Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Man... I play 4 other games with gacha elements to them, and I'm starting to think my luck is among the worst when it comes to Feh. It spikes every once in a while, but I generally don't get the units I want without heavy monetary investment.

Out of curiosity, does anyone else play other gacha games, and how does your luck in them compare to Feh?

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/The_Vault_of_Heaven_is_being_added_to_Aether_Raids_(Notification)

I can't open the full notification in my game, but this is interesting. End a season at T27-28 and start the next season in T31, where you can go all the way up to T38 for bigger rewards, and where battles give an extra 10 lift if all your units survive which... basically nullifies the whole "free loss" thing from offense bonus mythics, if I'm understanding it right. They do still reduce the points lost, though, so one death is just 10 instead of 30.

Ending a season at T29-37 means dropping back down to T21 for the next one, but T38 can stay in T31. Wonder how hard that'll be. If they keep it at 400 points per tier, getting to T38 from T31 will require the same net gain of 2800 points as getting to T28 from T21, but easier because of getting up to 160 extra points per week from clean wins. Except you'll be facing harder opponents, now that I think about it. That's an interesting complication.

I'm quite happy with this. Version 5.0's AR has been getting too easy, this gives me reason to care about it again. I've been hitting T28 consistently, so getting into the higher tiers at least half the time should be easy, especially now that opponents in T21-28 will be weaker, and I should be able to try for T38. If it turns out difficult, it's something to strive for, at least.

And extra rewards are really nice. It only mentions increasing the number of dragonflowers and grails in the rewards, not refining stones, but even if each additional tier is just +1 dragonflower and +1 grail, getting 10 tiers higher would mean 10 more of each. So consistently getting 10 tiers higher would mean about 43 more of each per month, and even alternating between T28 and T37 would mean about 19 more of each per month.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Man... I play 4 other games with gacha elements to them, and I'm starting to think my luck is among the worst when it comes to Feh. It spikes every once in a while, but I generally don't get the units I want without heavy monetary investment.

Out of curiosity, does anyone else play other gacha games, and how does your luck in them compare to Feh?

I don't play any others. My time investment in FEH is too high for me to repeat with any others.

4 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I play Pokémon Masters and Mario Kart Tour.

My luck is Pokémon is... Horrible. In Mario Kart, I play it casually and only summon in high rates banners, so its not that bad.

My Luck in FEH is not that bad. It depends sometimes. I got very lucky last week, with a total of 5 5*s by using free summons, tickets and ~90 orbs, on December 25th. But sometimes its kinda bad... Like in CYL, where I got only bad stuff during my Spark, and then I got a -Atk Brave Claude later.

1 minute ago, redlight said:

Banner trailer might just go up tomorrow if the TT banner goes up according to the event schedule.

Tomorrow night, but yeah. The schedule is off by a day, so the TT banner will launch Tuesday morning. That means a trailer Monday night, so if we're getting silhouettes, they'll be tonight.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Tomorrow night, but yeah. The schedule is off by a day, so the TT banner will launch Tuesday morning. That means a trailer Monday night, so if we're getting silhouettes, they'll be tonight.

Oh yeah. Forgot the time zone shenanigans. Bleh.

I hope the 4 star of the NY banner doesn't make me simp (hoping for Plum or Tria if Heroes OCs being on the last two banners is a pattern), because I spent a butt load on making a +10 W!Hilda. Otherwise I might just go mad from collecting all the orbs that have been left uncollected from all the maps this past year.

5 hours ago, Othin said:

Ending a season at T29-37 means dropping back down to T21 for the next one, but T38 can stay in T31. Wonder how hard that'll be. If they keep it at 400 points per tier, getting to T38 from T31 will require the same net gain of 2800 points as getting to T28 from T21, but easier because of getting up to 160 extra points per week from clean wins. Except you'll be facing harder opponents, now that I think about it. That's an interesting complication.

Ending a season below T38 means you go back down to T23, not T21. So IS is basically stratifying T21+ into three groups. The first group are the casuals who just want to stay in T21 and do the dailies. These guys will benefit because they no longer have to fight against top tier player defenses nor are their defenses easy pickings for tryhards. The second group are those that can reach tier 27+ but won't be skilled enough to reach T38 so they will go back down to T23 and alternate between T23 and T31 every week. These guys are the serious players who aren't the very best. The last stratification is of players who will be able to reach T38 almost every season and hence always start back at T31. 

I think everyone benefits. The tryhards were complaining that AR has gotten too easy while the casuals complain about being matched up against cancer def setups. The intermediate players benefit the least because they are stuck in a limbo but their rewards will go up as well so I'm okay with that. 

