Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

52 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

But neither are Innes and Ephraim are sword users 

49 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Bruh this is Fire Emblem. 

There are going to be a ton of swords in most gauntlets. 

The very first gauntlet was almost entirely swords, and it worked out fine lol

Tfw no one follows Warriors memes

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

A game with too many swords

Swords, woody.........

Swords everywhere...

Let's see if FE Switch will continue the "swords or else" trend XD 

Hmm... I guess I'm on team Lissa and er... Lachesis? I don't have Elise, Priscilla, or Sakura and I never played Binding Blade, Shadow Dragon, or the Tellius games, so Clarine, Maria, and Mist are kind of just there. Have played Blazing Sword, but of the healers, it's Serra all day, every day. Lachesis is at least funny in a way where her art makes her look really young, but her voice tells you she isn't. Helps that she sounds quite sassy. Anyway, isn't Lachesis the oldest of the group? Her quotes seem like this is a Lachesis after Eldigan's death which could also mean she's a mom by now which technically, Lissa's a mom too...

Somehow this made its way into my head and it was a unit with a "bad" stat spread. 42 HP, 10 Atk, 35 Spd, 35 Def, and 35 Res. Adjust for different units like 10 less for ranged units or 11 more for knights. Probably not that all useful, but I think a healer with that kind of spread, so something like 42 HP, 10 Atk, 35 Spd, 30 Def, and 30 Res, could be useful since they would be dumping all their attack for durability to the point where you could even use them as an extra meat shield. You could slap Fortress Def on them and hope to get a -Atk, +HP, +Res, or +Spd one for even more durability. The hilarious part is they would only have 4 base attack if they were -Atk and had Fortress Def, but who cares! You have a healer with at least 42 HP, 35 Spd, 40 Def, and 30 Res and if you want damage, slap Pain on them. I questioned if there was an existing unit that could have these stats and funny enough I think there is: Renault. Mercenaries and Heroes have balanced stats, Renault was one, and like Azama, his magic sucks too.

Also, a knight with a stat spread like this could be a massive troll, especially on the trials where units have boosted stats. To add insult to injury, this unit has Wary Fighter by default. Speaking of which, let's tank their speed then for more bulk! I don't know if this is legal, but 62 HP, 10 Atk, 16 Spd, 40 Def, and 40 Res.

The voting gauntlet is pretty meh to me, but then it was always going to be. I'm not particularly fussed on any of the healers currently in the game, although some have nice art. Lachesis and Mist would never get my vote - I loathe moe art, especially for characters like Lachesis who just shouldn't have it. Mist at least makes some sense, even if I do dislike it -.- 

Going to back Priscilla. She's the prettiest of them all, imo, and she helped me through Tempest Trials. I don't really know who I'll back after that. Marie, maybe, since she was my first 5* healer, if Priscilla loses first round... And then I'll probably switch over to Lissa, methinks. Elise was always a tad excitable for me, and I dislike the shy, stammery girl archtype found in so many japanese things, so I don't particularly want to go for Sakura. Lissa was exciteable, but not overly so. 

Unless Mist will beat Lissa by virtue of being Ike's sister? It could be possible, I guess... If that was the case, I'd join whichever of the other side won...

Okay, plan is there!

2 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

How is everyone doing with the pacing of the quests?

I mean tempest trials literally took all my energy and attention. Catching up to training tower orbs might be a hassle.

Currently farming SP for Peri to get her ready to be my Voting Gauntlet rep, so I'm just running all cavalry to kill two pegasi with one arrow.

Peri tanked a Tenth Stratum Titania's Emerald Axe+ Iceberg with Escutcheon. I'm so proud of her.

2 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Also no info on Clarisse yet? 

Almost certainly starting late next week after the Michalis re-run ends unless they add a new Grand-Hero-Battle-eligible character in version 1.5.

At least the silver lining of not having the character you're supporting means you can just whomever the hell you want (I mean you always could, but then I'd feel like I'm wasting points if I have the bonus character just sitting there). I imagine Reinhardt will run through these teams a hell of a lot faster than an Elise would :P

@JSND lol my calcs are the best. Whoops

@shadowofchaos I haven't cleared the june quests completely due to Tempest Trials and Mobius FF/SoV catching my attention :P: I'm currently training my new Hinoka to finish the flier quests, then I'll head to horse team and finally armor emblem.

Regarding the Gauntlet I wanted to support either Clarine or Priscilla but I'll stick to Clarine because she's Pent and Louise's daughter :D

I finished the June quests with some difficulty after TT (I think the mindless throw Reinhardt at everything strat I had going put me in a bad place for armours/fliers/9-5 deathless) so it took more stamina than I would like. 

I've completed Michalis' quests with Alfonse. Just grinding my current Michalis back up to level 40 after I idiotically promoted him to 5*, forgetting his GHB was out. He's currently level 34, so he's not far off. I might just try and risk it as is shortly, but we'll see. 

I finished the cav quest before tempest trial. Blowing through infantry and flier quests now. If my Palla were 4 star, I'd at least have one flier buff, but it's not necessary. Just reroll the tenth stratum if there are two archers or two greens that can snipe my Cordelia. Still trying to decide on her skills. After using Mkv* Donnel, drag back on a brave user sounds worth the SP, especially with a flier's freedom of movement.

As for the gauntlet, I guess I'll choose Maria as my lil' sis. Probably my worst healer of the four I use, but Elise and Sakura are maxed on HM and Wrys isn't in the gauntlet. Now I just need to worry about getting decent units from my friends list to support. 

7 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Is there any benefit to picking a unit you have for a gauntlet or playing as them during the runs or do people do that just because?

You get a 10% score bonus

21 minutes ago, r_n said:

You get a 10% score bonus

For which? Picking a unit that you own to support or having them in your team (weather it's your's or another's) during a gauntlet stage run?

Edited by Zeo

10 minutes ago, Zeo said:

For which? Picking a unit that you own to support or having them in your team (weather it's your's or another's) during a gauntlet stage run?

If you field the character you are supporting, you receive a 1.1× multiplier to your score for that run (stacks with flags and friends).

EDIT: Only works if you field the character yourself. If you get the character as one of your two loaned units, it doesn't count for the bonus.

Edited by Ice Dragon

29 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you field the character you are supporting, you receive a 1.1× multiplier to your score for that run (stacks with flags and friends).

I'm noticing more and more that you are a paragon of knowledge and wisdom. You must be the resident Sage of this area.

Thanks as always, guess I'm supporting Sakura.

15 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I'm noticing more and more that you are a paragon of knowledge and wisdom. You must be the resident Sage of this area.

nah hes the resident dancer

15 minutes ago, Zeo said:

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

1 hour ago, JSND said:

It is my duty to allow others take another turn when they otherwise could not.

Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't we had a seasonal banner after every 3 regular banners?  I believe it went Sibling Bonds I, Sibling Bonds II, Blazing Shadows, SPRING, World of Shadows, Ike, Rite of Shadows, BRIDAL, Echoes, x, y, SWIMSUIT

???

18 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't we had a seasonal banner after every 3 regular banners?  I believe it went Sibling Bonds I, Sibling Bonds II, Blazing Shadows, SPRING, World of Shadows, Ike, Rite of Shadows, BRIDAL, Echoes, x, y, SWIMSUIT

???

It does look that way so far, yeah. We'll have to see if the pattern holds.

Whatever the next special banner is, I expect it to be released around the first week of August. I've been counting it by months instead of banners, and the last two were active around the first week of the even numbered months. And that'd fit with the possible Christmas banner as well, since I assume that would be in December or something. And October for a possible Halloween one.