Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

52 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, IS, you really couldn't give the masked guy a better name? XP

Next thing we know, someone named Thor will show up too.

With all of the slightly more obscure Norse references, it's actually kind of refreshing to have a name that's easier to recognize. Sure, it's not super original but people will get that he's a "trickster" from his name alone. Heck, maybe Heroes wants to connect FE mythology and real world mythology to show that Kiran's world and the FE-verse are more closely related than we originally thought.

Or maybe I've just had too much coffee. XD 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

With all of the slightly more obscure Norse references, it's actually kind of refreshing to have a name that's easier to recognize. Sure, it's not super original but people will get that he's a "trickster" from his name alone. Heck, maybe Heroes wants to connect FE mythology and real world mythology to show that Kiran's world and the FE-verse are more closely related than we originally thought.

Or maybe I've just had too much coffee. XD 

Yeah, but with the fact that we also have an Odin, this feels like a bit much and like some idiots could accuse IS of stealing from Marvel.

I think you might've had too much coffee. lol

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but with the fact that we also have an Odin, this feels like a bit much and like some idiots could accuse IS of stealing from Marvel.

Don't worry- I'm too busy trying to reconcile the three of Bruno/Zacharias/Loki to look up what Marvel did with the Norse characters.

That is literally never going to happen.

Loki and Odin are practically the same in every iteration they exist in. Who would even think of making that kind of accusation?

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Loki and Odin are practically the same in every iteration they exist in. Who would even think of making that kind of accusation?

Well all you need to do is give Odin a prf Sword called Zantetsuken then watch the fireworks happen

If they accuse IS of stealing from Marvel, they're pretty dumb because Norse mythology kind of...belongs to the general public. XD Marvel might have popularized certain names/concepts, but if anything Marvel's mooching off of Germanic people. ...as is IS. That'd be like saying the live action Hercules ripped off Disney. lol 

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Sorry, but the only Loki, Thor, and Odin I know of outside of the mythology and FE are Marvel characters. They're the most notable by far too, I imagine.

And also, I DID say "idiots." Meaning I don't think it would be smart.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Sorry, but the only Loki, Thor, and Odin I know of outside of the mythology and FE are Marvel characters. They're the most notable by far too, I imagine.

That doesn't have anything to do with it. No one "owns" Norse mythology. Even if somebody wanted to they'd have no legal ground to even stand on.

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

That'd be like saying the live action Hercules ripped off Disney. lol 

^That.

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

That doesn't have anything to do with it. No one "owns" Norse mythology.

And I'm talking about the characters. Not the mythology. Marvel has a villain named Loki. Now FE has the same. If this Loki ends up being similar to that one, you know what some idiots will do. Some movie projects have been canceled in the past because they drew too many similarities to a movie made by someone else.

And like I JUST said, I DID say idiots, meaning I don't think it would be smart to accuse them of stealing.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And I'm talking about the characters. Not the mythology. Marvel has a villain named Loki. Now FE has the same. If this Loki ends up being similar to that one, you know what some idiots will do. Some movie projects have been canceled in the past because they drew too many similarities to a movie made by someone else.

I won't claim to know a lot about Norse mythology...but the Marvel villain is like the actual Loki in many, many ways. As long as the FE Loki doesn't start running around with Avengers, the concept of being a shady trickster named Loki is free game. No need to worry. ^^

I really hope I can get another Shanna soon… I’m out of Shannas thanks to Tharja showing up.

ddWFNwT.png

8fXRgBV.png

Sorry, Shanna, she needs that more than you do.

Edited by Vaximillian

16 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I won't claim to know a lot about Norse mythology...but the Marvel villain is like the actual Loki in many, many ways. As long as the FE Loki doesn't start running around with Avengers, the concept of being a shady trickster named Loki is free game. No need to worry. ^^

Okay then, I'll take your word for it.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Okay then, I'll take your word for it.

