Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

8 minutes ago, Kaden said:

The unfortunate thing with all of this is as you pointed out that if a unit does anything and a dancer is there to refresh them, then all the debuffs go away. If it didn't and debuffs stayed for the entirety of a turn, then debuffs could be more potent.

And you have cost either the affected unit or the dancer their turn.

Legion's Axe looks like it would be most useful on an arena defense team because a defense team is not concerned with the survival of its units, and the effect of Legion's Axe takes effect whether or not its user survives (as long as the user performed an attack). A unit can run in with Legion's Axe and either die, allowing another unit to finish off the crippled opponent, or survive with low HP, allowing other units to warp in with Wings of Mercy to finish of the crippled opponent.

Now if only we had a non-armor axe user with good mixed defenses that can tank nearly anything and land counterattacks with Distant Counter and Vantage.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

22 hours ago, Othin said:

It'd be neat if we eventually get, say, Shinon with the Double Bow with built-in Close Counter, though.

oh man i want this so bad. if they make the Double Bow anything like it was in the game (super OP, and is it actually the highest damage weapon in the game? i remember it has more than Ragnell)...i feel like they'll give Shinon the Silencer, though. i'll take any Shinon, give please. 

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Legion's Axe looks like it would be most useful on an arena defense team because a defense team is not concerned with the survival of its units, and the effect of Legion's Axe takes effect whether or not its user survives (as long as the user performed an attack). A unit can run in with Legion's Axe and either die, allowing another unit to finish off the crippled opponent, or survive with low HP, allowing other units to warp in with Wings of Mercy to finish of the crippled opponent.

Now if only we had a non-armor axe user with good mixed defenses that can tank nearly anything and land counterattacks with Distant Counter and Vantage.

isn't that basically just titania

15 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

oh man i want this so bad. if they make the Double Bow anything like it was in the game (super OP, and is it actually the highest damage weapon in the game? i remember it has more than Ragnell)...i feel like they'll give Shinon the Silencer, though. i'll take any Shinon, give please. 

There aren't really other factors to speculate about, besides the stats of the character using it. If they go for that implementation of the Double Bow, it'll be a 14 Mt weapon like other ultimate bows, with effectiveness against fliers due to being a bow, plus Close Counter.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Do you mean if debuffs stayed for the entirety of their turn or having a unit doing anything and using a dancer to give them another turn? If it's the latter, it can work for some situations like I've had Olivia dance for a Gravity affected Linde when she baits Leo on the final map to continue positioning her. Then again, that's a very large map and there's plenty of space and obstacles to use.

53 minutes ago, JSND said:

isn't that basically just titania

Or Camilla, Narcian, and even Arthur and Hawkeye. Mostly Camilla though since she's faster than the others, but not as fast as Titania. 37 HP, 32 Spd, 28 Def, and 31 Res is pretty good compared to Titania's 37 HP, 34 Spd, 25 Def, and 30 Res. Titania's defense isn't that great without her Emerald Axe lowering the damage she takes. Arthur's at 43 HP, 29 Spd, 30 Def, and 24 Res which is comparable to Narcian's 42 HP, 29 Spd, 32 Def, and 26 Res. And Hawkeye's basically Sophia in this situation: 45 HP, 22 Spd, 28 Def, and 30 Res.

Camilla's probably the best bet if you want fast and bulky, but she's a flyer, so she can't tank everything. Isn't her ideal mage counter build to use Distant Counter and Quick Riposte 3 with a Silver Axe+ in the first place? Legion's Axe+ has 1 less MT than Silver Axe+, but has Panic. Now, if only I could get a Camilla...

I think Ice Dragon might be asking for someone like an axe Selena; 37 HP, 35 Spd, 32 Def, and 28 Res is quite bulky at the cost of having 25 neutral attack. Heh, axe Selena would finally be able to beat her mother at something. Would totally go for an axe Pegasus Knight so she can be a rebel. :p

Edited by Kaden

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

The unfortunate thing with all of this is as you pointed out that if a unit does anything and a dancer is there to refresh them, then all the debuffs go away. If it didn't and debuffs stayed for the entirety of a turn, then debuffs could be more potent.

