Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

6 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Implying that Leo was ever useful at any point, ever. ._.

Leo was usefull at the launch of the game and the predominants of Bladetomes and cavs.

I remember his personal Tome basicly rendering Armors not being able to move at all, until they fixed that (or changed the oversight)

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

I remember his personal Tome basicly rendering Armors not being able to move at all, until they fixed that (or changed the oversight)

What? I don't remember anything like that.

41 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

so (and i suck at math)... it looks like just by playing without being top tiers in all competitive modes - you should be able to change the IV of a unit every 3-4 months. 

If you're getting 3 per week each from Arena, Resonant, and Mjolnir's Strike, that's 9 per week, which works out to about 39 per month. With an average of 1.5 Forging Bonds per month, 8 fruits from each means another 12 fruits. That adds up to an average of about 51 per month, so you can do it about every two months.

I'd been putting my expectations at every three months, so I'll call this a win.

Even knowing how long it'll take to change just one trait, and here's hoping they're a little loose on the trait fruit pouch with events, is it weird I'm having a blast just looking at all the possible ways I could retrait my units?
If I were to change my +Res +1 merge Annette to a +Atk trait, she'd get +5 Attack!

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

If you're getting 3 per week each from Arena, Resonant, and Mjolnir's Strike, that's 9 per week, which works out to about 39 per month. With an average of 1.5 Forging Bonds per month, 8 fruits from each means another 12 fruits. That adds up to an average of about 51 per month, so you can do it about every two months.

So every 100 Trait Fruit is about the equivalent of 160,000+ Feathers, since we get about 20,000+ Feathers per week.

If players want to change their Traits on a 5*+10 unit from the 3*/4* pool, changing it via Feathers is the way to go. Makes no sense to spend two months' worth of gameplay to accomplish something that can be done with 1 week's worth of gameplay.

Trait Fruits should basically be reserved for only 5* exclusive units at max merges and Grail units. 5* exclusives not at max merges might be okay too if the player does not plan to get any more copies of the unit.

Datamine notes [SPOILERS]

Next Limited Hero Battles

Spoiler

Aversa GHB: Blazing Blade, 1 dancer
Tiki & Nowi BHB: Genealogy and Thracia, no dancer yup
Gharnef GHB: Echoes, 1 dancer
Seliph & Julia BHB: Heroes, no dancer

Last one is presumably Marth LHB, but the data for it isn't present in this update.

Frontline Phalanx stuff

Spoiler

Quests for the 100 Trait Fruits + 6 summoning tickets (3 each) for two banners (probably Performing Arts and Splendid Soiree)

There will be bi-daily GHB re-runs each with a quest rewarding a 4* of the GHB unit. They are:

Travant: 9/15 - 9/17
Heath: 9/17 - 9/19
Flame Emperor: 9/19 - 9/21
Iago: 9/21 - 9/23
Ashnard: 9/23 - 9/25

Future Arena and AR Bonus Heroes

Spoiler

Arena: starting 9/15 and until 10/05
Duo Sigurd, Dancer Quan, Dancer Ethlyn, Dancer Lachesis, Dancer Eldigan, Kempf, Hana, Azama, Legendary Celica, Anna
Wind/Water/Light/Dark -> Wind/Fire/Astra/Anima -> Fire/Earth/Light/Dark

AR: starting 9/22 and until at least 9/28
Yune, Duo Sigurd, Dancer Quan, Dancer Ethlyn, Dancer Lachesis, Dancer Eldigan, Summer Rhys, Summer Lorenz, Legendary Lucina, Anna
Bonus Structure: Catapult
Wind/Fire/Astra/Anima

Probable date for the New Heroes banner

Spoiler

the 18th

Mythic Hero Banner dates

Spoiler

9/30 - 10/06

TT Boss

Spoiler

is thankfully Arvis and not one of the new dancers. You can probably guess what the final map is.

Edited by Tybrosion

I really like how the trait change menu allows you to mess around with natures before having to commit to something, it helps to put into perspective if a unit will really get a massive boost out of the change or if it'll be something so minor that it really isn't worth spending 2~3 months of gameplay to get. 

For me, the menu helped me decide that there's not a lot to be won by giving a nature to W!Cecilia or F!Delthea so they'll stay at neutral as they perform pretty well as is. The difficult part will be deciding what to do with those -Atk units that have an Atk superboon like Duo Hector and Duo Ephraim, the stat swing for them is massive and I have no plans on merging them so it'd be a net plus to fix their natures, funnily enough OG!Lysithea is in a similar spot but I'll probably leave her with -Atk because -3 points is nothing for a one hit nuke and it ends up playing in her favor by letting her to avoid Bright Shrines in AR. 

