Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Update notification is up!

• Hall of Forms floors 13+ will have better A/B/C skill selections
  • Filters can search by skill
  • Legendary Eirika gets Atk/Spd Solo 4 and Lunar Brace II with NF and Canto 2, Lucina gets Swift Sparrow 3 and Future Vision II with Atk/Def debuffs
  • Emphemera lineup includes NY Lethe, Onsen Sakura, and Summer Norne
  • Alongside Eirika and Lucina, refines for Halloween Myrrh, Adrift Corrin M+F, Canas, and Silas
  • Some technical stuff with Summoner Duels
  • Escape Ladder can go to level 7!

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 hours ago, Othin said:

Hall of Forms floors 13+ will have better A/B/C skill selections

Not only that, but also will offer 2 skills for each of them.

4 hours ago, Othin said:

Legendary Eirika gets Atk/Spd Solo 4 and Lunar Brace II with NF and Canto 2, Lucina gets Swift Sparrow 3 and Future Vision II with Atk/Def debuffs

Atk/Def Snag effect, to be more especific. Bits its ok, people usually forget that Snag skills exist.

Overall, its ok. Outside Lucina and Silas, I dont really care for the refinements, and I wish the Onsen manual was Elise because I still dont have Dagger Valor. I expected something more for Legendary Eirika's added skill though, a better C skills instead of improving her A skill.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

26 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

The new Tempest Trial with Lyre and Kyza doesn't seem to have any kind of connection to any Feh OC or anything. I guess they're waiting before putting out another Ascended character.

I'm guessing it just means future ones don't need this kind of TT story. Like how when legendaries started, the first two were tied to the Book 2 story, then later ones started just doing whatever.

5 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

The new Tempest Trial with Lyre and Kyza doesn't seem to have any kind of connection to any Feh OC or anything. I guess they're waiting before putting out another Ascended character.

With the current main story chapter dedicated to Askr and Embla, they don't need the tempest trial for it, Askr Alphonse, Shareena, Anna, Henrietta, Ash or Embla Veronica, Bruno, Letizia, Elm can all be incorporated easily, that said I'm only thinking we'll get 4 of these at most.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I was thinking more along the lines of Ascended Peony or Eir, not so much Alfonse or Veronica. But regardless, I'm actually glad we're getting a break from the TT storyline so they can focus the TT on the seasonal units.

Actually on that note, I kinda want someone to bring up the Tempest as a primary threat again, aka the lore reason why this entire game mode exists in the first place.

Very often these days Tempest Trials is treated as additional story to the currently existing Seasonal banner going on, heck the last time the Tempest was brought up (Engagement, accompanying Bridal Grace) it seemed more as an annoyance to Saul that kept him further from hitting on women. It kinda feels... forgotten that this thing was meant to be a chaotic votex that sundered everything inside and around it into a world without meaning or logic.

...maybe they're saving that for one of the later big TT story arcs.

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Actually on that note, I kinda want someone to bring up the Tempest as a primary threat again, aka the lore reason why this entire game mode exists in the first place.

Very often these days Tempest Trials is treated as additional story to the currently existing Seasonal banner going on, heck the last time the Tempest was brought up (Engagement, accompanying Bridal Grace) it seemed more as an annoyance to Saul that kept him further from hitting on women. It kinda feels... forgotten that this thing was meant to be a chaotic votex that sundered everything inside and around it into a world without meaning or logic.

...maybe they're saving that for one of the later big TT story arcs.

I get the feeling that we've gotten so good at crushing the Tempests that Masked Marth has given up on caring about how threatening these things are supposed to be.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I get the feeling that we've gotten so good at crushing the Tempests that Masked Marth has given up on caring about how threatening these things are supposed to be.

Yeah, I'm not sure what else they could do with that story by now.

13 hours ago, Othin said:

Yeah, I'm not sure what else they could do with that story by now.

I dunno, I'd say it's like a zombie apocalypse in video games: yeah you can mow them all down with like two thoughts, some duct tape, and two chainsaws plus a boat paddle, but it'd be nice to know what the goddamn happened to get us here in the first place.

Edited by Xenomata

(does this count as a double post? I don't feel right just splicing this into a totally unrelated post...)
Something I been thinking about, especially with my now hitting 102 5* +10 units:  The 5* +10 compendium thread is kinda... deserted. Not because it's inactive, there's always going to be an audience and stage for people who just want to show how much they like the units they use, but more because the OP, Raven, is just MIA. The last update to the first post was something like 1.75 years ago now, and so many more 5* +10 units have been posted in the thread since then that it feels like the original purpose, cataloging the 5* +10 units of SF members, was lost? Now it's pretty much just a stage to present our 5* +10 units, and rarely does any discussion about those units happens anymore.

