Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

31 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's a bit tricky, but I'm able to deal with him with my usual team of Duo Palla, Est, Halloween Mia, and Legendary Azura as long as I don't get unlucky with bow enemies.

Est and Palla use their first action each turn to kill a random mob to activate Galeforce and then alternate attacking Ike with Mia, who gets danced by Azura. It just takes 6-7 turns to kill Ike instead of 4 since I can only attack him twice each turn.

For a bit more security, it might be worth switching out Azura for something like a Dancer Eldigan with Heavy Blade and Galeforce so that you can also have the dancer help clear mobs.

Yeah, you cant attack too many times, or else his special will trigger.

Like how I shower in my video, I can only attack with Seteth once. Since I am using the Ninja Naginata, that counts as 5 special charges. Attacking with him again would trigger the special.

Dimitri, however, has Pulse Smoke, so I can Galeforce and attack again, and the special will never trigger. If I had Galeforce fodder (i have not been summoning on blue these days, so I lack Cordelias) I would give Galeforce to Legendary Dimitri with his Atrocity.

I am using Near Save just to have some safety. I confess that if I had Near Save fodder, I would give it to Winter Ephraim. He would do a way better job there compared to Winter Zephiel.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I run double Palla: Sisterly Trio and one of each Reyson and Byleth: The Fódlan Light, and they are arranged in a T formation. That way, my Galeforcers with Guard can completely shutdown Specials. It can be a bit wonky since Byleth: The Fódlan Light is kind of vulnerable out there, but if there is not much reinforcements around her, then the formation is pretty much the same as a regular Galeforce team.

10 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Assuming you mean Gustav and Henriette, I think the last member on an interesting Heroes team can be Triandra to provide Guard support. I also have Muspell but he's a little wonky without auto follow up so he'll most likely be support anyway and Triandra plays support better unless the Save tanks need more firepower.

I run double Nifl for as much damage reduction as possible. I want to be extra sure my Save tanks are as fool proof as possible.

44 minutes ago, XRay said:

I run double Nifl for as much damage reduction as possible. I want to be extra sure my Save tanks are as fool proof as possible.

I feel like if you're going to stack DR, Elimine would be a better choice(if you have her) instead of running 2 Nifil's since you'll have a healer that can also shut down turn start buffs. The position check does make it inconsistent though. Her staff should have just copied Argent Aura's range. 

I'm going through the Chain Challenges and Eir is a decent combat healer given the Save tanks usually don't take enough damage that Sparking Boost+ can't heal off.

Edited by Flying Shogi

22 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

I feel like if you're going to stack DR, Elimine would be a better choice(if you have her) instead of running 2 Nifil's since you'll have a healer that can also shut down turn start buffs. The position check does make it inconsistent though. Her staff should have just copied Argent Aura's range. 

I'm going through the Chain Challenges and Eir is a decent combat healer given the Save tanks usually don't take enough damage that Sparking Boost+ can't heal off.

I cannot run Elmine in Limited Hero Battles with Gustav: Majestic Love and Henriette: Overflowing Love, hence the need for Nifl.

...ah. I completely forgot to do Rokkr.

...welp, guess I can only dream about what I would have done to LegIke...

Reinhardt/Olwen were fun. Easy as hell yes, but fun.
Usually I'd just take out Brave weapon - Galeforce - TA3 - Weaponbreaker - Melancholy support and call it there, but I wanted to something different... and the combination of Walhart and Wedding Catria did wonders.
Wolf Berg's debuff meant Rein/Olwen couldn't counterattack (and were also just super weakened), Catria provided Guidance/Tri-attack, as because those two plus Wrys my Melancholy user are always near each other anyway even Wrys was getting some Quads on Rein.

Gotta remember to be a little different at times, even if different in this case just meant using Walhart. Seriously his refine is way too good, consider getting it if you haven't already.

Edited by Xenomata

Have any of you dealt with Duo Chrom in AR yet. Neither of my save tank (Fjorm and Henriette) can deal with him, and I don't have blue unit that can potentially tank him (that I know of, don't have B!Hector too). So far I met him twice, lost once cuz I couldn't predict To Change Fate, 2nd time the team has no save armor or B!Catria so it's a cakewalk with my Yuri+dancers team.

1 hour ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

Have any of you dealt with Duo Chrom in AR yet. Neither of my save tank (Fjorm and Henriette) can deal with him, and I don't have blue unit that can potentially tank him (that I know of, don't have B!Hector too). So far I met him twice, lost once cuz I couldn't predict To Change Fate, 2nd time the team has no save armor or B!Catria so it's a cakewalk with my Yuri+dancers team.