Panic and the non-counter effect of Candlelight staff stay in place, even if you are getting danced. Those debuffs stay until the next Round starts and can not be danced+move off, if I am not mistaken (100% sure on the Candlelight staff, because it doesnt wear off the unit even after multiple attack rounds from your allys, this is how i handled several times Distant Counter Hectors)
Atk Ploy on the other hand can be danced off.

Also on the subject of daggers: there isnt a Brave Dagger, so Dagger users are by default allready disadvantaged against bow users.

In order to make Dagger users strong debuffers, their debuffs shoulnt wear off after one move, but after the turn. Or their Debuffs cant be overwritten with buffs. 

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Oh hey, it's a Donnel, didn't know you liked him so much.

I pulled 8 Donnels trying to get Bride Cadea. I just decided to make some use out of the army of Donnels besides feathers.

1 minute ago, Anime27Arts said:

I pulled 8 Donnels trying to get Bride Cadea. I just decided to make some use out of the army of Donnels besides feathers.

He's actually pretty decent for SI fodder---HP+ kind of sucks as an A-skill, but he gets drag-back, reciprocal, and brave-lance. (Budget builds can just use up a 3* to nab B-lance, reciprocal, and drag-back all at once).

His only problem is that the best brave lance user starts with brave-lance anyway (Cordelia).

Also: Any particular reason you went with +Res/-Def as your Oboro?

Just now, DehNutCase said:

He's actually pretty decent for SI fodder---HP+ kind of sucks as an A-skill, but he gets drag-back, reciprocal, and brave-lance. (Budget builds can just use up a 3* to nab B-lance, reciprocal, and drag-back all at once).

His only problem is that the best brave lance user starts with brave-lance anyway (Cordelia).

Also: Any particular reason you went with +Res/-Def as your Oboro?

Honesty.. it was an accident.  It was a misclick when sacrificing a 5* Cordelia get the brave lance + and Astra and i didnt realized it until afterwards.  I plan on raising more up to combine so then i will get a good nature for her.  But for the time being this will do.  The hp+ helps at lower levels when raising her as a 4* to make sure she isn't one shoted.

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

Also on the subject of daggers: there isnt a Brave Dagger, so Dagger users are by default allready disadvantaged against bow users.

In order to make Dagger users strong debuffers, their debuffs shoulnt wear off after one move, but after the turn. Or their Debuffs cant be overwritten with buffs. 

Wouldn't it be kind of weak, though? Daggers having low MT is one issue to begin with. Poison Dagger is strong when it's effective on most of the cast and is by default on Kagero with 35 neutral attack and 32 speed. The next best contender is +Atk Gaius who'd have 32 attack and 36 speed, but that's a lot of feathers and SP to spend and +Atk and +Spd Kagero are still stronger when she has 38 attack and 32 speed or 35 attack and speed.

Brave weapons have the lowest MT of all weapons. Let's say it's not for daggers and it's stronger than Poison Dagger, 2 and 5 MT, but weaker than Rogue Dagger, 4 and 7 MT. 3 and 6 MT for a Brave Dagger puts it under Brave Bow's MT by 1 point and without being innately effective against flyers like all bows.

Firesweep Dagger might be more useful since it'd have higher MT. They can only attack twice, but that might be enough to chip units down safely and who knows, it could still have a debuff like -3 to defense and resistance which is the lowest a dagger's debuff goes. Firesweep Dagger and Poison Strike 3 wouldn't do as much damage as Deathly Dagger and Poison Strike 3, but it'd be way safer since the enemy can't counterattack.

