• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

TMS was far more fun than this game ever was for me. And setting aside the uniqueness of FE gameplay, which I do like, TMS was personally more fun than Three Houses too.

The same on Kain/Alva/Robert. Some people are still just plain acidic when it comes to TMS, the time for that passed in the weeks after June 24th 2016.

I'd also say some other mainline FE characters who do have a lick of personality, are less deserving of entry than TMS characters. Aran, Laura, Gareth, Devdan, Vika, Macellan, maybe Chulainn (he's filler-y), Barret, and definitely Brigand Boss and Memebot Jorge. Now mind you, a few of the characters named above could leverage a rare weapon/class type to compensate for little personality- Vika and Aran definitely could. I'm not saying the TMS cast is amazing beyond belief, but against the very bottom of the mainline FE barrel? There is no reason they can't triumphantly contest that.

I'll add that I wholly support adding the "little guys" to FEH, I'll throw a cheer if Frost or Conomor or Zelot gets in. It isn't like TMS would prevent many of the little guys from getting into FEH either, there are only 10 hero characters in TMS. And Barry I would be fine with leaving out, middle-aged magical girls-liking otaku is a little creepy even if it's supposed to be silly; as I would the mostly nonexistent TMS villains though some of their visual designs might be exotic. But I don't see having the other nine heroes with the occasional alt as being a grand theft of character slots.

This is pretty much how I feel. I find the reactions towards TMS to be over-the-top ridiculous, and it's baffling that so many years after the fact some people still hold such a grudge against the game. I'm all for including as many characters as possible in FEH, but the early games (read: the Kaga games) are filled with so many nobodies that I can't say I'll lose any sleep if most of them never make it to FEH.

And yeah, a second TMS banner can have Touma, Yashiro, Maiko and Tiki. Barry is not a character I'm crazy to see show up in FEH either.

3 minutes ago, Jave said:

This is pretty much how I feel. I find the reactions towards TMS to be over-the-top ridiculous, and it's baffling that so many years after the fact some people still hold such a grudge against the game.

Yeah, god forbid people just don't have interest in the idol stuff that TMS has going on, right? 😕

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, god forbid people just don't have interest in the idol stuff that TMS has going on, right? 😕

Not being interested is one thing. Some people seem to have a ridiculous obsession with TMS that I say borders on unreasonable hate.

5 minutes ago, Jave said:

Not being interested is one thing. Some people seem to have a ridiculous obsession with TMS that I say borders on unreasonable hate.

Okay then, fair. It just felt like you were calling out anyone that had any form of disinterest in the game. My mistake.

Fine, I guess I have to say it straight up.

I don’t hate TMS and never did. I simply just don’t want to see more of it in FEH because it’s a spinoff that simply isn’t a Fire Emblem game except in name (and even then the name is barely in the game’s title). 

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Fine, I guess I have to say it straight up.

I don’t hate TMS and never did. I simply just don’t want to see more of it in FEH because it’s a spinoff that simply isn’t a Fire Emblem game except in name (and even then the name is barely in the game’s title). 

and yet for some people it has enough fire emblem elements for them to be represented in Heroes. everyone's  favourites deserve to be in the game, regardless if the game that person's favourite comes from is a spinoff.

What actually bugs me (and bugged me when TMS was first added, of course), is that TMS was allowed in, but Warriors still hasn't been. I've wanted Darios and Lianna for some time as well as a Guardian Knight Freddy alt. Freddy is one of the few characters in FE Warriors to get an entirely new look because he previously could not promote and I LOVE his Guardian Knight armor.

I guess Rowan could be TT or demote or something. He's lame, but I don't think you could have his sis and Darios without him, so...

But anyway, FE Warriors is way more FE than TMS is, so why haven't we seen those characters yet?

Edited by Anacybele

The only FE crossover I'd like to see is with Etrian Odyssey.

... You may think that I'm joking, but I'm really not. Even though I have no idea how it would even work, I want it so bad.

25 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

The only FE crossover I'd like to see is with Etrian Odyssey.

... You may think that I'm joking, but I'm really not. Even though I have no idea how it would even work, I want it so bad.

There is one giant problem here. FE has permadeath, and the Game Over screen ends up knowing you like a spouse in Etrian on the hardest difficulties. 

Then there is the simple dungeons of SoV being fairly repetitive and lacking in strategy, not a good thing yet it's the closest we currently have to what dungeon crawling meets FE is like.

I feel if there were to be an EOxFE crossover, it'd want to play the labyrinth like a giant SRPG map, but make the battles take place on smaller slices of that great map and thus closer to a JRPG. This sounds difficult to make happen though. When a battle isn't happening, your characters move much more quickly as one unit, thus removing the tedium of shuffling everyone where you want to go, they only become split up individual units on separate tiles when a battle is initiated. And we'll probably have to ditch permadeath, not that thats a true concern.

FOEs... cavalry and fliers will find a major use heading for the "exit" on a battlefield and rescuing the slowpokes to it when you come face to face with the terrible Death Mantis. Or if we want to be really strategic, the Knights can bait the FOE while the Cavaliers activate a switch to go further in the labyrinth or to flank the FOE for a powerful strategic attack of some kind.

Considering Persona Q did away with create-your-own-characters, I'd say the same for FEQ (for now that'll be its name), the love affair of FE with reclassing since Shadow Dragon provides an opportunity for the installation of the EO class system to an extent. Bringing in existing FE characters instead of OCs would be better for marketing.