I have not seen him yet, but according to the calculator, as long as you can stop Deadeye from being charged right from the get go, Fjorm: Ice Ascendent should have no trouble tanking effective damage and counter killing. That is easier said than done on Light Season though, since Light does not have Elimine. The only thing I can thnk of for Light is to maybe run Mila to Isolate Chrom: Fate-Defying Duo and hope his teammates does not Pulse him with other means.

4 hours ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

Are you running Svalinn Shield on Henriette? My Henriette has no trouble dealing with Legendary Chrom when she has Svalinn Shield equipped, so I can't imagine it being too difficult to tank Duo Chrom, who lacks weapon triangle advantage. Granted, my Henriette is almost completely maxed out including supports (and is only missing a floret), but the difference can be made up for with more Distant Guard stacks, as I only run two stacks because I'm lazy (and because I'm running three Mythic Heroes on my team, and most of their exclusive skills are already in the C slot).

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I have not seen him yet, but according to the calculator, as long as you can stop Deadeye from being charged right from the get go, Fjorm: Ice Ascendent should have no trouble tanking effective damage and counter killing. That is easier said than done on Light Season though, since Light does not have Elimine. The only thing I can thnk of for Light is to maybe run Mila to Isolate Chrom: Fate-Defying Duo and hope his teammates does not Pulse him with other means.

Blocking Deadeye is easier said than done. If Deadeye's cooldown is at 2 at the start of the turn, it simply drops back down to 1 due to Time's Pulse, allowing him to use To Change Fate! to fully charge it.

The only way to prevent him from charging Deadeye is to get into a position where he won't use To Change Fate! before he attacks you.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Are you running Svalinn Shield on Henriette? My Henriette has no trouble dealing with Legendary Chrom when she has Svalinn Shield equipped, so I can't imagine it being too difficult to tank Duo Chrom, who lacks weapon triangle advantage. Granted, my Henriette is almost completely maxed out including supports (and is only missing a floret), but the difference can be made up for with more Distant Guard stacks, as I only run two stacks because I'm lazy (and because I'm running three Mythic Heroes on my team, and most of their exclusive skills are already in the C slot).

My Henriette is not optimal enough to run Svalinn Shield (I think). At unmerge +res -hp she sometimes has trouble tanking with Flayn support, especially against Duo Lif that go 1st and blocks healing. 

4 hours ago, XRay said:

Yeah currently is light season and I don't have Mila or Bride Fjorm. Even if I do, Bride Catria with Duo Chrom is still a scary thought to face. B!Catria + Duo Chrom + Far Save B!Hector would be quite devastating for me to tank or initiate. 

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Blocking Deadeye is easier said than done. If Deadeye's cooldown is at 2 at the start of the turn, it simply drops back down to 1 due to Time's Pulse, allowing him to use To Change Fate! to fully charge it.

Elimine shuts down Time's Pulse, and if you have more of her, she can shut down other Pulses on other columns, so To Change Fate! cannot not fully charge Deadeye.

Isolation shuts down To Change Fate!, so as long as he cannot Assist someone and there are no other Pulse sources, he cannot charge Deadeye either.

My Henriette is not optimal enough to run Svalinn Shield (I think). At unmerge +res -hp she sometimes has trouble tanking with Flayn support, especially against Duo Lif that go 1st and blocks healing. 

For Henriette's lack of merges, you should be able to make up for it by adding one more stack of Distant Guard (ineffective against AoE Specials, but there's not much you can do about that without actually getting merges) to reach almost the same Def and Res that mine has. I have double Distant Guard on Flayn most of the time, so you'd just need to put a third stack of Distant Guard on a Mythic Hero that doesn't have an exclusive C skill. I'd also prioritize summoner support on Far Save units simply because they have a larger gap to cover between their defenses and the offenses of the units they're expected to tank compared to Near Save tanks.

If you have enough team slots, you can use the skill lock feature to make one team that has Distant Def equipped and a separate team that has Svalinn Shield equipped and pick which one to use on each map. I actually have four teams with the same unit composition in order to have every combination of Gustav with Close Def or Svalinn Shield and Henriette with Distant Def or Svalinn Shield.

