Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

The difficulty depends on how strong your nukes are. For me, it is pretty trivial since Harmonized nukes are all at least decently strong, and it is easier to slap two nukes and two Dancers/Singers together and just tackle it directly.

That's easier sure, but two dancers lowers the final score. And I don't know about you, but I'm pretty reliably able to maintain Tier 20.5, if not outright Tier 21, with 4 duos/harmonics as long as at least one of them is a dancer.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

The videos were also a handy place to collect comments about whether it was worth playing the map properly on a given week if you only had X number of Harmonics.

15 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

That's easier sure, but two dancers lowers the final score. And I don't know about you, but I'm pretty reliably able to maintain Tier 20.5, if not outright Tier 21, with 4 duos/harmonics as long as at least one of them is a dancer.

I usually land anywhere between Tier 19 and 21 with 2 Dancers/Singers depending on the game. 

49 minutes ago, XRay said:

I usually land anywhere between Tier 19 and 21 with 2 Dancers/Singers depending on the game. 

I have to wonder... are you using units with high-max merges? Most all of my duo/harmonic units don't have any merges, the ones that do only have one or two merges at most...

I've been consistently Tier 21 with two Harmonized Heroes with 1-3 merges each. I did a run with zero merges a few months back and didn't score high enough to stay in Tier 21 and had to redo it with a different unit that had merges. Only recently have I finally gotten Harmonized Heroes with more merges, but the extra merges don't really matter as far as reaching Tier 21.

In general for the other two slots, I've been able to get away with just picking my most mobile units with good damage output. I prioritize units with Canto, then units with high movement range.

I generally don't bother with dancers (unless one of the Harmonized Heroes is a dancer) because they often have trouble keeping up with other units since it's hard to keep Wings of Mercy active due to the fact that units heal when they kill an enemy.

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I have to wonder... are you using units with high-max merges? Most all of my duo/harmonic units don't have any merges, the ones that do only have one or two merges at most...

Nope. All my Harmonized units are low merges. They have at most +2. My highest merged Duo is Ephraim: Dynastic Duo at +10, but all other Duos are at +2 at most.

18 hours ago, XRay said:

The difficulty depends on how strong your nukes are. For me, it is pretty trivial since Harmonized nukes are all at least decently strong, and it is easier to slap two nukes and two Dancers/Singers together and just tackle it directly.

It's pretty much what I do, except the 2 dancers part since it affects the score.

Not only stronger units have been releasing each month, but also the Harmonized Heroes are also very good.

Except Spring Myrrh... She is a great unit, but I don't think she is good for the mode she was made for since she can only do something in enemy phase. In Sacred Stones weeks, I usually use her as a smite/repo unit with WoM.

Winter Altina is also not that great, but I think she is more effective than Myrrh.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Not sure if anyone else (who also has FEH Pass) has noticed this, but remember how Fallen Ninian incorrectly has Amber Connor listed as her ENG VA? Resplendent Faye got messed up too and has Brianna Knickerbocker listed as her ENG VA.

I guess this was why they never had a Resplendent release overlap with a new banner release until now.

After playing since release, despite a brief two-month break, I'm finally hanging up my cape. I've managed to +10 a good amount of units, but my personal life has just become too busy for me to continue playing with any regularity. I still love Fire Emblem and will fondly remember my time in this game, but it's time i take care of business. To further dissuade me from coming back, i'll be erasing my game data. I'll probably still check in for the art as this game has had some of the best character art i've seen in a while. 

Best wishes to everyone, may your strategies prevail.

F!Edelgard has made completing Chain Challenges very easy, I'm even more thankful for pulling one now. I'm back at 700 orbs, which puts me in pretty decent shape for the summer. I don't imagine I'll make it to CYL 6 with more than 650 in all honesty, but even that amount should be enough for me to accomplish everything I need and want to over the summer. 

My feather count is a tad over 750k, and with so many Chain Challenges yet to complete (I'm only on Book 2 for Normal and Hard), hitting 800k by the end of CYL 6 will be a walk in the park at this point. I won't look for 850k, but if I can get 820k-840k, and am lucky on my CYL 6 pulls, I should be able to complete a good third of my 5* +10 projects. The immediate ones, anyways. 

Overall, things are looking sharp! 

Clair was an old merge project of mine that I never ended up finishing. Now I got it done and she surprised me in my arena run. Sadly I don't think it will be enough to keep T21.

So ... I may have missed something, but since when was Lilina this popular overall? Or is it just the perks of being Binding Blade's "heroine" and Hector's daughter?

It just feels weird that she has only one less alt than Lucina of all people ... and if we exclude the Brave alt that Lucina was voted in for, the same.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

So ... I may have missed something, but since when was Lilina this popular overall? Or is it just the perks of being Binding Blade's "heroine" and Hector's daughter?

It just feels weird that she has only one less alt than Lucina of all people ... and if we exclude the Brave alt that Lucina was voted in for, the same.

