Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

8 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

I don't know if the Engage heroes cup replaces the usual AHR event, which would be horrible, cheap, and petty, but assuming that's not the case, could you bros do me a big one and send a vote or two to Embla? I ended up getting Veronica instead on my pulls and don't have any orbs left right now so i'll really appreciate it 😅

I feel pretty confident that we'll get a normal AHR, and I'm already planning on voting for her there. Does seem likely for her to do well.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

It seems like they've given up on including Grail units in Hall of Forms. This is the sixth one in a row that has no Grail unit, with the most recent being Kempf back in June.

That's good though, right? Like, the advantage of Hall of Forms is that you can buy a unit with certainty and get some high quality skills on them. I value being able to buy a unit from the backlog I don't have more so than a Grail unit I can buy whenever I want.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

That's good though, right? Like, the advantage of Hall of Forms is that you can buy a unit with certainty and get some high quality skills on them. I value being able to buy a unit from the backlog I don't have more so than a Grail unit I can buy whenever I want.

And I value having a unit that I know Trait Fruits won't be wasted on by pulling copies with a better Asset.

So far every Hall of Forms has had at least 3 units from the banner backlog. Is it too much to ask for just 1 unit from the Grail pool each time?

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Depends on your spending habits. For paying players, particularly higher spenders, we can get any unit we want and merge them without much difficulty. Grail units on the other hand are harder to come by in comparison since Grail income is limited and time gated.

And as Ice Dragon mentioned, there is a potential saving on Fruits too.

On average I feel like getting a good 5-star exclusive Forma unit is like pulling two good units. This is because their base kits are good enough that realistically the result of the HoF is that their overall quality is maybe their base kit plus one other unit's worth of skill inheritance. Indeed it often it feels like the Forma Soul is essentially just the unit itself plus Ruptured Sky. That's not true in a literal sense of course, since I'm obviously discounting the marginal benefits of replacing, for example, a unit's native Atk/Spd Push 4 with Atk/Spd Catch 4. But realistically I would never do that replacement with actual normal units.

Doing so for a grail unit instead feels more like three optimal units worth of skill inheritance on average? That, plus 500 grails (great) and 20k feathers (meh). I don't really care about the Assist slot, but filling their special, A, B and C skills is normally an extremely arduous task. That's just gut feel though, I don't know if it actually averages out like that in practice. And yeah, it avoids the terrible feeling of losing a good asset in a unit you've pulled manually in exchange for the Forma skills.

Finally, I personally really dislike having good units without a single merge, so that often stops me from even considering getting a particular Forma version of a unit I don't have. If I'm looking for a unit to use in some gameplay mode I typically will apply one filter (e.g. fliers) then only scroll through all the merged units on the list and pick one that catches my eye from those. There's just too much of a quagmire of useless unmerged units in my barracks that I can't be bothered spotting the few diamonds amongst them. Yes I know I should throw the useless ones in the reserves. Yes I'm lazy, but it also makes comparing natures difficult. Like say I pull a random 4*SR Leo, is he better or worse than my existing one? Having to check the reserves to confirm is annoying.

Edited by Humanoid

I just use it to get seasonals that I barely ever pull for. It's not like I need many more particularly outstanding units for any game mode. Any any character I can build using skill inheritance (which forma is basically a free version of) isn't actually going to be better than the legendary and brave units with broken base kit.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

I just use it to get seasonals that I barely ever pull for. It's not like I need many more particularly outstanding units for any game mode. Any any character I can build using skill inheritance (which forma is basically a free version of) isn't actually going to be better than the legendary and brave units with broken base kit.

Same. For my first few Forma Soul uses, I went specifically for armors to round out my number of Save skills - Winter Fae and Halloween Dozla with Far Save, and Picnic Felicia with Near Save. I also picked up Valentine's Rudolf and Halloween Dheginsea since, like Dozla, they're seasonal-locked characters I wanted (and also armors able to pick up more Save skills), and used my other two free souls so far on Anniversary Merric and Anniversary L'Arachel just because they show fun alternate sides of the characters in question. Dozla and L'Arachel have proved very useful and now make regular appearances on my teams, but the others, not so much.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

I do this as well.  If there is a seasonal I really want but can't pull for whatever reason I just wait for their HoF and get them then.  It is nice to have a 100% chance at getting them with better then starting skills.  

I just had a random thought about Harmonic Cordelia and Selena. They're visually red, but are a blue unit because Cordelia has a lance. Meanwhile, Harmonic Catria and Thea are visually blue but a green unit since they use an axe. To continue this pattern, we need a pair of pegasus knights from different games who are visually green who can wield a red sword one day ...

