Jump to content
eclipse

Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Lyrai said:

Cardinal direction... I see now. This means that the cardinal directions are north, east, south, and west.

That's a good choice of inheritance though... as I thought it really makes Felicia more viable. :)

Yep.

Indeed : ) it's like giving her Rogue Dagger's effect without needing to attack first, definitely liking it a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Lets see:

- Katrina has the same offence spread as Tharja, but much better res at the cost of less defence and hp. She can probably run a -blade tome set slightly better then Tharja, though they should turn out rather similiar.

- Roderick is now tied for fastest lance cav, toghether with Sully, but he has better attack then her. Peri and Abel have slightly more attack, at the cost of slightly less speed, so you'd have to run calculations to see who's better with what sets, but if you want a physical blue nuke for a cavalry team he's a good choice (Cordelia beats him as a stand-alone offensive lance user, and Camus seems better as an all round blue).

- Athena is another fast sword user. She has one point less speed then Lon'que (the fastest unit in the game), but two more points in attack. She has two points more speed then Hanna, but four points less attack. Basicly, she can compete with the other great units with a similar spread, but I wouldn't know who's the best. In the end though, there's way to much infantry sword units and Athena isn't doing anything to special to stand out.

- Luke seems decent at best. He has good attack and defence, but his speed is to low to make him a good nuke, while his defence isn't high enough to make him a tank either. I suppose he will still be useful on a cav team as a red nuke, but Cain will probably do it better.

Of course, all of this is just my expectations, as I haven't actually pulled any of these characters yet. Hope it helps though.

Luke have the second highest attack out of any Cavalier

This actually make him a pretty good Red Nuke in the lines of Frederick(DB) instead of Cain(LnD/SS) who is more along the lines of Hana/Lucina

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Panic Ploy is kind killer against Horse Emblem Reinhardt. When he's hit by panic while under the effect of Hone Cavalry, he effectively loses 24 damage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Panic Ploy is kind killer against Horse Emblem Reinhardt. When he's hit by panic while under the effect of Hone Cavalry, he effectively loses 24 damage. 

Since its Reinhardt shouldn't it be 12 lol?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JSND said:

Since its Reinhardt shouldn't it be 12 lol?

It's the differential between the +6x2 and -6x2. For example, +Atk DB3 Reinhardt usually does 18 damage a hit  vs Felicia when buffed by Hone Cavalry, for a total of 36 damage in one round of battle. If he's affected by Panic Ploy however, he only does 6 damage a hit for a total of 12 damage.  

For quad Olwen, it's even worse since it's +6x4 vs -6x4 for an effective loss of 48 damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

It's the differential between the +6x2 and -6x2. For example, +Atk DB3 Reinhardt usually does 18 damage a hit  vs Felicia when buffed by Hone Cavalry, for a total of 36 damage in one round of battle. If he's affected by Panic Ploy however, he only does 6 damage a hit for a total of 12 damage.  

For quad Olwen, it's even worse since it's +6x4 vs -6x4 for an effective loss of 48 damage.

oh snap

 

Your right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JSND said:

oh snap

 

Your right

Yeah, Panic Plow is really going to affect brave units, especially fast one with movement buffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Yeah, Panic Plow is really going to affect brave units, especially fast one with movement buffs.

True

 

Honestly i actually like this since it seems to make Horse Emblem more fun to play but we'll see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JSND said:

True

 

Honestly i actually like this since it seems to make Horse Emblem more fun to play but we'll see

How widespread Panic Ploy becomes all depends on whether Luke is dropped down to 4* or not. If he isn't, it'll stay rare, but if he is, even Panic Ploy 2 can be good on high HP unit meaning it could become very common.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I had decided to throw a few orbs at the new banner to see if I could get Roderick (he looks cool and I always like more cavs). I pulled Shanna for the first time, and she's 4 star. She's got Iceberg, which I'd like to give to Nino. But she also has Desperation which could be handy on Nino too. Vantage was also an option I was considering for her, and I have Gordin who can give it to her.

But both of those require the unit to take damage. And someone like Nino really doesn't want to be taking damage at all and SHOULDN'T be taking damage. I'm going to give her Iceberg, that's a definite, but are Desperation or Vantage okay options?

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Anacybele Use Desperation. It takes advantage of her higher Spd and her role as a player phase unit.

Nino doesn't have to necessarily get hit to take advantage of HP% skills. Mine runs Fury, and the recoil lets her proc Desperation after just two rounds of combat. A more risky option would be giving her a Res buff and having her take a hit from a blue mage, though I wouldn't recommend it for how barely she survives Reinhardt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Anacybele Use Desperation. It takes advantage of her higher Spd and her role as a player phase unit.

Nino doesn't have to necessarily get hit to take advantage of HP% skills. Mine runs Fury, and the recoil lets her proc Desperation after just two rounds of combat. A more risky option would be giving her a Res buff and having her take a hit from a blue mage, though I wouldn't recommend it for how barely she survives Reinhardt.

Well, alright then. xP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So, I had decided to throw a few orbs at the new banner to see if I could get Roderick (he looks cool and I always like more cavs). I pulled Shanna for the first time, and she's 4 star. She's got Iceberg, which I'd like to give to Nino. But she also has Desperation which could be handy on Nino too. Vantage was also an option I was considering for her, and I have Gordin who can give it to her.

But both of those require the unit to take damage. And someone like Nino really doesn't want to be taking damage at all and SHOULDN'T be taking damage. I'm going to give her Iceberg, that's a definite, but are Desperation or Vantage okay options?

