Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Also Nott is dead because CHARACTER GROWTH!

Don't forget the part where the map following her pointless death not only opened with this, but also only had this for its dialogue:

Vyland: I am Vyland of Aurelis, one of the Coyote's Men.

Edited by Tybrosion

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I have seen some Vyland memes and didn't really get them without any context, heh.

I also missed the part where they started handing out multiple free 5* copies of demotes, hmm.

57 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I also missed the part where they started handing out multiple free 5* copies of demotes, hmm.

Those also only happened in certain instances where a demote wasn't actually on the banner rather than for every demote.

So, the ones you presumably (from Book V's start to the present) missed were Knoll, Tatiana, Balthus, Vyland, and Miriel. Benny and Tanith were also instant demotes but, for some reason, were not handed out for free like the others.

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Pretty much as Tybrosion said, and to quickly go over those 5 units:

1. Red Mage, nothing special
  2. Blue Mage, nothing special
  3. Axe with high Atk/Def, nothing special
  4. Axe Cav, super nothing special
  5. Blue Mage, nothing special

...frankly, you didn't miss anything by missing those 5 units. It can't even really be said their inheritable skills are worth anything, mostly just stuff that was previously available in the Grail or Seasonal demotes pool (I guess Miriel has Atk/Spd Ideal 3 for chain inheritance purposes, but that's about it)

@Humanoid @Xenomata

I'd argue that Miriel is at least worth looking at.

She's currently the best free-to-play blue mage infantry in the game if you don't have Resplendent Tailtiu and doesn't require significant Dragonflower investment even if you do have Resplendent Tailtiu.

As far as stats go, she's very similar to Guinevere offensively and only really lacks the effective damage against tomes. With Blarfox+ [Spd] and no Dragonflowers on either unit, Miriel actually has -1/+1 offenses compared to Guinevere. Guinevere has access to 5 more Dragonflowers, but Miriel is significantly easier to merge.

You can also grab Drifting Grace off of Fluffy Hat Levn from Divine Codes 3 for a slightly more offensive weapon, granting +1/+1 offenses over Blarfox, though it makes it difficult to run Desperation due to its passive healing.

@Ice Dragon I mean I am currently only 1 copy of Miriel from +10ing her and making her into the biggest Fury beacon possible. Spooky Censer, Fury 4, Fury 3, yes this is not at all practical and by no means do I think it'll actually work that well. But it is super super neat.

That's good to know, I do remember seeing her face a few times through my recent summoning, I'll have a look through and see if any have a good nature. Historically I think I've found it harder to find enough copies of blue units to merge than any other colour, like that time where I thought I'd +10 Altena. Well, if I merged all my copies up right now I'd still only get to +6...

But you're right in that there's surprisingly not all that much competition in the field - looking at my blue infantry mages that I haven't thrown into the reserves, there's +2 Legendary Julia (Spd), +2 Ophelia (Spd), +1 Marianne (Spd), +1 Riev and and unmerged Guinevere (Def).

So look, what if Nintendo decided to try to make FEH a bit more eye catching by marketing it a little better and trying different methods? Now where and how would you go about marketing heroes i don't know, but what if, just what if, they made a series of OVAs about FEH with the focus being on just what the summoned heroes do when they are in Askr and they help out the Askrans to battle? Like, i imagine seeing Ike, Alm, Grima, Nephenee, you name it, fighting Hel's forces or during the battles with Surtr, with may be just the budget to rival what Ufotable puts out when they animate fights in series like FSN. Like imagine if we got an animated battle of Fedelgard vs dragon Fafnir with quality on par with what Saber vs Berserker was in UBW or Rider vs Alter Saber. Like it could be a short, 12 episode anime of sorts. I think that would some very interesting marketing. i know that's not the point of FEH, but hey, i would like that.

5 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

So look, what if Nintendo decided to try to make FEH a bit more eye catching by marketing it a little better and trying different methods? Now where and how would you go about marketing heroes i don't know, but what if, just what if, they made a series of OVAs about FEH with the focus being on just what the summoned heroes do when they are in Askr and they help out the Askrans to battle? Like, i imagine seeing Ike, Alm, Grima, Nephenee, you name it, fighting Hel's forces or during the battles with Surtr, with may be just the budget to rival what Ufotable puts out when they animate fights in series like FSN. Like imagine if we got an animated battle of Fedelgard vs dragon Fafnir with quality on par with what Saber vs Berserker was in UBW or Rider vs Alter Saber. Like it could be a short, 12 episode anime of sorts. I think that would some very interesting marketing. i know that's not the point of FEH, but hey, i would like that.

Pokemon has kind of done that already, multiple times even (Origins, Generations, Twilight Wings, Evolutions, and Poketoons), and Fire Emblem has clearly become big enough to possibly warrant something at least similar to Pokemon shorts.

Hell, get the same people who did Generations and Evolutions, because that artstyle would be sick when applied to anime medieval combat.
(makes you wonder why all Mario, literally like the face of Nintendo, gets is an animated movie starring everyone's favorite Chris Pratt...)

Edited by Xenomata

Neat art, glad my subscription is about to run out though.

Statwise, she has to be directly compared to Serra, currently the only other Resplendent Staff user. At 5* +10 merge +20 dragonflowers, neutral natures, and no Resplendent bonus:

• Serra: 42/38/40/29/42
  • Lachesis: 48/40/34/30/39

I mean... there are far better Staff users, but between the two Serra just has better offensive stats. Lachesis has higher HP, but otherwise her bulk is not that different from Serra. Worse Spd that to be fair can be built a bit... but you could just as easily put that investment into Serra and just get better results.
...hm, better cancel my Feh pass now before I forget...

