317 members have voted

1. 1. Should Echoes add a customizable Avatar character>

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as how it's a remake I kinda doubt it especially since they didn't show anything like that when it's just 4 months away. But then again Heroes of Light and Shadow did so it's possible. I wouldn't really care either way, but I suppose I'll vote yes just because I'm not entirely against it.

As long as the avatar doesn't influence the story then I don't mind it being included, in fact if this is the case then I'm all for an avatar. Customisable characters are always fun to play with

I... don't really care one way or the other.

There are definitely some games in the series that I'd love to have an actual avatar character in. For example, I'd love to see Mark from Blazing Sword fleshed out in a remake (mostly because Lyndis is best girl, period.),

But I wouldn't want an Avatar in a remake of Geneology of the Holy War. I mean, how would that even work? If it's a first generation character, he'd need to die. If he's a second generation, he can't marry Bridget.

Should they?  It's hard to say that they probably will.  I like having a customizable unit, but I don't want them being at the forefront of the plot.

Can we get more nuanced vote choices?  I would like a Mark-level avatar in terms of plot significance, but with Kris level customizability.

Edited by Rezzy

21 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

Seeing as how it's a remake I kinda doubt it especially since they didn't show anything like that when it's just 4 months away. But then again Heroes of Light and Shadow did so it's possible. I wouldn't really care either way, but I suppose I'll vote yes just because I'm not entirely against it.

I was about to say New Mystery before I saw you yourself noted that. It was a remake in the first place that gave us the Avatar system haha. 

As for me? I don't care for the avatar, I'd rather them not exist, but if they must then well. Lets just hope they are pulled off better than Kris.

No. Putting aside my dislike of self-inserts in general, I find it hard to believe that it could be justified due to the nature of the split storyline. Assuming the simultaneous control of Alm and Celica's parties is kept from Gaiden.

8 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

No. Putting aside my dislike of self-inserts in general, I find it hard to believe that it could be justified due to the nature of the split storyline. Assuming the simultaneous control of Alm and Celica's parties is kept from Gaiden.

Maybe they'll let you make two avatars.  They could be twins that got separated or something.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe they'll let you make two avatars.  They could be twins that got separated or something.

Kind of defeats the point of a self insert if there's more than one, though.

Avatar is problematic because iirc alm and celica's party shouldn't be able to transfer charathers, and obviously the nature of an avatar should be always present. Also in the dungeon footage they were controlling the lord, so yeah...

2 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Kind of defeats the point of a self insert if there's more than one, though.

I dunno, I sometimes wish I could be two versions of myself.

Like I said, I like customizing characters, but don't want it to compromise the plot.

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

Edited by unique

There should be two! One for each lord! Seriously though that could be an interesting way of working in the route split and halving the Avatar worship.

Damn. Looks like I wasn't the only one who had that thought. Now I feel bad for posting without reading and being unoriginal.

Edited by Jotari

Honestly, out of all the older Fire Emblem games, Gaiden is the game where an Avatar could fit in the most. The Avatar could simply be one of the Villager units, since they sorta work like an Avatar Unit. 

They could even create new Villager characters for Celica's group, since she didn't get any on the original game.

Edited by Water Mage