Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 hours ago, JSND said:

You know what

I gave up on Narshen hard

Its literally just 200 more feather i need to spend anyway

BRB raising Odin

Imo not worth the headache unless you deal with it smoothly. Get the 2* and raise him if you want, after all it's just 20 lvs, 200 feathers and more SP, so screw it.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

23 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Chilling Wind/Glacies, proc skill that boosts attack power by 50/80% Res, with 4 cooldown.

That is really odd.  I mean, Jakob/Felicia should be different, but. . .Jakob's skills are more personal and defensive in nature, while Felicia has an offensive battle skill and a party skill?  I'm going to need to think very hard about this, because I really like Jakob's debuffing, and his self-sufficiency.

8 minutes ago, eclipse said:

That is really odd.  I mean, Jakob/Felicia should be different, but. . .Jakob's skills are more personal and defensive in nature, while Felicia has an offensive battle skill and a party skill?  I'm going to need to think very hard about this, because I really like Jakob's debuffing, and his self-sufficiency.

I personally find Felicia to be a bit more useful than Jakob. They both give the same debuff iirc, and honestly neither of them are suited to do big damage, so it comes down to healing allies VS Rally Res, imo. Felicia's healing is pretty easy to use since she attacks from two squares; you can send out someone to eat a hit on enemy phase, then heal off some of the damage taken while also setting up the kill for your ally. On the other hand, I find Rally Res to be situational, and unnecessary most of the time. Mages are super squishy, so you can easily finish them on your player phase, and if you really need to hit back at them in the enemy phase, Jakob is probably your go-to for that role anyway. His self-heal is a nice bonus, but I don't think it's super relevant, as he's more a support guy that shouldn't be taking too many hits in the first place, and there are many things that can rush him down from full health too.

I've been raising this 2* Felicia, because once things change and Kagerou isn't useful anymore, I'll probably run Felicia instead for the flexibility.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

8 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Well, I think she got it mainly because she has ice powers, the skill involves summoning a lot of ice after all.  

...Though Shanna can do it as well, though she gets Iceburg (reduces the cooldown to 3) instead of Glacies.

Felicia is still a very useful magekiller though.

Soooo.. when should i try taking on part 4 of World 9? I have a Five star Lillina (lv21) and four star Jeorge (lv21), Fir (20) and Hawkeye (20). What levels would you reccomend? I tried it earlier and i got destroyed in 2 turns.

Edited by Blade_of_Light

6 minutes ago, Blade_of_Light said:

Soooo.. when should i try taking on part 4 of World 9? I have a Five star Lillina (lv21) and four star Jeorge (lv21), Fir (20) and Hawkeye (20). What levels would you reccomend? I tried it earlier and i got destroyed in 2 turns.

Do you have a non-red mage-tanking unit that can replace Fir?  The boss is blue, and he hurts.  Hawkeye should be able to deal with him, if he survives long enough.

Just now, eclipse said:

Do you have a non-red mage-tanking unit that can replace Fir?  The boss is blue, and he hurts.  Hawkeye should be able to deal with him, if he survives long enough.

Unfortunately no, all my mages a red (thanks to my yerning for Roy). Hawkeye might be able to take him out, but i will have to reach hime first.

1 minute ago, Blade_of_Light said:

Unfortunately no, all my mages a red (thanks to my yerning for Roy). Hawkeye might be able to take him out, but i will have to reach hime first.

Some non-mage units are also mage tanks.  Niles comes to mind.  Any green unit with passable resistance can also be used to pull the boss (though it's gonna hurt).

Is there any rhyme or reason to the Manakete's Triangle Color?  Both FemCorrin, Fae, and Old Tiki all use Fire Breath, but one is Blue, one Green, and the other Red.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I've just received my 200 platinum points email (actually, late yesterday, but who cares).

Yay, I guess.

Was that for the voting?  I don't think I've got mine, yet.  What can you buy with them?

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Was that for the voting?  I don't think I've got mine, yet.  What can you buy with them?

For the voting indeed. The same things you can buy with regular Heroes coins, actually. But for some reason you can only use them on the website, while the game only uses up regular Heroes coins.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

For the voting indeed. The same things you can buy with regular Heroes coins, actually. But for some reason you can only use them on the website, while the game only uses up regular Heroes coins.