The fact that four of my five team slots are occupied by variations of the same team is also one of the reasons why I disregard recommendations to have multiple team archetypes for Aether Raids teams. I simply don't have space for them, and my single team can cover enough opponents by simply varying their equipped skills that I can afford to spend ladders on the few times they fail (I don't think I've used more than three ladders in a single week since constructing the team). My fifth team even has the same five-unit core of Gustav, Henriette, and three Mythic Heroes, but swaps Flayn out for Brave Eirika for when I don't need Flayn's damage reduction or Svalinn Shield (as I have Close/Distant Def equipped on this team).

My units look like this:

+1+10 Valentine Gustav [+Def] (S ally support with Valentine Henriette)
Loyalist Axe
Reposition
Ignis
Close Def 4 / Svalinn Shield
Crafty Fighter 3
D/R Near Save 3
Close Def 3

+10+10 Valentine Henriette [+Res] (S ally support with Valentine Gustav) (S summoner support)
Unity Blooms [Res / Def]
Reposition
Iceberg
Distant Def 4 / Svalinn Shield
Crafty Fighter 3
A/R Far Save 3
Distant Def 3

+0+0 Flayn [=]
Caduceus Staff
Rescue+
Deluge Balm+
[empty]
Dazzling Staff 3
Distant Guard 3
Distant Guard 3 / Close Guard 3

The team compositions are like this:

Team 1: Gustav with Close Def, Henriette with Res refine and Distant Def, Flayn with Distant Guard
Team 2: Gustav with Svalinn Shield, Henriette with Res refine and Distant Def, Flayn with Close Guard
Team 3: Gustav with Close Def, Henriette with Def refine and Svalinn Shield, Flayn with Distant Guard
Team 4: Gustav with Svalinn Shield, Henriette with Def refine and Svalinn Shield, Flayn with Close Guard

Note that Gustav's Svalinn Shield is always paired with Flayn's Close Guard Sacred Seal and Henriette's Svalinn Shield is always paired with her Def refine. The former pairing is because I consider Brave Eirika to be a greater threat to Gustav than anything is to Henriette, and the latter pairing is because I consider Legendary Chrom to be a greater threat to Henriette than anything that targets Res.

Yeah currently is light season and I don't have Mila or Bride Fjorm. Even if I do, Bride Catria with Duo Chrom is still a scary thought to face. B!Catria + Duo Chrom + Far Save B!Hector would be quite devastating for me to tank or initiate. 

Catria + Chrom is just a ladder for me. Honestly no point in trying to tank that. I mean, I still do try to tank that, but I just surrender after it inevitably fails.

I think it's always worth a reminder that as long as your ladder is fully upgraded, you only need to win 8 out of 15 matches each week, which only requires only a 53% win rate. If you can build your team to reliably cover 75% of all enemy teams you expect to face, there's no need to bother with the remaining 25%. How scary that 25% is can be completely ignored, at least until it becomes bigger than 25%.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

Elimine shuts down Time's Pulse, and if you have more of her, she can shut down other Pulses on other columns, so To Change Fate! cannot not fully charge Deadeye.

Isolation shuts down To Change Fate!, so as long as he cannot Assist someone and there are no other Pulse sources, he cannot charge Deadeye either.

Unless you're able to bait Chrom out on the first turn that the opponent can move, both False Start and Isolation require you to accurately predict where Chrom will be after one turn of moving, which can be difficult when dancers and teleportation are involved and when you're a normal person that doesn't run multiple copies of Elimine.

And even if you hit Chrom with Isolation, he can still use To Change Fate! if he gets danced. Having two dancers on defense is extremely common, and being able to cover Chrom and both dancers is not something you want to rely on.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Just a random thought. We've gotten a fair bit of OCs and 3DS era main characters in summer banners. We've also gotten a lot of the Three Houses characters in summer banners, but we haven't gotten the House Leaders in too many alts yet. Is it possible that with Three Hopes coming out, they may do a summer promotional banner with the House Leaders in summer wear? Or if the game has beach costumes, the same as those? (Can we have at least Claude because he doesn't have a Fallen Banner alt, and and Dimitri/Edelgard duo are a shoo-in for a White Heron Cup Dancer banner...which is surprising that they haven't done yet.)

Granted, I think it's more likely for the House Leaders to get Ascendant variants in their Three Hopes timeline, but who knows. 

18 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Has there been a chart made of the Top 5 missing characters from each game, from CYL 6 results? I know we're really in the territory of characters that aren't exactly popular now, but I'd still be interested to see the missing characters with the most votes.