How does Harmonic Palla and Annand sound? Yes I know Erinys and Elincia and many others are also green-haired pegasus knights but Annand has that big sister connection

I don't think they'd give Palla a Harmonic on top of a Duo at this stage of the game, although it's obviously the correct thing to do. 😉

Yeah you could flip it, but I don't think Annand is going to sell a seasonal banner like the other greenies would. In the same breath I'd totally put big brother Seteth as the lead with Palla as the backpack though. 😄

31 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I don't think they'd give Palla a Harmonic on top of a Duo at this stage of the game, although it's obviously the correct thing to do. 😉

Yeah you could flip it, but I don't think Annand is going to sell a seasonal banner like the other greenies would. In the same breath I'd totally put big brother Seteth as the lead with Palla as the backpack though. 😄

I wouldn't think Annand would sell a regular banner, yet she's still in the game (she was on a regular banner, right? Dithorba was the GHB?)

26 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I wouldn't think Annand would sell a regular banner, yet she's still in the game (she was on a regular banner, right? Dithorba was the GHB?)

The difference is that the Harmonized Hero is the centerpiece (or co-centerpiece) of a banner and actually needs to pull weight selling the banner, whereas Mahnya was obviously not the centerpiece of her release banner and was not pulling any weight.

If anything, a green-haired Harmonized pegasus pair would likely go to Ferry and Palla if Palla isn't the one in front.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Lol, I actually forgot that Palla already led a duo alt. All right, so unless IS decides to break patterns I guess she won't be the lead and Annand isn't popular enough to be the lead. Maybe it'll be Erinys and Annand duo. Or Erinys and Fee. Or Elincia and Palla, I don't know. All I can say is that there are a lot of green haired pegasus knights.

If they wanted to put Est in a duo/harmonized with a pink-haired pegasus knight though do you have any other options besides Marcia

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The difference is that the Harmonized Hero is the centerpiece (or co-centerpiece) of a banner and actually needs to pull weight selling the banner, whereas Mahnya was obviously not the centerpiece of her release banner and was not pulling any weight.

If anything, a green-haired Harmonized pegasus pair would likely go to Ferry and Palla if Palla isn't the one in front.

That is, of course true, but the other characters are still there becauae they're considered salable. I don't realpy expect harmonic Annand, but stranger things have happened. Her and Dithorba are just a weird path to have gone down to begin with.

The next Resplendent Hero has been announced early again, and it's Embla Gordin:

chara_img_00001009000063_01.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00001009000063_02.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00001009000063_03.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00001009000063_04.png

The outfit looks nice, but I have to say I like his face in his original art better. It's a bit more lively. The bow also looks a bit out of place, and I think it would have been better to recolor it a little to match the rest of the outfit.

As far as performance, Gordin is still extremely outclassed.

With max Dragonflowers, he has only 50/38/32+/39/24- with too many points wasted in HP.

His weapon is simply a 9-Mt Brave Bow with Atk/Def Rein 3, which is a full 4 effective Atk less than Whitecap Bow+ and is only 2 effective Atk higher than Ninja Yumi+ with the maximum damage boost.

His weapon has a full 7 effective Atk more than Wyvern Yumi+, but Ninja Heath (who comes with the weapon and is a 4-star unit, but seasonal) with an Atk Asset has 7 more Atk than Resplendent Gordin with an Atk Asset, and Heath uses far fewer Dragonflowers to max out.

With his weapon equipped, Resplendent Gordin ends up with 50/51/27+/43/28- with max Dragonflowers compared to Ninja Heath with a much more optimized 43/50+/16/46-/36 with max Dragonflowers. Heath doesn't get the Rein support effect, but instead has the Meister effect.

Speaking as someone who put a bit of investment behind Gordin... eh, it's nice I suppose, but I prefer the original art a bit more. The Resplendent stats mostly only offers an extra 4 damage and maaaaaaybe like 1 extra Bonfire trigger damage.

He's already fallen off in usage very heavily even before Whitecap Bow was a thing, so unfortunately there's just not a lot of good behind me getting this Resplendent... actually it'll mostly just be a side effect of getting Resplendent Lucina's outfit.

About the resplendent... for a moment I thought that was Ryan and not Gordin.

Anyway,

Altina: Cross-Time Duo is scheduled to appear in a summoning event in January as well.

This made me think, and I believe Winter Altina will take the seasonal refinement slot for January 2023. So my guess we will not have Winter Sothis refinement next month and she will be delayed to February.

Also, having Altina taking the red slot for a New Power banner could mean we have finally a chance to have the three house leaders together for the refinement. For them to be together, only when the seasonal refinement is a red unit. Altina in the banner is the perfect chance, or else is waiting until July/August for Spring Idunn.

Let them all go?! But Veronicaaaa!

Or alternatively

Loki: “Ooh, but sad for you, you look awful dangerous in the uniform… MISTER EMBLA SOLDIER! Ha! Soon as the prince sees you, ‘e’ll say, “Yow! It’s an enemy ambush!”-And that’ll be the end of you.”''

Edited by Etrurian emperor