I see.  It seems that buying the Shards is a bit of a rip-off, since even 500 of them will barely get you a fraction of a level past the early 20's.

31 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Is there any rhyme or reason to the Manakete's Triangle Color?  Both FemCorrin, Fae, and Old Tiki all use Fire Breath, but one is Blue, one Green, and the other Red.

Ignore the fire breath entirely and focus on the the next tiers up (which includes a fire breath for the silver equivalent) is what I'm thinking. I'm pretty sure that's just the basic iron/steel weapon for dragons (anyone not use it?) and thus wasn't really meant to be that consistent. 

Of course that's muddied up a bit too, (Going by what I remember, apologizes in advance for any mistakes) Dark breath (F Corrin) is blue and light (Fae) is green which dosen't really fit with the other weapon types but it is internally consistent even though we have a sample dragon size of 1. What isn't consistent is lightning breath being both blue and red but young tiki is flametongue and red and older tiki is the red with lightning so preserving her colour could be an explanation for her staying red and bringing variety to the different units (and possibly matching nowi as they're from the same game) for getting it in the first place. But yeah I can see some rhyme and reason there, It just isn't the most sturdy of theroies and I could totally be reading too much into things.

Hope this makes some sense. 

About the calendars, do we know if there'll be any new artwork of the characters who won the polls, or will they literally just use previous artwork of two characters and put them next to each other like they did with Alfonse and Sharena? 

25 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

I don't get the ranking. I've almost 3000 points in the Arena, 230 defensive, and I'm still unranked ? 

Did you just get it? It takes a bit before you can see your ranking after you've battled in the arena, up to an hour or so. If you still don't see anything after that, then there's indeed probably too many people that have more points :c.

18 minutes ago, Hardin said:

During the Cipher live stream, Nintendo director Shingo Matsushita stopped by and showed off designs for Seliph, Julia, Eirika, and Ephraim. 

Designs for those characters in Heroes? Anywhere I can see them / watch the stream back?

Edit: Thanks for the edit! xD

Edited by Birdy

Just now, Birdy said:

Did you just get it? It takes a bit before you can see your ranking after you've battled in the arena, up to an hour or so. If you still don't see anything after that, then there's indeed probably too many people that have more points :c.

Yes, I just finished my 7th fight, I hope that's the cause and 29xx (maybe 2960 or something) points is enough to get more feathers, or it will take a while to upgrade my heroes.

6 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

Yes, I just finished my 7th fight, I hope that's the cause and 29xx (maybe 2960 or something) points is enough to get more feathers, or it will take a while to upgrade my heroes.

It says in the arena rewards help window that the rankings are recalculated the beginning of each hour. Wait for some ten minutes or so and see if it has updated.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

It says in the arena rewards help window that the rankings are recalculated the beginning of each hour. Wait for some ten minutes or so and see if it has updated.

That's what I'll do then, I cross my fingers!

26 minutes ago, Hardin said:

During the Cipher live stream, Nintendo director Shingo Matsushita stopped by and showed off designs for Seliph, Julia, Eirika, and Ephraim. 

C4Yh5j_VMAAaIhd.jpg

C4Yh5j9VYAIDJGD.jpg

That means they'll be included in the game sooner or later! I love Ephraim's design, Eirika's looks good too (but slightly preferred Kozaki's version), Julia's is well made too (true to the original but more modern) but Seliph's sucks and feel too generic. Too close to the original that didn't age well.

30 minutes ago, Hardin said:

C4Yh5j_VMAAaIhd.jpg

C4Yh5j9VYAIDJGD.jpg

Damn, Ephraim looks stunning. 

I would've expected to see Sigurd before Seliph, but I'm not very familiar with the Jugdral games, so what do I know.

5 minutes ago, Thane said:

Damn, Ephraim looks stunning. 

I would've expected to see Sigurd before Seliph, but I'm not very familiar with the Jugdral games, so what do I know.

Seliph and Julia are the main chars in Gen II, I guess Gen I and Gen II chars share the same importance. As for the artwork it is beautiful!