• Hector
    • Eirika
    • Ephraim
    • Ike
    • Micaiah
    • Chrom
    • Lucina
    • Corrin

Starting with the most important unit, the Lord is vital to success in any game. Mandatory to all missions and the only characters who can Seize, Lords have utility in every run... whether you like it or not.

Lords fight with Swords, with few exceptions. Each Lord is unique in that each fills a different niche in the party, with strengths and weaknesses that change from Lord to Lord.

So yeah, this is a class-based vote inspired by the Choose Your Legend event, where I'll run through the various classes. Later polls might be split into Classic/Veteran/Modern, depending on how many choices there are. Classic encompasses 1-5, Veteran 6-10, and Modern 13-14.

Of course my answer is Ike, why would it be anyone else but our favorite blue-haired mercenary commander? <3 He's the perfect mix of badass, handsome, and beastly! Not only is he my favorite lord, but he's also my favorite FE character period and one of my favorite video game characters of all time. Ike's even kinda been there for me in real life, having gotten me a close friend and put a big smile on my face after my grandma passed when he was revealed for Smash Wii U/3DS. Sharing that top video game character spot only with Luigi from the Mario series, I don't think anyone will top this guy.

Seliph: blue hair check, long hair check, is broken check, gets my favourite legendary sword check, stars in my favourite FE game check, is the son of my 2nd favourite Lord check.

Ike. From my favorite Fire Emblem game. Most, are close second. Especially Marth.
Being able to cosplay as them in Fates was just badass.

Though Sigurd is pretty cool too, ah...

Leaf.

No Blue Hair? Check. Has to be the main lord in Thracia 776? Check. Is still more useful than Roy in his game, despite the worst promotion in the series? Check. Gets to be a Master Knight? Oh my yes Check. Is a great unit without a holy weapon, or some other powerful equipment? Check. Can he still wield some ridiculous equipment AND do a broken as hell glitch? Check. Is friends with the Prince of Light (and maybe the Black Knight)? Check. Managed to survive his party wiping because Kaga decided people just can't win if their name ain't Seliph in Judgral? Check. Takes over Thracia? Check.

Accept no substitutes.

Alright, shitty checking aside, Leaf is the lord who's forced to flee to a village by the sea when he's young and ends up leading a popular rebellion that manages to go through the mire that is the Thracian army, the Grandbellian occupation (led by Freege), the Lopt Sect and some of the worst gimmicks in the series (especially the warp tiles). All of this is why he's my favourite lord, and if Tellius makes me change my mind I'll let you know.

23 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Micaiah and Roy are my favorites, I'll throw the vote for Micaiah cause she gets the most flack.

Micaiah is second place in the poll though, she's not getting flack right now... I'd have given Roy the vote instead since he actually DOES get flack for being so bad gameplay-wise.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Micaiah is second place in the poll though, she's not getting flack right now... I'd have given Roy the vote instead since he actually DOES get flack for being so bad gameplay-wise.

I meant more in general in the fanbase for the most part.
I didn't check the poll before voting so I wouldn't have known beforehand.

Just now, Sophie said:

I meant more in general in the fanbase for the most part.
I didn't check the poll before voting so I wouldn't have known beforehand.

Really? I see a lot of love for Micaiah lately which surprises me because I always thought and still do think she's a pretty badly written and boring lord. I like that an original take was attempted with her, she has a cool design, and I think she had a lot of potential, but I feel IS just dropped the ball entirely with her. So suddenly seeing all kinds of love for her after the general opinion seemed to be that she was awful...well, yeah, it was a surprise to me. But we all have our favorite lords and characters, and sometimes opinions change over time. And I respect that.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, she caught up to Eirika...

To be perfectly honest, I'm surprised Eirika/Micaiah is beating out Lyn/Sigurd. Ike's taking all, though.

And the underdog here is Chrom. He still doesn't have a vote.

I like Eirika the most followed by Micaiah but I think I'm going to like Cellica a lot too. Her design is charming but I need to know her character first.

Eirika is my favorite because of nostalgia + characterization.
Micaiah is my second favorite because she's so different and the better written lord in Radiant Dawn.