• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

29 minutes ago, OakTree said:

They'll probably make a special Tellius event with a Rate-Up Gacha and everything, which is a smart move, putting too many fan-favorites like Marth, Ike, Lyn and Chrom at right at launch would not be the smartest of moves.

That is a very good point, actually. Having all the popular characters in at the start means all the hype happens all at once, rather than letting it out in chunks over time...

So there you go @Anacybele, that's probably the reason why your musclehubby isn't in at the get-go. Think of it as something you have to look forward to! Tellius, Jugdral, Magvel, they'll probably all be released in time... and then, as people have mentioned, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Gaiden/Echoes tie-in as well at some point in the future. 

8 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

So there you go @Anacybele, that's probably the reason why your musclehubby isn't in at the get-go. Think of it as something you have to look forward to! Tellius, Jugdral, Magvel, they'll probably all be released in time... and then, as people have mentioned, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Gaiden/Echoes tie-in as well at some point in the future. 

"musclehubby"? Try coming up with better terms, first of all... I would never consider Ike such a stupid-sounding thing. xP

Second, I don't want to have to wait even longer for any Tellius characters to be in the game. I could never look forward to having to wait even LONGER than I should have to. Not including the top fan favorites from the get-go is a bad idea too, because not as many people will buy the game right away and keep playing. Look at Pokemon GO, it had a massive launch, but a lot of people stopped playing quickly because it didn't have features to keep them busy, like battling outside of gyms, trading, etc. It still barely has any Pokemon outside of gen 1. I still play it on occasion, but not as much as before.

If this game launches with minimum characters available, it'll suffer the same fate, and FE isn't as big a thing as Pokemon to begin with. There are plenty of characters and weapons and maps and stuff to add later, FE has a massive cast and lots of games to pull content/inspiration from. It wouldn't hurt at all to have characters like Chrom, Marth, Ike, and Roy all at the start. More characters from their games can come later. I wouldn't mind waiting for Frederick or Kieran or anyone, because I'd have Ike and maybe one or two other characters Iike enough to enjoy until then. But if I have nothing favorable? What's the point?

Edited by Anacybele

4 hours ago, Harvey said:

Great, this game is only releasing on few countries...and its not in my area. 

You know, Nintendo may be doing well on mobile right now but they are terrible when it comes to releasing their mobile games. Why oh why is it so hard to release mobile games globally? When you consider how cheap it is to make mobile games, you be stupid if you can't release them globally. Atleast consoles it makes sense why specific games are released on specific regions but this?

It may have to do with governments and whatnot.  Regardless, this isn't solely a Nintendo issue.  For example, Kingdom Hearts Unchained took several months before it was released to Latin America!

@AnacybeleIt's how gacha games work. Given that Ike is the most popular FE character in Japan, it makes sense to make him the rarest to get.

Expect all those whales to spend thousands of dollars and never get an Ike.

Edited by Jave

2 minutes ago, Jave said:

@AnacybeleIt's how gacha games work. Given that Ike is the most popular FE character in Japan, it makes sense to make him the rarest to get.

Expect all those whales to spend thousands of dollars and never get an Ike.

I don't know if that Famitsu poll means he's the most popular there period (though it's a nice indicator of what his popularity there is like), but I don't want him to be so rare that I can't get him either. :( And I don't think even he's worth THAT much money...

They have to drip feed a mix of characters over time to keep interest up. If they released every single lord and main character at once, they wouldn't have anything to hook people on later. It may not be until June or later, but eventually they will come. 

3 hours ago, Gima said:

So, why is it that no Skill means that everything hits always? Weapons are a thing in this game. Isn't it possible that everything just has a flat chance to hit?

True, that could happen. But lack of hit rates shown in addition to mobile games generally being about quick fun rather than lengthy campaigns makes me thing that hitting things will be the norm. However, with passive skills a thing there could be skills for dodging. And skills that ignore dodge skills lol.