I don't know what I could do to change that, I'm pretty much just a regular member of SF, but... when I went back to double check some facts, I was reminded of when I posted a full gallery of the merged units I had at the time, all 46 of them. That feels like so long ago (even though it was only 2 years ago), but it still felt nice to look at what I had at the time, all at once. And at the time, people did still talk to each other about each others units. And imo, it's just fun to be able to talk about the things, or in this case units, that you are so invested in that you'd be willing to summon them 11 times and merge them all into one.

So... what if there was a more general thread for our 5* +10 units? Let people show off all of their fully merged units at once and be able to talk about them freely, maybe even link to each persons "gallery post" for easier access? I don't know if that's actually something anyone but me would be interested in (hence why I'm asking instead of flatout making the thread), but if so then heck it should exist and I'll make it. Building 5* +10 units is the reason I still play the game, so I'd be glad to get that started.

So... yeah, opinions?

12 hours ago, Xenomata said:

So... yeah, opinions?

I think it is a neat idea. To have it neat and organized, we could make a subforum where people just make their own threads and post their Barracks there, and we can have a pinned thread at the top where we discuss and link to our own thread/Barracks.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

I think it is a neat idea. To have it neat and organized, we could make a subforum where people just make their own threads and post their Barracks there, and we can have a pinned thread at the top where we discuss and link to our own thread/Barracks.

I like that idea. That would really let a person spotlight all of their units at once, especially those who frequently update their already massive barracks.

After updating, the game might crash if you view a friend's unit through the friend list. We're probably not getting any compensation for that, but it's still something to keep in mind.

Edit: thought that the next Hall of Forms lineup was in the datamine, but it wasn't so I redacted the first part of this post

Edited by Tybrosion

Coming on 1/24 will be a Helian Resplendent Hero, truly the most frightening bunch of all... Florina!
https://fehpass.fire-emblem-heroes.com/common/img/chara_img_00010003000044_01.png?time=1639625118863

Spoiler

https://fehpass.fire-emblem-heroes.com/common/img/chara_img_00010003000044_02.png?time=1639625118863https://fehpass.fire-emblem-heroes.com/common/img/chara_img_00010003000044_03.png?time=1639625118863https://fehpass.fire-emblem-heroes.com/common/img/chara_img_00010003000044_04.png?time=1639625118863

So... ignoring the fact that I don't really care one way or another and that I am cancelling my subscription again, and ignoring the fact that there are now 4 Blue Resplendents in a row (Nowi, Ishtar, Est, and Florina), 3 of which are 4* units... Est and Florina, back to back units, are both 4* Lance Fliers with armor-effective Prf weapons.

I mean yes they function very differently (Est is offensive, Florina is more defensive), but come on! You could have picked just... so many units from gen 1...

Hel is a weird choice for Florina, but her art looks so much better and she looks badass. A shame that her stat line will forever be wonky though.

Huh, they're being weird and announcing Resplendents early again.

Her art is cute, but that's about it. She's cursed with awful stats, and there's really nothing that can really fix that without going back and refining her weapon again.

With maximum Dragonflowers, she'll have 47/34-/32+/30+/39. With only her refined weapon equipped and with its effect active ("Close Spectrum Stance"), she has 50/54-/36+/34+/44. Which is still crap. The only thing she has going for her compared to the other bulky lance fliers is the fact that she has Res, but that only helps against dragons, and it comes at the cost of her Def, which makes her worse against everything else.

For comparison, Heath has 43-/53/36/36-/30- with maximum Dragonflowers and only an unrefined Silver Lance+ equipped.

And on a completely unrelated note since we don't have a thread for the current Tempest Trials for whatever reason, because they gave me an excuse to run an all-beast team, I've been running double Ash with Fallen Edelgard and Lyre (or Lethe before Lyre was leveled), and the amount of mobility you get from double Ash is absolutely comical.

Uh...

On 12/22/2021 at 9:35 PM, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Well, I knew that Palla, Catria, and Est were gonna be the next characters from Marth's games to get a Resplendent outfit, but I fully expected Palla and Catria to get theirs far before Est got hers. Also, since Shanna and Est have both gotten Resplendent outfits now, and they're both the youngest of their respective siblings, I'm hoping that means that the youngest of the pegasus sisters in Blazing Blade Florina won't be too far away.

Did I accidentally predict Florina?

Anyway! Resplendent Florina looks AWESOME. I really like that art, it's a big improvement over her original Heroes artwork. She's sitting at +9 in my barracks, once I get a little extra money I'm gonna get her.

Good, Florina was someone who really needed the better art. Shame that her stat spread is so fucking bad.

So, FE7 had nine characters available at launch and now only two of them (Matthew, Hawkeye) do not have Resplendents. They’ve been pretty thorough so far but probably won’t finish the job because that would involve giving Hawkeye a Resplendent.