I don't know if you've ever heard of Yggdrasil. It's been used a LOT in popular culture in video games and anime. I wouldn't be surprised if IS dropped some sort of Yggdrasil in Heroes. Ragnorak is probably up there in popularity too. Probably because it does your taxes. But yeah. A lot of fantasy world-building nowadays involves taking bits and pieces of other mythologies and making them your own. (Or in some cases just using cool sounding names. XD)

9 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I don't know if you've ever heard of Yggdrasil. It's been used a LOT in popular culture in video games and anime. I wouldn't be surprised if IS dropped some sort of Yggdrasil in Heroes. Ragnorak is probably up there in popularity too. Probably because it does your taxes. But yeah. A lot of fantasy world-building nowadays involves taking bits and pieces of other mythologies and making them your own. (Or in some cases just using cool sounding names. XD)

I've seen the term before, actually. But I've not played or seen anything that actually has it.

Norse mythology stuff is more common than I used to think. I was surprised how many Japanese games took from it. But nobody's stealing anything from anybody when they make Loki some trickster/shapeshifter bad guy, Yggdrasil a big tree, etc. If anything they're just being un-creative about it.

Saying anyone is copying Loki, Odin, etc. is like saying somebody's ripping off Harry Potter for having the huge three-headed dog Cerberus as a monster when that's ripped from Greek mythology all over the place.

I finally beat the Tempest Trials with no deaths! Took three attempts.

It doesn't seem as though it really matters, since I ended up getting a lower score because my Speed multiplier was lower. Oh well.

How are you guys holding up so far?

I finally beat the Tempest Trials with no deaths! Took three attempts.

It doesn't seem as though it really matters, since I ended up getting a lower score because my Speed multiplier was lower. Oh well.

Disaster

I think i will start doing the Drop the bonus hero trick

Distracted by leveling up the freshly-obtained 4⋆ Tharja.
Man, the details on the tears in her nylon bodysuit. The artist did their homework.

1 minute ago, JSND said:

Disaster

I think i will start doing the Drop the bonus hero trick

Ursula + Bonus Duo doesn't break the game mode?

My team works fine with Bonus / Nino / Sakura / Ninian. Nino gets all the kills with Desperate Dancing while Sakura uses Rehabilitate on her for Veronica.

Then again I have an amazing bonus unit in Lucina so no one is really dead weight.

My team is incredibly weak to any red mages, especially Celica, since neither Lucina nor Nino can deal with them effectively. I keep rolling Leo on Battle 7 and he is a nightmare to face with Gravity / QR. I just noticed that ignoring the armor at the start delays Veronica and her ranged unit from moving until a few turns later, so I've been pulling the horses away first to make things easier.

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Enjoying yourself?

With quality art, yeah. Comparing with Palla’s and Spring Camilla’s tights, Tharja’s look more detailed.

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Ursula + Bonus Duo doesn't break the game mode?

My team works fine with Bonus / Nino / Sakura / Ninian. Nino gets all the kills with Desperate Dancing while Sakura uses Rehabilitate on her for Veronica.

Then again I have an amazing bonus unit in Lucina so no one is really dead weight.

My team is incredibly weak to any red mages, especially Celica, since neither Lucina nor Nino can deal with them effectively. I keep rolling Leo on Battle 7 and he is a nightmare to face with Gravity / QR. I just noticed that ignoring the armor at the start delays Veronica and her ranged unit from moving until a few turns later, so I've been pulling the horses away first to make things easier.

Main problem is really because Xander with or without Fury can't do much, so Eli and Ursula need to do super heavy lifting. As OP as Ursula are, its going to be harsh when stuff randomly survives with 1 HP for some reason

Also the map where you have bushes on the right is the bane of my existence

WTF THATS ACTUALLY PRETTY HUGE

Edited by JSND

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Care to clarify?

I think he's referring to the part about ignoring the armour delaying Veronica's movement.

As for my final map strats, as long as the mage cavalry isn't Reinhardt or Olwen, I can bait and kill them on turn 1 with Celica. Otherwise I just wait for them to approach and then suicide rush them with Michalis.

Full HP Celica ORKOs Veronica as long as she doesn't have bonfire active. The other units are fairly easy to deal with for me.