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't know if that Famitsu poll means he's the most popular there period (though it's a nice indicator of what his popularity there is like), but I don't want him to be so rare that I can't get him either. :( And I don't think even he's worth THAT much money...

I don't think it's worth it either but the baffling fact is that there are people willing to pay outrageous amounts of money for these things. Though it's usually for waifus. So Ike goes for 500$, Tharja for 10000$.

I'm also curious to see how much re-rolling will be enabled in Heroes... (which, incidentally, would be a way for you to get Ike though it's a quest of patience)

@Anacybele I disagree with your stance. I think they should release bursts of popular characters in order to make them shine in their way. If they throw all the popular characters people will have an overhype by release but then they will start being bored because there won't be anything interesting or appealing for further updates. It's mostly a matter of marketing, don't throw your best at first, but rather keep your clients focused on what you want them to be focused on.

On another note I don't think characters themeselves will be purchaseable but rather they will just increase the chance to get them at the Summon Shrine, it's how these games work. Imagine a Tellius batch being released, say, on April, they will throw Ike, Soren, Titania, Mist and whatnot, during your summoning you will have a higher chance of getting new units rather than older ones.

I can already smell a Gaiden update by May anticipating Shadows of Valentia. Mark your calendars, folks!

Edited by Quintessence
Fixed spelling.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

"musclehubby"? Try coming up with better terms, first of all... I would never consider Ike such a stupid-sounding thing. xP

Second, I don't want to have to wait even longer for any Tellius characters to be in the game. I could never look forward to having to wait even LONGER than I should have to. Not including the top fan favorites from the get-go is a bad idea too, because not as many people will buy the game right away and keep playing. Look at Pokemon GO, it had a massive launch, but a lot of people stopped playing quickly because it didn't have features to keep them busy, like battling outside of gyms, trading, etc. It still barely has any Pokemon outside of gen 1. I still play it on occasion, but not as much as before.

If this game launches with minimum characters available, it'll suffer the same fate, and FE isn't as big a thing as Pokemon to begin with. There are plenty of characters and weapons and maps and stuff to add later, FE has a massive cast and lots of games to pull content/inspiration from. It wouldn't hurt at all to have characters like Chrom, Marth, Ike, and Roy all at the start. More characters from their games can come later. I wouldn't mind waiting for Frederick or Kieran or anyone, because I'd have Ike and maybe one or two other characters Iike enough to enjoy until then. But if I have nothing favorable? What's the point?

Can you lighten the hell up please :| Jeez a guy tries some good-natured ribbing about your single-minded fixation on Ike to lighten the air and... this.

46 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

True, that could happen. But lack of hit rates shown in addition to mobile games generally being about quick fun rather than lengthy campaigns makes me thing that hitting things will be the norm. However, with passive skills a thing there could be skills for dodging. And skills that ignore dodge skills lol.

Yeah, I suspected that might be the case as well. It's Fire Emblem 'Lite' essentially, so the absence of Luck and Skill and hit rates sort of makes sense to me. Damage-avoidance skills might be a thing as well, I second the possibility.

Edited by BANRYU

Yeah. Some people might be upset by it, but at the end of the day, it's not what I think anyone should be considering a 'serious' Fire Emblem title-- it's a silly little mobile RPG where you get to (attempt to - $$$) collect your favorite characters. I for one am totally fine with that lol. It is what it is y'know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and if it ends up being something more, then all the better. 

Since we have skills that add damage (Night Sky), having one that mitigates damage isn't too far-fetched.  Just not something like Big Shield, because FE4's implementation was irritating.

22 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

@Anacybele I disagree with your stance. I think they should release bursts of popular characters in order to make them shine in their way. If they throw all the popular characters people will have an overhype by release but then they will start being bored because there won't be anything interesting or appealing for further updates. It's mostly a matter of marketing, don't throw your best at first, but rather keep your clients focused on what you want them to be focused on.