I'm really happy with this change, this prove that IS actually DOES listen to feedback (just when they feel like listening that is...).

And it will my experience to reach tier 27 or 28 every week less painful.

1 minute ago, Icelerate said:

Ending a season below T38 means you go back down to T23, not T21. So IS is basically stratifying T21+ into three groups. The first group are the casuals who just want to stay in T21 and do the dailies. These guys will benefit because they no longer have to fight against top tier player defenses nor are their defenses easy pickings for tryhards. The second group are those that can reach tier 27+ but won't be skilled enough to reach T38 so they will go back down to T23 and alternate between T23 and T31 every week. These guys are the serious players who aren't the very best. The last stratification is of players who will be able to reach T38 almost every season and hence always start back at T31. 

I think everyone benefits. The tryhards were complaining that AR has gotten too easy while the casuals complain about being matched up against cancer def setups. The intermediate players benefit the least because they are stuck in a limbo but their rewards will go up as well so I'm okay with that. 

Yeah, I missed that my first time. Still, the difficulty of hitting T38 will determine where the line will be drawn between the upper two groups.

There's also some weird interactions with the elemental seasons, if players are consistently spending Light season in one set of tiers and Astra in the other.

6 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I started playing Dragalia Lost in October and my luck there is insane, nothing compared to Feh. I pull only in Gala banners the equivalent of Legend/Mythic banners but with only one focus and crazy rates to get lots of goodies. Honestly, Feh's summoning system especially when it comes to Legendary/Mythic banners is really bad. I almost never get units I want on their debut unless there is something like Sparking in place and I have saved beforehand for it. 

About the new tiers in AR, I am happy. People have been complaining about high tier AR being really easy and boring so now that's fixed I guess. I am not playing at that level and focus on staying in Tier 21-24 to get some good rewards, so I guess now I will be seeing less really "cancerous" teams making things easier. 

Gonna be honest, slightly selfishly dissapointed that the top AR tier is no longer a feasible goal for me to hit (T27 to T38), but it is absolutely the right move as far as stratifying the different kinds of players ... and i'm giving a thumbs up to IS for actually listening to everyone, yeah.

Stings less when i'll be able to live cushily in the T23-T28 zone and get the rewards there tho. : P

10 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Heroes is the only gacha game I have played and only because it's a Fire Emblem game. I have thought about playing Pokemon Masters once but for whatever reason I couldn't get it to play on my phone (probably for the better that way).

Though as of late I have been losing interest in Heroes. PvP modes are just too much of a toxic wasteland these days that I try not to play those modes anymore than I have to. The majority of my favorites are also in the game now so I don't really need to summon anymore outside of fodder skills. I mostly just stick around to play new Abyssal maps that come at the end of the map and from Limited Hero Battles.

I was thinking about the Legendary Heroes that were "removed" from the Legendary/Mythic Banners calendar for some reason... Maybe they plan to give refinement for these 8 Legendary Heroes, and their next appearances will be in "New Power" banners.

We have 8 heroes that were removed from those banners: Fjorm, Gunnthrá, Ike, Ephraim, Robin, Lyn, Ryoma and Hector. So we could have one in each month, from January to August... then in August we get the 6-Months Event Channel, which could announce more changes like removing 5* heroes from the normal pool, and maybe removing the rest of Book 2 Legendaries (Lucina, Marth, Tiki, Eirika and Hríd).

So lets say Fjorm was scheduled to appear in January's Mythic Banner... now she will appear in January's New Power banner instead. Something like this.

Which also kinda makes sense since some of these heroes share weapons with their OG versions. Ike and Ryoma should get their refinements soon, so L!Ike and L!Ryoma will get it as well... and Male Grima can be on of the next Book 2 5* Heroes to get refinement, so Female Grima will get it as well.

Well, that's my theory about it.

Maybe after these heroes' appearance in the New Power banners, they return to the Legendary Banners... or added in something else, like the weekly banners.

That's a nice theory and I wouldn't be surprised if that were true. Fjorm, Ike, Ryoma, and f!Grima all have DC weapons and the non-Fjorm ones have the same weapon as their main pool counterpart, and all of them need a refine.

On 12/27/2020 at 4:44 AM, Xenomata said:

Another vote for the 'heroes is the only mobile game' I play.  (Might be in the extreme given that it's one of the two reasons I have a smartphone at all, the other being an easier time of communicating with the long distance girlfriend.) Would go back to a dumbphone in a heartbeat otherwise. 

