Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

There are gachas with much worse summon rates, if we're being completely honest here.

Summoner's War had near zero 5* base rates if I recall correctly?

You are recalling correctly LOL

my only 5 star on there was made naturally heh

Summoner's War is Pay to Win heaven

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

17 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Whom shall I give Vantage to? I gave Camus it. Should anyone else get it?

Fast, hard-hitting squishies, Hector, and Takumi. :p

14 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

There are gachas with much worse summon rates, if we're being completely honest here.

Summoner's War had near zero 5* base rates if I recall correctly?

im spoiled as fuck by bf rates lol

and a contributing factor is that Fates is the kind of game i'd pull for the character instead of for the game. Not pulling my favs would suck(although my favorite servant didn't exist yet)

Edited by JSND

I finally got a good number of the Lunatic Chain Challenges done.  I got all the Paralogues done, and have all but the last two groups of chapters done now.  That's where the chapters started getting really brutal, so we'll see how I fare going forward.  I've only had to try again once so far, and that was mostly due to the first map in FE12's paralogue being a real bimp to beat without losing a unit.

I've started using my Tempest team of Reinhardt, Boey, Alm, Azura to start

Second team is either my Bridelia, Nino, Eirika, Ninian or Horse Emblem depending on the match-up going forward.

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I DON'T HAVE HECTOR OR TAKUMI :(

I feel like the fast, hard-hitting squishies should get Desperation. By that I mean Katarina, Linde, Nino. Hmm... any other ideas? I gave Nowi QR. Should she have Vantage instead?

Edited by GuiltyLove

7 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Since when is Hector "squishy"?

Edit: Oh snap I just didn't read this right heh

My bad

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I thought you hated whales

I mean I do, but.... you're different. You're just an adorable little baby whale  <3

Spoiler

Studio_20170307_220646.jpg.9e7e35b373ca222cef0fe1350a528b39.jpg

Yes, I still have this picture

Edited by Oboro!

34 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I didn't know there was word about birthday rewards.  I don't know how they'd know when your birthday is, though.  It would be nice if there was, though.  My birthday's in less than a week.

It was a thought I had, and some other comment on youtube.

12 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

1) out of how many orbs should you technically achieve a *5 (according to odds and maths)?

2) how do .25's-50's even make close to any difference that people even consider it?

1. Around one in every 15 pulls or so if you're pulling all 5 umbrellas each session. Better if you're pulling colors at favorable odds. Pulling only green from the Wyvern Knights banner would have been around one in 7 or 8 taking into account the times when there were no greens in the session.
  2. It doesn't really. It just makes people feel better. After 15 failed pulls, your odds of a pull being a 5-star character is 7.5%, which is a 32% chance that the next full session contains at least one 5-star. Compare that to 27% at base. In the long run, if you end pulling from a banner on a 5-star pull, you're only slightly better off than someone that lets a banner end without resetting their pity bonus (the more times you pull from a single banner on average, the less it matters).

17 minutes ago, JSND said:

and a contributing factor is that Fates is the kind of game i'd pull for the character instead of for the game. Not pulling my favs would suck(although my favorite servant didn't exist yet)

Who's your favorite servant? Mine is Hassan but Martha and Asterios cut it close.

Ever heard of D.O.T? I feel like I'm the only person who's played it. It got shut down almost two years ago though.

18 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I DON'T HAVE HECTOR OR TAKUMI :(

I feel like the fast, hard-hitting squishies should get Desperation. By that I mean Katarina, Linde, Nino. Hmm... any other ideas? I gave Nowi QR. Should she have Vantage instead?

I dunno. It depends on what you want to do like you could run someone like Kagero with Vantage rather than Desperation or a -breaker and units who are fast, but not super fast could run Vantage instead of a different B-skill.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here with like 6 Lon'qu and not knowing who to give Vantage to. Maybe Sharena or maybe she should have Lancebreaker or Swordbreaker. Possibly Sonya, but she a -breaker might make more sense for her with 31 neutral speed. Decisions...

Edit: I guess, also not fast, kind of slow units who aren't bulky for whatever reason could use Vantage decently too.

Edited by Kaden

Does anyone know if the Infernal Lloyd battle will be giving us an extra chance at Lloyd, in addition to the kill Lloyd with Sharena or whoever quest they'll have for two more Lloyds tomorrow?

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

I dunno. It depends on what you want to do like you could run someone like Kagero with Vantage rather than Desperation or a -breaker and units who are fast, but not super fast could run Vantage instead of a different B-skill.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here with like 6 Lon'qu and not knowing who to give Vantage to. Maybe Sharena or maybe she should have Lancebreaker or Swordbreaker. Possibly Sonya, but she a -breaker might make more sense for her with 31 neutral speed. Decisions...

Blah. I guess I will save Vantage fodder for now...

I wish LnD 3 weren't locked to 5*!

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:
  1. Around one in every 15 pulls or so if you're pulling all 5 umbrellas each session. Better if you're pulling colors at favorable odds. Pulling only green from the Wyvern Knights banner would have been around one in 7 or 8 taking into account the times when there were no greens in the session.
  2. It doesn't really. It just makes people feel better. After 15 failed pulls, your odds of a pull being a 5-star character is 7.5%, which is a 32% chance that the next full session contains at least one 5-star. Compare that to 27% at base. In the long run, if you end pulling from a banner on a 5-star pull, you're only slightly better off than someone that lets a banner end without resetting their pity bonus (the more times you pull from a single banner on average, the less it matters).

Ice Dragon to the rescue :awesome:

No, they're not umbrellas, they're little balls. <u>

So, like you've explained before, chances are far better than they seem. That would explain why "P2W" have ridiculous amount of "luck". Didn't think of simply adding everything up into the equation (aka, colors mixing on a summoning session).

Goes to say I should actually start saving up orbs, instead of ramming as soon as I get my first 5...

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

Who's your favorite servant?

EMIYA is the best.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Does anyone know if the Infernal Lloyd battle will be giving us an extra chance at Lloyd, in addition to the kill Lloyd with Sharena or whoever quest they'll have for two more Lloyds tomorrow?

How many Lloyds do you want.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

As many as it takes to feed my entire army Iceberg.

Would you like some Niles and Shannas to help with that? :p

Seriously, though, I have a lot of 3* Niles who just exist.

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Would you like some Niles and Shannas to help with that? :p

Shanna is for Desperation wyd

1 minute ago, Soul~! said:

seriously wtf

Iceberg isn't even that uncommon with Niles existing.

But pulling for skill fodder costs orbs.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Based on how things work in this game, it's basically guaranteed that clearing Infernal will reward an additional 4-star Lloyd and the usual feathers. It's also basically guaranteed that there will be an additional Lloyd from quests.

So there should be two new copies of Lloyd available for players who completed everything the first time.

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Who's your favorite servant? Mine is Hassan but Martha and Asterios cut it close.

The correct answer is Illya. Chloe is an acceptable answer as well.

Also any of the Lillies and class-changed servants, like Lancer Medusa and Caster Cu.

6 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

SHANNA IS FOR DESPERATION

WHAT ARE YOU DOING

I'D USE LEO FOR SAVAGE BLOW! SOMETIMES, DESPERATION LEADS TO THIS!

:p

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Shanna is for Desperation wyd

You can still use her for Iceberg like using Karel for Reprisal or Athena for Sword Experience. It's not like Iceberg is common and it's not like anyone wants Wo Dao. :p

Edited by Kaden