On another note I don't think characters themeselves will be purchaseable but rather they will just increase the chance to get them at the Summon Shrine, it's how these games work. Imagine a Tellius batch being released, say, on April, they will throw Ike, Soren, Titania, Mist and whatnot, during your summoning you will have a higher chance of getting new units rather than older ones.

I can already smell a Gaiden update by May anticipating Shadows of Valentia. Mark your calendars, folks!

And I completely disagree with yours. I never said anything about having ALL of the characters you mentioned available at the start. I said just Ike, Roy, Marth, and Chrom other than what we already saw. That still leaves a LOT of characters left to be added through DLC. Soren, Titania, Mist, and everyone else can wait. The lords aren't the only popular characters and they're not the only characters people would look forward to.

I don't want to wait until freaking April to get any Tellius characters, that's preposterous. And if we have to wait until April for the first new content, the significant updates will be as snail-like as Pokemon GO's and I don't want that for this game. Heroes will fail utterly if we don't have interesting content to begin with and it doesn't look much like that's the case so far. I'm not saying we need some new characters like, every single week or anything, but every other week is fine.

Me and other people would wait to buy the game or not buy it at all if there isn't enough for us to enjoy when the game releases and that's not a good thing.

26 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Can you lighten the hell up please :| Jeez a guy tries some good-natured ribbing about your single-minded fixation on Ike to lighten the air and... this.

That's all you have to say to my post? Wow. But I've been getting rather frustrated at some conversations on the forum lately, so I don't mean to sound rude. My mistake there.

The trailer suggests that there is going to be 200 characters in the first wave. Suggesting that the game will fail because of a lack of interesting characters is simply ludicrous. 

It's not interesting to everyone though. eclipse. There are people who prefer Tellius and Jugdral. I'm saying it's best to provide a little from each game at first, then update later with more characters. That way all fans see something they like from the start and still have much to look forward to later.

Also, 200 characters is a lot, but I'm pretty sure some of those characters could've been held back in favor of some others. Right now, I don't know if I'll get this game right away, which is sad, because I don't want to have to wait longer.

Another thing, I personally don't want to use any Elibe characters (except Sain, but I don't want to use only him either). They're uninteresting to me in general. Most Awakening and Fates characters are pretty bad too, imo.

Edited by Anacybele

Proper scheduling for the release of content is vital to keep gacha games alive, it keeps the hype and interest in the game active. Not only that, but taking your time with releases allows for F2P players to not feel overwhelmed, since by the time a rate-up gacha with their favorite character comes along they'll have saved up enough Premium currency to try to roll for them.

Ike is one of, if not the most popular Lord in the series and depending on who you ask he might even be considered the second face of the franchise alongside Marth, if they actually take their time with his release and are capable of maintaning interest in the game by releasing other content (New Maps, other special Gachas, Events and etc.) in the game by the time it happens then the hype for his release will be through the roof when it comes.

31 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And I completely disagree with yours. I never said anything about having ALL of the characters you mentioned available at the start. I said just Ike, Roy, Marth, and Chrom other than what we already saw. That still leaves a LOT of characters left to be added through DLC. Soren, Titania, Mist, and everyone else can wait. The lords aren't the only popular characters and they're not the only characters people would look forward to.

I don't want to wait until freaking April to get any Tellius characters, that's preposterous. And if we have to wait until April for the first new content, the significant updates will be as snail-like as Pokemon GO's and I don't want that for this game. Heroes will fail utterly if we don't have interesting content to begin with and it doesn't look much like that's the case so far. I'm not saying we need some new characters like, every single week or anything, but every other week is fine.

Me and other people would wait to buy the game or not buy it at all if there isn't enough for us to enjoy when the game releases and that's not a good thing.

I get what you're saying but will leave little content to be added further on. Let's say they add all the lords of each title plus 10-15 characters for each of them at base. What will they add later on, if not mid popular and filler characters? On the contrary, if one is notified that (for example) a Jugdral update is coming, it will trigger more hype, or at least, to a regular fan. Imo, your idea is good for a start but not good in the long term, because developers might just add fanservice stuff rather than more interesting content (like adding Sacred Stones or something (not specifically SS, just an example)). It is also true that not everyone will love an update or a specific title or something, but it surely adds continuity and longevity to the game.

