Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, Rezzy said:

How are they similar to other As, though?

They aren't, but they are A for this simple reason:

Counter + Quick Riposte = Busted

Counter + Vantage = Busted

T-Adept + Counter = meh

Fury + Counter = not really that amazing :/

The best way to utilize counters is with B types of skills, not the other A skills. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

16 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

They aren't, but they are A for this simple reason:

Counter + Quick Riposte = Busted

Counter + Vantage = Busted

T-Adept + Counter = meh

Fury + Counter = not really that amazing :/

The best way to utilize counters is with B types of skills, not the other A skills. 

Isn't that an argument the the Counters should be B, so you don't have cheese combos?

Could it be that (most?) B skills have conditions (HP mainly but also stuff like intiating the combat)  to activate or only affect the enemy for the seal skillswhile Counter skills and the various shields don't and are pretty much a permant change in the unit with the skills? Some A skills do have conditions (though most fit the stat raising part of A) but it does have a decent supply of skills that don't. 

I wonder if the Radiance/Zephiel bonus hero lineup will last for three weeks rather than the usual two. The Ike banner ends on May 15, a Monday, which under the normal schedule, would be just a day before the next bonus hero rotation starts with the characters that will have only been released a day before. That'd be pretty odd.

Which would make it even more annoying that I haven't pulled any of the current focus characters, unless a character I already have at 5* turns out to be on the lineup. I've managed to go the past three rotations with 5* bonus heroes (Priscilla, Camilla, and Sharena); I don't want to take the score hit of running a 4* character for three weeks! :x

22 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Isn't that an argument the the Counters should be B, so you don't have cheese combos?

Eh maybe but when you have desperation, distant and/or close counter become irrelevant anyway.

There are always ways around it, but if they weren't A skills the value of counter moves would probably be a lot lower.

I don't really even think those builds are that "cheesy" to be honest, if you're smart enough and pay close attention to the enemy and have good coverage.

@MaskedAmpharos @MrSmokestack @Rezzy @Arcanite

I think the reason Distant Counter and Close Counter are passive A skills are so that they are incompatible with Fury, Life and Death, and Triangle Adept.

The other argument would be that if Distant Counter and Close Counter were passive B skills, characters with Distant Counter, Close Counter, or Quick Riposte innately on their weapons would be utterly broken because they would be the only units that could legally have both skills simultaneously. Making the two Counter skills passive A skills allows all units to have access to that combination at the cost of being unable to use Fury, Life and Death, Triangle Adept, and the Blow skills.

I was planning on saving my next 5* promote for Xander so I have the entire Nohrian royals as 5*, but pulling for greens gave me a +Atk/-Res 4* Cherche and I'm seriously considering promoting her and then merging my current +Def/-Res 5* Brave Axe+ Cherche into her. (I also have a spare 4* Hawkeye that could give her Death Blow 2).

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@MaskedAmpharos @MrSmokestack @Rezzy @Arcanite

I think the reason Distant Counter and Close Counter are passive A skills are so that they are incompatible with Fury, Life and Death, and Triangle Adept.

The other argument would be that if Distant Counter and Close Counter were passive B skills, characters with Distant Counter, Close Counter, or Quick Riposte innately on their weapons would be utterly broken because they would be the only units that could legally have both skills simultaneously. Making the two Counter skills passive A skills allows all units to have access to that combination at the cost of being unable to use Fury, Life and Death, Triangle Adept, and the Blow skills.

That makes sense, I guess it gives more units the potential to be OP, rather than just a few.

3 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I was planning on saving my next 5* promote for Xander so I have the entire Nohrian royals as 5*, but pulling for greens gave me a +Atk/-Res 4* Cherche and I'm seriously considering promoting her and then merging my current +Def/-Res 5* Brave Axe+ Cherche into her. (I also have a spare 4* Hawkeye that could give her Death Blow 2).

Depends on what you need.

Need a busted Sword user with innate distant counter? Yay Xander

Need a super strong ax user who does BOAT LOADS of samage with a brave ax? Yay Cherche!

Finally got Ike to learn Reposition, now to work on Swordbreaker 2 and 3. :P That's another 300 SP total, and then I can give him a rest. lol

Frederick actually needs more SP to get Bonfire too, so I'll grind him for SP after.

Just now, Arcanite said:

Depends on what you need.

Need a busted Sword user with innate distant counter? Yay Xander

Need a super strong ax user who does BOAT LOADS of samage with a brave ax? Yay Cherche!

Considering I have Lucina, Lyn, Eirika, Alm and Ike, a 5* Sword isn't in high demand (and Sanaki is my go to red most of the time)

So I think I'll make myself a 40+1 +Atk Cherche.

Just now, LuxSpes said:

So I think I'll make myself a 40+1 +Atk Cherche.

Also, I'd rather wait for a Klein than promote Hawkeye for Death Blow fodder. Just an additional 2 cents!

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Finally got Ike to learn Reposition

Isn't it completely busted? (If you got a chance to test it)

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Does Xander actually have really good stats?

They're not ridiculously amazing....

