• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

16 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

How's Slaying Edge Selena lul.

@Oboro! Brave Lance baybeeeee. Imma make you risk your life for me. I had nothing to do with this 5* Abel anyway.

It's... decent. I did some calcs on it earlier, and IRRC she has like 60-80 wins on offense depending on whether you're using Atk Seal Bonfire or Pulse Ignis.

Still not enough of a difference compared to just Armorslayer for me to swap out of it, though. (This is mostly because Selena's niche is the kind of long, drawn out fights like in TT, but Arena doesn't provide that, and 'typical' short term burst builds like pulse Ignis simply isn't interesting on her. An 18 MT Silver++ would probably be her best sword---an interesting reflection on how Selena wanted a shitton of forges to leverage her absurd bulk and speed in Conquest.)

Edit: A quick run through the simulator concurs. Wo Dao+ has 2 more wins when Ignis is 1 cd or less, but Silver++'s (Silver with 18 MT) lead everywhere else means that I'd much rather run Silver++ than Wo Dao+.

Note that Wo Dao+'s 2 win is only because it's 10 bonus damage is unaffected by WTA, otherwise Silver++'s 5 MT lead means that 10 damage doesn't even matter.

Edited by DehNutCase

4 minutes ago, JSND said:

They have star in their name obviously they liked Selfie

Well, they're Byakuya in weeb, if we're going by that. White Nights don't like selfies.

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

It's... decent. I did some calcs on it earlier, and IRRC she has like 60-80 wins on offense depending on whether you're using Atk Seal Bonfire or Pulse Ignis.

Still not enough of a difference compared to just Armorslayer for me to swap out of it, though. (This is mostly because Selena's niche is the kind of long, drawn out fights like in TT, but Arena doesn't provide that, and 'typical' short term burst builds like pulse Ignis simply isn't interesting on her. An 18 MT Silver++ would probably be her best sword---an interesting reflection on how Selena wanted a shitton of forges to leverage her absurd bulk and speed in Conquest.)

But more Might from Slaying Edge!

What matchups do Armorslayer give her an edge in anyway? She already runs Sheena and Hector into the ground. Draug and Zephiel lol?

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What matchups do Armorslayer give her an edge in anyway? She already runs Sheena and Hector into the ground. Draug and Zephiel lol?

It doesn't give her any particular edges---Armor slayer is still one of her worst weapon choices.

It just happens to be her cheapest weapon choice. A strict comparison of Armorslayer v. every other weapon would only be after giving the armor slayer Selena a +1 (because a 5* weapon has to come from a 5*), but I imagine even then it's still one of the worst swords.

That said, her performance is already good enough in her niche that it'd take a major upgrade for me to bother changing out her weapon. Ruby is interesting to give her immortality vs. reds, but regular is fine if she has all the time in the world to kill people.

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

It doesn't give her any particular edges---Armor slayer is still one of her worst weapon choices.

It just happens to be her cheapest weapon choice. A strict comparison of Armorslayer v. every other weapon would only be after giving the armor slayer Selena a +1 (because a 5* weapon has to come from a 5*), but I imagine even then it's still one of the worst swords.

That said, her performance is already good enough in her niche that it'd take a major upgrade for me to bother changing out her weapon. Ruby is interesting to give her immortality vs. reds, but regular is fine if she has all the time in the world to kill people.

But with Slaying, she can take her time to kill her opponent... Faster!!!!

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

But with Slaying, she can take her time to kill her opponent... Faster!!!!

4 cd to 3cd does literally nothing for Selena unless you pack Pulse Seal as well. Pulse Seal is best on 'arena' units, that is, people who don't expect to fight over and over---the kind of situation Selena performs best in.

Bonfire to 2 cd is intersting, but...

It only adds around 20 wins---going to about 60ish from 40ish. Selena's kills are mostly squishy units who get their ass doubled due to her 35 base speed, and Bonfire doesn't add enough to kill that many bulky melees, and 2cd doesn't trigger versus squishy mages who don't fight back. Bonfire pulse goes to the high 70s, but... like Setsuna, Selena's default numbers are pushed up by the fact that no one is running Fury 3---both her Atk and Speed are at the level of 'barely enough.' Her wins drop to the 40s even with pulse bonfire if enemies pack Fury 3.

I wouldn't call you out for giving her a Slaying Edge, but it's not something that plays to her strengths.

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

4 cd to 3cd does literally nothing for Selena unless you pack Pulse Seal as well. Pulse Seal is best on 'arena' units, that is, people who don't expect to fight over and over---the kind of situation Selena performs best in.

Bonfire to 2 cd is intersting, but...

