Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Looks like they did a good job making a different Elise because they weren't going to be able to make a better Elise. So a good outcome either way.

For the HoF re-run, none of the sixteen units hold any appeal to me, so that's another good outcome.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 hours ago, Sayyyaka said:

I haven't played in almost a year now...I shouldn't be surprised that 3-4* healers still lack refines.  And this Mystic Boost 4 seems even more mean-spirited of IS.

It is not that bad for staff units. The number of units that actually wants to run Mystic Boost on their B is basically nada because there are so many better options available. Even Eir: Life Ascendant would rather run something like Desperation or Sweep, or something annoying like Wings of Mercy if she is under AI control. The best tanks right now want to run Hardy Fighter, Savvy Fighter, or Velocity. Even with the current upgrade, Mystic Boost is still bottom-of-the-barrel tier. If we are going to see Mystic Boost 4 in PvP modes, 99% of the time is going to be on Eir: Life Ascendant because nobody else wants it and opposing player is too cheap to swap it out.

Edited by XRay

7 hours ago, XRay said:

Even Eir: Life Ascendant would rather run something like Desperation or Sweep, or something annoying like Wings of Mercy if she is under AI control.

Ascended Eir has 35 HP, which means that even at +10+5, she would have 40 HP, which is low enough that Mystic Boost 4 would heal her above 25% and reactivate her Miracle.

If you're using her in Aether Raids, you can still use her in Light season with regular Eir to get the extra healing needed to get back above 25% or sacrifice some stats to run Mystic Boost in the Sacred Seal slot.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ascended Eir has 35 HP, which means that even at +10+5, she would have 40 HP, which is low enough that Mystic Boost 4 would heal her above 25% and reactivate her Miracle.

If you're using her in Aether Raids, you can still use her in Light season with regular Eir to get the extra healing needed to get back above 25% or sacrifice some stats to run Mystic Boost in the Sacred Seal slot.

I guess reactivating her Miracle is technically an option, but if you manage to get her to low HP, you might as well keep her there to abuse Wings of Mercy.

11 hours ago, XRay said:

The number of units that actually wants to run Mystic Boost on their B is basically nada because there are so many better options available.

I can think of a grand total of one: regular Alm's Valentia!Falchion refine requires he be at max HP to trigger the Brave effect, and Mystic Boost allows him to gain the effect multiple times in a single player phase.

...it's not a GREAT use of it I admit, but the alternative is using the SS when that could have something like Death Blow slotted into it. Also doesn't really justify upgrading to MB4 since Alm only technically needs to heal off 1 damage and doesn't even want to be taking hits in the first place.

41 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I can think of a grand total of one: regular Alm's Valentia!Falchion refine requires he be at max HP to trigger the Brave effect, and Mystic Boost allows him to gain the effect multiple times in a single player phase.

...it's not a GREAT use of it I admit, but the alternative is using the SS when that could have something like Death Blow slotted into it. Also doesn't really justify upgrading to MB4 since Alm only technically needs to heal off 1 damage and doesn't even want to be taking hits in the first place.

Spd/Def Bulwark exists for the healing, and it increases damage by debuffing the foe's Def.

Mystic Boost got even better healing, but it is not necessary, and its Atk debuff, Null Staff, and Null adaptive damage does not really help him.

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

Spd/Def Bulwark exists for the healing, and it increases damage by debuffing the foe's Def.

Valentia!Falchion and Mystic Boost have been around far longer than Bulwark. The listed use was pretty much the only one available to Alm up until a month ago.

Also would feel like a kind of meaningless waste of fodder...

Edited by Xenomata

I actually think Caineghis is a legitimit user for mystc boost 4, hes weapon takes care of most of the B-Slot stuff for armors, eccept for guard and special acceleration which can be outsourced (Kaden)or run in his seal slot

the -5 atk makes him more tanky and the 10 HP helps him recover health

4 hours ago, Hilda said:

I actually think Caineghis is a legitimit user for mystc boost 4, hes weapon takes care of most of the B-Slot stuff for armors, eccept for guard and special acceleration which can be outsourced (Kaden)or run in his seal slot

If you don't consider running him with Hardy Fighter + Defensive Special, then it could be an option.