But they definitely don't suck either

Let's just say, when he comes out...

Spoiler

My body feathers are ready

Just now, Arcanite said:

Also, I'd rather wait for a Klein than promote Hawkeye for Death Blow fodder. Just an additional 2 cents!

Oh I wasn't planning to promote Hawkeye, but rather settle for Death Blow 2.

I would like to use a Klein as a 4* Death Blow 3 fodder but I haven't found a single Klein, let alone 2. (I say 2 since I'd rather keep one of the Klein.)

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Yeah, I have it on Freddy too and I was having him Reposition Olivia in those battles because she's still weak and if she dies, she can't dance Ike for more kills. :P

Man, I definitely have things to do in the game now though, thanks to all the spam summoning I did to get Ike! I have two other 5 star reds to train up in Marth and Alm, and a few 4 stars I want to level up more as well, including Olivia, Lon'qu (after I'd gotten a 3 star neutral to lv. 40... But this 4 star one is also neutral! lol And I no longer have to spend 2,000 feathers on him), adult Tiki, Jeorge, Raven, Cain, and I never finished leveling Stahl or Abel to 40 either.

And I also got two Lilinas, but I think they're both bad nature... So I'm holding off on her. Cain also is a bad bane and boon, but since I got Abel leveled up most of the way, I figure why not add the Bull with the Panther.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

but rather settle for Death Blow 2.

Ew, settlers

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Cain also is a bad bane and boon, but since I got Abel leveled up most of the way, I figure why not add the Bull with the Panther.

Well, you can always use Cain's Wings of Mercy for wicked strats ;):;):;):. Just think of all the filth you can do.........

I wish I had one :(

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Ew, settlers

Well, you can always use Cain's Wings of Mercy for wicked strats ;):;):;):. Just think of all the filth you can do.........

I wish I had one :(

...He's got Threaten Atk too. I wish I'd noticed that before merging the two I pulled. Well, I'll guess I'll dump him on Ike later anyway. xP I really want that skill for him...

EDIT: Wait, I'll go Threaten Spd instead, actually. I realized Ike's Heavy Blade 3 goes into effect pretty much 100% of the time already. No need for help there. Threaten Spd will lower the chances of people being doubled by somebody and raise his chances of doubling himself.

Edited by Anacybele

22 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Does Xander actually have really good stats?

Here:

Stats are 44 / 32 / 24 / 37 / 17.

Skills are Siegfried (16 Atk, Distant Counter), Blazing Light, Armored Blow, and Spur Def.

Just completed this beauty! She has a few more skills like Vantage and such, what would you guys suggest I give her? I pulled a Hector while searching for Soren/Titania last banner and I'm really inclined to give her Distant Counter, but I only have one Hector and he's +ATK -RES aswell >.<. Anyway, thoughs?

(Tagging @DehNutCase because I think he might like this)

Edit: Might be better in the 'Inheritance' topic now that I think about it. 

Edited by Birdy

3 minutes ago, Birdy said:
*snip image*

Just completed this beauty! She has a few more skills like Vantage and such, what would you guys suggest I give her? I pulled a Hector while searching for Soren/Titania last banner and I'm really inclined to give her Distant Counter, but I only have one Hector and he's +ATK -RES aswell >.<. Anyway, though

(Tagging @DehNutCase because I think he might like this)

Wo Dao+ and Bonfire is an interesting choice. (I'm assuming you're using Selena to tank a round, charge her special to 3, and then Bonfire & desperation hit to kill a dude?)

With that in mind, the build seems pretty much complete.

Off-topic: Only just noticed that the teams I've been fighting in arena were all teams with multiple merges, wonder why I never noticed before. (Probably because Cordelia kills them all anyway.)

Swordbreaker 2 get! My Ike is coming along. ^^

But instead of using a stamina potion this time, I'm letting it fill back up some on its own. My phone needs charged anyway. Ike currently has 34 SP though, so he has a decent head start on reaching the 200 needed for Swordbreaker 3.

Even though I have a 4 star Selena I can dump on him for all three Threaten Spd skills, he'll still be taking a break so I can finish getting Freddy Bonfire.

I couldn't resist the temptation and did this:
-Promote Hinata to 4* just to feed his Fury 3 to Lucina
-Sacrificed Selena's Reposition to Minerva
-Gave Robin (M) Rally Attack since Lukas is already planned to be the tank (heck, Lucina has more defense than Robin anyways thanks to Fury). Besides, I couldn't figure out what other assist skill to give him

Things I plan to do:
-Get another 4* Fae to feed her Renewal to Lucina
-Get someone with Swap to feed to Lukas. Still also need someone with Threaten Atk.
-Somehow need Threaten Def so that my Minerva is complete
-Still need to think of a suitable assist skill for Lucina (might be Ardent Sacrifice)
-Get 4* Abel to feed his Swordbreaker to Robin to complete his skillset
-Eventually start working on Lachesis and Felicia's skillset
-Promote Reinhardt to deal with Ike?

Remember when I said that I wouldn't use inherit skill that much?

Spoiler

I lied.