Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Weird detail I just noticed: Seven units have B slot Dance skills that give an Atk bonus - Performing Arts Olivia with Blaze Dance and two each for its Atk/Spd, Atk/Def, and Atk/Res counterparts, but Olivia is the only one of the seven to have any levels of Blaze Dance. Lene and Groom Rafiel both have Gale Dance 1 > Firestorm Dance, Dancer Nephenee and Dancer Eldigan both have Earth Dance 1 > Caldera Dance, and Dancer Micaiah and Dancer Rinea both have Torrent Dance 1 > Fireflood Dance. Any of those six could have had Blaze Dance 1 as the first level instead, but none of them do. Wonder why.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Crazy idea: would it be considered a bad move for Shinon to have Brave Bow+ in his kit? 

Essentially trading the stat booster quality of the Double Bow for the high chance to quad / less chance for counterattacks. His def is a bit too low for me to tank comfortably, so the CC status of the Double Bow never seemed appealing... maybe that's just I've always seen archers as player phase nukes.

'm a filthy casual, but basing this off of how godly Midori was with a brave bow even with her crap speed ...  ( ngl, already done it out of shits n' giggles, and 'cause i have a few spare Kleins. ) 

13 minutes ago, kradeelav said:

Crazy idea: would it be considered a bad move for Shinon to have Brave Bow+ in his kit? 

Essentially trading the stat booster quality of the Double Bow for the high chance to quad / less chance for counterattacks. His def is a bit too low for me to tank comfortably, so the CC status of the Double Bow never seemed appealing... maybe that's just I've always seen archers as player phase nukes.

'm a filthy casual, but basing this off of how godly Midori was with a brave bow even with her crap speed ...  ( ngl, already done it out of shits n' giggles, and 'cause i have a few spare Kleins. ) 

It certainly doesn't hurt him to have the option, and the only real cost is 20k feathers. I think the only real question is how much benefit you're getting relative to any other Brave Bow archers you have. If he's your best fast one, sure, why not?

39 minutes ago, kradeelav said:

For standard player phase Desperation build, I would not switch to Brave Bow, since Double Bow is one of the few bows that actually rivals Brave Bow in raw power via raw stats and Slaying effect. Off the top of my head, the only other bows to do so are Bernadetta's Persecution Bow (raw stats and Desperation) and SK!Alm's Lunar Arc (damage scales with foe's Def). For player phase builds in general, Slaying Bow and its exclusive equivalents rival Brave Bow in power through Blazing-Special Spiral, while Firesweep Bow rivals Brave Bow in usefulness by doing a different role.

This should have been the bow ANF!Claude got instead of the Fart Parthia he has right now. Wind Parthia's player phase usability is heavily nerfed by the stupid healing effect, so despite being almost identical to Double Bow, Wind Parthia is kind of crap for player phase usage.

Calculator and Challenger List: against Hard List, both sides +10 with 6/6/6/6 bonus buffs, and challengers with Desperation have 1 HP.

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Shinon (5*+10 +spd -hp)  
Weapon: Double Bow  
Special: Ruptured Sky  
A: Brazen Atk Spd 4  
B: Desperation 3  
S: Brazen Atk Spd 3  

Shinon (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Brave Bow+  
Special: Luna  
A: Brazen Atk Spd 4  
B: Desperation 3  
S: Brazen Atk Spd 3  

Shinon (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Double Bow  
Special: Blazing Wind  
A: Life and Death 4  
B: Special Spiral 3  
S: Hardy Bearing 3  

- - - - - - -

39 minutes ago, kradeelav said:

If you want to turn him into a super tank, you will want to bring BH!Lucina along and give him either Luna (maximum damage output), Moonbow/Ruptured Sky (guaranteed damage output), and or Aether (sustainability).

21 minutes ago, Othin said:

It certainly doesn't hurt him to have the option, and the only real cost is 20k feathers. I think the only real question is how much benefit you're getting relative to any other Brave Bow archers you have. If he's your best fast one, sure, why not?