As for the narrative. Do recall EOV and the Fetid Necropolis, that Stratum was host to a great war long ago that left it a polluted land of the dead. If a Stratum could have that, then entire FE armies can fit inside a Yggdrasil. That'd be an alright premise for the story.

All I could ask for is playable pandas in an FE game, and Dark Hunters, Wildings, Imperials and EO Necromancers would be cool too.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

There is one giant problem here. FE has permadeath, and the Game Over screen ends up knowing you like a spouse in Etrian on the hardest difficulties. 

Then there is the simple dungeons of SoV being fairly repetitive and lacking in strategy, not a good thing yet it's the closest we currently have to what dungeon crawling meets FE is like.

I feel if there were to be an EOxFE crossover, it'd want to play the labyrinth like a giant SRPG map, but make the battles smaller and closer to a JRPG. This sounds difficult to make happen though. When a battle isn't happening, your characters move quickly as one unit, thus removing the tedium of shuffling everyone where you want to go, they only become split up individual units on separate tiles when a battle is initiated. And we'll probably have to ditch permadeath, not that thats a true concern.

FOEs... cavalry and fliers will find a major use heading for the "exit" on a battlefield and rescuing the slowpokes to it when you come face to face with the terrible Death Mantis. Or if we want to be really strategic, the Knights can bait the FOE while the Cavaliers activate a switch to go further in the labyrinth or to flank the FOE for a powerful strategic attack of some kind.

Considering Persona Q did away with create-your-own-characters, I'd say the same for FEQ (for now that'll be its name), the love affair of FE with reclassing since Shadow Dragon provides an opportunity for the installation of the EO class system to an extent. Bringing in existing FE characters instead of OCs would be better for marketing.

As for the narrative. Do recall EOV and the Fetid Necropolis, that Stratum was host to a great war long ago that left it a polluted land of the dead. If a Stratum could have that, then FE armies can fit inside a Yggdrasil. That'd be an alright premise point for the story.

All I could ask for is playable pandas in an FE game, and Dark Hunters, Wildings, Imperials and EO Necromancers would be cool too.

Modern FE offers casual mode alongside classic mode, so I imagine that casual mode will be your friend. Or if they're going to commit to EO-level difficulty, they might as well just use EO-style death mechanics.

I imagine that a potential FE/EO crossover may want to use existing characters, yeah. Since EO's protagonists are all avatar-type characters with no established personality (outside of the Untold story modes), it could be FE-style characterization with EO-style gameplay with a story somewhere in between?

Necromancers in FE would be ... kind of interesting. Would they get more powerful the more units die on the battlefield? Maybe they could act as pseudo-healers and revive dead allies too if they died on that map. Also, the Camus of this game could be an Imperial, since the class as a whole are kind of Camuses anyway.

It looks like we're getting a dance banner like we thought.

And if we're going off of TMS, one of the silhouettes looks like Touma (though along that logic, it also looks like Sylvain from 3H...and I'd really love a dancer Sylvain in FEH).

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

We just got Summer Sylvain, no way he's going to be on this. Also, two seasonal alts before he gets a regular version? Please no, I want Lance of Ruin Sylvain...

B-But the meeeeemes!

Being serious though, I agree. Honestly, I'm getting equal Eliwood/Ninian and Sigurd/Dierdre vibes from this one.

I... honestly don't see why TMS#FE should be hated.

I tried to play it once, but it was in the end days of my using the Wii U and got boxed with the rest of my Wii U stuff. Not like it was a bad experience or anything, I just couldn't stay interested for long enough and I forgot to keep playing. But at the end of the day, a spin-off is still a part of the series. Plenty of series these days have spinoffs that are just as popular as the main series games.

I'm with @Anacybele on the FE Warriors thing though. Even if there isn't a whole lot to lift from FEW, mostly just lots of Sword Infantry when you think about it, it's still a FE game that deserved more rep than two series of event maps that spawned what we now know as the special training maps.

On 8/31/2020 at 6:41 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Altena and Athena? Arthur Artur Arthur (only in localization tho)? Dean and Dean? Claud and Claude? Should I add Lucia and Lucina b/c though they're pronounced differently they're only one letter apart? Kurthnaga and Kurth and Naga? Aran and Arran? Lugh and the weapon Lughnasadh?

Selena from The Sacred Stones was also added in the recent Beach Banner a while ago while Fate's Selena was still in the game.

I'm still kinda wondered why the localization team had to change Ulster to Scáthach since Ulster had been used in Awakening unlike Lachesis and Osian (who were Raquesis and Orsin only used in Awakening) and they haven't been made retconed localize it to change Ulster's name and even remove Ulster's name in Larcei's conversation in Heroes before version 4.8.0 update came up? I still find that bit strange.

Edited by King Marth 64

Just now, Hilda said:

well at least it makes Armorers easier to use in PVE content and it was high time. I dont see the harm of it.

Oh I totally agree, I am very glad we're getting things like March, Phantom Res and other different skills. 

its kinda sad that D!Sigurds weapon alone basicly packs a Totally built up Leo inside lulz ._.

Has the same BST with 147 (ok 1 point higher) and can Dance other allies. I mean you could just delete Leo from the game at this point lulz ._.

4 minutes ago, Hilda said:

its kinda sad that D!Sigurds weapon alone basicly packs a Totally built up Leo inside lulz ._.

Has the same BST with 147 (ok 1 point higher) and can Dance other allies. I mean you could just delete Leo from the game at this point lulz ._.

Implying that Leo was ever useful at any point, ever. ._.