Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It's mostly just so I have an Arena bonus unit even if I don't get good pulls, or don't want to pull.

What if Ragnarok could give you a bonus unit for every season?

Well my Sharena is only 4 stars and I still had enough to do well this season. That's why I haven't promoted any if the Askr trio yet, cause I'm so good I don't really need them at 5 stars to kill everyone with Nino.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It's mostly just so I have an Arena bonus unit even if I don't get good pulls, or don't want to pull.

Well my Sharena is only 4 stars and I still had enough to do well this season. That's why I haven't promoted any if the Askr trio yet, cause I'm so good I don't really need them at 5 stars to kill everyone with Nino.

Just now, Arcanite said:

Celica should always be a bonus unit.

5* level 40 is just worth more points than 4*, I guess.

Just now, Arcanite said:

Celica should always be a bonus unit.

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yeah that's true. I've never been able to break through 4.8k though, and I think that's gonna ping pong me back and forth between 18 and 17 lol. The good thing is, once I'm in 18, I can just be lazy and get a few deaths if I want to because I'll be demoted anyway. Then when I'm back in 17, I get deathless and fly back up to 18 again!

Rinse and repeat!

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Yeah that's true. I've never been able to break through 4.8k though, and I think that's gonna ping pong me back and forth between 18 and 17 lol. The good thing is, once I'm in 18, I can just be lazy and get a few deaths if I want to because I'll be demoted anyway. Then when I'm back in 17, I get deathless and fly back up to 18 again!

Rinse and repeat!

I'm Rank 522 rn in Tier 17, so I think I might have a shot at going to Tier 19 next week.

You guys think the CYL banner will be limited like Spring Festival and Bridal Blessings? Or will the alternate versions be pullable afterward? At this point, no permanently pullable alternate versions of characters exist (besides gender swapped robin and corrin), so my hopes aren't high. But the way they handle this teased masked lucina may promise the alternative.

53 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

You guys think the CYL banner will be limited like Spring Festival and Bridal Blessings? Or will the alternate versions be pullable afterward? At this point, no permanently pullable alternate versions of characters exist (besides gender swapped robin and corrin), so my hopes aren't high. But the way they handle this teased masked lucina may promise the alternative.

It will probably be a limited time thing to make them even more special than the seasonal banners.

This is just idle speculation, but I kind of feel like if Masked Lucina (who I bet will be called "Marth" or Masked Man or something) is exclusive to the vortex prize list that maybe all the minor alterations might eventually be available through it. Like not Bride Charlotte, for example, but more along the lines of...Zeke. Sirius. Owain. Possessed Takumi. Radiant Dawn Ike.

2 hours ago, Gustavos said:

Robin actually only has one version in the regular pool, since female Robin is GHB only. Corrin and Tiki are the characters with two versions in the regular pool.

I do think there's a decent chance that the CYL characters will be added to the regular pool since they have no reason to be "seasonal" and there's been so much buildup, but I don't think Masked Lucina is CYL Lucina. Masked Lucina was from the Vortex Mode trailer, which seems to be coming this month while the CYL characters are still a couple of months away, and the Vortex Mode rewards seem to include at least one 5* character, so Masked Lucina is probably obtainable through it.

9 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

cyl might be a nightmare to get if they are all red units and all in the same banner. at least I got lucky in ike's banner

Different weapon types are pretty common for alternate versions, with Tiki as the only exception so far. (Also Masked Lucina when she's released, apparently.) A lot of people have been calling for axe Ike and bow Lyn, and while there doesn't seem to be much interest in lance Lucina, it'd also make sense since it's her secondary weapon. Roy doesn't have a secondary weapon in his own game, but the Binding Blade's fire ranged attack means red tomes could be suitable for him. (He'd already be the only red one left, but it'd also make it possible to avoid him being the only one without a new weapon type.)

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

Robin actually only has one version in the regular pool, since female Robin is GHB only. Corrin and Tiki are the characters with two versions in the regular pool.

I do think there's a decent chance that the CYL characters will be added to the regular pool since they have no reason to be "seasonal" and there's been so much buildup, but I don't think Masked Lucina is CYL Lucina. Masked Lucina was from the Vortex Mode trailer, which seems to be coming this month while the CYL characters are still a couple of months away, and the Vortex Mode rewards seem to include at least one 5* character, so Masked Lucina is probably obtainable through it.

yeah I knew about the robin situation. I just put GHB units in the same camp as units in the pullable pool in the sense that players can and will forever be able to get them. GHB units come back with surprising frequency (I think we're only missing a re-run of Michalis now, before they start hitting Zephiel, Xander, Lloyd, and Camus that came out after re-runs were a thing). Assuming this frequency continues, you'll only be about two months away from your next shot at any one GHB. Longer as more GHB get added to the rotation, then shorter once they decide two GHB reruns should happen between new ones. Not bad. Meanwhile, the game has been out four months and I don't have Nino or Henry who are the most common rarity. Go figure.

