• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, KongDude said:

So, does anyone use Tobin? I like him and Kaya8, but I don't know what to do with him. His defaults and stat spread are a little weird.

Does it count if I'm going to use him and just haven't had time to do anything with him yet

Tyrfing should have had +Res when attacked, not this remake-exclusive upstart.

(Who could have thought that Berkut the name has its second syllable stressed: ber-COOT. Berkut with the first syllable stressed means “golden eagle” the bird in Russian.)

Hmm ... I'm considering changing up my Takumi's skills. Close counter and vantage is hilarious, but I'm wondering if that's what he's really best off doing or if I can just make better use of him by tearing down his default skills. I want to keep Fuujin Yumi on him (changing weapons is kind of expensive, and I like my Faye). Would darting blow be a good skill to put on my neutral speed Takumi? He's +def -HP. I also have an Eirika to give him hone speed boosts and a Sanaki for hone attack.

Edited by Sunwoo

10 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I mean, that's pretty much where I'm at.

I just got mine to level 40 the other day. He even had his bud Gray be a bro and give him double SP the entire time. Though now that I have gotten Tobin to max, he'll almost inevitably end up joining the likes of Seliph and Roy in never being used for anything ever again if I'm going to be completely honest with myself. 

8 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Hmm ... I'm considering changing up my Takumi's skills. Close counter and vantage is hilarious, but I'm wondering if that's what he's really best off doing or if I can just make better use of him by tearing down his default skills. I want to keep Fuujin Yumi on him (changing weapons is kind of expensive, and I like my Faye). Would darting blow be a good skill to put on my neutral speed Takumi? He's +def -HP. I also have an Eirika to give him hone speed boosts and a Sanaki for hone attack.

+Spd Takumi would do alright with Darting Blow, since his catch range would go up to 37 Spd, but I'm not sure if it's worth it for non +Spd, since 34 Spd and below doesn't have that many squishies.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

+Spd Takumi would do alright with Darting Blow, since his catch range would go up to 37 Spd, but I'm not sure if it's worth it for non +Spd, since 34 Spd and below doesn't have that many squishies.

Hmm, fair enough on that. Since mine is +def anyway and the HP+3 seal patches up his HP flaw for the most part, am I just better off having him soak up hits and using vengeance and vantage with close counter?

16 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Hmm, fair enough on that. Since mine is +def anyway and the HP+3 seal patches up his HP flaw for the most part, am I just better off having him soak up hits and using vengeance and vantage with close counter?

It's a solid gimmick, so why not I guess. I'd replace Vengeance though, since other stuff like Draconic Aura or Luna gives more reliable damage.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

I'm doing Lloyd's map, and after being killed by Lunge, I'm irrationally wanting a skill that negates enemy skills that move you (Sturdy Stance or something), and then I remembered the poor things are too niche for that.

Beat all the Lloyd quests along with infernal and decided to pull. Got Def+/Res- Mathilda and not a better version of adorable loli brat. Why must you evade me :(

I'm going to use Mathilda though. Is there any reliable builds for her?

Edited by KongDude

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Oh right. I actually forgot he could do that.

Lol if he can walk over water, he would have broken the bridge map in half. Then they give him the ability to walk over lava...

Next Episode: TAKUMI KABUTO DIES IN LAVA!

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think the problem here is that it is effective on both armors and horses. Would they neuter it or possibly toss out the effective damage bonuses completely for some other effect? If they kept the double effective bonuses and the weapon remained locked to Caeda, I guess it'd be balanced.

You can't predict much with Heroes so far. Any char may get added and anyone left out (even if they're important or their absence leaves a group unfinished- my points- Nergal and Kliff), and any weapon may be ignored or left totally divorced from it's actual base game effects. Have no hopes about what the future holds for Heroes I say. 

I DON'T SEE THE PROBLEM :) More advantages for Caeda!

P.S. Notice how I took out the bad pun :)

5 hours ago, Quintessence said:

What... is going... on?

I just left the thread 2 hrs ago, went back with 7 new pages and my first impressions were:

1. New content and relevant discussion 0/10

2. Ana posted

3. Typical derail

@eclipse we need you 8[

What fun is life without derails? 

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Tyrfing should have had +Res when attacked, not this remake-exclusive upstart.

(Who could have thought that Berkut the name has its second syllable stressed: ber-COOT. Berkut with the first syllable stressed means “golden eagle” the bird in Russian.)

I'm not entirely sure that +Res would save Seliph though. Even if he's +Res, 25+whatever bonus would not be enough to save him from magic 

Edited by GuiltyLove

17 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I DON'T SEE THE PROBLEM :) More advantages for Caeda!

Lol seriously speaking Caeda in this game sucks because thats really what would happen to her kind in this kind of game.

Even in Shadow Dragon theres a VERY good reason why she's the reccomended user of the first Master Seal, and the timing of her Master Seal usage is "as soon as possible". Pegasus Knight spread is really fucking bad.

Lloyd manage to be a good Pegasus Knight simply because Regal Blade is that broken

Edited by JSND

1 hour ago, JSND said:

Lol seriously speaking Caeda in this game sucks because thats really what would happen to her kind in this kind of game.

Even in Shadow Dragon theres a VERY good reason why she's the reccomended user of the first Master Seal, and the timing of her Master Seal usage is "as soon as possible". Pegasus Knight spread is really fucking bad.

Lloyd manage to be a good Pegasus Knight simply because Regal Blade is that broken

Yeah... low attack and defense is not good :(

My Caeda here is +Atk and has 41 attack! Horrible :(

8 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I changed the language on Heroes to Japanese.

I actually can't read Japanese that well.

Let's see how long this lasts.

I really adore the Japanese VAs with a few exceptions (love Oboro's English VA more)

I'll have to switch back for things like GHBs because of specific skills that would catch me off guard, but hearing my favourite character's Japanese VAs make me so giddy haha

Never thought I'd be saying this, but now that I've run out of favourites to promote, I'm actually considering promoting Xander. Problem is, I already have like 10 5* swords.

Someone talk me out of this. Or encourage me to do it, whichever you prefer.

5 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Wow I just listened to the JP voices in SoV. The younger sisters refer to the older ones as "nee-sama". So formal!

they call you "scrub"

22 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I really adore the Japanese VAs with a few exceptions (love Oboro's English VA more)

I really like Oboro's Japanese voice because it's so unique.

2 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Never thought I'd be saying this, but now that I've run out of favourites to promote, I'm actually considering promoting Xander. Problem is, I already have like 10 5* swords.

Xander is on a horse AND has Distant Counter though. You could just slowly work your way towards Horse Emblem like me. I just chip away at it when I feel like it, but 3/4 members are still 4*.

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

I've heard about guys having selective hearing. Is this one of those times?

I've heard about girls refusing to hear negative answers.

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

Yeah... low attack and defense is not good :(

My Caeda here is +Atk and has 41 attack! Horrible :(

Its more about low ATK high RES

Only way that spread can work is if your weapon is Gradivus or something

7 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

How many other units do you have? 10 5* swords sees you basically set for long enough to consider other classes that might not be able to fit in 5 separate teams.