According to the calculator, Brave Bow-Brazen gives him 5 extra kills versus Double Bow-Brazen, so I do not think that difference is significant enough to be worth it.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Weird detail I just noticed: Seven units have B slot Dance skills that give an Atk bonus - Performing Arts Olivia with Blaze Dance and two each for its Atk/Spd, Atk/Def, and Atk/Res counterparts, but Olivia is the only one of the seven to have any levels of Blaze Dance. Lene and Groom Rafiel both have Gale Dance 1 > Firestorm Dance, Dancer Nephenee and Dancer Eldigan both have Earth Dance 1 > Caldera Dance, and Dancer Micaiah and Dancer Rinea both have Torrent Dance 1 > Fireflood Dance. Any of those six could have had Blaze Dance 1 as the first level instead, but none of them do. Wonder why.

IS be derps.

Well, in all seriousness, I think Eldigan with his ridiculous defenses would lean more towards earth/defense, while Micaiah and Rinea with their gentle personalities (and Micaiah's huge res stat) would lean towards being water. Not sure about Nephenee, though. At least, that's my only theory about it.

EDIT: As for Lene and Rafiel, well ... Rafiel literally can't fight (so lol attack) and Lene ... uh, has higher speed than attack? I don't know.

Edited by Sunwoo

8 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Shinon has 171 BST, Draug has 169.... OG Marth has 158 BST , dancing Lachesis has 157....

Guys, how many years it will be until we have dancing ranged flier with the BST of gen 1 armor (assuming the  game last that long) ? 

At this rate, a dancing bow/dagger flier would hit approximately that BST in Gen 7, while a dancing tome flier would hit it in Gen 8. If we keep getting a new gen each CYL, it could be as soon as two years from now, which I assume the game will still be around for.

You know, I only really pulled for f!Corrin because I wanted her fodder for my other characters, but man. She puts in so much work, I definitely want one to keep for the long term. I already have two, but neither have particularly great natures, so I'm definitely going for more when she comes back.

25 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

You know, I only really pulled for f!Corrin because I wanted her fodder for my other characters, but man. She puts in so much work, I definitely want one to keep for the long term. I already have two, but neither have particularly great natures, so I'm definitely going for more when she comes back.

Which one? Legendary?

I pulled legendary Corrin while going for Brammimond. Thought of her as just a decent consolation prize, but she's crazy good.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

Which one? Legendary?

I pulled legendary Corrin while going for Brammimond. Thought of her as just a decent consolation prize, but she's crazy good.

Legendary, yeah. Although I have Fallen female Corrin as well. Anyway, she definitely is crazy good. Tanks shit with her face and takes a very long time to die. She was able to live through quite a lot with healing support from Hot Springs Sakura in Abyssal.

I wonder what future FE7 banners might look like. Looking over the missing (and seasonal-only) units and their CYL4 scores:

• 111. Erk - 1,445
  • 114. Athos - 1,409
  • 143. Sain - 1,043
  • 188. Limstella - 803
  • 190. Guy - 793
  • 198. Sonia - 771
  • [243. Pent - 579]
  • 287. Kent - 457
  • 291. Nergal - 435
  • 292. Farina - 434
  • 317. Oswin - 390
  • 322. Merlinus - 379
  • 328. Wil - 365
  • [361. Louise - 293]
  • 370. Marcus - 278
  • 372. Dart - 275
  • 383. Harken - 256
  • 397. Isadora - 235

There's more, but those 18 seem like a good enough cutoff for now.

One thing that's striking is the gender balance. There's only a few female characters on that list, and the playable ones are all on the lower half. Wonder how they'll handle that.

Personally, I'd really like to round out the earlygame units with Kent/Sain/Erk, but I'm not sure how they'd finish a banner like that. Maybe Farina, plus Nergal as the GHB? Or they could continue the Navarre tradition and make Guy the GHB for that group, while Nergal gets saved to go with his morphs.

16 minutes ago, Othin said:

I wonder what future FE7 banners might look like. Looking over the missing (and seasonal-only) units and their CYL4 scores:

• 111. Erk - 1,445
  • 114. Athos - 1,409
  • 143. Sain - 1,043
  • 188. Limstella - 803
  • 190. Guy - 793
  • 198. Sonia - 771
  • [243. Pent - 579]
  • 287. Kent - 457
  • 291. Nergal - 435
  • 292. Farina - 434
  • 317. Oswin - 390
  • 322. Merlinus - 379
  • 328. Wil - 365
  • [361. Louise - 293]
  • 370. Marcus - 278
  • 372. Dart - 275
  • 383. Harken - 256
  • 397. Isadora - 235

One thing that's striking is the gender balance. There's only a few female characters on that list, and the playable ones are all on the lower half. Wonder how they'll handle that.