Whew tho, think i'm going to do a self-imposed challenge of not orb-summoning for Jan/Feb and maybe March. Want to see if can get to ~2000 orbs, which is doable (eventually ~4000, which is ... less doable lol) so I'm not worrying about +10 the inevitable 5* somebody.

Only existing characters that are allowed to break that would be f!lyon (in the revival banner that's coming), Jill/Shinon, and p!tibby. All the other faves are done, way lower on the priority list, or are nearly-done grail projects.

Aside from the bit about new AR tiers, no update post before the end of the month, even one for just basic stuff like refines. Wonder what's up. Something to do with an upcoming Feh Channel, maybe?

Hm... fewer people who play games other than Feh than I was expecting. 

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Aside from the bit about new AR tiers, no update post before the end of the month, even one for just basic stuff like refines. Wonder what's up. Something to do with an upcoming Feh Channel, maybe?

I think they changed how they handle new update posts to be posted at the beginning of the new month, so we won't see anything until 11pm PST tonight, or whatever time that is in your timezone.

This was a nice year for me about summoning... I got 133 5* summoned heroes. This number come from heroes summoned in the Summon Menu , which are banners (normal summoning from new heroes banner, special banners, and others), picks of my choice (CYL and sparks), and free randoms (free Book 3 Seasonal, free leading units and free Summer Seasonal).

I didn't count here others 5* Heroes that I got, like TT units, Resplendent Heroes, free Altina from VG and free Reginn by completing story chapter.

18 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Hm... fewer people who play games other than Feh than I was expecting. 

I think they changed how they handle new update posts to be posted at the beginning of the new month, so we won't see anything until 11pm PST tonight, or whatever time that is in your timezone.

I play Genshin Impact. Best gacha for gameplay but worst gacha for summoning rates and general lack of generosity.

I hope they stop waiting on update notifications. Weapon refine announcemenrs often help me make decisions on who to promote for training the next month. (I only ever train units during VG quests).

Just found out about the vault of heavens. Ha, funny. I quit Feh because I hated the changes to AR, making it brain dead. I even had hoped for something like the VOH when I made my predictions for the FEH channel on the 8th. People thought it a weird and unreasonable idea then, well here we are. I have no inclination of starting FEH back up, but I am glad the actual integrity of the game is at least somewhat back with that addition. At least there is a way for people to show off their actual skill instead of everyone being served T28 on a silver platter.

4 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Just found out about the vault of heavens. Ha, funny. I quit Feh because I hated the changes to AR, making it brain dead. I even had hoped for something like the VOH when I made my predictions for the FEH channel on the 8th. People thought it a weird and unreasonable idea then, well here we are. I have no inclination of starting FEH back up, but I am glad the actual integrity of the game is at least somewhat back with that addition. At least there is a way for people to show off their actual skill instead of everyone being served T28 on a silver platter.

I was wondering what you'd think of that after what you said earlier, lol.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1At6H2CCoCiTcBexAdV33rwhKxx2tR3y2qduZuFDMxBo/

Big set of changes to my spreadsheet this week! In addition to the New Year's units, I added a bunch of details on skills and on unit availability. I also did a bunch of reorganizing to make things easier to follow, including adding index columns dividing the sheet into pages. The first four pages have the most commonly relevant information, but there's a bunch of interesting details past that!

1. Basic information on unit type, background, and availability.
  2. Overview of the unit's top-level skills.
  3. Additional information on unit type and availability, as well as resplendent attire and website profiles.
  4. Standard 5* level 40 stats.
  5. Further increases to stats possible with merges, dragonflowers, and resplendent attire.
  6. 5* level 1 base stats and growth rates.
  7. Further details on unit availability, including as combat manuals.
  8. Information about guaranteed reward units.
  9. Low-level weapon skills, including information on rarity and SP.
  10. High-level weapon skills, including information on rarity, SP, and refinements.
  11. Assist skills, including information on rarity, SP, and inheritance restrictions.
  12. Special skills, including information on rarity, SP, and inheritance restrictions.
  13. Passive A skills, including information on rarity, SP, and inheritance restrictions.
  14. Passive B skills, including information on rarity, SP, and inheritance restrictions.
  15. Passive C skills, including information on rarity, SP, and inheritance restrictions.
  16. Internal IDs and artists.
  17. Voice actors.

Some example screenshots:

0jadSy4.png17MKlQc.pngyA5UBX8.png

I just trained NYSH!Plumeria to level 40. I find it hilarious that she thinks my gaze gives off a protective warmth compared others who audaciously stare at her with mortal desires.