23 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I think Ice Dragon might be asking for someone like an axe Selena; 37 HP, 35 Spd, 32 Def, and 28 Res is quite bulky at the cost of having 25 neutral attack. Heh, axe Selena would finally be able to beat her mother at something. Would totally go for an axe Pegasus Knight so she can be a rebel. :p

Selena with her Def and Res switched (maybe sacrifice a bit more Atk for Def and Res) would be pretty close to my ideal Legion's Axe user. Something like 37/22/35/30/33 would basically be perfect. Fast enough to avoid being double attacked by most things, sturdy enough to survive a round of combat against a lot of things, and dumping Atk because you don't need Atk to be annoying by spreading Panic debuffs and being a Wings of Mercy beacon.

qPyQOq1.png

I've gotten used to boxing in Veronica, but it worked on this Camilla in the arena, too.

She kept using Draw Back to keep Hinoka close to her for Hone Fliers and eventually ended up backing into that spot.

Edited by Othin

41 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

@Arcanite it's been a long journey but look who is finally 5* lvl 40

Just a bit more SI and she will be perfect!!!!!  

YES 

WE SHALL RUN THE WORLD WITH OUR ARMY OF 5 STAR OBOROS

@SniperGYS THAT INCLUDES YOU TOO!

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Selena with her Def and Res switched (maybe sacrifice a bit more Atk for Def and Res) would be pretty close to my ideal Legion's Axe user. Something like 37/22/35/30/33 would basically be perfect. Fast enough to avoid being double attacked by most things, sturdy enough to survive a round of combat against a lot of things, and dumping Atk because you don't need Atk to be annoying by spreading Panic debuffs and being a Wings of Mercy beacon.

I was thinking about giving my 5 Star +3 Hawkeye Legions Axe, but the lack of his Speed is really disheartining, Beruka suffers with the same

Sheena has the Bulk and can use Wary Fighter + Close Counter + Legions Axe to not get killed easy and apply it to any attacker, but here movement range is really crap ...

All other axe users with enough SPD suffer either in RES or DEF. I guess its wait until they release an Axe User that could make use out of this.

The only Axe user i see that can benefit from is Sheena, but running an Armorer gives you more trouble then any Benefit you would gain from the Legion Axe, but i guess it would be a nice addtion for anyone that is Running Ward-Armorer groups

Edited by Hilda

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Legion has a nearly perfect spread for his axe, actually---against single hits, he only has 1 less EHP than Selena, his HP is just that high. Obviously he fares worse if he's getting doubled, but if someone with 35 base speed and Fury 3 is getting doubled, something went horribly, horribly wrong.

His higher offenses also means that he can just flat out one-round without needing to rely on a special proc like Selena.

45 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

YES 

@SniperGYS THAT INCLUDES YOU TOO!

I have enought feathers to make my new 4*Oboro into 5* ... Are I'm allowed to have that much power in my hands?

1 minute ago, SniperGYS said:

I have enought feathers to make my new 4*Oboro into 5* ... Are I'm allowed to have that much power in my hands?

I'm not even sure if it's legal, but do it anyway

THE PEOPLE MUST KNOW

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

YES 

I have 20,000 feathers and I was considering about promoting Nino. But now I kinda want to promote Oboro after seeing that.

I feel conflicted... ;-;

1 minute ago, Falcom said:

I have 20,000 feathers and I was considering about promoting Nino. But now I kinda want to promote Oboro after seeing that.

I feel conflicted... ;-;

ONE QUESTION:

Spoiler

WHO IS BEST GIRL!?!?!?

Spoiler

Answer that, and you will have your decision

36 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I'm not even sure if it's legal, but do it anyway

THE PEOPLE MUST KNOW

2 Oboros in goldeen 5* ... The tempation of doing is too strongh, every time she oneshoot an Hector while slapping an Ignis is his face is... wonderfull .

I want to make a video dedicated to my Heroes!Oboro, I just need to find a good video editor

5 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

I want to make a video dedicated to my Heroes!Oboro, I just need to find a good video editor

If you do that, I will die happy

2 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Can someone explain the Oboro hype to me? 

Oboro is the single best thing to happen to the series

Boom