort in all modes at the moment. e.g. 3x Auto-dispatch AR a week, one run at all Coliseum modes a week, just hitting the 50k points in TTs, etc. I go straight to guides without trying stuff by myself, I don't read any text in story modes, any dialogue in Forging Bonds, or anywhere else for that matter. This kind of thing is cyclical to an extent but trending downwards in general - you can model my interest like a sine wave that's slightly tilted downwards.

At any rate, I most certainly can't afford to go for all Duos and all Harmonics, as orbs are very tight now due to the extra spending from sparking banners. I barely ever did serious summoning on New Heroes banners, but that has changed, even if it's only every second one (as there are still plenty of New Heroes banners where I'm not interested in any of the units). In terms of orb budgeting it probably works out pretty neatly: spark every two months, and try for a Duo hero on the double seasonal banners on the other months.

Edited by Humanoid

Personally, my duos so far are Hector, Ephraim, Alm, and Micaiah. They're fun, but I've been finding diminishing returns on the novelty, and I've been losing interest in going for non-demote seasonals. Maybe one of these months a Harmonic will show up from a free summon or from getting forced out of color when I'm going for a demote, but I'm in no hurry.

I could also see myself going for a Harmonic on a Double Special Heroes banner if they're paired with someone else sufficiently exciting, like Mia with Dorothea or Tibarn.

And yeah, an Isolation Duo is something I've been hoping for, that's a Duo ability I'd actually find tempting.

...What is this Voting Gauntlet? I don't understand the theme. It just looks to me like IS wanted an excuse to throw the new brave units into one. Also, it seriously disappoints me that Fallen Ike is not in this when there are few ways he could be rerun as it is. He wouldn't fit on a skill banner and definitely not a new power banner, and I don't think he'd fit on a BHB banner anytime soon either.

At the same time though, I can live with him not being here, since I want my current orb stash for the legendary banner (and perhaps more than I know). But I just...don't understand this theme. The new brave units and a few fallen characters and it's called Brave Reprisal? What?

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

But I just...don't understand this theme. The new brave units and a few fallen characters and it's called Brave Reprisal? What?

The Japanese name is apparently something like "The Brave Hero and the Darkness" so the name at least makes more sense there.

But even with that in mind, yeah this theme is very random and just in a confusing way. Also for some useless trivia, this is the second year in a row where Fallen Berkut is featured in a CYL-related VG.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

The Japanese name is apparently something like "The Brave Hero and the Darkness" so the name at least makes more sense there.

But even with that in mind, yeah this theme is very random and just in a confusing way. Also for some useless trivia, this is the second year in a row where Fallen Berkut is featured in a CYL-related VG.

I see. That does make a little more sense.

But yeah, exactly. The point still stands anyway. But it is what it is, and even though I'm pretty sure Edelgard is going to win, I'm joining Claude.

Edited by Anacybele

I was expecting something like CYL 3 Vs. CYL 4, or CYL 4 Academy Phase Vs War Phase. I was surprised when I started the game and saw the banner.

Anyway, i created the topic if you guys want to share your thoughts which army you guys will support: