Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

There is always the Kobayashi Maru.  It's how we choose to deal with those scenarios.

I just realized that the Special Counter Seal will let Brave Users get a free Moonbow off with no chance at countering.  I wonder how Bridelia and Reinhardt could use that.

It's wise to recognize an unwinnable situation, but I just wouldn't approach a situation thinking it could be one of those, that's all.

Reinhardt would probably love that seal, but Bridelia can get away with Luna since she's quadding. Though, with the seal, maybe she can even opt for a 4-count Special.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

15 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

While we're on the topic of specials:

How do you think the Tempest Trials will affect the value of certain specials? Since you have to survive through multiple rounds without healing in between, do you think healing specials like Sol or Noontime could become more valuable? Or do you think it's still best to just blow through with offensive specials? (Obviously it's hard to say without actually experiencing the maps, but I'm curious to hear some pre-release speculation)

The healing specials don't seem good at restoring your HP faster than you lose it. My plan is to just bring a healer: if these put up much of a fight, surviving them without one sounds like it'd be extremely difficult, and I don't think healing specials could be a substitute for that.

31 minutes ago, Othin said:

The healing specials don't seem good at restoring your HP faster than you lose it. My plan is to just bring a healer: if these put up much of a fight, surviving them without one sounds like it'd be extremely difficult, and I don't think healing specials could be a substitute for that.

Alfonse is actually pretty good at healing to full with just 1 Sol. It's his job to one-shot greens, so he basically: trades hits for a while with a non-green, and then explodes a green to get back to full hp. It's basically how I trained him to 40. (Sol has a really uncomfortable charge time, though. So what usually happens is that he fights a dude on EP, finishes the guy he's fighting on PP, and then I dance him to one-shot a green.)

That said, it seems like the biggest amount of maps is 7 in a single trial, and you get to bring 4 teams, so lack of healing shouldn't be an issue. Each team only has to beat slightly less than 2 maps. Besides, things like desperation, brave-weapons, -blade one-shots, etc. all mean that it's pretty easy to kill people without spending hp.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Alfonse is actually pretty good at healing to full with just 1 Sol. It's his job to one-shot greens, so he basically: trades hits for a while with a non-green, and then explodes a green to get back to full hp. It's basically how I trained him to 40. (Sol has a really uncomfortable charge time, though. So what usually happens is that he fights a dude on EP, finishes the guy he's fighting on PP, and then I dance him to one-shot a green.)

That said, it seems like the biggest amount of maps is 7 in a single trial, and you get to bring 4 teams, so lack of healing shouldn't be an issue. Each team only has to beat slightly less than 2 maps. Besides, things like desperation, brave-weapons, -blade one-shots, etc. all mean that it's pretty easy to kill people without spending hp.

True, I misspoke. You could manage it by using all your teams, but if you want to max out your score, particularly survival, you need one team to make it through all the maps. That seems a lot more difficult without healers if the maps are putting up any fight.

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

My Nino has 31 HP. My Linde 35. Every round of combat drops their HP by 6. After three fights, they should be smashing everything short of maybe a Hector or a high-res green unit thanks to Desperation.

2 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'd argue that Fury is better for Titania than Grani Shield since wolf tomes are virtually nonexistent in Arena, and Fury would help her matchups against everyone else.

While we're at it, if you have the resources for it, Luna offers Abel far better matchup spreads than Glimmer in literally all scenarios. In fact, looking at the matchup simulator, Glimmer is the absolute worst special for him. Draconic Aura, Bonfire, and even Iceberg all offer better matchup spreads than Glimmer does, with Luna giving him nearly 10 more ORKOs than Glimmer. 

Other than that though, your team looks great! Cavalry teams are a lot of fun, and I'm excited for yours to soon be ready!

I know there are better options :P: but I haven't come across them. I gave Abel Glimmer because I was flooded with a bunch of beruka's, so there she went! Grani was to take advantage of the 3☆ Camus. though my Cecilia's Glimmer was totally intentional because multi strike raven swarm is fitting

Ugh, I HATE -Atk. On units with already high attack (and speed), gem weapons or T-Adept, or have a legendary and L&D (Jaffar), sure, it's fine because they can sort of make up for it, but on units like Clair, Rebecca, Setsuna, and Sophia... UGH, please kill me. Rebecca got to level 40 today, Setsuna and Sophia were merged and replaced not -Atk versions of them, and Clair is almost level 40. So much SP. I hope I get another Clair who isn't -Atk and a double Azura would be nice so I can dump Sapphire Lance+ on her since it'd be a waste to use Subaki or Sully for that. *cue getting -Spd Clair or never getting a Clair again and never getting Azura*

Also, Lloyd is a pain in the buttocks to level up.

With Tempest Trials, I wonder if sheep daughter would be useful. Kind of don't want to use her since I'm worried that I'll accidentally get her slaughtered which means I'll have to go to court and explain to her parents why she's dead (again) and why she's even with me in the first place.

