• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I caved in and bought orbs, and managed to land Azura from them! :D She's also my fourth +HP 5 star in a row. lol But not bad since she's -Def as well. I fear I'll have trouble keeping her alive, but she's a dancer/singer that's also decent at combat. I also had some good skill fodder for her, so she'll be full on skills (aside from a seal) when I'm done with her. :3

Still no Ryoma yet though. >_< (I only got a total of four reds to pull out of six sessions...) But I'll get him someday. Just need to be patient.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I caved in and bought orbs, and managed to land Azura from them! :D She's also my fourth +HP 5 star in a row. lol But not bad since she's -Def as well. I fear I'll have trouble keeping her alive, but she's a dancer/singer that's also decent at combat. I also had some good skill fodder for her, so she'll be full on skills (aside from a seal) when I'm done with her. :3

Still no Ryoma yet though. >_< (I only got a total of four reds to pull out of six sessions...) But I'll get him someday. Just need to be patient.

She's only decent at combat against reds. She's actually more likely to die from archers and mages than Olivia (or at least equally likely), which I believe was your main concern with Olivia anyways? 

That said, I don't want to sound negative or anything; I just wanted to make sure you didn't take any risks with Azura just because she's more combat-oriented. 

In any case, congratulations on your Azura! I've actually been trying to pull her but with no luck, but I guess I can't complain since I got a 3rd Ryoma. 

9 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I do

Anybody you have in mind you're gonna grind up with this SP?

I have to do Male Robin since he hasn't gotten draw back yet

First up is Ike for sure, since I just got him to 40 but haven't put any skills on him yet. Then probably my 5* Catria and Marth which are both still un-inherited too. Not sure what I'll do with them, but out of my non-main 5* units they'll be the most likely for me to use. With the upcoming perma-death event I might as well get a bigger skill-inherited roster while I can.

I might even raise up my 4* Oboro and inherit her a little bit, but she's -def/+spd and I'm not sure if that compromises her too much. However I'm an Oboro fan so I might anyway.

4 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Good lord. I don't know how I didn't expect there to be art of her in that. God bless.

I really wish I'd roll even a 3* of her already. Get out of my face Batre and Barst.

7 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

She's only decent at combat against reds. She's actually more likely to die from archers and mages than Olivia (or at least equally likely), which I believe was your main concern with Olivia anyways? 

That said, I don't want to sound negative or anything; I just wanted to make sure you didn't take any risks with Azura just because she's more combat-oriented. 

In any case, congratulations on your Azura! I've actually been trying to pull her but with no luck, but I guess I can't complain since I got a 3rd Ryoma. 

My main concern with my old Olivia was keeping her alive, yes, due to the -Spd bane causing near everything to double her. And she wasn't great at combat either.

Azura is generally considered to be a better option than Olivia, and a better color. Also, she's a high res unit, which I could use on a team with Ike, Ephraim, Frederick, and/or Klein. With the Blue Tomebreaker I'm giving her from an extra female Robin (I finally managed to get two more of her), she'll be able to take out both red and blue ones for me. And blue would wreck Klein, Ike, and Ephraim pretty hard. Frederick can only survive one hit from them (and Linde will kill him unless he reaches her first to one-shot her). Her res boosting skill might let my guys survive more magic hits too. Though that's a big if.

I also like Azura more as a character.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

My main concern with my old Olivia was keeping her alive, yes, due to the -Spd bane causing near everything to double her. And she wasn't great at combat either.

Azura is generally considered to be a better option than Olivia, and a better color. Also, she's a high res unit, which I could use on a team with Ike, Ephraim, Frederick, and/or Klein. With the Blue Tomebreaker I'm giving her from an extra female Robin (I finally managed to get two more of her), she'll be able to take out both red and blue ones for me. And blue would wreck Klein, Ike, and Ephraim pretty hard. Frederick can only survive one hit from them (and Linde will kill him unless he reaches her first to one-shot her). Her res boosting skill might let my guys survive more magic hits too. Though that's a big if.

I also like Azura more as a character.

You should have pretty good success running a fully leveled Azura/Klein/Ike/Fred. Arguably, dancing Klein and letting him obliterate things is 90% of what you should be doing, but Ike makes good bait and Fred gives good coverage vs tankier blues and Effie, bane to all (though do yo uever even see Effies?)

3 minutes ago, Elieson said:

You should have pretty good success running a fully leveled Azura/Klein/Ike/Fred. Arguably, dancing Klein and letting him obliterate things is 90% of what you should be doing, but Ike makes good bait and Fred gives good coverage vs tankier blues and Effie, bane to all (though do yo uever even see Effies?)

Yes, exactly! And I've seen Effie several times, actually, and it's because I have an armor killer like Freddy that I'm able to deal with her at all. He can wall her and then one-shot her every time. I've also seen Hector a good few times and that's a reason Freddy also has Axebreaker now.