Lilina was already popular before FEH, but it does seem like FEH did increase her popularity (started at 49th in CYL1 but increased to 25th in CYL2, then 27th in CYL3).

Lilina's results did fall off some in CYLs 4 and 5 (like most characters) due to the Three Houses influx, but she made it 23rd (her highest placement to date) in CYL6. 

17 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

She is like Nino, a character who while always popular (in the context of her own game) got the lucky chance of being added early on as a pretty decent unit with decent art which helped boost her popularity with new fans that never played an FE game before Heroes. 

Other characters like Rebecca, Raigh, Oboro and Lon'qu where popular but they were released as a pretty bad unit with questionable art so they probably lost their popularity as a result, instead of gaining more.

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

Other characters like Rebecca, Raigh, Oboro and Lon'qu where popular but they were released as a pretty bad unit with questionable art so they probably lost their popularity as a result, instead of gaining more.

Lon'qu actually isn't that good of an example from Awakening because the lowest CYL rank he has gotten was 118th (in CYL4, aka the Three Houses takeover) and is still capable of sneaking into the overall top 100.

Remember when the next Resplendent character (Gaius) was popular enough to get reincarnated into Fates? Because now, he can only get like 207th (CYL6 rank) when he started at 27th in CYL1. Donnel also suffered a similar, but not quite as bad, decline (23rd in CYL1 to 157th in CYL6).

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Lon'qu actually isn't that good of an example from Awakening because the lowest CYL rank he has gotten was 118th (in CYL4, aka the Three Houses takeover) and is still capable of sneaking into the overall top 100.

Remember when the next Resplendent character (Gaius) was popular enough to get reincarnated into Fates? Because now, he can only get like 207th (CYL6 rank) when he started at 27th in CYL1. Donnel also suffered a similar, but not quite as bad, decline (23rd in CYL1 to 157th in CYL6).

Honest mistake I thought Gaius was still popular enough because he wasn't completely ignored (first an alt, now a resplendent) while Lon'qu was.

I forgot that sometimes character are completely ignored by IS even if they have enough fans/votes for a really good placement in CYL. 

See Ayra.

12 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Honest mistake I thought Gaius was still popular enough because he wasn't completely ignored (first an alt, now a resplendent) while Lon'qu was.

I forgot that sometimes character are completely ignored by IS even if they have enough fans/votes for a really good placement in CYL. 

See Ayra.

Ayra's lack of alts so far is a bit surprising, but she's certainly a top candidate for FE4's next Ascended.

A 4* +Def Lilina was my best hero for like the first month of the game's existence, so there's that. It doesn't really get any deeper since for me since not having played FE6, her personality can be summed up as "wears a hat".

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Ayra's lack of alts so far is a bit surprising, but she's certainly a top candidate for FE4's next Ascended.

I've been thinking Ayra would be a lock for the next FE4 Resplendent, in fact I've been thinking that for as far back as when we got Eldigan's. But then we got Tailtiu, Ishtar, and Lachesis. I'm baffled.

But yeah, Lilina has always had some degree of popularity. Heroes has only improved it.

21 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Ayra has an alt. It's called Larcei.

Scáthach can confirm that his mom and sister are the same person.

A new setting will be added in the June update that will allow players to toggle on and off the ability to merge heroes of differing rarities.

...that's pretty neat I guess, but I totally forgot about the change since it was first rolled out, so I don't know if this'll actually matter to most people...

11 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

A new setting will be added in the June update that will allow players to toggle on and off the ability to merge heroes of differing rarities.

...that's pretty neat I guess, but I totally forgot about the change since it was first rolled out, so I don't know if this'll actually matter to most people...

If you regularly browse the FEH sub-Reddit, you'd definitely remember that change because there's at least one post per week there that's like "why can't I merge this lower rarity hero into this higher rarity one?". 

So since those people apparently never read the in-game notifications, you can probably bet they'll never catch wind of this change and will still keep asking "why can't I merge this lower rarity hero into this higher rarity one?". 

So for $9usd you can get 19 orbs, a new lobby design, and 5x SP gain for 3 months and then what sounds like a permanent 2x gain afterwards?

...hm... I have mixed feelings... on the one hand, having that multiplier is just nice, and given how pricy buildinga unit can get, 3 months of 5x should be more than enough to build as many units as I want. But on the other hand... what if I didn't care about SP gain and just wanted the library lobby? I like libraries, why should I have to pay to have one,

I mean yes I already bought the customization pack, but you know what I mean...

Please keep in mind that with this bonus SP multiplier, a Valor, a Blessing, and the current 2x multiplier from weekend bonus, one kill in the Special Training map nets 120 SP. That is over half of being able to learn one inherited Assist skill. You could very easily get all the SP needed for learning a Tier 3 Special in one or two runs of a Special Training map, if not all the SP a unit would ever need to learn all of their base skills.

God, what would happen if I ran one of these guys with the TT bonus... that'd be what, 240 SP per kill?

Edited by Xenomata