Ardent Sacrifice and Reciprocal Aid are two classic ways to get Nino-like characters into Desperation range without personally getting hit. So if you have a character able to contribute one of those, it could make it easier to use Desperation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Othin said:

Ardent Sacrifice and Reciprocal Aid are two classic ways to get Nino-like characters into Desperation range without personally getting hit. So if you have a character able to contribute one of those, it could make it easier to use Desperation.

I don't though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, my body has so much sodium right now because I couldn't get bride Cordelia -- the art, the stats, the Cordy! -- and then having the game throwing me a -Spd Jeorge like, "Here, have a crippled archer. Enjoy."

So... Clarisse has 40 HP, 45 total Atk, 38 Spd, 28 Def, and 22 Res in Lunatic Three Assassins. Without her bow, that's 34 base attack. In the chapter she appears in, Athena's HP was upped by 3, attack by 3, speed by 5, defense by 3, and resistance by 3, so, 17 extra points and Katarina's HP as upped by 3, attack by 4, speed by 4, defense by 2, and resistance by 3, so, 16 extra points. Assuming Clarisse has 147 BST, she was given 15 extra points. Worst case scenario by using the highest stat changes, her stats would be 37 HP, 30 Atk, 33 Spd, 25 Def, and 19 Res which puts her at 144 BST, 3 points off.

30 Atk and 33 Spd already puts her in neutral Klein tier -- how hilariously coincidental. Assuming her attack wasn't boosted by 4 points, but 3, then yeah, she'd literally be a female Klein or Kleine. Alternatively, her attack was actually boosted by 5 and her speed by 4 which would basically make her Rebecca since she'd have 29 attack and 34 speed. And then there's the option that her speed is actually 36 or 37 which means she'd basically be a +Atk Setsuna, but off by 1 point of attack and speed if it's 36. Problem with this is that she's a GHB unit, so, no boons or banes. +Atk Gordin, Rebeccca, Setsuna, and Virion can probably outpace her as pure offense archers.

Well, I didn't get bride Cordy, but I will get Clarisse my other option for having an Edea in my army. :p

Now, if only I could get a different red mage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

So, I had decided to throw a few orbs at the new banner to see if I could get Roderick (he looks cool and I always like more cavs). I pulled Shanna for the first time, and she's 4 star. She's got Iceberg, which I'd like to give to Nino. But she also has Desperation which could be handy on Nino too. Vantage was also an option I was considering for her, and I have Gordin who can give it to her.

But both of those require the unit to take damage. And someone like Nino really doesn't want to be taking damage at all and SHOULDN'T be taking damage. I'm going to give her Iceberg, that's a definite, but are Desperation or Vantage okay options?

Desperation is actually hands-down Nino's best B-skill. It is a bit risky since you need to tank a hit (or use Ardent Sacrifice or Fury recoil), but after that she becomes unstoppable. 

Nino with Desperation is the primary reason I can get deathless runs in Lunatic Tempest since once she's in Desperation range she can essentially solo the maps herself with a few buffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Desperation is actually hands-down Nino's best B-skill. It is a bit risky since you need to tank a hit (or use Ardent Sacrifice or Fury recoil), but after that she becomes unstoppable. 

Nino with Desperation is the primary reason I can get deathless runs in Lunatic Tempest since once she's in Desperation range she can essentially solo the maps herself with a few buffs. 

It works great with Fury too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried pulling for Roderick and got +Spd/-Def Mae and +Hp/-Atk Clair instead. Are these two any good? I heard good stuff about Mae and a bit hyped for her since I finally have a representative from Rite of Shadows (Fed Genny away sob sob) but Clair, not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lucıůs said:

Tried pulling for Roderick and got +Spd/-Def Mae and +Hp/-Atk Clair instead. Are these two any good? I heard good stuff about Mae and a bit hyped for her since I finally have a representative from Rite of Shadows (Fed Genny away sob sob) but Clair, not so much.

Mae is good. She's not considered super crazy good until mainly because Blue Tome have stupid variety, with several near ideal/ideal stats spread

 

Clair is pretty lol esp with -ATK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lucıůs said:

+Hp/-Atk Clair

My condolences. Seriously, −Atk is extremely bad on Clair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lucıůs said:

Tried pulling for Roderick and got +Spd/-Def Mae and +Hp/-Atk Clair instead. Are these two any good? I heard good stuff about Mae and a bit hyped for her since I finally have a representative from Rite of Shadows (Fed Genny away sob sob) but Clair, not so much.

Mae is bae, especially with a blade tome <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JSND said:

Mae is good. She's not considered super crazy good until mainly because Blue Tome have stupid variety, with several near ideal/ideal stats spread

 

Clair is pretty lol esp with -ATK

Glad to hear that about Mae, but I can still see myself using Reinhardt over her in many circumstances. Guess I'll build her as a Pseudo-Linde build with those IVs. 

I don't really know what to do with Clair, her stats are weirdly spread out, her Hit and Run is a bit inferior to Drag Back and her weapon ain't anything special... a good description for a bench warmer, basically haha. Oh well. She might be useful one day so I'm holding on to her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lucıůs said:

I don't really know what to do with Clair, her stats are weirdly spread out, her Hit and Run is a bit inferior to Drag Back and her weapon ain't anything special... a good description for a bench warmer, basically haha. Oh well. She might be useful one day so I'm holding on to her. 

Hit and Run has the advantage of working even when the opponent cannot move onto the tile you're standing on (assuming they didn't die), which was a strategy used rather effectively by several players in the Camus Grand Hero Battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...