Damn, I spent too many days without checking Hall of Forms so now I can't get the last day reward, so I'm missing out on 3 orbs.

Probably a hint that my interest in the game is slowing down.

50 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Datamine notes [SPOILERS]

Next Limited Hero Battles

Reveal hidden contents

Aversa GHB: Blazing Blade, 1 dancer
Tiki & Nowi BHB: Genealogy and Thracia, no dancer yup
Gharnef GHB: Echoes, 1 dancer
Seliph & Julia BHB: Heroes, no dancer

Last one is presumably Marth LHB, but the data for it isn't present in this update.

Frontline Phalanx stuff

Reveal hidden contents

Quests for the 100 Trait Fruits + 6 summoning tickets (3 each) for two banners (probably Performing Arts and Splendid Soiree)

There will be bi-daily GHB re-runs each with a quest rewarding a 4* of the GHB unit. They are:

Future Arena and AR Bonus Heroes

Reveal hidden contents

Arena: starting 9/15 and until 10/05
Duo Sigurd, Dancer Quan, Dancer Ethlyn, Dancer Lachesis, Dancer Eldigan, Kempf, Hana, Azama, Legendary Celica, Anna
Wind/Water/Light/Dark -> Wind/Fire/Astra/Anima -> Fire/Earth/Light/Dark

AR: starting 9/22 and until at least 9/28
Yune, Duo Sigurd, Dancer Quan, Dancer Ethlyn, Dancer Lachesis, Dancer Eldigan, Summer Rhys, Summer Lorenz, Legendary Lucina, Anna
Bonus Structure: Catapult
Wind/Fire/Astra/Anima

Probable date for the New Heroes banner

Reveal hidden contents

the 18th

Mythic Hero Banner dates

Reveal hidden contents

9/30 - 10/06

TT Boss

Reveal hidden contents

is thankfully Arvis and not one of the new dancers. You can probably guess what the final map is.

Well shoot. I already +10'ed Heath.

55 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Frontline Phalanx stuff

Reveal hidden contents

Sweet. This saves me 450 grails for Ashnard and Heath was one of my next candidates, so that'll be much appreciated.

3 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Well shoot. I already +10'ed Heath.

I usually get my GHB units to +9 then wait 6 months for the rerun for the final copy. It's interesting that they are rerunning all of those recent ones back to back like that.

6 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

I usually get my GHB units to +9 then wait 6 months for the rerun for the final copy. It's interesting that they are rerunning all of those recent ones back to back like that.

Yeah, with how much grails go up, this seems like the best bet. 450 grails can get the first 3 merges for another grail project.

Do wish they'd actually rerun tempest trial characters or something though. 950 grails for the last two merges is ridiculous. That basically gets a GHB unit to +7.

Edited by bottlegnomes

9 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Yeah, with how much grails go up, this seems like the best bet. 450 grails can get the first 3 merges for another grail project.

Do wish they'd actually rerun tempest trial characters or something though. 950 grails for the last two merges is ridiculous. That basically gets a GHB unit to +7.

Right, for units like Brunnya and kid Minerva I'd like to build them up, but they're super expensive. It doesn't help that I +10'ed some not so great Tempest units.

Bloody hell, being on holiday really kills any desire to check my phone, let alone play FEH. I think this is the worst I've ever done in VG, I probably left upwards of 2000 flags on the table. Somehow I started Infernal Corrin a few minutes before reset and following a guide, beat it 5 minutes after it expired. Still got the 4 orbs so that's neat I guess.

More GHB reruns is great, but man, where's Astram's third run?

Most of these aren't units I plan on merging, although I might do Ashnard at some point.

Interesting how the LMBs match three of the CYL2 units. Maybe the last one will be FE8?

Spoiler

I am really excited for the quests and the reruns. Free 100 fruits and perhaps extra chances to free pull Berkut or even Cordelias is great. Also Flame Emperor is my +10 project so a free merge is appreciated and I am slowly building Ashnard so he will be +5 now. What I am afraid is that they will treat these GHBs as their normal reruns (they are in the order which they arrived) and they will move on with GHB reruns. We will just have to wait for the calendar and see. Will the quests go live the same day as the Event? 

Also the distribution of IVcados is slow but nice at the same time, if I did the math correctly it should be about one trait change for every two months. If Frontline Phalanx is a monthly event then depending on the rewards that could change. 

