The Obligatory "I have not played Gaiden" Thread

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still a noob in Fire Emblem. I've only played both Fates and Awakening for a year and a half.

Do you think this game will have the S-Support and Children feature as the previous games?

Also I'm only familiar with the character Celica. I used her during my first Awakening run as a Sorcerer. 

36 minutes ago, Smog said:

I'm still a noob in Fire Emblem. I've only played both Fates and Awakening for a year and a half.

Nothing wrong with that, buddy! I started with Awakening too, and now look at me, I'm like an old disgruntled veteran! 

37 minutes ago, Smog said:

Do you think this game will have the S-Support and Children feature as the previous games?

I don't think so, actually. I can see S-supports making a return if only because Gaiden had a lot of epilogues where people got together even though they didn't speak to each other throughout the entire game, but I would say there's almost no chance for children making a return. When the feature was introduced in Fates, it got a very lukewarm reception, and since then the Deeprealms (or Babyrealms, if you will) have been no small source of ridicule in the fandom. Not only that, but the kids scored very low on the official popularity poll, with Nina being the highest ranking child character at tenth place. Intelligent Systems take their polls very seriously, which is why we have Inigo, Owain and Severa in Fates, the three most popular child characters of Awakening.

I find it hard to believe Intelligent Systems will try adding such a system in the remake of an old game that didn't feature it when it wasn't even a hit in Fates. Of course, if they remake Fire Emblem 4, they'll feature both, so you can look forward to that!

41 minutes ago, Smog said:

Also I'm only familiar with the character Celica. I used her during my first Awakening run as a Sorcerer. 

Celica kicks some major ass in the original game, so if she remains as viable in Echoes, I think you'll be pleased. Alm's really good, too. 

Didn't get to play Gaiden, it looked a bit too dated. (lmao I know, I could play FE4 but not this. Sorry.)

So I'm gonna try and buy the remakes. I have to say I am IN LOVE with Celica's and Alm's new redesigns though.