As far as I don't think I actually have to break down her stats to say that they suck, I might as well anyways.

With Dragonflowers, Lachesis's stat spread is 45/38/31/28/36.

For comparison, the strongest free-to-play staff unit, Fluffy Hat Nanna, has 41/36/42/24/29 (-4/-2/+11/-4/-7).

The strongest free-to-play staff infantry, Eremiya, has 47/35/38/26/30 (+2/-3/+7/-2/-6).

Resplendent Serra has 39/36/37/27/39 (-6/-2/+6/-1/+3).

The unit most similar to her is Natasha, who has 39/38/34/26/38 (-6/+0/+3/-2/+2) and is basically strictly better except when using skills that use HP comparisons.

So much as building for stat comparisons goes, both Wrys and Rhys are better for both HP and Res (Wrys has +1/+4, Rhys has +2/+3). That said, Lachesis is only 3 HP below the staff unit with the highest HP (Desert Cheine), 1 HP behind Loki, and ties with Bride Fjorm, so she's still a viable option for HP comparisons if you choose to go that route, though there are still better free-to-play options.

Nevertheless, she's still my babysitter in Special Training maps since that role doesn't require stats, so I'm still going to end up using her quite often.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I love Lachesis, so I like that she got a resplendent. But honestly, it feels very disingenuous to give her one while she might as well not exist since her stats suck and she doesn't even have a weapon refine that gives her some nice support effect or something, and I feel the same about Serra. If they're handing these out to 3/4* Healers, they might as well give them refines too.

She was my third or fourth 5-star pull ever, which is kinda sad. The only ones older than her are Maria and Hawkeye. And I didn't reroll because I'm a dummy. Well, at least Physic was useful for content like, um, Camilla's Warriors map. Bring that map back already IS!

Anyway, in theory it'd be nice to be able to look at Lachesis without suffering physical pain, but that's never going to happen. At least it compresses the future useful Resplendents as to increase the possibility of good consecutive ones in the future. Give me Oscar and Cecilia in a month and I might just cough up for the first time. 😛

Hel Lachesis!

That she really needs is a sword cavalry Ascended version, but I'll take it. Or not take it, per se, since I'm F2P, but I sure don't mind it existing.

Didn't expect Lachesis. Her art looks good, an improvement over her current art, but...eh. I like her as a character, but if they were gonna give another 3/4☆ healer with no staff refine a Resplendent, I'd have preferred someone on a horse, like Nanna or Priscilla. Or Maria, if it had to be an infantry unit.

Huh, Lachesis looks pretty good. Something about her head looks out of place, though. Maybe it's how round/wide it is or something?

It does have a bit of the Stewie Griffin about it, but I guess I've gotten used to that being shorthand for the younger characters (and young by Fire Emblem standards is *young*). Doesn't look as painfully squashed as say, Legendary Julia or various iterations of Bernadetta so I guess there's my boundary.

On a completely different note, I only just found out there's a Sothis value pack available these days. I don't need her at all and I'm not active enough to justify the other contents of the pack, but yeah, I guess it's good if they're updating these every year or so with reasonably current units.

Edited by Humanoid

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

On a completely different note, I only just found out there's a Sothis value pack available these days. I don't need her at all and I'm not active enough to justify the other contents of the pack, but yeah, I guess it's good if they're updating these every year or so with reasonably current units.

Yeah, it’s the third version of the Starter Support pack. It recently replaced the one that had Brave Lyn (which ran from 2020 to this year), while the first one had Black Knight (ran from 2018 to 2020).

If you do want to get the Sothis one at some later point, you can buy it even if you got either of the previous Starter Support packs.

11 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, it’s the third version of the Starter Support pack. It recently replaced the one that had Brave Lyn (which ran from 2020 to this year), while the first one had Black Knight (ran from 2018 to 2020).

If you do want to get the Sothis one at some later point, you can buy it even if you got either of the previous Starter Support packs.

Sounds like they're doing every two years, then. Maybe the next change will be in 2024, bringing in a unit from summer 2021? Legendary Byleth M or something.

Yeah, I've had a +1 +Spd Sothis for what feels like forever, but she just gathers dust. I mean, she might technically still be in my AR defense team I guess? I wouldn't know because I haven't paid attention to that mode since 2020. I only just started sending out my obligatory three auto-dispatches last week because I forgot that was a thing for free rewards. EDIT: Actually I tell a lie, I used her just last week in Chrom's abyssal LHB.

As for the starter pack, the 12 Dark blessings included weirded me out at first but I guess perhaps the choice isn't as arbitrary as it might seem at first with her being the first Dark Mythic that you don't have to brave the gacha for? I count three Light mythics in Eir, Peony and Ash, one-point-one in Astra with Reginn and the limited-time Altina, and zero Anima.

For that reason I think we won't get free Legendary heroes because they're far less essential to any given game mode. Well, unless you count Blessed Gardens... Actually I've been thinking about finally doing them, now that I've finally completed all Story Map chain challenges (which I polished off as of yesterday). Still have 36 paralogue ones to complete, which seems a lot but really that's only 18 * 8 = 144 orbs. That won't go far.

Edited by Humanoid