Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

17 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

I thought it was a future banner. What is it?

It probably is, from the wording. (Seems like a 4 popular heroes banner with a base rate of 5% rather than 3%). Don't quote me on it, though, should probably ask @Ice Dragon to translate. (I can sort of understand Japanese, but only because I can read Chinese, and there's a lot of loan words. Unfortunately that's a half-assed reading at best.)

Interestingly enough, however, because it's 4 heroes from all 4 colors, the actual 5* rate from any given color is probably slightly worse than pulling from a normal banner, from an orb where 2 or more focus units are in.

Edited by DehNutCase

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I mean there'll be banners during the gauntlet, so you can pull for them. 

I looked for Minerva in the wyvern banner and got the other Minerva.

17 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Wanna trade?

unless she's –Atk or –Spd

Also, Tharja is going to win this one, calling it. I'm going Team Julia. Did anyone open the thread already? I wanna have dibs on it!

Also also, cancer banner incoming. It's almost like I didn't fight enough Azuras, Takumis, Hectors, or Ryomas in the arena.

Edited by Vaximillian

I just realized the sacred seal daily orb login bonus ends today, and that banner comes out tomorrow.
Seriously IS, that's too cruel. You knew that we were gonna spend our orbs on Ike. They're probably laughing at their headquarters right now.

Also Feh is too adorable. Why can't Feh be playable? ;-;

39 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

So apparently there's some kind of special summon event tonight.

Basically, starting at the usual time tonight, a banner with Azura, Hector, Ryoma, and Takumi with a combined 5% chance of a focus character. No information on an end date.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

unless she's –Atk or –Spd

Also, Tharja is going to win this one, calling it. I'm going Team Julia. Did anyone open the thread already? I wanna have dibs on it!

Also also, cancer banner incoming. It's almost like I didn't fight enough Azuras, Takumis, Hectors, or Ryomas in the arena.

She's +Spd/-Atk lmao

The losing team seems to get a 3x bonus (according to @shadowofchaos since I don't understand JP), so the winner may not be as clear as we think (...but probably yeah)

And hey I'll be Team Julia too :D I look forward to having your Sharena again

I'm honestly not sure who to put for my rep, but I'm currently between Ryoma, Ike, Reinhardt, and Nino (all 5* with skill inheritance)

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Shoutouts to all the poor folks who blew everything on Ike. You might love him a lot, but you can't beat literal cancer banner.

Heavy Blade is damn good, though.

A hypothetical Dancing Blade that works off Speed would be pretty much strictly superior, however. (Since speed helps you land doubles.)

43 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I mean there'll be banners during the gauntlet, so you can pull for them. 

This could be my chance to get Julia up to +10 :O

Or to get a merged Linde

Or I could spend my orbs getting Hector or Ryoma merges or Azura

It's so hard to decide I'm losing my mind

You better not be one of the jerks I keep running into in arena with a high merged Julia.

For real though, I don't understand how 9/10 Julias I come across are like +3-6, and there's usually a dancer on the team to rub salt in the wound even more.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

You better not be one of the jerks I keep running into in arena with a high merged Julia.

For real though, I don't understand how 9/10 Julias I come across are like +3-6, and there's usually a dancer on the team to rub salt in the wound even more.

Nope, only +1

BUT THAT ALL CHANGES SOON

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Green doesn't have a lot of 5* units. This means, strangely enough, that you can more easily get non-focus green 5*s to merge than other colors, due to the effect of pity-rate on pull odds.

I haven't done the math, but a simple way to think of it is like this:

To get a +10 5* only unit, you'll, on average, pull enough of that color to get a +10 5* only of every unit in that color. Less units = less pulls needed.

Edited by DehNutCase

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Sigh. You'd think they'd up the character cap by now. What a pain.

I want to pull for some more Distant Counter fodder, but there's just not enough space.

If you give me all of your units you'll have plenty of space

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sigh. You'd think they'd up the character cap by now. What a pain.

I want to pull for some more Distant Counter fodder, but there's just not enough space.

Obviously it's time to merge up all your 3*s and start planning a 3*+10 arena team just for kicks.

16 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Green doesn't have a lot of 5* units. This means, strangely enough, that you can more easily get non-focus green 5*s to merge than other colors, due to the effect of pity-rate on pull odds.

I haven't done the math, but a simple way to think of it is like this:

To get a +10 5* only unit, you'll, on average, pull enough of that color to get a +10 5* only of every unit in that color. Less units = less pulls needed.

They better start flooding the green unit roster soon then, because these +5 Julias need to get off my case. When I have a team of no merged units with a 4*, non-skill inheritance Virion tagging along for the season bonus, you'd think they'd leave me alone. I haven't actually lost any matches to them, but they still spook me.

14 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Obviously it's time to merge up all your 3*s and start planning a 3*+10 arena team just for kicks.

With 500 total character slots and 124 different characters, that's an average of 4 copies of each character, which means I can on average only make a team of 3-star +3s.

...Which is super underwhelming.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

With 500 total character slots and 124 different characters, that's an average of 4 copies of each character, which means I can on average only make a team of 3-star +3s.

...Which is super underwhelming.

4-5* characters don't exist as 3*s.

Edit: There seems to be about 50 3* pullables. If your whole box were 3*s, about 40% of them would be able to be +10'd.

Edited by DehNutCase

5 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

4-5* characters don't exist as 3*s.

Edit: There seems to be about 50 3* pullables. If your whole box were 3*s, about 40% of them would be able to be +10'd.

But I still need space for all those 4-star and 5-star exclusives. It's not like they suddenly take no box space (what I would give for 5-star characters to not take up box space).