Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

The ones that might replace Stahl are Cecilia and Xander. Thing is, Cecilia has hone cav but I'll lose red unit while I'll get red unit with Xander but lose Hone cav. The idea of running cecilia+stahl is to hone cecilia as well. The other option is promoting xander, give him hone cav from stahl but I'd cry because stahl has 1k+ hero merit ;_;

Xander isn't promoted? What set is your Cecilia running? And most importantly, how many feathers do you have? 40k is a huge expense.

That said, a hybrid team of Camus / Xander / Julia / Sharena or Camus / Julia / Alabama / Sharena seems to work pretty well without breaking synergy.

You could always just pull for more Gunters and Jagens if Stahl has too much sentimental value.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Brave Lance Est actually costs more than Cordelia to min-max, sadly, because Cordelia starts with Brave-Lance+, meaning you don't have to dump 20k feathers just to change a weapon.

That said, a budget regular Brave-Lance build is quite usable, out-done by the best lance user in the game, but quite good anyway.

Perhaps I should have used a different word besides "discount". My point was that she's a worse Cordelia, not a cheaper one. 

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Perhaps I should have used a different word besides "discount". My point was that she's a worse Cordelia, not a cheaper one. 

"Discount" still works if you're talking about orbs and not feathers. Est is 3.5 times more common than Cordelia.

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

Xander isn't promoted? What set is your Cecilia running? And most importantly, how many feathers do you have? 40k is a huge expense.

That said, a hybrid team of Camus / Xander / Julia / Sharena or Camus / Julia / Alabama / Sharena seems to work pretty well without breaking synergy.

You could always just pull for more Gunters and Jagens if Stahl has too much sentimental value.

Whoops no he isn't. Cecilia is running Gronnraven+, Triangle Adept 3 set, has Reposition, Escape Route and Hone Cavalry. I currently have 18k and haven't done much of tempest trials so i might get them soon enough to 20 if I invest some time.

Also who's Alabama? Alfonse?

12 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Whoops no he isn't. Cecilia is running Gronnraven+, Triangle Adept 3 set, has Reposition, Escape Route and Hone Cavalry. I currently have 18k and haven't done much of tempest trials so i might get them soon enough to 20 if I invest some time.

Also who's Alabama?

Alfredo? Alan? Alamo? Alabaster? Big Al? All-Star?

You can always just sub out Stahl for Xander and have a perfectly functional cavalry team, unless Cecilia absolutely needs those buffs. If she's running -Raven instead of -Blade then it shouldn't be a detriment to her performance, at least for now.

He is a man of many names.

EDIT: That should be the game plan for next week, I just realized Sharena is still the bonus for this week.

Edited by MrSmokestack

20000 feathers later Soren gets his Gronnraven+! Thank goodness for hero merit!

Spoiler

untitled_by_darklordivy-dbcpm1l.png

Next promote will probably be Hana for Life and Death 3 and then Soren will be done for the time being. 

20000 feathers later Soren gets his Gronnraven+! Thank goodness for hero merit!

Spoiler

untitled_by_darklordivy-dbcpm1l.png

Next promote will probably be Hana for Life and Death 3 and then Soren will be done for the time being. 

So... at +DEF/-RES my Athena is hitting 35 DEF and 34 ATK with Sturdy Blow 2. She's tankier than Chrom and double his speed. What kind of builds are people using for this strangely tanky Swordswoman? 

I've been wondering how do I actually check what IVs a unit has in this game?  I just gotten three four star (M)Corrins for whatever reason from this latest banner (waste of orbs yet again urgh) and would much rather figure out a use for them for a change instead of just let them linger alongside the 100+ other characters I have that I don't use... so yeah, figure I mind as well figure this IV system out before I charge in blindly here.

3 minutes ago, cabbage5k2 said:

I've been wondering how do I actually check what IVs a unit has in this game?  I just gotten three four star (M)Corrins for whatever reason from this latest banner (waste of orbs yet again urgh) and would much rather figure out a use for them for a change instead of just let them linger alongside the 100+ other characters I have that I don't use... so yeah, figure I mind as well figure this IV system out before I charge in blindly here.

