Should there be an Avatar?

Should there be an avatar?  

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should Echoes add a customizable Avatar character>

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Oh I wasn't talking about a time travel. Just a straight up time skip with decedents inheriting status and equipment from now legendary ancestors.

I would love a 2nd gen of sorts, I just wouldn't expect it. I was just pitching an easy way to get children in without letting them anywhere near the main plot.

But I will lose my voice screaming if we get an actual 2nd gen in an FE game with no time travel and no hyperbolic time chambers.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it were low key and subtle on dealing with them (i.e. Treating them like everyone else) then I'd be fine with it.

If it's going to be like the last three games, hell no.

8 hours ago, Water Mage said:

They could even create new Villager characters for Celica's group, since she didn't get any on the original game.

Actually, Celica had one villager called Atlas and he was recruitable.

Anyway, I hope that the game doesn't have any Avatar, especially after what happened with Kris in FE:12.

8 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I don't trust IS to not screw it up, so definitely not.

Well, the EU direct apparently confirmed full voice over of the game-- so I'd say that's a definite strike against the inclusion of one. As if mandating teleportation didn't already strike it down.

No thank you.
If there was one but they were just a villager you can customize, Avatar fans would complain they are not important at all. This would be the option I would not mind the least, but I'd prefer it if it was optional.
If there was one but was like Kris or even worse, like Corrin, a lot of people would probably find it stale and older fans like me would not be pleased

Let this be Alm and Cellica' story!

At first I thought, if it's going to be like the avatar from FE12 then no and if it was going to be very minor like in FE7 then sure but now I'm thinking that there shouldn't be one at all. I'd like the remake to follow the original as closely as possible. We'll get our chance for an avatar on the Nintendo Switch Fire Emblem probably so they should just leave this one alone. My vote is no. 

Edited by Avarice_Shadow

I didn't like any of the avatars in FE 12-14. And as mentioned already, two armies prevent the Avatar from being the player's surrogate in the story, because the surrogate would miss half of the battles.

But I do hope they add a few new characters, simply to give more diversity to the class selection. Up until halfway trough chapter 2, Celica's party only has one pure melee fighter, three magic users, and Celica herself, who's a hybrid. Celica never gets cavaliers(discountin the one villager), but ends up with 6 magic users, 3 peg knights and 4 mercenaries/swordfighters. Meanwhile, Alm gets 4 cavalliers (not counting Villagers) and only one flyer. His only mercenaries come from villagers. We need more characters to balance the cast, but a self insert is not the way to go.

I actually done think the game should have an Avatar. New Heroes of Light and Shadow had an Avatar because as Elice said Marth needed a protector since Jagen was not playJagen Marth is weak. The atoryline was also better with the Avatar in my opinion, Gaiden has a great story and doesn't need a new addition the game will be fine once there is no Avatar. 

If this where a new game with a fresh story I would say if they want an avatar they should make them like robin again but this is a story that already exists and I agree they shouldn't just shove in a plot important avatar to a story that wasn't designed with one in mind but if they want an unimportant self insert that could have support conversations with everyone I would be totally on board. 

As for second gen, no way, I love the feature but it should only be in awakening (and the genealogy remake if it happens) it was already terrible that they where shoehorned into fates.

Edit: And No S supports too. 

Edited by Mackc2

Well, if it's the return of Mark 2.0, aka, an observer and bam that's it, sure why not ? I'm open to the idea. Water Mage got the good idea, making him a villager and all.
But if this is the second coming of Kris ? For the love of all that is good and holy, Hell. No.

I'm excited about this Fire Emblem because this is a remake of one of the game that is the most acclaimed by the fans, I want it to be like Shadow Dragon.

Edited by B.Leu

In a strange way I lean more towards no in this than I thought, but I think it's good that we don't so modern fans get to experience an older style, Plus it sells well and we might get more, more traditional story make up games.

So No, As I think it would help the series in what direction in needs to survive.

And then we just get to customise the villagers.

57 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

Well, if it's the return of Mark 2.0, aka, an observer and bam that's it, sure why not ? I'm open to the idea. Water Mage got the good idea, making him a villager and all.
But if this is the second coming of Kris ? For the love of all that is good and holy, Hell. No.

I'm excited about this Fire Emblem because this is a remake of one of the game that is the most acclaimed by the fans, I want it to be like Shadow Dragon.

Let's be honest, Mark isn't even an avatar. He's just a bystander who the player gets to name and has no effect on anything. I seriously question why he exists.