New Unit?

NoA released a small batch of character artwork, and there is one person wearing Cavalier styled armour who appears to be original to this game. The only male Cavaliers in Gaiden are Clive, Zeke, and Mycen; and he's clearly not Zeke or Mycen, and art resembling Clive was released in the batch with this guy.

OrmYc9m.jpg

Gaiden had a very small cast, i think there was like 16 characters at most for each side?

So yeah, i wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to create new characters as well. I mean, SD did it with some of the replacement units.

As long as there's no MU, im okay with it.

Edited by OakTree

Adding to this in the first look of game play we can see a unit in the right side in fancy mage like robes that isn't in the gaiden game play that it transitions from  

Capture7.PNG.280565ad1d46744545ad9a496adb1cc2.PNG

Edited by Mackc2

2 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Adding to this in the first look of game play we can see a unit in the right side in fancy mage like robes that isn't in the gaiden game play that it transitions from  

Capture7.PNG

That unit is, given some of the other preview stuff (specifically this), most likely a female soldier named Efi or Effie.

I looked back at the Fire Emblem direct and this new guy seems to be the exact same guy shown at 3:11 leading the Rigel army through the woods.

It may be possible that he's a new minor antagonist if that's the case.

New Gaiden Character.jpg

588054260508e_NewGaidenCharacter.jpg.36253385352af141daf7fe1eb3531274.jpg

Edited by Jokoister
Added a picture

Perhaps he is an MU type character, but with hopefully less significance to the plot. And if there are multiple new characters, perhaps there could be two MU characters, one on Alm's side and one on Celica's side. Their significance could be limited to having known each other or something like that.

kinda looks like an antagonist. at first I thought it could be one of the many cavalier/paladin bosses, or a new character. 

i almost considered rudolf as well, but he looks too young.

i think it's possible he might be zeke? although a character overhaul that includes hair in his case might be odd, i don't think they would release full-body art for a guy who's just be a chapter boss or a minor antag. 

of course, it is also completely possible that they did give one of the mounted bosses a larger role- but the headpiece he's got screams high ranking- either nobility, or commander/general or something. so i find it unlikely he's just a boss or something.

whoever he is, he's cute enough that i forgive him for the bowl cut.

Edited by falcoknights

If we're talking new units, can we get another Anna please? May or may not be my favourite character, want her playable in all the games from now, and I love seeing her unique outfits. Also give her a spear wielding class. Awakening gave her a sword, Fates a bow and now Heroes has given her an axe. Then again, I don't think Anna would fit the mounted archetype...

2 minutes ago, InfinityAlex said:

If we're talking new units, can we get another Anna please? May or may not be my favourite character, want her playable in all the games from now, and I love seeing her unique outfits. Also give her a spear wielding class. Awakening gave her a sword, Fates a bow and now Heroes has given her an axe. Then again, I don't think Anna would fit the mounted archetype...

Not gonna lie, if they add another incarnation of Anna in the game, I won't be complaining xD (She's so great)

I checked out the amount of characters there are for Gaiden since I haven't played it before (though I've wanted to) and noticed, as others have said, there aren't many characters. So yeah, they'll very likely be introducing new characters for Echoes.

1 minute ago, InfinityAlex said:

Keep Gaiden great, build a wall to keep the annas out. They love money and steal, and they keep jobs from deserving valentian citizens

In all seriousness, I don't think I'd mind Anna too terribly much, but she's a lot cooler as a cameo than as a combatant. She needs to be snuggling up with Jake around this time-period as well.

On topic, I love this new guy a lot. He doesn't have the avatar feel to him. I wonder if he's someone like Slayder?

9 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Keep Gaiden great, build a wall to keep the annas out. They love money and steal, and they keep jobs from deserving valentian citizens

In all seriousness, I don't think I'd mind Anna too terribly much, but she's a lot cooler as a cameo than as a combatant. She needs to be snuggling up with Jake around this time-period as well.

On topic, I love this new guy a lot. He doesn't have the avatar feel to him. I wonder if he's someone like Slayder?

I don't know, with the retcon that they're all sisters, I don't think it matters. I mean, Awakening had a bunch of Annas wondering around in addition to the playable one.

Just now, InfinityAlex said:

I don't know, with the retcon that they're all sisters, I don't think it matters. I mean, Awakening had a bunch of Annas wondering around in addition to the playable one.

Even more reasons to keep her out, there's just too many ;p

I dunno, I love Gaiden a lot as is, and one of the reasons I love it because it was so different. Not that adding Anna is that big of a change, but there was always the fact of "Anna is everywhere, but not in my boy Gaiden!"

I don't hate Anna btw. I don't get why she's so darn popular, though. If she has a place in Echoes, via DLC or otherwise, okay. Maybe give her the save menu icon she always deserved? Sweet.

Pretty sure the above character is not Anna (trying to stay on topic)

I mean, Anna has existed in some capacity (usually as the vendor of secret shops) in every game... except Gaiden. Technically she'll probably see an upgrade from not existing to at least something like that.

My friend brought up the above character as possibly being Slayder too, but I can't think of anyone of the top of my head in Gaiden that is immediately comparable.

1 hour ago, InfinityAlex said:

For the radiance saga tutorial, she was a Pegasus knight, so it's not completely out of the question.

I hope he's Slayder. If he is then maybe he'll actually return after all. I mean, he STILL hasn't comeback for revenge yet and it's been 24 year since the game was released.