Check its IVs here: http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Stats_Calculator

Search Corrin, select 4☆ and introduce his lv. 1 stats. The wiki will tell you its boon/bane and its lv. 40 stats.

1 minute ago, cabbage5k2 said:

You can check it on the wiki if your unit is either level 1 or level 40. If they are at a different level, but not 5*, you can train them to at least lvl 20 and go to Unlock Protential. If you click the unit, you will see their lvl 1 stats of the higher rarity (you can just click cancel after you checked the nature, so you don't need to actually use feathers to find out. You don't even need to have the required feathers to check the stats).

19 minutes ago, cabbage5k2 said:

If you're checking multiple copies of a character at once, it's probably easiest to just read the character's base stats off of the wiki page. A positive and negative nature are just +1 or -1, respective, to a character's base stat at level 1.

10 minutes ago, Noble Of Pherae said:

Pulled another Katarina, so I gave Swift Sparrow to my Eliwood. I'm going to turn him into the best glass cannon!

Nice!

Question though: Have you considered Life and Death instead? Makes him both more glass and more cannon than Swift Sparrow. 

I tried to pull for another Katarina, hoping for maybe one that had a +Atk or +Spd nature. Instead I got: +Res/-Atk Athena, +Res/-Spd Celica and three Luke, all with the same +Def/-HP nature (normally, being -HP doesn't bother me, but when your 2 passive skills revolve around you having more HP than your opponent, losing 3 HP hurts.)

I've learned my lesson. I'll wait for her to be the only red in a banner before I try for her again. I guess +HP/-Res is at least not a crippling nature for Katarina (though like with my -HP Lukes, it makes Attack Ploy less effective).

14 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I guess +HP/-Res is at least not a crippling nature for Katarina (though like with my -HP Lukes, it makes Attack Ploy less effective).

Only slightly though, imo. 29 Res is still 1+ more than a good chunk of the most threatening enemies.

24 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I tried to pull for another Katarina, hoping for maybe one that had a +Atk or +Spd nature. Instead I got: +Res/-Atk Athena, +Res/-Spd Celica and three Luke, all with the same +Def/-HP nature (normally, being -HP doesn't bother me, but when your 2 passive skills revolve around you having more HP than your opponent, losing 3 HP hurts.)

I've learned my lesson. I'll wait for her to be the only red in a banner before I try for her again. I guess +HP/-Res is at least not a crippling nature for Katarina (though like with my -HP Lukes, it makes Attack Ploy less effective).

Hey, I got -Res Katarina and -HP Luke too!

I might give Luke the HP+3 seal when I try using him. Although better and better seals are becoming available.

Just now, Othin said:

Hey, I got -Res Katarina and -HP Luke too!

I might give Luke the HP+3 seal when I try using him. Although better and better seals are becoming available.

I think I'll just sacrifice 2 of the Luke foe either Fire Boost or Panic Ploy. My +Atk/-Spd Hector might like it to at least become able to tank a Horse Emblem Reinhardt. I might also give it to my Lukas instead of Threaten Atk since he has 46 HP, which is not too shabby.

And so, another Odin, one who was enlightened through the powers of gems and achieved the darkest of ranks, was sacrificed to the darkest of goddesses in order to darken the world with more dark darkness. May his aching blood forever course through Ursula's veins. (Ursula's even more kickass now. Also, I had 5* Odin give her R Tomebreaker 3 since she's my main red mage counter and had R Tomebreaker 2 -- oh, the memories of cheesing Zephiel's map with F!Robin and Ursula with Blarblade and R Tomebreaker 2 --, so might as well.)

Yeah... don't like using gems. Takes the fun out of it even if I'm training a unit just to promote them for skills. Also, no Hero Merit from him... But still, Ursula was just sitting there with 1238 SP from all the Tempest Trials since she and Eldigan and cheerleader Gunter were used to sweep the first 4 maps for the 5 battles lunatic trials. Eldigan has 700 SP. Should probably give him Hone Cavalry, especially considering that the only cavaliers I have that have Hone Cavalry are all green: Gunter and Titania who inherited it a while back. Question is should I make it Hone Spd 2 and Cavalry or go with the usual from Gunter.