I'm a bit torn on one little thing though. I like Azura's res boosting skill, but I also think the Breath of Life on the Florina I pulled might be useful too. It heals if the user goes into combat. I don't know how much combat I'd be putting Azura into though, so I'm thinking the res boost is a bit better, but I'm not entirely sure.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yes, exactly! And I've seen Effie several times, actually, and it's because I have an armor killer like Fred that I'm able to deal with her at all. He can wall her and then one-shot her every time. I've also seen Hector a good few times and that's a reason Freddy also has Axebreaker now.

I'm a bit torn on one little thing though. I like Azura's res boosting skill, but I also think the Breath of Life on the Florina I pulled might be useful too. It heals if the user goes into combat. I don't know how much combat I'd be putting Azura into though, so I'm thinking the res boost is a bit better, but I'm not entirely sure.

You should probably keep Spur Res for the common instance of needing to tank a magical hit. Your whole team is basically minus res; that little boost could make a difference.

However, If you want to just say screw it to res in general and go balls to the wall offensive, you could replace it with a Hone Spd/Atk (I'd run Hone Atk personally, to make Klein's Deathblow brave strikes hurt for that much more) skill. Bear in mind, Azura's main job is to either fight reds or dance. She's not going to do anything else all that well, and the utility would be arguably more important than a little HP boost now and again to units nearby,

Yes, exactly! And I've seen Effie several times, actually, and it's because I have an armor killer like Freddy that I'm able to deal with her at all. He can wall her and then one-shot her every time. I've also seen Hector a good few times and that's a reason Freddy also has Axebreaker now.

I like having hone Atk on my dancers. Maybe pass it from Olivia to her? It's not like you're ever going to use Olivia again now that you have Azura 

I like having hone Atk on my dancers. Maybe pass it from Olivia to her? It's not like you're ever going to use Olivia again now that you have Azura 

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'd definitely put the stat booster on her instead. Ideally she's never seeing combat, and when she is it's just to check a red unit nobody else can take care of instead or to finish off a weakened enemy. In other words, you'll be dancing 90% of the time, which makes breath of life not nearly as useful.

Just now, Korath88 said:

Well, I will use Olivia to help level up Azura (after temporarily unequipping Azura's Sing of course), so...

Just now, Korath88 said:

Well, I will use Olivia to help level up Azura (after temporarily unequipping Azura's Sing of course), so...

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'd definitely put the stat booster on her instead. Ideally she's never seeing combat, and when she is it's just to check a red unit nobody else can take care of instead or to finish off a weakened enemy. In other words, you'll be dancing 90% of the time, which makes breath of life not nearly as useful.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Do you happen to have a spare Olivia from all those reds you pulled while hunting for Ike?

Just now, Korath88 said:

Do you happen to have a spare Olivia from all those reds you pulled while hunting for Ike?

No, I don't, actually...

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

4 minutes ago, Elieson said:

You should probably keep Spur Res for the common instance of needing to tank a magical hit. Your whole team is basically minus res; that little boost could make a difference.

However, If you want to just say screw it to res in general and go balls to the wall offensive, you could replace it with a Hone Spd/Atk (I'd run Hone Atk personally, to make Klein's Deathblow brave strikes hurt for that much more) skill. Bear in mind, Azura's main job is to either fight reds or dance. She's not going to do anything else all that well, and the utility would be arguably more important than a little HP boost now and again to units nearby,

Yeah, that's what I figured.

The double sp event came at the right moment. JUST AFTER I GRIND THE HECK OF CECILIA. Anyways, it is awesome as Ckair already learnt Goad Fliers and Chilling Wind at lv. 33. After she hits 40 I'll grind the hell of Subaki, Camilla and Michalis for Goad Fliers, Hone Speed 3 and Swap/Axebreaker 3, respectively.

Siding Kiria on this Gauntlet. Also @Arcanite, do you like darkness?

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Definitely either keep her default Fortify Res or give her Hone Atk. 

Azura shouldn't be seeing much combat, so you don't really want to give her Breath of Life when she's a lot more effective supporting her teammates from the backlines.

Also, I personally recommend Wings of Mercy for her B-skill if you have fodder for it. Being able to teleport across the map and dance in the same turn is such an amazing combo, and it's saved me more than once before. 

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Definitely either keep her default Fortify Res or give her Hone Atk. 

Azura shouldn't be seeing much combat, so you don't really want to give her Breath of Life when she's a lot more effective supporting her teammates from the backlines.

Also, I personally recommend Wings of Mercy for her B-skill if you have fodder for it. Being able to teleport across the map and dance in the same turn is such an amazing combo, and it's saved me more than once before. 

I don't believe I have fodder for that though...sorry. xP