Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, XRay said:

You cannot have fun if you do not have the resources to build or do what you want.

The more rewards you get, the more fun you have. But to get more rewards, you need to put in more effort, which might result in you having less fun. So the point at which a player no longer considers putting in extra effort to be worth the extra rewards, is the point where the player is having the most fun.

There are no resources that you NEED to reach the top rank to get (you need to reach the highest ranks to get thrones/crowns, but they have no practical value so I don't consider them a resource).

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I thought Thany was Thea. Whatever. All the blue haired pegasus sisters look the same to me.

If you can't tell the difference, then Farina is still available.

36 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

So is this banner going to be the finale of Book 4 or will that be the December banner?

I'd like to make a Book 5 banner wishes thread at some point soon.

This is it for Book IV. They even specifically said so in the notes for Version 4.11.

Goddamn, fuck Merlinus's Heroic Ordeals. I went in to check if they would go easy on Mr. 20 Base Neutral Attack and nope. Berserk Ike, sweaty M!Corrin, and Minerva. Merlinus can some damage against Minerva and himself with the bonus and after refining Smoke Dagger, but the other two, he'll need someone else to deal with.

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Goddamn, fuck Merlinus's Heroic Ordeals. I went in to check if they would go easy on Mr. 20 Base Neutral Attack and nope. Berserk Ike, sweaty M!Corrin, and Minerva. Merlinus can some damage against Minerva and himself with the bonus and after refining Smoke Dagger, but the other two, he'll need someone else to deal with.

Interesting choice of Fallen Ike in his Ordeal... Fallen Ike is my Saizo's arch nemesis.

4 hours ago, Kaden said:

Well, at least they did not put Surtr in there!

13 hours ago, Kaden said:

Ima file a petition to IS so they change it to Brave Edelgard, Merlinus, Idunn and Brave Dimitri. Better?

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

...hm. I... have run out of Arena medals...

...huh. I did not think this would happen... at all.

Is that possible? Do you not play Arena everyday? Outside of Weapon Refinement, I am not sure what else they are used for.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

Is that possible? Do you not play Arena everyday? Outside of Weapon Refinement, I am not sure what else they are used for.

Basically just the 5 battles required of me every week, but it's not like I'm refining weapons all the time.

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Basically just the 5 battles required of me every week, but it's not like I'm refining weapons all the time.

I play every day to complete the quest for Feathers.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I play every day to complete the quest for Feathers.

The daily one? Does difficulty matter then? Cause I really don't wanna spend more time in the Arena than I need to for feathers and medals that I thought would never run out.

Eesh... wonder what it would take to make all the badges run out...

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

The daily one? Does difficulty matter then? Cause I really don't wanna spend more time in the Arena than I need to for feathers and medals that I thought would never run out.

Eesh... wonder what it would take to make all the badges run out...

Yeah, the daily one. I do not think the difficulty matters for the daily one. I am in Tier 19.5, so it is pretty easy.

I think running out of Arena Medals is an achievement in itself. Not sure if it is possible to run out of Badges.

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Yeah, the daily one. I do not think the difficulty matters for the daily one. I am in Tier 19.5, so it is pretty easy.

Yeah, I've bene tending to do Intermediate runs for the daily one anytime I have the high score I need for the week, or if don't need a high score in weeks where I'll have to drop a tier. It goes pretty fast.

I have 22.6k arena medals right now. Also about 1.5k refining stones, since I've been running out of relevant inheritable refinements and been tending to just find something to use them on when I need more dew. Which... hmm. Using those 1.5k stones would also require using 15k medals, and then I'd have 1.5k dew, and using all that would cost another 3.5k medals. So if I wanted to do as many refines as I could right now, it would cost about 18.5k medals total, which I could afford, but only by a margin of about 4.1k, which is surprisingly low. That's interesting.

I no longer do the daily arena quests but have amassed 83000 medals somehow. Granted I have 2900 refining stones, but if I used those all up (plus the amount spent on dew refines which is much lower), I'd still have ~-40-50k medals.

2900 stones = 29000 medals

1100 dew + 2900 new dew = 4000 dew = 10000 medals

Yeah, I don't think I'll have to worry about medals before FEH shuts down, even with my only doing 5 battles a week (and indeed 5x beginner on demote weeks).

Yeah, I'm a bit of a hoarder based on that evidence, but it's probably a reasonable approach to save all my resources for now - they'll be more valuable later if and when I decide to play "properly" again. The available refines, 3-4* demotes, grail units, dragonflower candidates etc will be better.

Edited by Humanoid

18 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Looking at the Hall of Forms selection for this month... I am tempted to use 3 Forma Souls.

I have a hard time deciding who to pick since no one is a Grail unit. I already have separate copies set aside of all the house leaders with Normalized Traits at +0+0, and while I do not have one for Hubert yet, I do not think he is offering much.

I can see myself getting Claude, but only because the Claude I have is +HP -Res and I've not summoned any other Claudes since. Plus, unlike my Dimitri and Edelgard who have good default skillsets, I think Claude could maybe appreciate some other skills. Could there be a Firesweep Bow in his future I wonder...

20 hours ago, XRay said:

i have run out of Arena Medals now at least 3 times, i do Arena weekly (not daily). I just ran out of Arena Medals and cant refine Faes weapon, so yes it is possible. I have done Arena every week since the game launched. There are even cases where i had to farm Arena medals for refines.

Are you guys high tiers in Arena, or aim for high tiers? If you guys play whatever score you get on the Advanced Difficulty (if you play adnaced), then I can see why you guys run out of Arena medals...

But for players that want the highest score possible with their teams, it's very common to do way more than 5 matches per season... since there is a good chance of losing a unit and have to do the 5-matches run all over again. For these players, running out of medals is very rare.

I, for example, have 25k arena medals, because I am sure I do more that 5 matches in some seasons.