Courtesy of MegamanOmega from the FEH sub-Reddit:

Spoiler

_HwPcKQoBSuUuvwMmHBS8NoJv5N7xJ5BfeMCEQBj

Personally, I'm not sure which is sadder: Brigand Boss being #1 for SoV or Matthis being #1 for Shadow Dragon.

The top 5 for Three Houses is also a complete meme now that aren't anymore missing students.

I came to FE from Final Fantasy. The depth of story and character design has always been one of the things i have loved the most about that series, but i have not found it the same in FE, in the limited amount of games i have played. It really makes me wish tho when i see so many cool characters being brought into the game that we could see a deeper look into their stories and character, especially as how FEH reaches the entire series. Forging bonds is neat, but I wish they would much further than that, more than a few maps for seasonals; it really feels like a missed opportunity, especially as how so many players who play FEH have never played many of the main series games if they have even played any at all. One of the things that stood out to me  was how they had Xander sort of play a part at the beginning in book 1 (never payed attention to what happens after in the rest of books), it would be great if we saw more of this many heroes we summon contribute to the story a bit.

8 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

One of the things that stood out to me  was how they had Xander sort of play a part at the beginning in book 1 (never payed attention to what happens after in the rest of books)

For what it's worth, Xander showed up alongside Bruno in literally the previous story chapter (Book VI, Chapter 3, Part 3).

Whether IS will actually do anything interesting with either of those guys in Book VI remains to be see, of course.

32 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Courtesy of MegamanOmega from the FEH sub-Reddit:

Reveal hidden contents

_HwPcKQoBSuUuvwMmHBS8NoJv5N7xJ5BfeMCEQBj

Personally, I'm not sure which is sadder: Brigand Boss being #1 for SoV or Matthis being #1 for Shadow Dragon.

The top 5 for Three Houses is also a complete meme now that aren't anymore missing students.

I'm honestly not too upset that Matthis is high up. I definitely prefer Nyna, but I'm okay with Matthis, he still has more personality than so many other Marth-land characters. Brigand Boss, though, yeah...yikes.

Half of the most wanted characters for FE3 are apparently small children, one of whom I believed was widely despised by the fanbase. Or maybe we're just scraping the bottom off the barrel for that game. Not sure how or why Matthis is higher than Nyna. Or anyone, to be honest. Rinea apparently still scores higher than the playable male characters even though she has an alt. Hopefully we'll get Gen 2 Oifey and not unplayable Gen 1 Oifey when his turn comes around. Why does August always score high on Thracia polls? Guy and Kent are the last characters I really want for FE7, so happy to see them both there. Tormod and Muarim being on PoR's top 5 is pretty cool, but they'll probably stick Muarim on an RD banner because that's what all laguz except for Harmonic Azura+Leanne seem to be classified as. Laurent is in Awakening's top 5, but if they give the second gen a banner they kind of have to put him in? Stupid ascended alts only giving us three new units.

3H ... exists.

On 2/16/2022 at 2:09 AM, MagicCanonBalls said:

I dont remember finding him in Light Season so far, but I have Nowi prepared for that.

For Astra, I have Young Lyon which is great in doing with him. And also, there is Elimine to stop his Time's Pulse.

3 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Out of curiosity, which teams would you vote out? 
Any sugestion for switching things up (leaders/skills)?

w3qT69m.jpg

I haven't done much Summoner Duels (don't even have access to S yet) but my inclination is to veto the third and fourth teams to avoid having to deal with Edelgard or Chrom.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

I haven't done much Summoner Duels (don't even have access to S yet) but my inclination is to veto the third and fourth teams to avoid having to deal with Edelgard or Chrom.

Funny thing is that F!Edel is the slot I'm not sure about yet. I could see myself swapping her out for L!Leif or L!Dimitri (if I'm not mistaken and Leif can be "danced" by Duorothea's Duo skill).
I think all the three matches I've had so far (against non-bots) I used one of the first two teams and they did great.

14 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Funny thing is that F!Edel is the slot I'm not sure about yet. I could see myself swapping her out for L!Leif or L!Dimitri (if I'm not mistaken and Leif can be "danced" by Duorothea's Duo skill).

The problem with Leif is that you can't use Njörun's Zeal right away after it triggers, so he can get into the enemy team and manage a kill but he can become vulnerable to attacks.

And yes, he can be refreshed by harmonized Dorothea's skill. Dorothea & Lene counts as Three Houses & Genealogy, and both Legendary Leif and Harmonized Leif count as Genealogy & Thracia 776. Meanwhile, Og Leif (the infantry sword one) counts only as Thracia 776.

Edited by Diovani Bressan