4 hours ago, Hilda said:

Caineghis's Res is pretty low for a Distant Counter tank, even when you consider the stat boosts from his weapon, and ranged tanks in general have too many skill effects that they need to have in order to function in competitive game modes, which makes it harder to fix the lower stats with other skills.

The worst case scenario for mandatory skills is as a Far Save tank in Aether Raids, where he needs Svalinn Shield in the A slot to prevent being instantly deleted by Duo Chrom, and he ideally also wants Deflect Magic in the Sacred Seal slot to better tank Harmonized Lysithea and anything Harmonized Catria throws at him. Mystic Boost 4 doesn't quite do enough for him in comparison to Hardy Fighter, especially since Hardy Fighter is also blocking Duo Chrom's guaranteed follow-up, assuming you're already offloading Guard to Kaden.

6 hours ago, Hilda said:

Hardy Fighter is too great of an opportunity cost to pay in my opinion, especially as a Far Save tank. Melee Save tanks want Savvy Fighter or Hardy Fighter, and infantry tanks want Velocity.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

The worst case scenario for mandatory skills is as a Far Save tank in Aether Raids, where he needs Svalinn Shield in the A slot to prevent being instantly deleted by Duo Chrom, and he ideally also wants Deflect Magic in the Sacred Seal slot to better tank Harmonized Lysithea and anything Harmonized Catria throws at him. Mystic Boost 4 doesn't quite do enough for him in comparison to Hardy Fighter, especially since Hardy Fighter is also blocking Duo Chrom's guaranteed follow-up, assuming you're already offloading Guard to Kaden.

I do not think the low Res is that big of an issue once you run any two Nifls, as that will largely balance out his bulk with +8 Res.

Edited by XRay

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

I do not think the low Res is that big of an issue once you run any two Nifls, as that will largely balance out his bulk with +8 Res.

You don't have team slots for two Nifls in Aether Raids if you're actually going for score. You get one Kaden or one Nifl. That's it.

42 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You don't have team slots for two Nifls in Aether Raids if you're actually going for score. You get one Kaden or one Nifl. That's it.

Two Save tanks, two Nifls, one Mythic, and one bonus Mythic. You can put one of the Nifls in the special slot. Three blessed units with two Mythics in the regulat slots will still score relatively optimally if you have not fully maximized the Mythics' merges yet.

I'm actually very excited to see Cervantes make it into the game. May be, just may be, we'll actually get Pheros some day sooner rather than later and I can finally put together my dream team of Walhart, Yenfai, Cervantes, and Pheros. If only one of them was a far save tank, but well nothing's perfect.

Our next Resplendent Hero is Nidavellir Jaffar:

chara_img_00029007000110_01.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00029007000110_02.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00029007000110_03.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00029007000110_04.png

This makes him our second Nidavellir dagger after Sothe and our fifth Resplendent dagger overall (all of which have been infantry). As usual, the art is pretty good. Tactical assassin.

Unfortunately, Jaffar's stats are pretty unsalvageable for conventional combat. With the Resplendent boost and max Dragonflowers, he has 48/33/40/32/29. In comparison, Legault has 44/36/43/29/24 and a significantly better weapon, and Cath has 43/38/45/29/32 and access to the same inheritable weapons as Jaffar, but is green. As far as 4-star colorless daggers go, Gaius (even without Resplendent boosts), Kaze, Chad, Gangrel, and Kronya all have better offenses in addition to the previously mentioned Legault.

Jaffar's exclusive weapon isn't awful, but it does compete with Bone Carver, which has a similar effect. Deathly Dagger deals 10 damage to the target and surrounding opponents after combat and blocks counterattacks from tome units, whereas Bone Carver deals only 7 damage to the target and surrounding opponents, but boosts Atk and Spd by 5 (though 2 points of that Atk boost are lost to lower Mt).

Jaffar can still be built with an okay Sweep + Savage Blow build by running Windsweep, which allows him to Sweep everything except dragons and staves as long as he is faster (and tomes even if he isn't faster), though he's going to be unable to Sweep most fast units due to his lower base Spd, lack of a Spd boost from his weapon, and the potential sacrifice of Spd for another stack of Savage Blow or Poison Strike in the Sacred Seal slot.

Since other units can run inheritable weapons better than he can, he's better off just running something based around Deathly Dagger, but if you insist on using Jaffar with an inheritable weapon, his best options are the standard Vicious Dagger and Bone Carver builds.