6 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Is that really so? I have never even considered to +10 TTs as I knew they were expensive but that's really punishing. Perhaps the BHB reruns during anniversaries could have TT units. Units like Mininerva, Brunnya and Itsuki need more reruns. 

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:
  Hide contents

I am really excited for the quests and the reruns. Free 100 fruits and perhaps extra chances to free pull Berkut or even Cordelias is great. Also Flame Emperor is my +10 project so a free merge is appreciated and I am slowly building Ashnard so he will be +5 now. What I am afraid is that they will treat these GHBs as their normal reruns (they are in the order which they arrived) and they will move on with GHB reruns. We will just have to wait for the calendar and see. Will the quests go live the same day as the Event? 

Also the distribution of IVcados is slow but nice at the same time, if I did the math correctly it should be about one trait change for every two months. If Frontline Phalanx is a monthly event then depending on the rewards that could change. 

Is that really so? I have never even considered to +10 TTs as I knew they were expensive but that's really punishing. Perhaps the BHB reruns during anniversaries could have TT units. Units like Mininerva, Brunnya and Itsuki need more reruns. 

It doesn't sound like Frontline Phalanx will normally give any Trait Fruit, just a one-off set of quests.

And yeah, TT units typically require 9 extra copies to +10, which costs 2700 grails. In contrast, if a GHB unit gets rerun twice for a total of 5 free copies, so you only need to make 6 more, it only costs 1350 grails, half as much.

Although some of the GHBs seem to have trouble getting that much.

All the 2017-2018 GHBs have gotten at least two reruns, and we're starting a series of Party reruns for the 2020 ones, but looking over the 2019 ones, Panne, Haar, Cynthia, Kronya, Astram, Conrad, and Cormag are still stuck at only 4 free copies. Which is frustrating for me since both Kronya and Astram are units I'd like to merge, but I wouldn't want to go all the way to +10 in case they do get another rerun sometime.

At least this means Jorge might not get stuck for too long.

I currently have 7 grail projects complete or in progress (Ashnard, Astram, Aversa, Berkut, Black Knight, Michalis, and Naesala). So it will take me a good while to even have free trait fruits for any other purpose, and I'm assuming I'll have at least one more grail project by then.

I'd absolutely personally consider using 100 trait fruits over 20k feathers, if only because the versatility/need for trait fruits is so much lower. But that is predicated on having already finished retraiting all of one's grail projects; that's long term at best and never at worst.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Thinking about the implications of getting an FE4 Gen 1 seasonal banner right now. As much as I want the next FE4 banner to be Gen 1 New Heroes, it could be a bit odd to have two consecutive FE4 banners to both be Gen 1. So maybe instead, we'll get an FE4 Gen 2 seasonal banner in a few months, such as for New Year's or for Valentine's Day.

Alternatively, they could have it pull double duty by making it a combination FE4 Gen 2 + FE5 seasonal banner, to also throw FE5 fans a bone since it'll probably be even longer before the next FE5 New Heroes banner. It could feature Seliph, Julia, Leif, and Nanna, none of those have gotten seasonal versions yet. Maybe make Leif+Nanna the duo hero, and round out the banner with something like Julius and Mareeta?

The current schedule suggests that New Year's will get a Duo Hero and Valentine's Day will get a Harmonic, but who knows if things will shake up in the meantime.

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am using my first 100 Fruits on Bride Fjorm, to remove her -HP bane and make her +HP.

I dont have many units that I really need to change the IVs. Most of them are projects that I plan to get merges in the future.

Isolation bots seem like pretty good picks. My Fjorm and Mila are both neutral in their relevant stats, so it isn't as bad, but I'll probably make them some of my first few fruit projects since I use them all the time and it seems more significant than giving an asset to one of my grail units. Especially since even if I do get a duplicate of one of them, I'd be more likely to keep them for the moment so I can run double Isolation, rather than merging. (And I really don't expect a duplicate Fjorm in the foreseeable future.)

Fallen Lyon is still first in line, though, to fix his awful +Spd/-Atk trait.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Isolation bots seem like pretty good picks. My Fjorm and Mila are both neutral in their relevant stats, so it isn't as bad, but I'll probably make them some of my first few fruit projects since I use them all the time and it seems more significant than giving an asset to one of my grail units. Especially since even if I do get a duplicate of one of them, I'd be more likely to keep them for the moment so I can run double Isolation, rather than merging. (And I really don't expect a duplicate Fjorm in the foreseeable future.)

Yeah. Isolation bots can be fixed or improved a little bit now.

Another candidate for me is Aversa, to make her +HP as well.