Personally, I'd really like to round out the earlygame units with Kent/Sain/Erk, but I'm not sure how they'd finish a banner like that. Maybe Farina, plus Nergal as the GHB? Or they could continue the Navarre tradition and make Guy the GHB for that group, while Nergal gets saved to go with his morphs.

Honestly, if IS wants to only take the list partly into regard, screwing over the male characters in comparison to female characters because they're afraid dudes won't sell even when they're more popular than the girls, then IS has tunnel vision and are dumb.

Like, at this point they've done banners with primarily male characters. I'm pretty sure if IS gave us a popular FE7 dude with a good kit, they'll sell pretty well even if it's just because of the skills. I really don't get why they insist on shooting themselves in the foot by giving a lot of demotes "meh" skills. It makes people want to pull less, not more, if one of the characters is a dud.

5 hours ago, Othin said:

• 111. Erk - 1,445
  • 114. Athos - 1,409
  • 143. Sain - 1,043
  • 188. Limstella - 803
  • 190. Guy - 793
  • 198. Sonia - 771
  • [243. Pent - 579]
  • 287. Kent - 457
  • 291. Nergal - 435
  • 292. Farina - 434
  • 317. Oswin - 390
  • 322. Merlinus - 379
  • 328. Wil - 365
  • [361. Louise - 293]
  • 370. Marcus - 278
  • 372. Dart - 275
  • 383. Harken - 256
  • 397. Isadora - 235

It pains me to see Isadora rank so low among the FE7 cast. She wasn't originally someone I paid much attention to, but in my last few playthroughs I REALLY dived into her supports, and I like her way more than I originally did. I'd go so far as to say she's one of the most underrated characters in all of Fire Emblem.

About future FE7 banners, I have a few thoughts. Ever since the introduction of Duo units, I've always felt like they have a perfect opportunity to do a "Lyn's Legion" banner and finish up that whole group with a Lyn + Florina duo, Sain, Kent, and Wil on the banner, with a Wallace/Lundgren GHB.
Another banner I think is possible is an Erk/Pent/Louise/Farina (substituting for Fiora) banner, with a Nergal/Sonia/Limstella GHB.
If I had to say what I think would be the NEXT FE7 banner, then I'm not really sure. I don't see them ignoring Erk or Sain for too much longer, those two seem to consistently be on the high end of FE7 requested characters.

There's something that's always bothered me about the main screen's touch conversations...

Many heroes frequently mention a Library within the Askr castle. Many also frequently mention using it to multiple levels of use.
But as far as I know, only one hero makes mention of the Library being off-limits, seemingly in response to something the summoner said: Siegbert.

Units both before and after Siegbert have used the library, so... why is Siegbert the only one who seems to not be allowed in there? Perhaps I'm missing something, perhaps the original line was mistranslated in some way, but... I dunno.

8 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

There's something that's always bothered me about the main screen's touch conversations...

Many heroes frequently mention a Library within the Askr castle. Many also frequently mention using it to multiple levels of use.
But as far as I know, only one hero makes mention of the Library being off-limits, seemingly in response to something the summoner said: Siegbert.

Units both before and after Siegbert have used the library, so... why is Siegbert the only one who seems to not be allowed in there? Perhaps I'm missing something, perhaps the original line was mistranslated in some way, but... I dunno.

Maybe the library has an off limits section?

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

This has bothered me as well, it seem like mages are allowed in there with no problems (looks at Lysithea's FBs as proof) and it seems like Innes at least was allowed to read Askr history books, but only Siegbert talks about the library and is told by the summoner he can't be there.  It does make me wonder if Siegbert was in a restricted part of the library (say where the history of other FE worlds are kept) and summoner kicked him out, but that was left out of the translation.

11 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Obviously Kiran is just trolling Siegbert.

35 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I actually see Mist getting more of a Nifl or Fairy resplendent

Well, Ike has a Muspel resplendent. Why not have his sister have one, too?

Although, Nifl or fairy/elf resplendent does fit her character more.

I’d opt for Eldigan to get a Muspel resplendent. Or, better yet, a Book 3 resplendent.