So I look to Masked Marth and the vortex mode as a litmus test for whether alternate versions of characters are always seasonal. The tiki situation is a good point, but like gender swapped avatars, its characters we've had from the beginning, not from an update.

9 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

So can we talk about

That Seal that gives Special Cooldown -1 on Turn 1?

Its so good it causes Galeforce for the post about it!

Seriously speaking Dragon Fang Reinhard sounds disgusting

1 minute ago, JSND said:

Its so good it causes Galeforce for the post about it!

Seriously speaking Dragon Fang Reinhard sounds disgusting

I was actively demonstrating how good 5-count specials can be now!

17 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

So can we talk about

I wonder if it stacks with Killer type weapons, I'd give it to Felicia for a two turn Iceberg or three turn glacies. :3

1 minute ago, Fei Mao said:

I wonder if it stacks with Killer type weapons, I'd give it to Felicia for a two turn Iceberg or three turn glacies. :3

It probably does, since judging by its description, it just reduces your Special cooldown by 1 at the start of Turn 1. There's no Killer Dagger though?

27 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

So can we talk about

It affects short CD skills the most---although 2cd skills shouldn't care about it (since you'd tank a counter and have it up on the followup anyway)---meaning 3 and 4 cds make the best use.

Galeforce and Aether are either there for points (mostly Aether), or on brave units (who don't need -special cd as much, since they get 2 to 5 special charge per fight), so they don't benefit too much.

In the 4cds, Dragon Fang turns into Luna.

In the 3cds, Luna turns into super Moonbow.

(As a very niche thing, the seal and Reinhardt with Moonbow would be very nice for high level defense teams, where you only need to kill 1 unit. 1cd Moonbow means Rein fires a normal hit and then a moonbow hit, because fair and balanced.)

Fairly decent seal, although best on units who are only there to delete one specific threat rather than being the main 'carry' of the team. Cordelia, for example, would probably prefer a +Atk seal (or a Savage Blow seal once it becomes available. 10 Dmg in an AoE is pretty bonkers if you add on Savage Blow 3 in the C slot. As a galeforce user she double dips on her own Savage Blows. Although the fact that +Atk seal is 2 extra damage (vs. Savage's 3), means that +Atk is probably better in a vacuum, and a savage blow seal only better if her teammates are shit and need everything to lose 10 hp before they can 1RKO.)

Edit: A unit like Selena can also use the -cd seal nicely, for her first fight it lets her turn Bonfire into Moonbow, that said, even with Bonfire up her coverage is only about 60 units or so, barring a huge weapon upgrade like Wo Dao+ (which turns a 60 with +Spd and Fury 3 into 90), so she probably would just prefer a utility S-seal and just Ignis things to death off the back of her ridiculous bulk and speed combo.

Messed up slightly on the calcs (made the skill cd 1 rather than -1, which is a huge difference in combats), -1cd still gives her really bad matchups. Selena simply isn't a killer weapon user because, unlike basically everyone else with high bulk, she has the speed to get a shitton of special charge at the cost of having crappy ass offenses.

Edited by DehNutCase

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It probably does, since judging by its description, it just reduces your Special cooldown by 1 at the start of Turn 1. There's no Killer Dagger though?

Ah alright

I wish there was, I just meant for that first activation good enough to bait a mage and one round them, especially with quick riposte vs the fast mages.

12 minutes ago, Luchi said:

Looks like the wiki Tier List was updated. Rein finally got bumped up to S+ tier, where he belongs.

If not for the obvious aka why the hell Olivia Ninian Azura isnt S+, i honestly think that tier is semi ok right now

Sword Lord being overranked and cluttered is kind of a mess too 

Est shouldnt be that high imo. That 30 Speed actually lessens her coverage

Im still somewhat surprised people are not okay with Lyn = Bartre. Their potential is kinda the exact same lol

3 minutes ago, JSND said:

If not for the obvious aka why the hell Olivia Ninian Azura isnt S+, i honestly think that tier is semi ok right now

Sword Lord being overranked and cluttered is kind of a mess too 

Est shouldnt be that high imo. That 30 Speed actually lessens her coverage

Im still somewhat surprised people are not okay with Lyn = Bartre. Their potential is kinda the exact same lol

I really don't see why Hinoka and Est are lumped in with Cordelia in S tier, when Cordelia does the exact build better than those two. What's the point then?

Same for Red Mage. I know all four of those mages are mad good, but come on. This is a bit silly.