10 minutes ago, Hardin said:

The trailer suggests that there is going to be 200 characters in the first wave. Suggesting that the game will fail because of a lack of interesting characters is simply ludicrous. 

Just a minor nitpick, did they mention it in the trailer? I'm certain that the grid has a capacity of 200 units, but they might add 80-100 to begin idk. Also, I was about to do a list of characters that made an appearance and they were quite a lot.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's not interesting to everyone though. eclipse. There are people who prefer Tellius and Jugdral. I'm saying it's best to provide a little from each game at first, then update later with more characters. That way all fans see something they like from the start and still have much to look forward to later.

Let's go back to what you originally said about interesting content:

39 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Heroes will fail utterly if we don't have interesting content to begin with and it doesn't look much like that's the case so far. I'm not saying we need some new characters like, every single week or anything, but every other week is fine.

You're not speaking for yourself.  You're speaking for the entire Heroes playerbase.  Except you're wrong, because I'm sure there's people who find characters within the initial cast interesting.  In other words, what's not interesting TO YOU is subjective, and don't speak for everyone else.

2 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

I get what you're saying but will leave little content to be added further on. Let's say they add all the lords of each title plus 10-15 characters for each of them at base. What will they add later on, if not mid popular and filler characters? On the contrary, if one is notified that (for example) a Jugdral update is coming, it will trigger more hype, or at least, to a regular fan. Imo, your idea is good for a start but not good in the long term, because developers might just add fanservice stuff rather than more interesting content (like adding Sacred Stones or something (not specifically SS, just an example)). It is also true that not everyone will love an update or a specific title or something, but it surely adds continuity and longevity to the game.

Again, I never said THAT much needed to be in the base game... Why must I repeat myself?

EDIT: Eclipse: Once AGAIN, I'm sure there is too, but I don't think there are enough people who would find the current content all that interesting, that's what I'm saying.

Edited by Anacybele

14 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Just a minor nitpick, did they mention it in the trailer? I'm certain that the grid has a capacity of 200 units, but they might add 80-100 to begin idk. Also, I was about to do a list of characters that made an appearance and they were quite a lot.

Just to add to this, the number 200 seemed like an inventory max limit to me. If it indeed is that, it's a rather poot way to judge the max number of characters, especially since we don't know yet how Heroes will handle situations where you get multiple copies of the same character.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

EDIT: Eclipse: Once AGAIN, I'm sure there is too, but I don't think there are enough people who would find the current content all that interesting, that's what I'm saying.

Considering how massively popular Awakening and Fates have been I'm afraid you're wrong about this particular point.

Frankly, I was positively surprised we were hinted anything but those and Marth's games at all. (I'll admit I would have preferred Tellius to Elibe, however)

3 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

Just to add to this, the number 200 seemed like an inventory max limit to me. If it indeed is that, it's a rather poot way to judge the max number of characters, especially since we don't know yet how Heroes will handle situations where you get multiple copies of the same character.

they will make you expand slots with summon orbs like Mobius does with magicite!

28 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Again, I never said THAT much needed to be in the base game... Why must I repeat myself?

I'm just wondering, why do you think there are not enough people that find the current content all interesting? Is it based off of a poll of likeable / favorite FE or just your gut feeling? Genuinly interested, no hate.

Also, I saw that you said that you weren't gonna buy the game in this state. But isn't the game free with optional purchases?

6 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

they will make you expand slots with summon orbs like Mobius does with magicite!

let's start with 10 inventory slots!

To be honest I don't think that kind of system is bad (if not good either), if mostly because those alternative uses for premium currency are usually cheap and easy to ignore unless you're spending a lot of money anyways. Depends heavily on how loosely they give free premium currency and how badly the game forces you to get those things however. I'm eternally salty that I need to pay for party slots with gems in Granblue Fantasy