Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

HEHEHERHEHRHERHEHEHEHRHEHEHERHEHREHREHRHEHEHREHREHRH

Can't wait for her to be a bonus unit! THEY SHALL ALL BOW BEFORE HER GREATNESS

Get that Quickened Pulse seal and hit people with a 1-cooldown Bonfire!  

I got far more excited than I should have been when I saw that spinning Oboro has returned. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Eridras said:

I got far more excited than I should have been when I saw that spinning Oboro has returned. 

I don't think it's ever going to get old

2 minutes ago, Eridras said:

A 1 Cooldown, 19 damage bonfire with Fury 3 equipped

Heh heh heh heh........

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

So for those of you who have already played the Archanea games...

Do you need to play Shadow Dragon before New Mystery, or can you jump right into New Mystery?

You need to play Shadow Dragon or New Mystery won't make sense.

17 minutes ago, Eridras said:

Arcanite's Oboro has a Killer Lance and Quick Riposte already. Use Ignis with Quick Pulse

Edited by MrSmokestack

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Do you need to play Shadow Dragon before New Mystery, or can you jump right into New Mystery?

From what I've heard, gameplay wise, New Mystery is a 300% more polished SD with a shitty avatar. Though of course, the two games' plots are connected.

@MrSmokestack with the Quickened Pulse

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

They trow quite a few flashbacks at you in new mystery, so you don't need to have played Shadow Dragon I guess...

It'll probably be more enoyable if you did though.

3 minutes ago, Rezanator said:

I think that it is not necessary to sacrifice any units in New Mystery and you get to play most of Shadow Dragon. 

@MaskedAmpharos

The one thing I don't like about Shadow Dragon is that there is no full recruitment. To access the Gaiden chapters (6x etc) you need to have a certain number of units killed off.

New Mystery is a lot more refined gameplaywise but the writing took a turn for the worse by adding Katarina and Kris as OC's, especially with how they affected the writing of Marth's character. It's the main reason why most people don't like it.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@MaskedAmpharos

The one thing I don't like about Shadow Dragon is that there is no full recruitment. To access the Gaiden chapters (6x etc) you need to have a certain number of units killed off.

New Mystery is a lot more refined gameplaywise but the writing took a turn for the worse by adding Katarina and Kris as OC's, especially with how they affected the writing of Marth's character. It's the main reason why most people don't like it.

Wait seriously? I have to have some people killed off? Laaaaame

3 minutes ago, Rezanator said:

There is a new trailer for FE Warriors with two sibling royals who gather warriors from different dimensions. So when did Alphonse dyed his hair? 'Cuse the girl is Sharena right?

I can't believe Sharena's a better swordsman than Alfonse

7 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Unless you want to kill of almost your entire cast, you should just skip the gaiden chapters, really.

Shadow Dragon added several mechanics to help players out who really srewed up, like the gaiden chapters or giving you generic units if you don't have a full party for a chapter, but if you play normally and don't suck, you won't notice them.

Killing of almost your entire cast and legions of generic units makes for a nice change of pace though.

Edited by Bartozio

15 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

You don't "have" to, no. You can play through SD without seeing the Gaiden chapters at all. You'll still play through all the chapters present in the original game. Plus the characters aren't that useful anyway.

The only character you have to kill off is the sacrifice in the prologue. Which you'll never see if you play on hard mode or above. And TBH is not much different from mutually exclusive characters like Samson/Arran.

21 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

To be fair almost anyone would be better than Alpaca at swordfighting. No surprise there.

Of course he's terrible at swordplay. He's an alpaca! Alpacas can't behold swords, silly. :P

SD's Gaiden chapters are basically consolation prizes to help you recover if you lost a bunch of characters earlier on, not something to aim for. But it ends up feeling very weird and off-putting.

I don't think "no full recruitment" is a particularly good basis for criticizing SD, though. To my understanding, FE3 was the first game where "full recruitment" was possible, and the second was FE8. That's a lot of games where it wasn't possible.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't think "no full recruitment" is a particularly good basis for criticizing SD, though. To my understanding, FE3 was the first game where "full recruitment" was possible, and the second was FE8. That's a lot of games where it wasn't possible.

Choosing between units is different from actively sacking them off.

No one criticizes Birthright for not being able to recruit Conquest units, and vice versa.

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

No one criticizes Birthright for not being able to recruit Conquest units, and vice versa.

You don't have to actively sacrifice units in SD (outside of Normal mode). You can just choose to keep your main chapter units over recruiting the Gaiden ones.

Mind, that doesn't make SD's Gaidens not stupid, but I didn't say they weren't. I just said "no full recruitment" isn't a good way to look at the problem. The problem with SD is much more specific than that.

Edited by Othin

11 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I don't know about SD, but I've always killed off Boots for Boots in conquest.

Edit: Then again, I'd probably kill off half the cast for Boots.

Edited by DehNutCase