Yay, IS finally remembered Nidavellir exists.

So maybe if we're lucky, they'll also remember that Tellius exists before 2022 ends.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

As far as 4-star colorless daggers go, Gaius (even without Resplendent boosts), Kaze, Chad, Gangrel, and Kronya all have better offenses in addition to the previously mentioned Legault.

Yeah, and Kronya's refine is coming up pretty soon too in December.

Jaffar had no hope of being usable anyways, but that still stings for him.

Ah cool, I'm happy to see Jaffar get a little love. The art looks good and the stat boost is a little bonus for fans who really want to use him. At the same time, though, if they were gonna go with Blazing Blade, I kinda wish they'd have picked Brave Lyn or Ninian. Still, nice to see Jaffar.

Ick... kinda feel like Jaffar got heavily screwed by early-unit stat allocation. I think they intended for his Atk and Spd to look Assassin-y via Life and Death 3 since this was still in the days when units couldn't use Skill Inheritance? But the fact that he's now worse off than other dagger units even just in the 4* pool, let alone the fact that his Prf refine doesn't do him any good... again, ick.

Does look like good art though.

5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Ick... kinda feel like Jaffar got heavily screwed by early-unit stat allocation. I think they intended for his Atk and Spd to look Assassin-y via Life and Death 3 since this was still in the days when units couldn't use Skill Inheritance? But the fact that he's now worse off than other dagger units even just in the 4* pool, let alone the fact that his Prf refine doesn't do him any good... again, ick.

Does look like good art though.

IIRC, Skill Inheritance was added at the beginning of March 2017, and Jaffar was added in the middle of March 2017. But it took a while for them to really start accounting for the implications.

Ah, neat. I appreciate that you can see his shoulder tattoo in his damaged art. It's a nice touch that was definitely intentional, and really makes me feel like the artist really cared about the subject being drawn. It's fun seeing the jeweled gear being on the belt for a change, too, and overall the art is good. (The only thing is the belly button slot that just feels like "stab me here please." Like, it just looks more like a convenient place to stick a blade than even just having a crop top, probably because it's in the rough shape of a blade when viewed straight on.)

• 2 weeks later...

The new Christmas Banner is fast approaching and I hope they'll make things more interesting this time around. Less boring santa outfits and more Christmas elves, Father Christmas, Ebenezer Scrooge or even Sinterklaas instead. 

Garon being visited by the three ghosts of the winter festival would be a hilarious set up for a banner. 

I was expecting the sillhouettes last night (8 hours ago, it was night to me), but we didn't get that... The TT Notification + banner is at tomorrow's reset, and we should get the trailer tonight (in about 16 hours).

I wonder if the calendar is one day off because of DST? Or are we getting a Feh Channel tonight because when we don't get sillhouettes, that usually means the Special Heroes Banner appear in a Feh Channel?

We got a Feh Channel to introduce the Pirate Theme in 2020, and then another Feh Channel to introduce the Ninja Theme in 2020. Then this year we got the Thieves Theme also introduced in a Feh Channel. I wonder if they may stop with Ninjas and introduce a new theme for this month's special heroes.

13 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Garon being visited by the three ghosts of the winter festival would be a hilarious set up for a banner. 

Great idea, but who would they be? Hel seems a bit on the ghost for Ghost of Christmas Future, but she could do with an alt. You'd also need someone to play the role of Marley (which makes a neat five characters, though an expected Duo or Harmonic would have to be one of the ghosts, that could be the Ghost of Christmas Present who hides children under his robe).

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I was expecting the sillhouettes last night (8 hours ago, it was night to me), but we didn't get that... The TT Notification + banner is at tomorrow's reset, and we should get the trailer tonight (in about 16 hours).

I wonder if the calendar is one day off because of DST? Or are we getting a Feh Channel tonight because when we don't get sillhouettes, that usually means the Special Heroes Banner appear in a Feh Channel?

We got a Feh Channel to introduce the Pirate Theme in 2020, and then another Feh Channel to introduce the Ninja Theme in 2020. Then this year we got the Thieves Theme also introduced in a Feh Channel. I wonder if they may stop with Ninjas and introduce a new theme for this month's special heroes.

The English calendar is just straight up wrong about the date of the TT+ banner. The Japanese calendar has the 6th as date for the TT+ banner.