It only adds around 20 wins---going to about 60ish from 40ish. Selena's kills are mostly squishy units who get their ass doubled due to her 35 base speed, and Bonfire doesn't add enough to kill that many bulky melees, and 2cd doesn't trigger versus squishy mages who don't fight back. Bonfire pulse goes to the high 70s, but... like Setsuna, Selena's default numbers are pushed up by the fact that no one is running Fury 3---both her Atk and Speed are at the level of 'barely enough.' Her wins drop to the 40s even with pulse bonfire if enemies pack Fury 3.

I wouldn't call you out for giving her a Slaying Edge, but it's not something that plays to her strengths.

It was just a joke about speeding up a "slow and steady" niche, but if I pull a Saber I might.

That or the Zanbato, actually. I have this -Atk Gray.

8 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Except Astrid is the only Tellius cavalier who actually specializes in bows while you have Oscar, Geoffrey and Fiona who all specialize in lances. Besides, Geoffrey is clearly an expy of Finn (both are blue haired lance knights, both known for using a Brave Lance, both very devoted to their lieges, heck even the scenario in which Geoffrey is recruited in PoR is exactly like Finn's in FE4 Gen 2) so making him a bow cavalier would completely ruin that.

They made Lucius a healer, and he was always associated with being a Light Mage, he's probably the most archetypical Light Mage in the series, since most begin as healers and get Light Magic later, so IS has proven that story is not always the final decision in weapon type.

40 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well, they're Byakuya in weeb, if we're going by that. White Nights don't like selfies.

Idk my guildbros told me white girl like Selfie. A country called White Night probably would like Selfie too

@DehNutCase CQ Selena have absurd bulk? 

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I have this weird urge to stuff Odin full with feathers to give Ursula Blárblade+. Please convince me not to.

Ursula is no fun. Linde and Delthea is where it's at.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

As if I have either.

There. Just save Odin until you get one of them. And then when you get one, forget you aimed for it in the first place.

Works for me and Swordbreaker fodder.

4 hours ago, JSND said:

Idk my guildbros told me white girl like Selfie. A country called White Night probably would like Selfie too

@DehNutCase CQ Selena have absurd bulk? 

Selena has 15% higher personal defense growth than str growth. (Mind, her 30% atk isn't exactly high.)

The only two characters with better personal growth is Benny and Keaton. They also have better bases, but in Benny's case this is only because Knights give a ton of defense---after adjusting for level and class, Selena actually has more defense at base. Edit: I suck at math, Benny's base def is damn good at 11 base, before class---Selena only has 7, the 5 level difference isn't enough to make up for it (she comes close, mind, but doesn't catch up---she ends up about 2 def behind at equal level and same class.) Keaton's just insane, though.

Edited by DehNutCase

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

They made Lucius a healer, and he was always associated with being a Light Mage, he's probably the most archetypical Light Mage in the series, since most begin as healers and get Light Magic later, so IS has proven that story is not always the final decision in weapon type.

Linde and Julia would like to have a word with you. Especially Julia who is the light mage in the first game with split magic.

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

There. Just save Odin until you get one of them. And then when you get one, forget you aimed for it in the first place.

Works for me and Swordbreaker fodder.

Getting casual  66 attack eith Ursula is fun though

Ursula > Delthea.  Linde is another story

52 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Linde and Julia would like to have a word with you. Especially Julia who is the light mage in the first game with split magic.

Forgot about Julia, serves me right for not playing FE4.  Linde used Light Magic, but it wasn't it's own weapon type yet.

Lucius still is iconic for Light Magic.  His name is F-bomb Lucius, which literally means "Light".

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

So, my Sharena needs a B skill. I'm thinking Vantage, since I have a Gordin who can give her that. And it's a good skill.

I gave Sharena Swordbreaker and never regret the decision.

@Anacybele Sharena wants Quick Riposte or either Swordbreaker or Lancebreaker more. Units with 1-2 range counter make better use of Vantage. Mine has Quick Riposte, personally, though Swordbreaker is pretty useful for negating follow-ups from reds like Ryoma and Lucina, who are all faster than her.

Nah, Sharena doesn't need those when she's fast enough to double a lot of things already. She should be in Vantage range often though, due her low defenses. But any other ideas?

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Nah, Sharena doesn't need those when she's fast enough to double a lot of things already. She should be in Vantage range often though, due her low defenses. But any other ideas?

Not really

Ryoma is 35

Ike is 31

Lucina is 36

Sharena is 32+3

Out of the standard sword lord she doubles none of them which is why QR is the rec. 

Edited by JSND

@Anacybele You literally just handwaved our suggestion?

Sharena's 35 Spd with Spd +3 isn't terribly fast, and she does in fact get doubled by optimized Lucina and Ryoma variants. Ephraim also runs Lancebreaker and easily gets the drop on her if she also doesn't run it.

Other than that, your other options are Cancel Affinity and Drag Back. Vantage is weaker on her compared to other units, we can assure you.

Edited by MrSmokestack

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Not really

Ryoma is 35

Ike is 31

Lucina is 36

Sharena is 32+2

She doubles none of them which is why QR is the rec.