Edited by Kaden

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:

With Tempest Trials, I wonder if sheep daughter would be useful. Kind of don't want to use her since I'm worried that I'll accidentally get her slaughtered which means I'll have to go to court and explain to her parents why she's dead and why she's even with me in the first place.

If anything happens to my daughter, you'll have me to answer to D:<

9 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

If anything happens to my daughter, you'll have me to answer to D:<

See? SEE!? This is why! Why'd she have to get lost and end up in my army? ;_;

So... any luck with summoning your sheep daughter back? :p

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

CAUSE OF DEATH: Taken to mystical dimension where death is permanent. And then I killed her.

SUSPECT FOUND: Caretaker who adamantly claims he did not get her killed despite all evidence showing he in fact had no ties to her death. Suspect is found guilty and sentenced to death... by sugary pastries.

Yep, I could get along with Saizo since I do not like sweets. Sweet fruit and some candies are okay, but not cakes, pies, and stuff like that. Never stuff like that.

Edited by Kaden

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

SUSPECT FOUND: Caretaker who adamantly claims he did not get her killed despite all evidence showing he in fact had no ties to her death. Suspect is found guilty and sentenced to death... by sugary pastries.

Yep, I could get along with Saizo since I do not like sweets. Sweet fruit and some candies are okay, but not cakes, pies, and stuff like that. Never stuff like that.

We can say you are unsweetable

24 minutes ago, Kaden said:

...no ;____;

I literally dropped $100 on this game to pull just colorless and still no sheep daughter. Why even live

It's funny because I love sweets so much that I literally developed type II diabetes from eating too many sweets

11 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Why even live

If you die, then I'll have to explain to her why she can never see her dad again and I'd rather not have to deal with that.

11 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

It's funny because I love sweets so much that I literally developed type II diabetes from eating too many sweets

I get nauseated if I have to eat sugary stuff. Obviously, this culminates to vomiting if I'm pushed too far. This is why I do not like any events where desserts are basically forced on you. At least with family gatherings, I can trade or people know, so they ask and I can decline or I can get smaller portions.

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

If you die, then I'll have to explain to her why she can never see her dad again and I'd rather not have to deal with that.

I get nauseated if I have to eat sugary stuff. Obviously, this culminates to vomiting if I'm pushed too far. This is why I do not like any events where desserts are basically forced on you. At least with family gatherings, I can trade or people know, so they ask and I can decline or I can get smaller portions.

Why are we such opposites

You don't even want Genny but got sheep daughter anyways

You don't even like sugar but get them forced on you while I have to control my sugar intake 

RIP

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

You don't even like sugar but get them forced on you while I have to control my sugar intake 

RIP

I also have sweet tooth, but I'm probably less extreme than you lol.

28 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

RIP

Hey, I treat every unit I get with utmost care and respect whether I wanted them or they were happy accidents. Except for Alfresco and Hinata. I like to rag on them. :P

Still would have preferred Celica, a different red mage, or Mae though...

As for the sugar thing, I mean, people eat desserts. For me, it's like being forced on since it's just a normal thing people have, but I choose to avoid. Just different ways of seeing stuff, I guess.

Edited by Kaden

5 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I just realize it  now,but tempest trial ends at 22. Does it means we didn't voting gauntlet this month?

I mean it doesn't take up the Voting Gauntlet battle slot, so they could run concurrently...

but yeah probably not.

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Hey, I treat every unit I get with utmost care and respect whether I wanted them or they were happy accidents. :P

Still would have preferred Celica, a different red mage, or Mae though...

As for the sugar thing, I mean, people eat desserts. For me, it's like being forced on since it's just a normal thing people have, but I chose to avoid. Just different ways of seeing stuff, I guess.

I'm glad that floof daughter is being taken care of at least.

Speaking of Mae, her appearance in Heroes didn't mean much to me before I played Echoes because I knew nothing about her. But after experiencing Echoes...

Why oh why did they make her look like she's 10 in Heroes. It completely clashes with her sassy teenage personality (while we're at it, I imagine I'd be a lot more upset about Lachesis if I played FE4)

I'm not a super big fan of sugary things, but there are some times when I do want to eat something sweet. But I really can't eat a lot of it either XD

As for Mae ... ugh, I have her in my army and she is the only character I've summoned from either of Alm or Celica's banners. Her artwork in Heroes is so ... so moe. I wish she didn't look so moe, her Echoes art is really great. Not gonna lie, I kind of want Boey in Heroes for his art -- also helps that his art was apparently done by one of my favorite Cipher artists.

Holy Naga, I checked her skill list since you can do that in the rewards and quest stuff and masked Lucina has no other skills other than her weapon. Not even Aether!? Why... Sure, she's the first 5* you can get, but really? Man, it's going to be expensive...

Regarding Mae, Catria looks much younger than she does in her home games and Lloyd looks older... to say the least. Seriously, Catria in Heroes looks like she came out of a Doga Kobo animation. Anyway, Mae's personality, though, I need me some of that. From listening to her quotes on the wiki, Cherami Leigh's delivery is awesome. I hope I get a Mae some day.